Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? (14727 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Iamzik: 11:33am On Feb 25
Ekugbeh:
Your tithe is not for charity. Stop being religious with everything.
Your tithes is of the Lord

The irony if this take

Will the Lord come down and collect the money? Is the tithe not meant to provide food for the people of God and to meet their needs?🤣🤣
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by GenFunction: 11:33am On Feb 25
Orathird:

I have seen so many fake needy. When I was in Lagos, I goto these beggars to help me change money. They will take 10% of any amount I give them.

These are people you dash money. I goto them to help me change money and they will take 10% from the money.

LOL,no be joke o
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Druss(m): 11:34am On Feb 25
Are you ignoring Deuteronomy?
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Iamzik: 11:38am On Feb 25
Ekugbeh:
Your tithe is not for charity. Stop being religious with everything.
Your tithes is of the Lord

The very essence of tithe is charity and meeting the need of the poor. Go and study your Bible and wean yourself from what pastors have hammered into your brain
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Aguiyimba(m): 11:38am On Feb 25
Corrections:

Tell me the things that belong to ceaser.

Tell me the things that belong to God.

Tell me the things that belong to your parents.

Stop confusing yourself brother
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Iamzik: 11:44am On Feb 25
Orathird:

Thank you for asking about my pastor.

He is very rich. My church is a small one. I am very close to the church and I have seen my pastor share his personal resources to church members.

I have seen him credit many members account with his personal money. I have seen him distribute food items from his personal account.

I have a travel agency business and my pastor is my major customer. He buys flight tickets from me and refer people to me too. If I book for him, he does not say God bless you, He pays.

He is making Enquiry about one member school fee.

I can go on and on to tell you all he is doing for the church from his personal money.

I have seen him spend his own money. He has his own personal business and he is doing marvelously well.

Thank you for confirming my position.

Your pastor is rich because he has other sources of income apart from the church.

That disqualifies him from collecting any tithes. Tithes were to be given to Levites who are solely dedicated to God's work and have not inheritance, houses, businesses and no other source of income.

There are no Levites today. Tithe was never money but food. Jesus never paid tithes or collected it. The apostles did not pay tithe or collect from the early church.

So I wonder why you people have become so dogmatic about this your tithe gospel.

God have mercy on the church!

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:45am On Feb 25
alobright17:
you're trying to argue with your Jesus that said shame on to you for paying tithe without giving .

His statement simply means there's only for example 500 naira you then go and pay tithe with it whereas there's someone in need of the money but you rather shamelessly went and pay tithe with it .

That's the op question if one can gift tithe money to someone else in need .Jesus don already answered op question. And the answer is shame on to you that is responding to me for paying tithe without giving.

See how you are twisting like a sserpent. First you said "greater than tithe" i corrected you.

Then in great desperation you again tried adding to the argument "which did Christ called the most important?", i corrected you yet again.

Nna, i dont have time for off topic arguments, foolish arguments. argue with yourself.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Abee79(m): 11:48am On Feb 25
All these long English!
Do whatever your mind tells you to do 😁
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Urgent1Million: 11:52am On Feb 25
GenFunction:
No its not.Govt own schls nd hospitals pple cnt afford...Nw the pastor must be succesful first,jus too many conditions.Like i said am nt here to advertise any pastor.
Government schools and hospitals are the most affordable.
Government collect taxes from the rich and build infrastructure for everyone, especially the poor.
Churches collect tithes from the poor and build businesses that only the rich can afford.
There's a pastor who owns a school and a hospital in Lagos.
One day, a staff of the school collapsed and was rushed to that hospital with the school bus. He spent the night there with basic medicines and they were to book him for an operation.
In the morning, they gave him a bill of #130,000 and asked him to pay that one first before they could book him for the surgery.
The guy asked his family to take him to another hospital. His colleagues had to contribute money to offset that bill.
This happened back in 2022 when things were still not too expensive.
This is first hand info because my younger brother works in that school.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by farem: 11:55am On Feb 25
Corrections:
In Christianity, the importance of tithing can not be ignored. God instructed Christians to bring 10th of their total income to his storehouse or temple.

However, in today's modern world, people no longer give animals or material things as Tithe (not that it is forbidden) but instead all have been monetized.

One may wonder and ask the following questions:

* Why do Christians have to bring their TITHES to God's storehouse or temple?

* What is God's understanding of a store house or temple?

* Can one give his/her TITHE to parents or people if they are in need?

WHY DO CHRISTIANS HAVE to bring their TITHE to God's storehouse/ temple?

Malachi 3:10

New Living Translation
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test.

Just as it is written in the scripture, we give TITHE so that there will be enough in the temple or store house of God.

WHAT IS GOD'S UNDERSTANDING OF STOREHOUSE/ TEMPLE?

The scripture gives us a clear idea of God's understanding on what a storehouse/ temple is. In the scripture we can classify God's understanding of a storehouse/ temple as the following:

* Store house/ temple view by God as a Physical man made structures.

* Store house/ temple view by God as a human body (that is spirit with a soul)

STOREHOUSE/TEMPLE VIEW BY GOD AS A "PHYSICAL MAN MADE STRUCTURE"

Here God views a temple or storehouse as a structure built by man. It is always physical in nature.

Ezra 1: 3

New International Version
Any of his people among you may go up to Jerusalem in Judah and build the temple of the LORD, the God of Israel, the God who is in Jerusalem, and may their God be with them.

1Chronicles 28:3
But God said to me, ‘You are not to build a house for my Name, because you are a warrior and have shed blood.’

Here we can clearly see that God is referring a house/temple as a man made structure.

STOREHOUSE/TEMPLE VIEW BY GOD AS A HUMAN BODY (THAT IS SPIRIT WITH A SOUL)

Here, God does not view a storehouse or temple as a physical man made structure but rather he views it as a human body that has a soul and a spirit.

1Corinthians 6:19-20 (ESV),

He asks, “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”

John 4: 21-23

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit (the spirit is inside the body) and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Here Jesus was trying to tell us that our body will be the temple where God will be worshipped which confirms that God also sees our body as a storehouse/ temple.

Matthew 12:43-45

43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says[b], ‘I will return to the house I left[/b].’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there (because they see it just as God sees it as a house too) And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”

Here, Jesus is referring to human's body (that has a spirit and a soul) to be a house where demons could dwell or live. It opens our eye to the fact that God who is a spirit also sees our human physical body as a temple/house.

CAN ONE GIVE HIS/ HER TITHE TO PARENTS OR PEOPLE IF THEY ARE IN NEED?

Now, that we understand how God sees or defines a " storehouse or temple", we can now proceed to answering the question. The following are the 3 reasons why you can give your TITHE to your parents or people if they are in need.

* Jesus says in mark7:11-12

Mark7:11-12
New international Version
11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

Here, Jesus was telling the people how wrong they were when they refused to help their parents with things (including tithe) they had dedicated to give God when they were seriously in need. If your parents are in serious need of money and you could help them with your tithe (because that is what is left to help) but told them "you rather give the money to God as tithe than them", Jesus says you are wrong.

* Your parents/ people are temple or storehouse (spirits that live in body with soul) of God by scriptures.

Corinthians 6:19-20 (ESV),

He asks, “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”

IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!!

This article is written to let us see from scriptures (bible) view that while it good to take our tithe to physical house of God we should not also condem the fact that humans body is also seen by God as a temple or storehouse in which we can invest our tithe in if they are in need of it after we have given every other things.

Meanwhile,, Jesus is waiting for you because jesus is the messiah the world is waiting so connect with him today! !!!

HOW TO CONNECT WITH JESUS

Your body is the house of God is it clean or dirty? You can make it clean by connecting to Jesus today.

John14:6
Jesus told him ' I am the way-
Yes, and the truth and the life. No one can GET to the father (GOD) except by means of me (JESUS ).

Say lord Jesus am sorry for the sins have committed and today I accept you as the son of God and as my lord and personal savior. Help me to follow you now and for ever more. Amen!!!

Trash!
Twist anyway you want nothing like comparing the HOUSE being mentioned to the other allegories you are trying to force into our throats.
Well, those who don't even remember their parents or close relatives not to mention God they don't know or have, will jump at your position.
If not because you want to twist the word of God, can you honestly tell us that the Bible didn't/doesn't command, exhort, and encourage us to give to the needy and all it's pages?
So, what you wrote above is for your mind and not in any way biblical.
Why didn't you ask us to to take our school fees, medical emergency fee, statutory tax to feed and help the poor, if truly you are not of belial?
For your information, tithing remains the least of what a child of God should bring. You are blind to the fact that disciples brought ALL to the feet of apostles, aren't you?
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by piriton: 11:55am On Feb 25
Where two or three are gathered I am in their midst. The family is already a church
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by piriton: 11:56am On Feb 25
Husband and wife is a church already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by noobody(m): 11:56am On Feb 25
Righthussle:
No, you must give it to your pastor.

Wrong!!

You give it to God via the church.

Not your pastor,

But your Pastor is deem to do with it as they deem fit.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Lomprico2: 11:58am On Feb 25
Dtruthspeaker:

True, but i want and need to obey Him, so not your problem.

You are only obeying your rogue pastors not God.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by GlobeTrotter2: 12:02pm On Feb 25
Dtruthspeaker:

You are the one who is wrong.

Christ Said "give to ceaser what belomgs to ceaset;to God, what belongs to God; to your parents what belongs to your parents."
I wonder why people will quote their mind into the bible. GOD SAID BRING THE TITHE. If you call it tithe, It is obviously wrong to give it to your parents. And why can't you give your tithe and also help your parents. They are mutually exclusively.

Why do we always see these types of treads on Sundays SEUN what is your ajender
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by IDERAWOLE(m): 12:07pm On Feb 25
Corrections:
In Christianity, the importance of tithing can not be ignored. God instructed Christians to bring 10th of their total income to his storehouse or temple.

However, in today's modern world, people no longer give animals or material things as Tithe (not that it is forbidden) but instead all have been monetized.

New Living Translation
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test.

Just as it is written in the scripture, we give TITHE so that there will be enough in the temple or store house of God.

The scripture gives us a clear idea of God's understanding on what a storehouse/ temple is. In the scripture we can classify God's understanding of a storehouse/ temple as the following:

Here God views a temple or storehouse as a structure built by man. It is always physical in nature.

Any of his people among you may go up to Jerusalem in Judah and build the temple of the LORD, the God of Israel, the God who is in Jerusalem, and may their God be with them.

But God said to me, ‘You are not to build a house for my Name, because you are a warrior and have shed blood.’

Here we can clearly see that God is referring a house/temple as a man made structure.

Here, God does not view a storehouse or temple as a physical man made structure but rather he views it as a human body that has a soul and a spirit.

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit (the spirit is inside the body) and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Here Jesus was trying to tell us that our body will be the temple where God will be worshipped which confirms that God also sees our body as a storehouse/ temple.

43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says[b], ‘I will return to the house I left[/b].’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there (because they see it just as God sees it as a house too) And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”

Here, Jesus is referring to human's body (that has a spirit and a soul) to be a house where demons could dwell or live. It opens our eye to the fact that God who is a spirit also sees our human physical body as a temple/house.

Now, that we understand how God sees or defines a " storehouse or temple", we can now proceed to answering the question. The following are the 3 reasons why you can give your TITHE to your parents or people if they are in need.

11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

Here, Jesus was telling the people how wrong they were when they refused to help their parents with things (including tithe) they had dedicated to give God when they were seriously in need. If your parents are in serious need of money and you could help them with your tithe (because that is what is left to help) but told them "you rather give the money to God as tithe than them", Jesus says you are wrong.

* Your parents/ people are temple or storehouse (spirits that live in body with soul) of God by scriptures.

IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!!

This article is written to let us see from scriptures (bible) view that while it good to take our tithe to physical house of God we should not also condem the fact that humans body is also seen by God as a temple or storehouse in which we can invest our tithe in if they are in need of it after we have given every other things.

Meanwhile,, Jesus is waiting for you because jesus is the messiah the world is waiting so connect with him today! !!!

Your body is the house of God is it clean or dirty? You can make it clean by connecting to Jesus today.

Yes, and the truth and the life. No one can GET to the father (GOD) except by means of me (JESUS ).

Say lord Jesus am sorry for the sins have committed and today I accept you as the son of God and as my lord and personal savior. Help me to follow you now and for ever more. Amen!!!

The greatest injustice anyone can do to him/herself as believer in Christ Jesus not just as an attendee in church services is not to understand that the book of Hebrews said if there's no fault with the old testament there would've been no need for the new.

So, what's the new testament saying about the tithes? Find out.

What are the places in the new testament where tithes are mentioned? Pls bring them out so that can look at them. Until then, saying anything about your questions will only be academic exercise.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by GlobeTrotter2: 12:08pm On Feb 25
Corrections:

Is human body (that consists of spirit and soul) no longer the temple/house of God according to 1 cor6:19-20 where God dwells? If it is, then your point is off focus.

lok at the reason God said you should bring the tithe... So that there will be neat in my house. God never said you should eat it.
Gods house is a gathering of Gods people. He even said... Do not forsake the assembly of your selves together as the manner of some is.

Go give your tithe in the house of God where you worship. Simple
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by GenFunction: 12:13pm On Feb 25
Urgent1Million:

Government schools and hospitals are the most affordable.
Government collect taxes from the rich and build infrastructure for everyone, especially the poor.
Churches collect tithes from the poor and build businesses that only the rich can afford.
There's a pastor who owns a school and a hospital in Lagos.
One day, a staff of the school collapsed and was rushed to that hospital with the school bus. He spent the night there with basic medicines and they were to book him for an operation.
In the morning, they gave him a bill of #130,000 and asked him to pay that one first before they could book him for the surgery.
The guy asked his family to take him to another hospital. His colleagues had to contribute money to offset that bill.
This happened back in 2022 when things were still not too expensive.
This is first hand info because my younger brother works in that school.
Oya no vex,pls dnt pay ur tithe anymre,but i'll pay mine tho.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by maridrug(m): 12:16pm On Feb 25
Most Christians are gullible about giving.
Having homeless and helpless people around us but rather take it to a man that will use it for worldly things.
The so called servants of God are not sincere with tithes and offerings, it should be meant for Levites, widow/orphans and strangers. We cornered the inflow to ourselves and start building cathedrals as achievements for the kingdom sake.
I was amazed last week at church when the pastor says the members should take their offerings and tithes to the less privileged around them <with all sincerity> until the economic situation of the country is stable. This is what I know as true religion not otherwise.
As for me, my mum <a widow> and others share > 10% of my income.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by alobright17(m): 12:18pm On Feb 25
Dtruthspeaker:

See how you are twisting like a sserpent. First you said "greater than tithe" i corrected you.

Then in great desperation you again tried adding to the argument "which did Christ called the most important?", i corrected you yet again.

Nna, i dont have time for off topic arguments, foolish arguments. argue with yourself.

All what I said was what your Jesus said be it greater or important unless you're saying your Jesus is also a serpent

The question is simple which is more important between tithe and giving Jesus answered the question already that it's a shame you paying tithe without giving .

You're not smart to ask why did your Jesus said one of the two is more important and called you shame for doing tithe instead of giving .

Stick to that .

Yes I understand your frustrations. That's why you are using cursed words because is not easy to argue truth .

That's why you never accepted that Jesus said giving us more important.

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by AuthorMan: 12:20pm On Feb 25
It all depends on your spiritual maturity. It is good to give tithes and offerings. In fact, I see offering more important than tithes.
If you think giving your tithes is giving God money, then listen to Jesus:

Matthew 25:35-40
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Think about this.
I prefer to give my offering in church and give other money to the poor, on the streets, among friend and in my family. I find greater joy in doing this.
You can't impress God with money or material things and it is not giving tithes that makes one rich.
When it is time for you to be rich by Gods plan, no devil can stop it. Tithe or no tithe.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by fabian063: 12:20pm On Feb 25
And the Bible made us to know that the human body is the house of God
MaxInDHouse:
According to God you're not to determine what happens to your tithes God said bring it to His house and not to the needy.
So if you don't bring it to His house you're still owing Him the tithe!undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by aoshea18: 12:25pm On Feb 25
"The best advertisement for the veracity of tithes as a means of financial prosperity is not a sermon. It is for you as a tither to testify and say you are not feeling the present economic hardship because of your covenant of prosperity arising from your tithe. But, if you are here complaining like everybody else about the economy, of what use is your tithe to you? Do you understand me?

You are not meant to be complaining. You are meant to be basking in financial prosperity. The darker the economic times, the more you ought to shine as a tither. Except you have been lied to all these while by people who have been using a purely agricultural tax meant for only the eleven other tribes of Israel to pay to only the Levites because the Levites were not allowed to own land and were to only work in the Temple to deceive you-Numbers 18:21. "

- Reno Omokri
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by aoshea18: 12:27pm On Feb 25
If you are a tithe payer and you also come to social media to complain about economic hardship, then it is either your tithes do not have the ability to make you rich, or you are lying about your hardship. Which is it? Because the argument that those who pressure you to pay tithe is that you can never lack and that God will open the window of heaven over you. So, why are you complaining of hardship?

Face it. You have been lied to all these years, and the chickens are coming home to roost. Tithes have absolutely no impact on your prosperity. What impacts your prosperity are either of three things. Your physical labour. Your investments. Whether or not you inherit from relatives.

Tithes were an agricultural tax imposed by God and the eleven tribes that got land in the Promised Land and payable only to the Levites, because they were not allowed to own land or work.

"I give to the Levites all the tithes in Israel as their inheritance in return for the work they do while serving at the tent of meeting."-Numbers 18:21.

Even Yeshua Hamasiach (Jesus Christ, Nabi Isa) did not collect tithes, because He was not a Levite. On Earth, He was a Jewish Rabbi of the tribe of Judah. Neither did His disciples ask for or receive tithes.

Paul, who brought this faith to you and I, Gentiles, said:

"You yourselves know that these hands of mine have supplied my own needs and the needs of my companions."-Acts 20:34.

There are exactly 613 Laws of Moses. These men have craftily selected only the laws that benefit them financially. Why are they now keeping the 610 other laws? Yes, they and their mind-controlled people will come here and use logic and philosophy to counter my Scriptural assertions. Because, they are "teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."-Matthew 15:9.

They cite Abraham to manipulate your mind that tithing preceded the law. Please fact-check the paragraph below.

Abraham did not tithe his income or his farm harvest. Abraham tithed ONCE. And he only tithed from military plunder, also called spoils of war, and we see this in Hebrews 7:4:

“Just think how great he was: Even the patriarch Abraham gave him a tenth of the plunder!”

The only thing expected from Gentile believers was freewill offerings. We see this in 2 Corinthians 9:7:

"Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver"

--- Reno Omokri
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by shereef19: 12:28pm On Feb 25
U want churches to start closing
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by 4ward4: 12:29pm On Feb 25
MaxInDHouse:
According to God you're not to determine what happens to your tithes God said bring it to His house and not to the needy.
So if you don't bring it to His house you're still owing Him the tithe!undecided

Owning him, because God needs your money ?
To many Jokers ,practicing what they have no indebt knowledge about...
Do charity, Support Church building and Missons, that their is Doing God's work.

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by AuthorMan: 12:36pm On Feb 25
maridrug:
Most Christians are gullible about giving.
Having homeless and helpless people around us but rather take it to a man that will use it for worldly things.
The so called servants of God are not sincere with tithes and offerings, it should be meant for Levites, widow/orphans and strangers. We cornered the inflow to ourselves and start building cathedrals as achievements for the kingdom sake.
I was amazed last week at church when the pastor says the members should take their offerings and tithes to the less privileged around them <with all sincerity> until the economic situation of the country is stable. This is what I know as true religion not otherwise.
As for me, my mum <a wid ow> and others share > 10% of my income.

The problem is many are not rooted in word of God. They wait for their pastors to interpret the Bible that is written in common English to them.
If the English of King James is too cumbersome t understand there are several other versions of today's English.
Many pastors have put fear in the mind of their members. Some with sentences that sounds like a curse.
"If you to Tithe things will be tight for you" CAN YOU IMAGINE SENTENCES LIKE THIS?

Anyone who reads his bible by himself won't take such as a divine sentence. It sounds demonic.
I will give my offering often but no one will trick me into giving tithe by force.

Many pastors who don't embezzle the tithes use them wrongly still.
Building 200,000 capacity church to seems like a show off. And it is the same tithes that are used to do this.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by nnadychuks(m): 12:37pm On Feb 25
Corrections:

New Living Translation

IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!!

All these and you fail to quote deuteronomy 14:22
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:40pm On Feb 25
fabian063:

And the Bible made us to know that the human body is the house of God
NO!
It's not the human body rather Jesus and Paul were referring to the congregation as a body it means the church of God.
A Christian is not that temple but a gathering of Christians that's why Jesus said where two or three are gathered in his name he will be there {Matthew 18:20} the gathering means God's temple where Jesus must not be missing. Luke 2:49
Thanks!
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:41pm On Feb 25
4ward4:

Owning him, because God needs your money?
To many Jokers ,practicing what they have no indebt knowledge about...
Do charity, Support Church building and Missons, that their is Doing God's work.

Sorry this is about those who wants to do the will of God not just everyone! 2Thessalonians 3:2 undecided
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by emmyileri(m): 12:46pm On Feb 25
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:55pm On Feb 25
GlobeTrotter2:
I wonder why people will quote their mind into the bible. GOD SAID BRING THE TITHE. If you call it tithe, It is obviously wrong to give it to your parents. And why can't you give your tithe and also help your parents. They are mutually exclusively.

Why do we always see these types of treads on Sundays SEUN what is your ajender

Very clear command. But these are the types who even after the examiner has said write your names and matric no, they still ended up.submitting their amswers scripts without fulfilling the command. Yet, they shout in wonder when they are marked "Failed"!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! / Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? / Is God Really Omniscient (All-Knowing)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.