Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice (31927 Views)

Tomato Scarcity Looms As FG Approves Importation For Nine Companies / Strange Insects Attack Crops In Kano - Farmers Cry Out, As Food Shortage Looms / Nigeria Heading For Famine Due To Boko Haram Killings — Kaduna Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Inspirer1: 1:11pm On Feb 14
For the Northern farmers: After FG supported you with Agricultural interventions, some of you are either hoarding, or now selling to foreigners (unless you didn't receive any support from FG or your Governors).

For FG: you see now, see what the economic policies is causing.
Then you seem not to give as much support to farmers in the South as you do to the North. Gove suppprt to farmers in the South as much as you give to the North if you've not been doing so.

For those stating all sort of theories in support of FG policies: you too can see for yourself, such theories can't work in Nigeria, it will only favour outsiders. Then where are your foreign investors, when even the local investors don't don't see hope in the local market and prefer selling abroad.

For all Governors in the South: how long more will you watch? Is it until everyone in your states dies of hunger and famine?
Why are you not investing massively in Agriculture? Why are you so dependent on what comes from the North? What are your commissioner for Agriculture doing? What are your other commissioners doing?

For all the Commissioner for Agriculture in any of the Southern states: what have you been doing to make sure there's enough food for your people? What for God's sake?
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 1:12pm On Feb 14
Samade7:

I dey ask u of course, cement business has bn our family business for more 40 years.....and we have 11 big shops across the state. So I know what am talking about.
Make Dangote enemies on Nairaland no read this your comment, you go explain tire as an accomplice.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 1:12pm On Feb 14
Samade7:

You dat believe dat someone sold 10 bags at the rate of 12k/bag why are u calling the potential buyer of 9500/bag stupid people? cheesy
I just realised u are just typing whatever comes to ur head without even think about it first. grin

I didn't even wait for cement to be 9500 per bag before I requested my deposit money back.
I built my latest house at 2200/2500/2700 per bag in 2018/19

Highest I bought a bag lastly was at 5500.
I'd rather used that 9500 per bag money to install solar for my tenants and increase my rent!

I'm not stupid.... Do I think Nigerians still buying large quantities of cement bags at 9500 or 10k per bag are stupid.... ABSOLUTELY YES!...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by tollyboy5(m): 1:19pm On Feb 14
nairalanda1:
Meanwhile, we are not producing enough rice at home to the point where we can export AND Have enough at home

All this is due to years of not having a good domestic production of rice. That's why our agro sector was not prepared for the devaluation of the naira, because we are not producing enough rice to satisfy everyone.

Time for mechanized, largescale farming. And time to become an exporter of manufactured goods and services, instead of relying on the price of oil to buffer our naira.
The reason why we do not have enough agricultural produce is because of insecurity.
Buhari pampared bandit.
Now that they're being dealt with farmers will go back to their businesses.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 1:19pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

I didn't even wait for cement to be 9500 per bag before I requested my deposit money back.

I'd rather used that 9500 per bag money to install solar for my tenants and increase my rent!

I'm not stupid.... Do I think Nigerians still buying large quantities of cement bags at 9500 or 10k per bag are stupid.... ABSOLUTELY YES!...
Guy leave these Nairaland Haters alone, you go explain tire.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by jasent(m): 1:21pm On Feb 14
Dobodobo04:
Weak Naira is making our goods easier to export.

Soon, US, UK and EU will start coming to buy our agricultural produce, which will organically restrengthen the Naira in the long run.

How many products do you have? This government should have embark on massive production before floating the naira. Personally I'm benefiting a lot from the naira situation
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Samade7: 1:21pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

Since the price of cement started going up, there have serious drop in its demand. Even before then, most of the contractors will only buy from you if you can slightly alter the uniform price for dem cos there's a lot of people dat will do that if u can't.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 1:22pm On Feb 14
blacknp:
Guy leave these Nairaland Haters alone, you go explain tire.

They won't understand because they want to apply economics to everything.
Nov/Dec last year cement was 5500

FF to 2 months later it's 10k.... This is beyond asking " Wetin dey happen".
As a smart person you should know its time to stop and think!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by EnglishUsa: 1:23pm On Feb 14
Dobodobo04:

Soon, US, UK and EU will start coming to buy our agricultural produce, which will organically restrengthen the Naira in the long run.

grin grin
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by 43Ronin: 1:23pm On Feb 14
I was chilling at my tenants cement shop yesterday for some hours while he went to supply.
A customer came and said he wanted cement, ( in my heart I wanted to confirm truly how stupid Nigerians are), I boldly bluntly told him 12k per bag (against the current 10k it's currently sold at).
Lo and behold after murmuring some stupid word like ya'all do online. He requested for 10bags.

I went into my componud to drive out my car and supplied him myself. He was like "ah this fine car for cement, I replied my boys carry cememt motor go supply... You nor fit wait!

My tenant returned, I transfer him 100k and chuckin 20k.

.... It's at this point I concluded of the stupidity of many Nigerians.

modified : I don't have energy to reply the mentions coming at my post. I cannot justify my action, positively,
I just want people to have an idea where the problem of the country lies.

Prices will keep rising cause all we do is complain, no actions... Even the meekest of actions like a simple boycott
You see that 12k per bag.... It will happen and people will still buy! [/quote]
You are evil! So if the guy didn't buy you would have cost someone sales for that day because of greed? Mind you people cannot boycot essential items, like food, clothing and shelter- which cement falls under. Nigerians are not stupid many of you are wicked

2 Likes

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by providencia(m): 1:33pm On Feb 14
Dobodobo04:

Since Weak naira is so beneficial according to you why then do you want it to be restrengthened?

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by BrodaBenad: 1:41pm On Feb 14
43Ronin:

I was chilling at my tenants cement shop yesterday for some hours while he went to supply.
A customer came and said he wanted cement, ( in my heart I wanted to confirm truly how stupid Nigerians are), I boldly bluntly told him 12k per bag (against the current 10k it's currently sold at).
Lo and behold after murmuring some stupid word like ya'all do online. He requested for 10bags.

I went into my componud to drive out my car and supplied him myself. He was like "ah this fine car for cement, I replied my boys carry cememt motor go supply... You nor fit wait!

modified : I don't have energy to reply the mentions coming at my post. I cannot justify my action, positively,

Prices will keep rising cause all we do is complain, no actions... Even the meekest of actions like a simple boycott
You see that 12k per bag.... It will happen and people will still buy!
You are evil! So if the guy didn't buy you would have cost someone sales for that day because of greed? Mind you people cannot boycot essential items, like food, clothing and shelter- which cement falls under. Nigerians are not stupid many of you are wicked

Bahd guy grin
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by HNICEARTH: 1:43pm On Feb 14
Dobodobo04:

We all certain this will not age well. Innit it grin

2 Likes

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by itsene: 1:50pm On Feb 14
Propaganda.
Be vigilant
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Livingstone124: 1:52pm On Feb 14
Kaycee9242:
Tinubu will handle economy my foot
Yes Tinubu the economic handler is handling our stomach with hunger.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by GODISGREAT123: 1:56pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:
Lol... As usual, complain and keep buying. Even if the rice na 50% stone 50% grains... Nigerians will buy it, while the leaders import theirs.
... This suffering has NO SOLUTION until we do the bloody neccesities.
The country should be SHUTDOWN and a REBOOTH demanded!

You see that 12k per bag.... It will happen and people will still buy!

I don't understand what you are talking this man

Your refusal to buy will not make any businessman sell at a loss or below the cost of production. As far as Dollars keep rising, cost of production increases, wholesale and retail prices also increase.

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by nairalanda1(m): 1:56pm On Feb 14
tollyboy5:

The reason why we do not have enough agricultural produce is because of insecurity.
Buhari pampared bandit.
Now that they're being dealt with farmers will go back to their businesses.

It is not just insecurity. Even before the whole boko and bandit show, Nigeria has had issues with agric

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tektronics12: 1:59pm On Feb 14
This shows we dont love each other as a country. Country first before profit!!.
Paraman:

https://punchng.com/famine-looms-as-sokoto-traders-flood-niger-republics-markets-with-local-rice/?amp
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Faceonme1443: 2:01pm On Feb 14
It means their farmers will soon be out of jobs, they are making our farmers more productive. I see this as advantages if we can make use of it. Is like Tinubu is forcing everyone to farm at least peasant farming

2 Likes

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Kukutente23: 2:10pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

Very stupid bunch

I had payed for some bags before this madness started, I requested my money back when they increased it.
Project stopped!

... If many people pause their projects, cement manufacturers, in fact building materials in general will be forced to drop prices because demand will sink immediately but NO.... some idiots want to prove na them get the money pass.
What do you think?
Should Nigerians buy fuel at 660 or boycott fuel
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Kukutente23: 2:11pm On Feb 14
nairalanda1:

It is not just insecurity. Even before the whole boko and bandit show, Nigeria has had issues with agric
Always there to defend a meal o' corn 🌽
Wehdon sir🙌
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Sleekfingers: 2:12pm On Feb 14
All these useless governors need to sit up. And invest in agriculture.

Lagos needs to partner with Ogun State and other southwestern states. Oyo state alone can feed the entire southwest without any hiccups.
All these useless governors need to stop expecting manna from Abuja.

Bunch of useless governors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by nairalanda1(m): 2:12pm On Feb 14
Kukutente23:

Back off, bully.

Back off

Better back off.

Seriously, back off my mentions.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Kukutente23: 2:15pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

Why should your tenants pay your increased rent? They just stupid!!
They should pack out of your house innit?
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by fxexperts: 2:17pm On Feb 14
Dobodobo04:

You guys actually joke too much in this country. you all do not know the main reason why the naira keep losing value. tell your incompetent CBN governor and president to account for the number of Naira they have printed illegally in the past few years.

2 Likes

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Erastuslove: 2:17pm On Feb 14
WE ALL NEED TO GO BACK AND GROW OUR OWN FOOD IN OUR BACKYARD, BUT MOST OF THE LANDS HAVE BEEN SOLD AND CONVERTED INTO RESIDENTIAL AREA....ONLY VILLAGES ARE FREE WITH SPACE..
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by abibun: 2:19pm On Feb 14
Irony of life
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by mukthar2000(m): 2:20pm On Feb 14
“I am sure you know that our currency in this country has spoiled beyond reasonable doubt.

Group of hypocrite Northerners, pretending as if they don't know that the present problems of this country was generated from their northern presidens and northern leaders. But quickly pretend as if all the fault was cause by Jagaban.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by IamAtikulate: 2:25pm On Feb 14
Mindlog:
I thought the border was "closed".
In our Yoruba brothers mind

😂😂😂
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by IamAtikulate: 2:26pm On Feb 14
mukthar2000:
“I am sure you know that our currency in this country has spoiled beyond reasonable doubt.

Group of hypocrite Northerners, pretending as if they don't know that the present problems of this country was generated from their northern presidens and northern leaders. But quickly pretend as if all the fault was cause by Jagaban.
Tinubu and his Yoruba brothers caused this. Don't try to shift the blame
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Kukutente23: 2:31pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

... Hence we should always decline to patronise the wickedness ravaging the country.
Should cement even sell at 10k in the first place?
Obvious truth is it will get to that 12k mark and lots like you will still order for 100bags

Ps: I'm not wicked. It was only an experiment to prove how gullible Nigerians are
So you're experience with a single person made you realise how much Nigerians are gullible
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Moniya4Real(m): 2:31pm On Feb 14
Is it tjeir fault? When we Nigerians prefer foreign rice to our own indigenous ones. After all, they must sell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money / Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) / Ogun State Begins Dry Season Harvest In Youth Rice Production Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.