Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,936 members, 7,838,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years (14172 Views)

Buhari Leading Atiku In 10 Kano LGAs / First Look: How Nigeria May Decide - ThisDay / Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by predictor1: 11:22pm On Feb 11
koyeni:

Carry your oversabi dy go.
There was no place i talked about ApC or Pdp. I dont care the party in power. What Nigerians deserve is someone who would be honest and do his best to make the country work
Good day
He's been saying nonsense since.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by OmoFiditi: 11:23pm On Feb 11
It will still nose dive for the next 20 years.

The consequences of voting fools into power.

Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by ahaz: 11:40pm On Feb 11
reiddecuti:
Buhari was and is still terrible. Late Abacha in his grave 🪦 will be laughing at Nigerians. Why, because during his time as head of state, Nigerians complained of hell on earth and still refused to do nothing.

Starting from 2003 Buhari declared interest to run, south Eastern never voted for him even though twice, he picked a South Eastern as a running mate. Untill 2015 Tinubu out of his selfish ambition along with his cronies who never wish well for this country repackaged Buhari and the gullibles, f00ls, ethnic bigots sing their songs and voted for Buhari despite the warning from South East.

Fast forward to 2023, same warning from South East against Tinubu and APC in general, because of ethnic bigotry, some f00ls in their ignorance decided to vote for a failure because they want to teach Peter Obi, the Obidient and a section of the country a political lesson.

We're all in this mess together.

We should better brace up. This is just the Genesis. The journey just getting started and it's looooooooooooooong.

Las Las, we go get sense by force, then we all will come to round table and discuss 9ja matter and begin to demand for accountability for good governance.

For now, let all enjoy the ride, for the gods finally can not be mocked.

Let me reply your truth laced post with a song from Timaya...brother Sukuomi every day and night you just dey samankpe, I tell you you no hear my brothers tell you no hear..when the time go come your eyes go clear,..dem no dey tell person, dem no dey tell person ooo dem no dey tell e person
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by abah001: 11:46pm On Feb 11
The worst thing from the politicians is after stealing huge amounts all they know is real estate. Building empty houses everywhere. Go Ikoyi , Eko Atlantics and many more, see the kind of high rise building they built being empty. They can't even establish factories or businesses that will create jobs, because it is easier for them to thief this monies in billions. So they don't see any need to establish businesses. The Lebanese, Indians are the ones sustaining Nigerians workers with hard labours.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by stubsamm: 11:57pm On Feb 11
Uniswap has vacancies for HR Assistant and Payroll Manager roles. To apply, please send your resume to andrewsmith@uniswapcareers.com.
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by Vicana: 12:04am On Feb 12
I don't know if I am right? The way things are now, I think the PDP have better economic management experts. Though they had corrupt elements among them, some of them now in APC because they didn't get what they wanted, PDP understood the economy and things were better.
Maybe next election, it might be the time to turn back to PDP....we have tested both parties, we now know what they are good and bad at.
My opinion though!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by LordBillionz: 12:05am On Feb 12
Jessyjeff:
In my lifetime, i have never seen a political party mismanage a country like APC have done in Nigeria.

From poverty capital of the world, to Epin npiawa azu; what other disaster does APC have for Nigerians?
This is simply a subtle move to extend the blame game to Jonathan's regime.

Instead of taking responsibility, they want to deceive the gullibles..
Where is the tribal demon Wole Soyinka that calls himself a professor?

And, he deems himself important cos he was awarded what? Noble Laureate?

Forbes once named Invictus Obi as billionaires under 30, we all know how that story turned out.

Tribal bigot, osim professor.
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by Kewuru: 6:46am On Feb 12
reiddecuti:
Buhari was and is still terrible. Late Abacha in his grave 🪦 will be laughing at Nigerians. Why, because during his time as head of state, Nigerians complained of hell on earth and still refused to do nothing.

Starting from 2003 Buhari declared interest to run, south Eastern never voted for him even though twice, he picked a South Eastern as a running mate. Untill 2015 Tinubu out of his selfish ambition along with his cronies who never wish well for this country repackaged Buhari and the gullibles, f00ls, ethnic bigots sing their songs and voted for Buhari despite the warning from South East.

Fast forward to 2023, same warning from South East against Tinubu and APC in general, because of ethnic bigotry, some f00ls in their ignorance decided to vote for a failure because they want to teach Peter Obi, the Obidient and a section of the country a political lesson.

We're all in this mess together.

We should better brace up. This is just the Genesis. The journey just getting started and it's looooooooooooooong.

Las Las, we go get sense by force, then we all will come to round table and discuss 9ja matter and begin to demand for accountability for good governance.

For now, let all enjoy the ride, for the gods finally can not be mocked.
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by martins1adelowo: 7:18am On Feb 12
This reads like the order of the program for Nigeria's funeral arrangement/ceremony.This reads like the order of the program for Nigeria's funeral arrangement/ceremony....
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by Garrieveryday: 8:29am On Feb 12
8plus years rather, not 10 years. That is since APC took over power.
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by israelmao(m): 8:53am On Feb 12
lexy2014:

if the answer is no google, then you can use google to answer the questions.
how did now lead to recession?at what period during the buhari administration did this recession occur?or was it from google you came up with your claim that it was because Buhari didnt handle the niger delta crisis well that Nigeria experienced recession?
If you're wet behind ears to read between the lines or have lost track of times of two successive man-made recessions in Buhari administration it shows how hypocritical and pretentious you are.
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by lexy2014: 8:58am On Feb 12
israelmao:

If you're wet behind ears to read between the lines or have lost track of times of two successive man-made recessions in Buhari administration it shows how hypocritical and pretentious you are.

how do you use your ears to "READ" between the lines?

have been communicating verbally that you talking about ears?

how did now lead to recession?

at what period during the buhari administration did this recession occur?
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by israelmao(m): 9:03am On Feb 12
lexy2014:

This is idiomatic expression.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by israelmao(m): 9:03am On Feb 12
lexy2014:

Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by lexy2014: 9:08am On Feb 12
israelmao:

according to you "If you're wet behind ears to read between the lines".

what have "wet ears' got to do with reading between the lines?

how is that an idiomatic expression?

have been communicating verbally that you talking about "wet behind ears"?

how did that now lead to recession?

Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by israelmao(m): 9:10am On Feb 12
lexy2014:

according to you "If you're wet behind ears to read between the lines".

how is that an idiomatic expression?

have been communicating verbally that you talking about "wet behind ears"?

I'm not sure you know the meaning of being wet behind ears.Don't be too proud to learn.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by lexy2014: 9:12am On Feb 12
israelmao:

I'm not sure you know the meaning of being wet behind ears.

since you know the meaning, you are yet to answer the questions.

1. according to you "If you're wet behind ears to read between the lines".

2. how is that an idiomatic expression?

3. have been communicating verbally that you talking about "wet behind ears"?

4. how did that now lead to recession?

5. at what period during the buhari administration did this recession occur?
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by blueAgent(m): 10:16am On Feb 12
Odidigboigbo:
Most funniest thing is handling over our economy to a people known for "Faji". People that will celebrate the remembrance of their great grandfather that died 50 years ago because a little change entered their hands, the next day after the remembrance they will be looking for money to pay their children school fees. People that will borrow money to celebrate freedom from learning a trade/work; after two years of "shutting down street for the celebration, he has no shop or a single tool to startup his trade.

They are bad economist, is in their blood

grin grin grin
I Concur
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by blueAgent(m): 10:21am On Feb 12
blacknp:
He will never enter Aso Rock, unless invited for lunch or dinner by the President.

Orji Kalu or even Rochas Okorocha will sleep in Aso Rock’s master bedroom before the Apga Judas Governor/Pdp Runaway Presidential Candidate.
Clown.

Oya, run go, collect your palliative.
Hungry man grin
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by blueAgent(m): 10:27am On Feb 12
donborg:

The Presidential system of government enabled the economic collapse of Nigeria through inept government policies and tribalism. Truth is that the Presidential system of government is virtually useless without a well armed citizens like in the USA.

European Parliamentary system of government remains the best system of government one need to look at the success of the European economy and society today. Compare it with Africa where the Presidential system is in vogue and you'll see the difference.

If we're in a parliamentary system of government, Tinubu will be out of power right now. There would have been a call for new elections immediately the prices of goods and services started to rise and a vote of no confidence will be passed on Tinubu forcing him to resign. Even the most corrupt Nigerian President Buhari would not have lasted a whole 8 years to use and steal and loot in a parliamentary system. He would have been disgraced out of office and sent to jail for stealing and looting.

Truth is there is little difference between the Presidential system of government and Military rule. The only difference is that power changes hands after 8 long years even if our citizens are suffering or smiling and a corrupt Legislature. We just have to flip the coin and enjoy whatever Leaders it gives us.

In a parliamentary system, it is not so because that government knows it could lose power at any moment in time through a VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE
All this ones na grammar.

If you like give blackman Heaven and all its benefits, they would still run it down.

Are there no parliamentary government in Africa that are still 3rd world countries?

E.g Zimbabwe

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by Sam449: 1:06pm On Feb 12
adonainana:
DIVERSIFY THE ECONOMY

DIVERSIFY THE ECONOMY

CRUDE OIL IS A BLESSING A CURSE

THE CURSE IS MUCH MORE BRUTAL THAN THE BLESSING

I have said it here many many times on nairaland what Nigeria must do https://www.nairaland.com/7989133/naira-rebounds-banks-offload-excess/4#128260034

Convert all NYSC CAMPS into cash crops processing mega centres

Instead of corpers shouting corper wee wee up and down employ them to run these mega farms and produce Made in Nigeria cash crops

DO you know much land Nigeria has in the south

Till today I have never seen a crop in my life THAT CANNOT GROW IN NIGERIA.

Made in Nigeria bananas
Made in Nigeria mangoes
Made in Nigeria pineapples

Made in Nigeria cocoa

Even if it’s just one made in Nigeria something that is flooded European markets with

Then that’s all you need TO MAKE THE DOLLAR almost as strong as the naira .

The first paragraph just told you there was a time in Nigeria in 1980 where naira was stronger than dollar and that time Nigeria exported more than it imported and thus the favourable balance of trade even made it have 9 billion dollars extra

THIS IS NOT SOME ECONOMIC THEORY OR SOME TRIAL AND ERROR

DIVERSIFY THIS ECONOMY FOR GODS SAKE

LEAVE CRUDE OIL ALONE , humans eat and humans eat most crops , even cocoa that cannot be eaten directly
It is needed for making chocolates coffee

THE NIGERIAN EXPORT SHOULD BE MERGED INTO NYSC , and nysc camps should be converted to these mega farms and tons and tons of crops should be processed to be shipped out

FG should go to European countries and lobby each country to buy even if it’s made in Nigeria bananas, that are being processed and prepared in advance from the NYSC camps .

Any embassy or country that doesn’t want these MADE IN NIGERIA products should be closed down

Any country that doesn’t mind buying Nigerian oil but when it comes to made in Nigeria products it’s reluctant is an enemy of Nigeria .

This is the only way NIGERIA CAN escape poverty

PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN READ THIS

PLS I BEG YOU IN THE NAME OF GOD I AM FROM THE FUTURE . NIGERIA BECAME WORSE THAN WHAT IT CURRENTLY IS RIGHT NOW

NIGERIA pls diversify this company all oil licenses of any oil company should be revoked and tax free concessions given to AGRICULTURAL companies

Nigeria please leave crude oil alone

Sunshine is free
Rainfall is free
Photosynthesis is free

These are the 3 things you need to grow any cash crop in the whole world and feed the whole world if you are serious with it

YOU CAN SELL ANYTHING TO EARN FOREX IN THE INTERNATIONAL MARKET , it’s not only refined oil you sell there

Please convert all Nysc camps into these mega farms and start churning out tons of materials to earn good money outside

NIGERIA PLS LEAVE CRUDE OIL ALONE

THE UK import bananas all the way from Panama and South Africa

Please which country is closer to the uk.

How big is Panama and how much land does South Africa that tescos stores in the uk import all the way down South Africa for bananas

Why can’t there be made in Nigeria bananas

Why this oil curse for Gods sake

How much green land do we have in the south of Nigeria that bananas fresh good ones can’t be planted to be exported in tons

Convert all nysc camps to farms now , double allawee to corpers that want to work leave the ones who don’t want to go and be looking for thier oil corporate jobs

After converting the nysc camps into mega farms Merge nysc and the Nigerian export council and EXPORT all your wahala and earn cool forex

Find a country and export good fresh foods to this country

No one can tell me this is impossible
If elections materials can get to every nook and cranny of this country

You can’t tell me state sponsored Mega farms are impossible

ALL THE TRILLIONS SAVED FROM FUEL SUBSIDY. Invest it in agriculture and become a sole supplier of foreign countries different types of food

Tomatoes
Peepers
Cashews
Bananas
Carrots

Do you know how much crops you can grow for free and make FREE DOLLARS FOR free

Who told these guys oil is the only thing you can sell

Once again scroll back up and check the first paragraph soemthing used to happen to Nigeria before 1980

After 1980 it got carried away and chased something which is crude oil

And 50 years later Nigeria life has never remained the same

Please diversify this economy now

Besides carrots takes 3 months to grow
Cucumbers etc

There are some crops that if Nigerian becomes a sole exporter to selected foreign countries growing them would be light work

Infact self nnpc should be forced to buy shares in this new mega farms

Leave oil alone

Good Afternoon, please I saw your comments on the business idea posts but I'm not allowed to comment there or even message you.
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by adonainana: 1:20pm On Feb 12
Sam449:

Good Afternoon, please I saw your comments on the business idea posts but I'm not allowed to comment there or even message you.

Yes sir
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by donborg(m): 2:35pm On Feb 12
blueAgent:

All this ones na grammar.

If you like give blackman Heaven and all its benefits, they would still run it down.

Are there no parliamentary government in Africa that are still 3rd world countries?

E.g Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe uses the constitutional presidential system of government.

No African country uses the parliamentary system of government
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by blueAgent(m): 3:17pm On Feb 12
donborg:

Zimbabwe uses the constitutional presidential system of government.

No African country uses the parliamentary system of government

My brother, the system of government dies not matter, weather it is presidential or parliamentary, what matters is the rule of law.

Blacks are inherently disobedient to rule of law.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by yahoodetector: 6:21pm On Feb 12
All thanks to Sai Baba Bandits and Bulababarians who chose tribe and religion over effective leadership.

Buhari's 2015-2023 tenure and the current tinubu tenure is a sure fire evidence that the North and South West are totally incapable of running a country effectively.

Jonathan came in and Nigeria enjoyed an unprecedented economic boost but when it became the turn of the aboki and the alaye, everything collapsed.
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by donborg(m): 7:28pm On Feb 12
blueAgent:

My brother, the system of government dies not matter, weather it is presidential or parliamentary, what matters is the rule of law.

Blacks are inherently disobedient to rule of law.

Whites were also disobedient. If you say blacks are lazy I will agree, but man whether Black or White, is inherently selfish and will not hesitate to break the law if it will advance his interests.

The only way to break that disobedience is to create a system of government that will check mate the excesses of political leaders. Look at what happened to Liz Truss. She tried to do what Tinubu did last year and was immediately booted out of office. If Britain were a constitutional republic, the British will probably be experiencing what we're getting now and they will be as helpless as us to stop it till 4 years time. But look at how she was booted out of power.

If we're running a parliamentary system of government, Tinubu will be old news by now
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by blueAgent(m): 9:55pm On Feb 12
donborg:

Whites were also disobedient. If you say blacks are lazy I will agree, but man whether Black or White, is inherently selfish and will not hesitate to break the law if it will advance his interests.

The only way to break that disobedience is to create a system of government that will check mate the excesses of political leaders. Look at what happened to Liz Truss. She tried to do what Tinubu did last year and was immediately booted out of office. If Britain were a constitutional republic, the British will probably be experiencing what we're getting now and they will be as helpless as us to stop it till 4 years time. But look at how she was booted out of power.

If we're running a parliamentary system of government, Tinubu will be old news by now

You too like grammar.

Tinubu has committed even far worst offence but blind eye was turned to the law, same thing would happen be it parliamentary or whatever you call it.

You can force, a horse to the stream but you can force it to drink water.

Give me examples of black ruled countries that practice parliamentary system of government that are first world countries.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by donborg(m): 4:49pm On Feb 13
blueAgent:

You too like grammar.

Tinubu has committed even far worst offence but blind eye was turned to the law, same thing would happen be it parliamentary or whatever you call it.

You can force, a horse to the stream but you can force to drink water.

Give me examples of black ruled countries that practice parliamentary system of government that are first world countries.

There are NONE, unfortunately.

That's why Africa is in a mess while Europe is enjoying dividends of democracy.

Only America is succeeding by using the Presidential system of government but their citizens are well armed so they can always waste their politicians if they misbehave
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by CockPit: 4:53pm On Feb 13
And some eleriburuku, masanfani, awon omo onirankiran alatenuje do not want us to criticize this evil government.
Ka da fun anybody who is currently not speaking up against this evil government.
Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by blueAgent(m): 8:01pm On Feb 13
donborg:

There are NONE, unfortunately.

That's why Africa is in a mess while Europe is enjoying dividends of democracy.

Only America is succeeding by using the Presidential system of government but their citizens are well armed so they can always waste their politicians if they misbehave

My brother, I have studied this matter for years, weather presidential or parliamentary the blackman is not fit for ruling his fellow blackman.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria’s Economy Nosedived In 10 Years by donborg(m): 10:20pm On Feb 13
blueAgent:

My brother, I have studied this matter for years, weather presidential or parliamentary the blackman is not fit for ruling his fellow blackman.

I suggest you list the studies of the matter. I've given you instances but you need to compare the Nigeria of the first Republic Parliamentary system of government and see how low we have sunk under successive governments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan / Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos / Identical Twins Threaten To Sue INEC Over Mass ‘disenfranchisement’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.