Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice (31925 Views)

Tomato Scarcity Looms As FG Approves Importation For Nine Companies / Strange Insects Attack Crops In Kano - Farmers Cry Out, As Food Shortage Looms / Nigeria Heading For Famine Due To Boko Haram Killings — Kaduna Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by WantsandMore: 12:30pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:
Lol... As usual, complain and keep buying. Even if the rice na 50% stone 50% grains... Nigerians will buy it, while the leaders import theirs.
... This suffering has NO SOLUTION until we do the bloody neccesities.
The country should be SHUTDOWN and a REBOOTH demanded!

I was chilling at my tenants cement shop yesterday for some hours while he went to supply.
A customer came and said he wanted cement, ( in my heart I wanted to confirm truly how stupid Nigerians are), I boldly bluntly told him 12k per bag (against the current 10k it's currently sold at).
Lo and behold after murmuring some stupid word like ya'all do online. He requested for 10bags.

I went into my componud to drive out my car and supplied him myself. He was like "ah this fine car for cement, I replied my boys carry cememt motor go supply... You nor fit wait!

My tenant returned, I transfer him 100k and chuckin 20k.

.... It's at this point I concluded of the stupidity of many Nigerians.
you boldly cheated a customer of 2k above fair value price. Nah you're wrong Bro
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by WayoProphet: 12:31pm On Feb 14
lol, una get unity before? Fake unity. Only united by crude oil from the South, remove the crude oil and you will see auto separation😂😂😂

Editorialtimes:
shocked Maybe there's a conspiracy going on somewhere about something. I don't know. But this is bad sign that all is not well with our unity.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 12:31pm On Feb 14
Jlow2:
when your currency has been devalued by tinubu it bcome valueless , so they sell to neighboring country which is close to them wer Dey can make money in hard currency which cfa is to naira recently. The where re the foreign investors he as attracted as that is his reason for devaluation of naira, instead local and foreign companies re folding up in doves, it will be an irreparable loss to your Uba nation that buhari is better than tinubu
Lazy man wetin you done export or which service you done render to make foreign exchange to defend your Naira?

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by tollyboy5(m): 12:31pm On Feb 14
CodeTemplar:
The fallout of bitter politics by Tinubu.

Why not buy the rice into national strategic grain reserve since anchow borrow scheme funds was crucial in growing those rice?

He wants to rubbish anything Emefiele at all cost. Vengeful creature.
Yes anything emefiele has to be rubbished.

Nonsense!
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by ceejayluv(m): 12:32pm On Feb 14
Dobodobo04:
Weak Naira is making our goods easier to export.

Soon, US, UK and EU will start coming to buy our agricultural produce, which will organically restrengthen the Naira in the long run.

The indigenes should be able to afford it as well.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 12:34pm On Feb 14
CodeTemplar:
The fallout of bitter politics by Tinubu.

Why not buy the rice into national strategic grain reserve since anchow borrow scheme funds was crucial in growing those rice?

He wants to rubbish anything Emefiele at all cost. Vengeful creature.
Ok na Tinubu tell the Sokoto Farmers to go & sell their produce across the borders for a higher price Abi?

Una too damn lazy, laziness ignorance in motion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Samade7: 12:34pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

Unku talk to me direct, nor dey go through corner

... Go round cement shops today, they will tell you they have no products and their shops will be locked but tell them you'll buy one bag at 15k....you will get a thousand bags ASAP.
Cement shop is not a thiefs first choice... "Only one bag of cement, body go tell you".... So a cement shop can be opened unprotected during faylight and nothing go happen!

Heya, cement wey we dey sell for N9,500 n have more than 15,000 bags dat people are not buying dats what u are talking about or something else?
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 12:35pm On Feb 14
ceejayluv:

The indigenes should be able to afford it as well.
As usual, they are waiting for government to come & subsidize it for them.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Samade7: 12:35pm On Feb 14
blacknp:
Gerrout with your hypocrisy.

Pain am cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 12:36pm On Feb 14
cucumbar:
what was your basis for saying this person was stupid?

Cement isn't a neccesity.
These sellers are preying on your inability to ignore a purchase hence they keep topping the prices as they desire.

.... It was this same cement BUA came out to crash price to 3500...cement sellers like my tenant still sold at 5500
A reasonable customer that loves his country will ask WHY and decline to buy.
But no they didn't... In fact Nigerians increased their demand... From 5500 to 10k they are still buying.

...i don't have energy to make my actions positive but AT LEAST NOW YOU'VE A GLIMPSE OF AN IDEA WHERE THE PROBLEM LIES
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 12:37pm On Feb 14
Samade7:

Heya, cement wey we dey sell for N9,500 n have more than 15,000 bags dat people are not buying dats what u are talking about or something else?
Maybe you dey sell cement, instead of fertilizer for farmland area?

Location location location is very fundamental in business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Whalis: 12:38pm On Feb 14
Dobodobo04:
Weak Naira is making our goods easier to export.

Soon, US, UK and EU will start coming to buy our agricultural produce, which will organically restrengthen the Naira in the long run.

Any person who did this to you goodness and mercy will be far from him.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by koxyz: 12:40pm On Feb 14
seunpas:
Elo fokan balé grin
Lori iro
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 12:40pm On Feb 14
Samade7:

Pain am cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
E dey pain me say you dey complain say Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice?
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 12:40pm On Feb 14
Samade7:

Oh people are not buying.
That's a positive feedback..... Maybe some Nigerians are waking up on the right thing to do.
Now tell me.... What will you do with those 15k unsold bags?
Crash the price or keep waiting for a stupid Nigerian to come buy at 9500?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Samade7: 12:42pm On Feb 14
blacknp:
Maybe you dey sell cement, instead of fertilizer for farmland area?

Location location location is very fundamental in business.

It's cos we just started selling cement nah.....what do you know about cement business?
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Anunakeeh: 12:43pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

Very stupid bunch

I had payed for some bags before this madness started, I requested my money back when they increased it.
Project stopped!

... If many people pause their projects, cement manufacturers, in fact building materials in general will be forced to drop prices because demand will sink immediately but NO.... some idiots want to prove na them get the money pass.

Good to see we still have SANE Human Beings in shiithole.

Unfortunately your kind aren't more than 10% of the useless population.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 12:43pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:
Lol... As usual, complain and keep buying. Even if the rice na 50% stone 50% grains... Nigerians will buy it, while the leaders import theirs.
... This suffering has NO SOLUTION until we do the bloody neccesities.
The country should be SHUTDOWN and a REBOOTH demanded!

I was chilling at my tenants cement shop yesterday for some hours while he went to supply.
A customer came and said he wanted cement, ( in my heart I wanted to confirm truly how stupid Nigerians are), I boldly bluntly told him 12k per bag (against the current 10k it's currently sold at).
Lo and behold after murmuring some stupid word like ya'all do online. He requested for 10bags.

I went into my componud to drive out my car and supplied him myself. He was like "ah this fine car for cement, I replied my boys carry cememt motor go supply... You nor fit wait!

My tenant returned, I transfer him 100k and chuckin 20k.

.... It's at this point I concluded of the stupidity of many Nigerians.
Tell us another lie Sir
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 12:43pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

That's a positive feedback..... Maybe some Nigerians are waking up on the right thing to do.
You dey mind those hypocrites, they want to crucify you for speaking the truth.

Nairaland is a reflection of broader Nigeria society, evil & wickedness reign supreme.

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 12:45pm On Feb 14
blacknp:
You dey mind those hypocrites, they want to crucify you for speaking the truth.

Nairaland is a reflection of broader Nigeria society, evil & wickedness reign supreme.
Gbam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 12:47pm On Feb 14
Samade7:

It's cos we just started selling cement nah.....what do you know about cement business?
You just start to sell cement, na em you dey open your mouth dey comment?
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 12:47pm On Feb 14
Anunakeeh:

Good to see we still have SANE Human Beings in shiithole.

Unfortunately your kind aren't more than 10% of the useless population.

The country should be shut down and rebooted.
It's a simple solution.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 12:48pm On Feb 14
blacknp:
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Luu40: 12:48pm On Feb 14
Even in Kebbi State, border towns with Niger Republic are constantly moving rice and other items into the country, causing scarcity and inflation here, and at the same time making lots of money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by abiolamitodun(m): 12:48pm On Feb 14
I was telling some of my colleagues that even b4 buhari left power food was in Nigeria...but no...they didn't believe....very soon u'll hear Nigerian rice has flooded other neighboring countries too...

What people don't know is that marketer are selling food at the same price they are selling it outside for us...that's the reason for inflation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 12:49pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

The country should be shut down and rebooted.
It's a simple solution
Seconded like Secondus
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Jlow2: 12:56pm On Feb 14
blacknp:
Lazy man wetin you done export or which service you done render to make foreign exchange to defend your Naira?
you cant defend tinubu or apc without loosing you common sense or looking stupid, where is safe for business in Nigeria?people cannot even farm anymore, you can’t travel anywhere by road, what has your federal government exported apart from oil, no enabling environment for business to trive, in a country wer politicians are successful and richer than businessmen is just an u fortunate country heading for doom, Nigeria is not designed for the upright and truthful people to prosper, it is designed for the corrupt , terrrorists , looters , etc to prosper, common sense is not common
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by zoedew: 12:56pm On Feb 14
Figolouis:
[b][i][/i]EVEN THE EWA and Agbado they promised us is not available
Very delicious and much to be desired meal.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Samade7: 1:01pm On Feb 14
blacknp:

I dey ask u of course, cement business has bn our family business for more 40 years.....and we have 11 big shops across the state. So I know what am talking about.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by waveman2: 1:03pm On Feb 14
This is the main problem we have on local goods You make more money selling your goods outside than selling it here in Nigeria because naira is weaker compared to CFA.This is the height.

Klington:
cool

Cfa is stronger than our weak naira and as a business person you know what that means.

Tinubulation and his empty head goons have succeeded in destroying the country.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Samade7: 1:05pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

You dat believe dat someone sold 10 bags at the rate of 12k/bag why are u calling the potential buyer of 9500/bag stupid people? cheesy
I just realised u are just typing whatever comes to ur head without even think about it first. grin
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Streetdoctor: 1:09pm On Feb 14
Winning123:

Mumu! Rather than think on how to leverage the above information, you are insulting Tinubu. The problem with many of you is that you are MENTALLY LAZY. Challenges presents opportunities. But no for people like you. All you do all day is to abuse Tinubu who don't even know you exist.
As ur mothers are planning on how to beat up Tinubu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money / Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) / Ogun State Begins Dry Season Harvest In Youth Rice Production Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.