Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers (3341 Views)

Riot In Aba Over Government Task Force (Photos) / Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt / Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by nanaboi(m): 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2007
Yesterday was crazy in Aba!

There were two groups hunting girls in jean trousers: Task Force and Police

The police were arresting en masse. Bail, I heard, was up to N6,000 - u know Naija police

The task force was the drama. They served jungle, on-the-spot injustice by cutting off the trousers with scissors, highlighting the girls' bikinis and G-strings - it was not funny!
Of course some of the females are married ladies - they did not care

I heard it ws about the same thing in Port Harcourt. Federal injunction, they say.

My question is, how does this improve the economy or arrest crime?
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by Ralvy(m): 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2007
Those dudes are crazy, I wonder when the Government will look into this problem. . .

The Police, Task force and all those ruling clowns are giving the country a bad name . . cry
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by toyin1709: 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2007
Ralvy:

Those dudes are crazy, I wonder when the Government will look into this problem. . .

The Police, Task force and all those ruling clowns are giving the country a bad name . . cry

GBAM!!!!!!!!!yu said it!!!!
THEY ARE NOT ONLY CRAZY BUT DUMB!!!!!!!!!
wat country develops by arresting ladies dressed in trousers??
are dese guys educated at all!!!i wonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
see the F******S we voted in power ooooh!its now trouser wearing girls dt dey are wasting our tax money on(cos obviously dey are gonna mobilise dese task force guys)
dey strted dis s***t in lagos but the govt now denied it wen civil groups and media condemned dem,
they now strted offering free legal services to the girls arrested!!!!!!!!!!!!
i dnt understand dis country!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE DEVELPOING SHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by pilas: 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2007
Aba -Abia state. grin
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by ritchboi: 10:53pm On Sep 18, 2007
this kind of tin can only happen in nigeria,d people who shud b protectin human rights r d ones violatin it.i'm ashamed 2 b nigerian

shakes head and leaves
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by Seun(m): 10:59pm On Sep 18, 2007
Since when did trousers become indecent? Trousers are more decent than skirts, because when you're wearing a trouser no can see what it's hiding whereas skirts are flimsy. I think these police officers need to be arrested. But who will bell the cat? Who will protect us from the protectors?
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by denex: 11:11pm On Sep 18, 2007
shariah
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 19, 2007
@ denex you right

they're about to dip the Holy Quoran into the Atlantic at Sangana, Eket, Escravos etc. They already did that in Lagos. sad
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by Jakumo(m): 4:21am On Sep 19, 2007
Sex offenders are tried and jailed in most countries, but in Nigeria they are given guns, uniforms and the freedom to act out their depraved instincts in broad daylight.
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by RichyBlacK(m): 7:19am On Sep 19, 2007
If person try dat kind nonsense with my wife, I swear to God heads go roll! Which kind idiotic behavior is that? Sexual deviants way wan see woman fine ass wey there hand no reach. God go help dem, one day dem go go strip down top military officer second or third wife. Dem never hala!
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by azorjiu(m): 7:26am On Sep 19, 2007
It is lugubrious that our 'leaders' have got their priorities totally wrong.
Arresting women in trousers is so stupid an act.
Ignoramuses, that's what the lot of them are.
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by desgiezd(m): 10:13am On Sep 19, 2007
This is the begining of madness. Where is the instruction coming from? What do they hope to achieve from this? Those ladies should come together, raise money, get a lawyer and sue both the Police and the Task Force for illegal arrest, assault and breach of their foundamental human rights and make cool millions. Until this is done, the Police and the Task Force would be boldened to do worse things.

abi na this go give us electricity and put food on our tables ! nonsense    ------ hisses ------
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by chidichris(m): 11:34am On Sep 19, 2007
this is another divertion of attention from the ruling class. a total deciet
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by manu4laif: 11:41am On Sep 19, 2007
Our land is going mad again.

Years of military rule has made us mad. 8 years of civil rule(not democracy)is making us crazier.

Few weeks back Lagos State government and its Police Commissioner insisted they gave no order to arrest indecently dressed ladies(What is indecent dressing and who determines that anyway. 70% of the Policemen on our roads in their embarassing  slippers  dirty uniforms and sloppy appearance are the best examples of indecently dressed people in any case). So who gave the order has he/she been brought to book for embarssing the State? Who are they fooling.

If you drive a branded car in the East(or indeed anywhere in Nigeria these days) you will see the extent of lawlessness of Local govt touts on our roads. Govt denies sending them and yet they work hand in glove with the Police. Who are they fooling?

I always have this "wicked" prayer for the wickedness of our leaders and may God forgive me. It is however borne out of frustration of the powerlessness of the masses to be counted/treated as decent citizens of their country.It goes thus:

"May their people be the first and maybe the worst victims of highhandedness of the Police and other goons so that they will feel our pain and put a stop to their excesses.",  . ,  Cross border banditry was tackled firmly when Obasanjo lost those poor kids . Can't remember who they were to him but maybe their lives might have been spared if the problem was handled with the focus ,dispatch,zeal commitment and empathy that the Police and other agencies showed after those kids died.

In our Nigeria that is only when government listens.
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by tonia2000(f): 12:59pm On Sep 19, 2007
What a blow on the face of Nigerian police and the so called task force,sometimes such incidents make one regret ever bn Nigerian.What has ''Trouser wearing'' got to do with the Progress of Nigeria and the world at large.Lunatics cry angry
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by mrpataki(m): 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2007
There are women in high places stealing the peoples money for renovating houses, yet they are not stripped of whatever they hold as illegal possession. It is innocent girls on the streets that are been chased and trousers are been torn from them.

What bunch of warped up thinking idiots do we have in the helms of affairs? In this day and time, we are busy chasing women on the streets because they chose to wear trousers

I cant even say it out here, what a shame. embarassed
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by denex: 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2007
Abeg let's concentrate on achieving better things.
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by Mamajama(m): 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2007
The [police officers are following orders. they are not to be blame, what is the governor of the state doing as the chief executive officer of the state?

All it takes is a phone call to know who authorised this operation
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 02, 2007
Force PRO

everybody knows the NPF is a federal institution, so how does the Governor call the semi-literate CP to order? Your argument is typical of the intentionally twisted reasoning-process of the average Nigerian policeman.
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by iykrion(m): 1:40am On Oct 02, 2007
Put a call across to the Governor, the CP or the IG, and the reply will be: I did not authorise such. There is no section of our constitution which states what somebody must wear.
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by seyibrown(f): 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2007
This kind of thing makes me ashamed of Nigeria! In these modern days? whatever happened to human rights? cry
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by Mamajama(m): 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2007
ziddy you are clueless on the police operations. I know from experience the governor has the number to the IGP and the Governor. if he wants to condemn this act, all he had to do was call and let the issue be known.

What were the journalist doing not jumping all over this issue?
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by oybv101: 3:01pm On Oct 03, 2007
babyosisi where are you ?

please come and tell us that abia's governor has hausa blood(isn't that what u said about fasola?)

we'd better rechristen abia

'the naked state- where the muslim 419ers take your shirt , and the christian touts take your trousers!"
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by osereka(m): 3:08pm On Oct 03, 2007
NNA THIS MUSLIM FOLKS NA WA O
DEM DON TAKE OVER ABA, abi na dem still de do cultism for port?
IJAW MILITANTS SEF, E BE LIKE SAY NA SHARIA DEM DE ADVOCATE.
I-MAN where you de? grin
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by Afam(m): 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2007
If this happened in say Sokoto we will have people screaming muslims are backward and under developed, people will scream sharia and islam.

Behold it is happening in the East. Is this christianity in action or is this an act of development?

We should be objective and try to be devoid of sentiments at all times in all we do because what we say or do today may come back to us tomorrow.

Assuming the police is obeying instruction from Aso Rock what of the Task Force?
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by osereka(m): 3:26pm On Oct 03, 2007
@afam,
what are you saying?
they are pointing accussing fingers to sharia and the muslim folks
for what is happening in aba, rivers and every where.
if fools like I-MAN is here you will know what am talking about
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by Iman3(m): 3:26pm On Oct 03, 2007
If people try to control women's dressings on the grounds of religion,then religion may be blamed.There are instances  this has happened in both North and South.However,this is more prevalent in the North.

Of course there are cultural pressures to dress in a certain way,but there are religious pressures as well.Such religious pressures are more prevalent in Islam

Even here in London,Hizb ut-Tahrir,especially in the 80s tried to intimidate Muslim women into wearing the hijab.In such a situation,it will be natural to point to Islam
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by osereka(m): 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2007
so what you mean now is that
not only islam talk about the way we dress?
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by Iman3(m): 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2007
osereka:

so what you mean now is that
not only islam talk about the way we dress?

In my personal view,Christianity and Islam encourage restrictions on how we dress but Islam is far more stringent.In the US,a woman was thrown off an airplane for "indecent dressing"-http://www.tackynews.com/2007/09/10/kyla-ebbert-got-thrown-off-plane-for-skimpy-outfit-flashed-audience-on-today-show/That is an example of one type of restriction.

Examples of other types abound in innumerable Muslim countries like S,Arabia,Iran,Pakistan.e.t.c
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by osereka(m): 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2007
@I-MAN
I NO DE TRUST ANY LINK OF YOURS AGAIN
SO I WILL NOT DISTURB MYSELF TO CHECK THAT LINK OF YOURS.

ONE THING WE HAVE COME TO AN AGREEMENT IS THAT
ALL RELIGION DOES NOT PERMIT US TO DRESS LIKE ASHAWO

AND I STILL BELIEVE THAT CHRISTIANITY DOES NOT PERMIT US TO BE GAY OR LESBIAN

SHALLOM, SALLAM, PEACE, MY INTERNET FRIEND
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by almondjoy(f): 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2007
oyb v1.01:

babyosisi where are you ?

please come and tell us that abia's governor has hausa blood(isn't that what u said about fasola?)

we'd better rechristen abia

'the naked state- where the muslim 419ers take your shirt , and the christian touts take your trousers!"

Point of correction---You mean "nwando"! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin  How is the marriage proposal going BTW? grin

You crack me up with this your "osisi" sydrome! grin Keep it up! I look forward to your "Babyosisi" encounters. You fit perfectly!!!! grin
Re: Aba Task Force Strips Ladies Wearing Trousers by Iman3(m): 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2007
Na wetin the girl dey wear be this  grin-http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/20638479/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Ibori Looted Delta State: Efcc Releases Deatils In A Sworn Affidavit / Akwa Ibom State Government Names New Head of Service / Do U Want Him Back? Be Sincere. See Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.