Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited (871 Views)

'Tinubu Can’t Hold A Teacup’ — Najaatu Muhammad / Biafra: Pictures Illustrate Why Britain And World Powers Are Turning A Blind Eye / Tinubu Can’t Represent You At Next Week’s Presidential Debate, Atiku Warns Buhar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by peekspot(m): 10:05am On Feb 10

Babatunde Fashola, former governor of Lagos, says many services that Nigerians are expecting President Bola Tinubu to provide are not his responsibilities.

Fashola said the constitutional powers of the president make Nigerians expect that he or she can do everything for them.

Speaking on Untold Stories with Adesuwa, the former minister said it is not the responsibility of the president to provide water for citizens and ensure environmental sanitation.

Fashola said the idea that the president has too much power is premised on the fact that some people still have the mindset of “militarisation of the Nigerian politics”.

“The president is not an absolute custodian of power but a custodian of power in a constitutional democracy with checks and balances,” he said.

“There are differences between his powers, functions, and duties. We should not conflate them. That power vests us perhaps with the expectation that the president can make everything happen. There are certain things the president cannot do.

“These are the kinds of questions that we should be asking ourselves: Are we expecting so much from the president?

“What constitutional role does the president have with regard to things that affect the majority of people – water supply, sanitation, getting a business permit, paying rent?

“Those are things that are not the responsibilities of the Nigerian president.”

‘I DIDN’T STAGE-MANAGE LEKKI TOLLGATE CAMERA INCIDENT’

Fashola also spoke about the discovery of a hidden camcorder at the Lekki tollgate following the October 2020 ENDSARS protest.

The former governor of Lagos, while visiting the scene alongside other government officials and south-west governors, discovered a hidden camcorder, which he said must have been planted by “some subversive elements”.

The discovery sparked backlash on social media, as many Nigerians, including celebrities, took to their pages to air their different views.

The clip of Fashola picking up his discovery was turned into memes that trended on the internet for months.

Reacting to the incident, Fashola said the discovery of the camera was not stage-managed noting that he only wanted to help with the investigation regarding the shooting.

He said the question that should be asked is the whereabouts of the camera, adding that the issue was not raised at the Lagos judicial panel.

“Events at the Lekki tollgate and the way some sections of Nigerians turned it into comedy appeared to have helped defuse the tension. And for me, if that helped the country pull itself back from the precipice, it was worth the allegations,” he said.

“I won’t contrive that kind of thing. Those who know me know who I am. I don’t invent facts. I deal with facts as they are.

“That is what we all saw, and we handed it over if maybe it would be helpful in the inquiry as to what happened that night.”
https://www.thecable.ng/fashola-tinubu-cant-do-certain-things-for-nigerians-his-powers-are-limited/amp

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by Racoon(m): 10:06am On Feb 10
So you are now making excuses for a known failure as Lagos governor who your own regime rescued? Does he even know his constitutional responsibilities? Who asked him to promised eldorado in 2015 and 2023?

What does one expects from a fella whose entire life revolves around anything but criminality? So being itchy and twitchy while being moved by white heroin is not political sagacity or sophistication.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by Bobloco: 10:06am On Feb 10
But he got the power to thoughtlessly remove subsidies and plunge the entire nation into unmitigated hardship.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by falconey(m): 10:06am On Feb 10

LEAD BY EXAMPLE and watch things fall in place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by IrawoKross: 10:07am On Feb 10
Apparently, this useless clown is saying we should face front, die of hunger and leave Bulaba alone.

grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by Taich(m): 10:10am On Feb 10
Welcome to the new Nigeria, where the president is helpless with all the billions he collects daily from taxes, foreign and domestic loans.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by illicit(m): 10:16am On Feb 10
Yes boss
Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by Nbote(m): 10:19am On Feb 10
You people are mad...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by fnep2smooth(m): 10:19am On Feb 10
Mumu talk

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by Nonexisting1: 10:23am On Feb 10
They done dey change tune now. He single handedly built Lagos and now that it's time to build Nigeria even with people's help, his powers come dey limited. Issorite.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by mbaise1000: 10:25am On Feb 10
Taich:
Welcome to the new Nigeria, where the president is helpless with all the billions he collects daily from taxes, foreign and domestic loans.

Is this the new excuse? Who will take the credit if things are better?
He can at least, he can always bring back the fuel subsidy

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by Brendaniel: 10:28am On Feb 10
But he has unlimited power to keep people in detention even above court orders to release them...

Fashola should tell us another joke

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by BabanawanGod: 10:30am On Feb 10
if he can't do the most important thing in the country as a president let him step down in peace how can you say a president is limited in putting the country in a state of balance
we are hungry

https://audiomack.com/Double10/song/mr-emilokan

listen to this song and pls share

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by WakeUpNigerians: 10:31am On Feb 10
But he is almighty to remove subsidy on inauguration day abi!

Mumu OP!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by gratiaeo(m): 10:31am On Feb 10
Everyone knows that Tinubu is a well packaged scam just like buhari. It's only honest people like Peter obi can rescue this country

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by Pappyjim: 10:32am On Feb 10
Walahiii this man goofed with what he said!
Is he telling us that President don't have power to open border so that we can have enough and plenty food in the country when a lot of men can't feed their family while unaccounted of them are committing what they call suicide
He has power to announce, stop and remove subsidy within 24hours being a President of Nigeria?
If you're not at the corridor of power, you're not in oil bunkering bizness, you're not into Yahoo plus, then consider yourself "Zero" in this present country!
Deadly flood ravaged some food basket states last year due to the opening of dam in Cameroon which destroyed farm produce and sent many farmers bankrupt couple with Boko haram that sent many farmers out far away from cultivating and toiling their land
Federal government Anchor borrower's scheme failed woefully due to indices stated above plus mismanagement of funds by the officials who are suppose to do the right thing but diverted and stole the funds!
I voted the APC just like the way I voted for "Mr No Shoe" back then...
Let's call spade a spade,Fashola goofed and he doesn't need to cover up the failed government because he's part of them!. Shikena!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by reiddecuti: 10:34am On Feb 10
A goner is a goner and APC is a goner...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by Felimax(m): 10:34am On Feb 10
Oga I beg seize noise!
You guys should focus on your failures

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by Kaycee9242(m): 10:35am On Feb 10
Why didn't you tell us this during camping? Thieves

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by tonesky(m): 10:35am On Feb 10
His powers are limited when it comes to providing good governance but not limited in approving bullet proof cars for assembly members, not limited to pocket legislature and judiciary. You didn't consider the limited power when he previously castigated past presidents. May the president's power never be limited so that the masses can breath Insha Allah.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by Beremx(f): 10:38am On Feb 10
Fashola should not make me lose the remaining 20% respect I have for him. Fashola knows he's a better presidential candidate than Tinubu, why is supporting incompetency?

Tinubu is a failure. So be it

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by IrawoKross: 10:42am On Feb 10
Beremx:
Fashola should not make me lose the remaining 20% respect I have for him. Fashola knows he's a better presidential candidate than Tinubu, why is supporting incompetency?

Tinubu is a failure. So be it
You still have respect for someone wearing this cap? Lol

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by WakeUpNigerians: 10:45am On Feb 10
Awon werey

Always finding excuses
Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by Sangoamadioha1: 10:56am On Feb 10
Racoon:
So you are now making excuses for a known failure as Lagos governor who your own regime rescued? Does he even know his constitutional responsibilities? Who asked him to promised eldorado in 2015 and 2023?

[/b]What does one expects from a fella whose entire life revolves around anything but criminality[b]? So being itchy and twitchy while being moved by white heroin is not political sagacity or sophistication.

I know say no be wetin you mean you write up there.
Let me assume it's rush to comment that caused it😉

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by motymop: 11:13am On Feb 10
Fashola is right, the president has his own duties while the state governors had their own duties

Duties like water, sanitation, rent, property laws, state security, state road, state employment and pension are in the hand of the state government.

There are many state government not doing anything except stealing state property who should they be accountable to.

Everyone keep focusing on the federal government while the state government do nothing to better the lives of their people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by Beremx(f): 11:20am On Feb 10
IrawoKross:
You still have respect for someone wearing this cap? Lol
yes I do. Besides he hardly wears that cap. He's the only Tinubu boy I have little respect for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by blacknp(m): 11:21am On Feb 10
motymop:
Fashola is right, the president has his own duties while the state governors had their own duties

Duties like water, sanitation, rent, property laws, state security, state road, state employment and pension are in the hand of the state government.

There are many state government not doing anything except stealing state property who should they be accountable to.

Everyone keep focusing on the federal government while the state government do nothing to better the lives of their people
You are correct.
Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by blacknp(m): 11:21am On Feb 10
Beremx:
yes I do. Besides he hardly wears that cap. He's the only Tinubu boy I have little respect for
What of Osibanjo?
Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by IrawoKross: 11:26am On Feb 10
Beremx:
Enjoy the respect. grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by DatNiggaDaz: 11:26am On Feb 10
grin

This are Ronu electricity is not rocket science clowns who take responsibilities for nothing in other to defend a roasted electricity with a down payment fraud.

Are this not thesame insincere, lying, fraudulent character who called Jonathan names and blamed him for everything that went wrong in Nigeria during his time.

For me, i never in my whole life took this irresponsible charlatans serious. They represent everything that is seriously wrong with the country.

Shameless incompetent lying fraudsters grin grin
Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by ResidentSnitch(f): 11:32am On Feb 10
Lol... look at them giving excuses and dodging responsibilities when they knew right from time that they are absolutely bereft of ideas. Take a good look at them - the so-called economic maestros and technocrats.
Re: Tinubu Can’t Do Certain Things For Nigerians — His Powers Are Limited by brain54(m): 11:33am On Feb 10
So says...

Mr "electricity generation is not rocket science..."

Politicians!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Is The One Behind The Fall Of Naira / Marginalization Whom To Blame: / Damilola Taylor’s Mother Dies In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.