Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? (9930 Views)

What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / "My Wife Wears Sexy Dresses..but Wouldn't Let Me Touch Her" A Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by FreakieMoi(m): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2011
@topic.
Yes! What is the biggy in helping your better-half iron her cloths? Moreso, when she is preparing your meal and hence stuck with time? Hmmmmm!
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Exponental(m): 3:01pm On Nov 12, 2011
I fear u oooooooo.
Shouldnt marriage be enjoyed? Dont create unnecessary issue.
Be her helper always without any discrimination.
I recommend an apology to her with a loving kiss.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Uchek(m): 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2011
What a stupid topic that reveals the shallowness of average Nigerian citizen? Is this all you can contribute to elevation of discourse on Nigeria? Wait till your wife dies of domestic chore overload, then you will wake up to see that marriage is not 50:50 but 80:20, 60:40, 100:0 - depending on the situation.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by ZUBBYNWA(m): 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2011
Yes is possible and normal to help her out, after all she did not not command rather seeing you ironing urs so she wanted u to help her out too. Sorry no big deal there/
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Natasha2(f): 3:32pm On Nov 12, 2011
huh is this a topic? shocked shocked shocked pheww shameless poster
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Outstrip(f): 3:53pm On Nov 12, 2011
The fact that he is coming here to ask shows that he might be second guessing how he handled it. He is not a bad person. Everybody stumbles at the beginning and this is not a big deal. @ OP when you are so ill one day and she is the only one that can put you on the toilet and wipe your bum after you are done with yoru business then you will realize that you should even wash her panties without her asking you to.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2011
@OP
Your case is just an example of "making a mountain out of a molehill." It wouldn't have cost you anything to iron her clothes considering the fact that she also has duties to perform. If your sister asked you, you probably would have done it for her.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:10pm On Nov 12, 2011
cant believe people are still asking such daft questions in 2011 soon to be 2012

This site is an embarrassment. Seriously. Imagine normal people seeing this on front page
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Sijo01(f): 4:26pm On Nov 12, 2011
Cnt bliv evrybdy ar on one side 2day. grin grin
diz d 1st thread hav seen & read dat evy bdy has actually agreed/supported on thing. cheesy cheesy

Men/guys in da house, "I Doff my cap 4u all". kiss kiss
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by aribisala0(m): 4:51pm On Nov 12, 2011
life is give and take and me i LOVE TO  IRON.
but under those circumstances you described i would not have ironed the clothes as it seems she was pushing boundaries. or iron them and tell her not to repeat it.
did she not know before she had ironing to do?
if you like to iron nothing wrong in ironing her clothes in principle if you live outside naija. in naija don't do it. people will use it against her and put a wedge between you
outside of naija without house helpa .  iron her clothes well but i would rather at the weekend just do all the ironing for the week than to be ambushed in the morning with subtle blackmail.
for me ironing can be a form of discipline and a very good lesson in humility which we all need sometimes

but  make sure you milk it for all you can get in rerurn
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2011
I hope you never leave Birangham.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by aribisala0(m): 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2011
don't plan to but if you need MOT.oiling,crank shafting,V-alignment or general servicing you know where we are
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by dabrake(m): 5:27pm On Nov 12, 2011
@op, i've got just 6 words for you - I AM DAMN DISAPPOINTED IN YOU. @allGuysThatHavePostedOnThisThread, thanks for clearing the op's doubt(by not following the usual trend of supporting the male species) thumbs up. We do not have to support trash. @females, hope you all are taking a cue from us. We bash & defend without gender bias unlike what you all do. If we continue like this, the men overbloated ego will subside(because that is the major obstacle blocking the BEIJING '95 vision), thereby achieving 'real' gender equality.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by dabrake(m): 5:39pm On Nov 12, 2011
daisy28:

I hope your wife isnt reading dis on nairaland cos u've embrassed urself,u arent gettin any support as u thot u wud undecided i hope u will be more supportive @ home with d little chores n not just payin d bills. Doin little chores for her makes her want to do more for you.
soon, we will see a new thread tagged : should i have s3x with my wife because i need child?. SMH /*vexxa! Dumbest and daftest nairaland thread ever*/
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by dabrake(m): 5:46pm On Nov 12, 2011
comechop:

the real question here is [size=14pt]how this crap got to the frontpage. useless mods.[/size]
because the mods wanted to silent the senile op. The crap is the frontpage because they wanted to prove, to the poster, how silly he was, he is and he can be. @op, you need to learn, re.learn and un.learn some things.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 12, 2011
@ poster, If you just reply " Sure honey" it would promote peaceful working together as a couple instead of it becoming a conflict.And Ill bet the next time you ask a favour from her, she will gladly reply the same. smiley
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by eros(m): 6:42pm On Nov 12, 2011
@ Poster,

YOU ARE A D.I.C.K. HEAD, MORO.N AND A FO.OL TO EVEN CONSIDER ASKING THIS QUESTION.

Like seriously kini big deal? To think it was early in the morning and you were both getting ready to go to work. You fall MARRIED MEN hand i swear. You should apologize to your wife and iron all the clothes she has, whether ironed or not.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by deluxecad(m): 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2011
Why not?
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by soreola(f): 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2011
We have all come to a consensus that the OP was wrong . . . let's not call him names, it doesn't encourage him to come back and seek guidance on wateva other issues he faces. We are all naive to an extent and the acquisition of knowledge and experience is the only solution. Like someone said the OP came here because he probably had some doubts about his response. I agree that maybe it's not worth a showing on the frontpage but it is what it is.

@OP, I hope you have gained something from this thread . . . good luck and seek to apply the knowledge provided in this thread to other areas in your marriage.

God bless  smiley
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by aribisala0(m): 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2011
i don''t think he should be abused. when the discussion considers facts in a sterile manner you ignore the emotional context in which events occur.
picture this ;many of of have shared a room with mates as students and probably have been asked to do similar things in the past. often we would oblige but either there is a good quid pro quo or reasonable reason why they can't iron themselves. no one wants to feel cheated. the way a request is made and its context affects our response.
so let us be slow to judge and quick to forgive.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by mbulela: 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2011
My dad has been married to my mum for decades and my mum has never ironed a piece of clothing in all those years.
He has always done the ironing.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by badmus77(m): 7:51pm On Nov 12, 2011
You r wicked, am sure she went tru such period wit u, nxt time, dnt set limits to you relationship, u shld be asking if u cld iron her clothes for her
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by bjdon: 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2011
Ok English lesson of the day

We are getting ready for office this morning and i try to iron my cloth, and my wife ask me to iron her own too.
Correction: We were getting ready for the office this morning and while I was ironing my clothes my wife asked me to Iron hers too

My wife ask me to help her to iron her cloth, while she take care of some others job in the house.
Correction: My Wife asked me to help Iron her clothes, while she takes care of some other jobs in the house

But I refuse to help cause I have done some other jobs in the house too.
Correction: But I refused to help her because I had done other jobs in the huse too.

Now she started talking rubbish, that helping ironing her cloth while she get busy doing some other stuff in the house is part of my obligation which i denied.
Correction: Then she started talking rubbish, saying that helping iron her clothes while she's busy with other stuff in the house is part of my obligation, which I denied.

Please house especially Married men, did u help your wife to iron her cloth while she get busy preparing your food or doing some other homeworks?
Not quite sure what your trying to say here dude!
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by naijababe2(f): 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2011
some men sha angry just a lil' help u cant render, too much Ego angry angry
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by tlops(m): 7:58pm On Nov 12, 2011
Yes you can.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by r231(m): 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2011
This ibile man again undecided undecided

The other day you are complaining that she dont kneel down for you in the morning now you complaining about ironing undecided

You better go and find a village cus i dont knw why you cant help the woman out
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by aribisala0(m): 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2011
bjdon:

Ok English lesson of the day

We are getting ready for office this morning and i try to iron my cloth, and my wife ask me to iron her own too.
Correction: We were getting ready for the office this morning and while I was ironing my clothes my wife asked me to Iron hers too

My wife ask me to help her to iron her cloth, while she take care of some others job in the house.
Correction: My Wife asked me to help Iron her clothes, while she takes care of some other jobs in the house

But I refuse to help cause I have done some other jobs in the house too.
Correction: But I refused to help her because I had done other jobs in the huse too.

Now she started talking rubbish, that helping ironing her cloth while she get busy doing some other stuff in the house is part of my obligation which i denied.
Correction: Then she started talking rubbish, saying that helping iron her clothes while she's busy with other stuff in the house is part of my obligation, which I denied.

Please house especially Married men, did u help your wife to iron her cloth while she get busy preparing your food or doing some other homeworks?
Not quite sure what your trying to say here dude!

YORUBA LESSON OF THE DAY

ni igba ti a n mura ibise ni owuro oni. mo n lo aso ti mo fe wo gege bi omo eko gbajumo. aiya mi ni ki n ba lo aso re wi pe o ni ohun ti o fe se ninu ile. mo ko!mo wi pe emi na ni ohun ti mo fe se ninu ile.
nse lo tu ito soke to bere si buu mi t'on wi kati kati. o so wi pe ti o ba n se nko miran ninu ile eto mi ni ki mo ran lowo pelu aso lilo ti ire ki mo ba lo pint ati bres ko'onyan. mo fi ake kori.
ejowo ara adugbo e ba wa da si. ati eyin agbagba okunrin ninu aiya fi fe.
se eyin ma n se bi omugo ti e n ba aiya ile lo aso ati pata
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by jephiano: 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2011
After readin d OP's initial post, i honestly cringed, xpectin a barrage of yabs, knowin NLders' bashin capabilities but all well and gud dere's been alot of advice as well. OP its sad dat u hav to learn d basics d hard way but u can suceed.
@ Aribisala pls r u married? Marriage and sharin accomodation with som piple are two very diferent things o. U hav to make sacrifices and sometimes do things dat r best for d union but not enjoyable 4 u. If u take dis 'i wont allow anybody to cheat me' attitude into marriage, hmm my broda, eferebo shall be ur case because u go surely wound o.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by aribisala0(m): 8:26pm On Nov 12, 2011
jephiano:

After readin d OP's initial post, i honestly cringed, xpectin a barrage of yabs, knowin NLders' bashin capabilities but all well and gud dere's been alot of advice as well. OP its sad dat u hav to learn d basics d hard way but u can suceed.
@ Aribisala pls r u married? Marriage and sharin accomodation with som piple are two very diferent things o. U hav to make sacrifices and sometimes do things dat r best for d union but not enjoyable 4 u. If u take dis 'i wont allow anybody to cheat me' attitude into marriage, hmm my broda, eferebo shall be your case because u go surely wound o.
try reading and comprehending properly.
i do not think you can deduce MY attitude from what i wrote
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by gascoign1(m): 8:43pm On Nov 12, 2011
what kind of a useless topic is this? Moderator why is those post on front page?
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Kunbee: 9:35pm On Nov 12, 2011
Poster where you dey grin
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Konnektions146(m): 10:00pm On Nov 12, 2011
I'm quite impressed wit this post, at least it's not gone tribal yet,
@op, plenty words are enough for de wise, so wise up, grow up and enjoy your marriage. GOOD LUCK!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Caught My Neighbour's Kids Having Sex / Does Chewing Gum Make You Irresponsible? / Schools Asking Kids To Wear Valentine Clothes: Is It Necesarry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.