Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada (28962 Views)

How I Helped My Client Find Out His Landlord Was Tapping From His Prepaid Light / I Finally Helped My Birthgiver Get To The Hospital - TheGidRedpiller / Son Destroys Food Items In The Kitchen After Mum Refused His Request (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by GloriousGbola: 2:50pm On Feb 13
If I was customs I would take you aside and search you. Some of those things are already available in Canada. I cannot understand why a person would be shipping Vaseline and matches to a western country

14 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by RepoMan007: 2:50pm On Feb 13
Others do jakpa sales, you did jakpa shopping.

1 Like

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Fortuneed(m): 2:51pm On Feb 13
You have tried. God bless you. The items look neat too. Good job
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Bokeeto(m): 2:53pm On Feb 13
Goodlady:
How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada.
Recently, my sister escaped from this hard country to Canada for greener pastures. Many of you knew me on this site as that young girl with sharp mouth. Well, I may be choleric but I m also nice.
So this February, sister went to Ontario. I knew she'd miss home. I went to Wuse market and nearby street shops n bought varieties. I waka-waka my rubber slippers cut. My sister is a picky type that eat light foods but she still love our local dishes. She's going to miss home 😭 and I just want her to v her favorite foods as long as she can. Though she can patronize African stores over there too.
As I m typing this, I can't wait to see her, am so happy for her and I hope to relocate too via marriage in future. Hm, God when?

Anyways I ll list some of the items as I post them here. They are educative and useful for people going abroad too. There are some items you can take along like razor blades, shaving sticks, stock fish, palm oil, locust beans, garri, beans, rice, onions, matches, polish, makeup props, grinded beans for moinmoin or akara, crayfish, beans, balls, sellotape, dried pepper, potash, bathroom slippers, cleansers, needles and threads to sew post letter tear-tear undies or clothes. πŸ˜‚ In fact, just carry any small daily use item we use here and conceal them well cos of over sabi long throat immigration officers at airport. It ll shock you you can buy a packet of blade that's not up to N1,000 for over $20 Canadian dollars, that's over N20K in Nigeria. Imagine blade pack kan for N20K? It no shock you?
So below are items I packed for her and she's enjoying them there. πŸ˜‚

Pic 1, Carton of coaster biscuit, table size mortar and pestle for her to grind pepper and packs of match sticks.

which pathway did she travel with? via visa type
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Rodinat: 2:55pm On Feb 13
You are a good sis,may God grant you your heart desires.Well done.
Which courier did she use or she put them in her luggage?
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Hassanmaye(m): 2:55pm On Feb 13
advanceDNA:

Village pple are real oooo grin grin grin grin grin.
Hahahaha the guy has been scammed it may runs into millions

1 Like

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Maconstruct(m): 2:56pm On Feb 13
if yu dont put money on d pistle, d plene could spoil lipsrsealed
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Ay92(m): 2:57pm On Feb 13
You can tell the op is a kid.

6 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by airsaylongcome: 2:57pm On Feb 13
Many of the items on that list make no sense. Blades? Cello tape? You will get those in Canada, at way superior quality. Anything other than food items is not needed

4 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by mrdharkchild(m): 2:57pm On Feb 13
She may pay more. They sell those things here.
Where in Ontario though?
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by BigDickProblems: 2:58pm On Feb 13
alterego17:

So how did u send it down to Canada?...wich courier service did u use??

Help me ask her. Unintelligent, typical of them.

2 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by ayandee: 2:58pm On Feb 13
You need to drop that palm oil. Customs won't let it pass.
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by DonFreshmoney(m): 3:00pm On Feb 13
Goodlady:
Recently, my sister escaped from this hard country to Canada for greener pastures. Many of you knew me on this site as that young girl with sharp mouth. Well, I may be choleric but I m also nice.
So this February, sister went to Ontario. I knew she'd miss home. I went to Wuse market and nearby street shops n bought varieties. I waka-waka my rubber slippers cut. My sister is a picky type that eat light foods but she still love our local dishes. She's going to miss home 😭 and I just want her to v her favorite foods as long as she can. Though she can patronize African stores over there too.
As I m typing this, I can't wait to see her, am so happy for her and I hope to relocate too via marriage in future. Hm, God when?

Anyways I ll list some of the items as I post them here. They are educative and useful for people going abroad too. There are some items you can take along like razor blades, shaving sticks, stock fish, palm oil, locust beans, garri, beans, rice, onions, matches, polish, makeup props, grinded beans for moinmoin or akara, crayfish, beans, balls, sellotape, dried pepper, potash, bathroom slippers, cleansers, needles and threads to sew post letter tear-tear undies or clothes. πŸ˜‚ In fact, just carry any small daily use item we use here and conceal them well cos of over sabi long throat immigration officers at airport. It ll shock you you can buy a packet of blade that's not up to N1,000 for over $20 Canadian dollars, that's over N20K in Nigeria. Imagine blade pack kan for N20K? It no shock you?

Pic 1, Carton of coaster biscuit, table size mortar and pestle for her to grind pepper and packs of match sticks.

Which province your sister dey make we connect?? I sent you email.
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by chopnaira: 3:02pm On Feb 13
Goodlady:

She has landed and is devouring them. Some were removed but she went there with almost all items. Especially blades for shaving pubic areas cos she told me a pack of blade was $20. And the blade na nacet wey no strong reach tiger. $20 is over N22K in Nigeria.
Most of the food items too, she's enjoying them. Thanks sister.
.your sister should just buy a portable clipper undecided
Won't blade give bumbs.

6 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Unrated900(m): 3:03pm On Feb 13
Stop saying hardships often and often
Which hardship dey Naija
When people are making it on a daily basis here in Naija....
Better pray for upportunities and stop complaining

8 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Error401: 3:03pm On Feb 13
just wish her well and move on. You guys are just filled with negativities

Yashita:

My dear, I hope your sister has landed and successfully passed through the Canadian immigration at their airport over there?

I watched a video just the morning about a guy that was deported immediately he entered Canada, simply because they checked his luggage and found he packed his documents giving a sense of job seeker on a visit visa.

Canada is strict o.

1 Like

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Shantyken(m): 3:06pm On Feb 13
So make we do wetin now
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by studycenter: 3:06pm On Feb 13
Lol, she'll dump the item all
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by BabaRamota1980: 3:07pm On Feb 13
Goodlady:

She has landed and is devouring them. Some were removed but she went there with almost all items. Especially blades for shaving pubic areas cos she told me a pack of blade was $20. And the blade na nacet wey no strong reach tiger. $20 is over N22K in Nigeria.
Most of the food items too, she's enjoying them. Thanks sister.

She dey take nacet shave pussy. Why? Gillete and Venus shaving stick no dey for Canada? What if she cut hersef nau?

2 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Dancebreaker: 3:07pm On Feb 13
Nice one but fact is that you adapt very well, even without 9ja food.

The shaving razor one is funny. cheesy cheesy grin grin

There are clippers to use na.
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Alexis11: 3:08pm On Feb 13
Goodlady:

Connect me with your Sister na. I dey Toronto (Finch West) cool
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by JuanDeDios: 3:10pm On Feb 13
LoveLeadsLand:
So,people still uses match sticks? Why not a lighter? You're a good sister though. And I hope some of the items you put there will not be a reason why they will send her back.
Lol. Why naa?
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by JuanDeDios: 3:11pm On Feb 13
ayandee:
A whole palm oil? Why?
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Alexis11: 3:12pm On Feb 13
It ll shock you you can buy a packet of blade that's not up to N1,000 for over $20 Canadian dollars, that's over N20K in Nigeria. Imagine blade pack kan for N20K? It no shock you?

This is only a problem when you've not started working sis.

Average pay is 17-18$ per hour. $200+ a day is a normal thing here depending on the length of your shift and hourly rate.

4 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by dustydee: 3:13pm On Feb 13
Andyblaze:
shocked I am in new Brunswick
Did you abandon your music career?
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by adecz: 3:13pm On Feb 13
Na real local pipul una be,
even cheese balls sefβ—οΈβ—οΈβ—οΈπŸ˜•

How long will these last❓❓

By the time those oyibo dogs for
airport detect these alien smells, una
go explain tire with no evidence..😐😐😐

3 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Beraphiu(m): 3:13pm On Feb 13
out of all these, what i am missing now is grounded beans for Akara because i don't eat moi-moi
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Alexis11: 3:13pm On Feb 13
ayandee:

No point stressing about palm oil really, African stores here have good Okomu oil. Simi foods gats your back if you are in Toronto. Quality guaranteed.

2 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Zhunnurayn(m): 3:15pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

Ordinarily i would agree with you, but there is a reason why many countries forbid foreign foodstuff coming in

The foreign stuff may contain bacteria, parasites even insects that are not native to the country of destination and may cause havoc to thw country wildlife and even diseases to flora and fauna

Countries like Australia learned that lesson the hard way.

What happened to Australia,
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by dkidd: 3:15pm On Feb 13
U even sent her mortar and pestle? Omor them supposed take her oneside shocked
On a serious note those things can be gotten there from African shops. But this is good though and i wonder when this batch finishes if u will continue sending more over periodically

5 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by ghettochild(m): 3:16pm On Feb 13
[quote author=inoki247 post=128437396]Lol I think say food cheap for Canada dey don't have problem with foods and all the accessories are cheap over dere than Nigeria...

I just pray all doz food ingredients will not be bounced back at the Airport...[/quote
all these items are cheap but as a Nigerian, we always convert the dollars to naira that's why it's expensive..why do we expect the items to be the same price. Na swear

1 Like

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by BigDawsNet: 3:16pm On Feb 13
Aboniki nko? One of the most popular item we need

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? / Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture / Japa: β€˜many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.