Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,732 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Open Letter To Mr President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Mr President (287 Views)

5,000 Unpaid N-Power Beneficiaries From Kano State Write To Mr. President / "Mr President, Either He Goes Or I Go": The Real Story Behind Daura's Sack / Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Mr President by Johnjustice: 10:18am On Feb 14
Mr President it has became clear now, that bearing in mind our imports volume increment day after day, due to population growth and reliance on importation for most of what we consume...It is clear that this naira depreciation won't end until you remove Nigeria from this dollar centred international economic/trade model, propagated by the West and IMF, a neo colonization tactics created to keep the dollar on top, by making it the international trading currency.

It's common sense, anything you demand, the value goes up...why can't Nigeria start selling crude and gas in Naira?

This will create a demand for naira, and this will definitely help in the stabilization of it's value against the dollar.

Note: The dollar is only an issue because as of now, all the nations we buy from, we pay in dollars, if we can have a brave president, that will meet China, do the currency swap agreement, join BRICS or form similar trade organization, pay each other in local currencies.

Nothing is stopping us from achieving this now, South Africa showed us that is can be done, when they joined BRICS.

South Africa president made himself a hero by removing South Africa from this dollar domination structure of international payments, by joining BRICS.

BRICS nations pay each other for goods and services in their local currencies and get most of what they need from each other.

President Tinubu please join BRICS or partner with nations that can receive naira, while we receive their local currencies, on goods we buy from each other, this will solve the dollar problem. We are not a slave of America or IMF, we are free to navigate and get better deal for Nigerians. One of the reasons I supported your government is due to your NADECO history, I always knew we need a president with an activist stint, who knows his job is for the people and is prepared to step on toes, to make sure he deliver to the people, please do not let partisan politicking make you forget the sacred creed of activism, the higher calling...of sacrifice, ensuring justice for the poor and oppressed, equity, progres for nation and it's people, prosperity and justice for all.

Africa can not afford puppets leaders in 2024, when people are talking of creating homes in the moon, we must stand and say enough is enough to the West, IMF and their allies, take charge of our economy and destiny.

The federal government should work on real issues, not normal daily bureaucracy and routine, break the chain of neocolonialism, it is not a must that we must import using dollar, no international law forces us to stick with IMF or US dollar.

Sir Femi Falana said this in a recent interview, am using nairaland to buttress it, save Nigeria from this dollar domination or it will destroy Nigeria.
https://youtube.com/shorts/HoO2f_8GoMY?si=d8uYvxkiIjvrTx4e

We are wasting too much sweat, value, resources, for a few dollars, because we accept dollar as our trading currency, a dollar which we can not determine it's supply.

If you people who are leaders can not see this is the problem, then why are we spending so much keeping you people there?

It's sad, so so sad...Southafricans and the world laughing at us, because we can't provide common electricity, but our political office holders are the most paid, with the highest allowance, perks, our political office holders are the richest in Africa, but what services are the politicians rendering for all these expenditure incurred by the nation?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Mr President by Johnjustice: 10:24am On Feb 14
This is the only way, any other way is beating round the bush. Nigerians will keep speculating in dollars because it's profitable to do so, most are even burying dollars in their houses, hoping it increases in value. Cut us off from dependency on dollars. We can get everything we need as a nation in an economy quartet of 7/8 nations, and agree to pay each other in local currencies.
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by Redoil: 10:27am On Feb 14
"It is necessary to help others, not only in our prayers but in our daily lives. If we find we cannot help others, the least we can do is to desist from harming them."

I request everyone, please show respect and mercy to others. be kind and generous. spread love and care to everyone.
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by Johnjustice: 10:43am On Feb 14
Redoil:
"It is necessary to help others, not only in our prayers but in our daily lives. If we find we cannot help others, the least we can do is to desist from harming them."

I request everyone, please show respect and mercy to others. be kind and generous. spread love and care to everyone.
People can not show mercy when the economy is not moving forward, this is economic discussion here.
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by Johnjustice: 3:10pm On Feb 14
I wonder why Nigerians are not engaging on this thread...seems we don't have patriots anymore... everyone wants to hide dollars, hoard it so it gets scarce, then bring out their dollars to sell for a profit. Saboteurs. It's a weak mind, why are we different from citizens of other nations, why do we hate the place we are from so much?

Something is really wrong in our psyche, this lazy, quick rich syndrome of greed has eaten deep.
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by Godfullsam(m): 3:29pm On Feb 14
This is an open letter to a president who himself is a slave to dollars.

All our leaders (past and present) and the law makers are hoarding dollars in their various banks and their homes.

There is no way this your noble idea will make any sense to them.

We are our own problem in this country. Our leaders only show they love the country when they are seeking for power. Once they get elected, they begin to working on things that will benefit them and their cohorts alone.

Banditary/kidnapping , Oil theft, dollars scarcity etc are caused by this useless people that call themselves leaders.
They know exactly what to do to at least ameliorate the situation but they won't do it because it won't benefit them.
Nigerians have long been talking about constitutional amendment and restructuring, but they turn deft hears to the yearning of the masses because they are benefiting from the current corrupt system.
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by Treadway: 3:46pm On Feb 14
Johnjustice:
I wonder why Nigerians are not engaging on this thread...seems we don't have patriots anymore... everyone wants to hide dollars, hoard it so it gets scarce, then bring out their dollars to sell for a profit. Saboteurs. It's a weak mind, why are we different from citizens of other nations, why do we hate the place we are from so much?

Something is really wrong in our psyche, this lazy, quick rich syndrome of greed has eaten deep.
engage with and enjoy the monsters YOU made.

Patriot ko, Parrot ni.

Clown

Re: Open Letter To Mr President by Johnjustice: 4:10pm On Feb 14
Treadway:
engage with and enjoy the monsters YOU made.

Patriot ko, Parrot ni.

Clown
I don't engage with sworn enemies of the nation. Obi don't have the answer, Nigeria needs a leader that can take drastic measures...even next elections I can't support Obi, I don't support mediocres. So run off with your bigotry you and your sister are one and same... bigots mean nothing to me, am talking of patriots here not traitors. Obi had interviews he didn't mention solutions that could change Nigeria...he is just one of them.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Mr President by Treadway: 9:53pm On Feb 14
Johnjustice:

I don't engage with sworn enemies of the nation. Obi don't have the answer, Nigeria needs a leader that can take drastic measures...even next elections I can't support Obi, I don't support mediocres. So run off with your bigotry you and your sister are one and same... bigots mean nothing to me, am talking of patriots here not traitors. Obi had interviews he didn't mention solutions that could change Nigeria...he is just one of them.
you are an enemy to yourself and Nigeria. You are pathetic and confused, a typical Nigerian who adores and loves directionlessness and hopelessness.

One minute he says we choose the worst of us to lead us, next he defends the criminal and failure he chose.

One minute he says Igbos are not good in any way shape or form and should be thrashed in the bin, and literally the next minute he says we are all one and we should come together. MENT or Drugs or Drug-induced ment? I no even know the diagnosis to give you.

To ba ma je oshakala, je oshakala
To ba ma je oshokolo, je oshokolo
Ewo ni oshakala oshokolo??

You are not really useful, cos you don't even know the first thing about what you want, where you stand, much less where to go to.

This thread belongs in the bin......but hey, freedom of speech.

Carry on

Re: Open Letter To Mr President by FourQu: 9:59pm On Feb 14
op @ Johnjustice PLEASE look at my moniker

angry
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by Johnjustice: 10:01pm On Feb 14
Treadway:
you are an enemy to yourself and Nigeria. You are pathetic and confused, a typical Nigerian who adores and loves directionlessness and hopelessness.

One minute he says we choose the worst of us to lead us, next he defends the criminal and failure he chose.

One minute he says Igbos are not good in any way shape or form and should be thrashed in the bin, and literally the next minute he says we are all one and we should come together. MENT or Drugs or Drug-induced ment? I no even know the diagnosis to give you.

To ba ma je oshakala, je oshakala
To ba ma je oshokolo, je oshokolo
Ewo ni oshakala oshokolo??

You are not really useful, cos you don't even know the first thing about what you want, where you stand, much less where to go to.

This thread belongs in the bin......but hey, freedom of speech.

Carry on
Next election I won't support Obi, he is one of them, in Anambra he made no significant changes, stories upon stories, his election interviews he didn't say anything different or unique.
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by Treadway: 10:12pm On Feb 14
Johnjustice:

Next election I won't support Obi, he is one of them, in Anambra he made no significant changes, stories upon stories, his election interviews he didn't say anything different or unique.

I'm sure you haven't noticed that elections are over.

I ain't Obi and don't give 7 flying fcks who you vote for. I myself will leave this country soon enough and will happily come back to reinforce failure by voting for APC come 2027 as a typical Nigerian this time, not as a progressive. Hopefully no bastard will question my decision then. Choose a side and take a stand with your full chest. Don't be all over the place you hear.
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by Johnjustice: 10:14pm On Feb 14
[quote author=FourQu post=128460336]op @ Johnjustice PLEASE look at my moniker

/quote]
By your behavior and remarks it shows you are an obidient.

(1) (Reply)

This Government Inherited A Near Dead Economy / Motorists Groan As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos Hard / All South West States Will Be Develop, Except Ekiti And Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.