Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? (9929 Views)

What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / "My Wife Wears Sexy Dresses..but Wouldn't Let Me Touch Her" A Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by cynthiafred67(f): 10:19pm On Nov 12, 2011
Na wah oooo common ironing again? @op I don't see anything wrong in helping ur wife iron her cloth whether she is busy or not. She is ur wife 4 God sakes u are suppose 2 be a team.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by delpee(f): 10:55pm On Nov 12, 2011
Whats the big deal about ironing her clothes? You married a wife not a slave. Drop the ego and be a loving husband. Your wife will appreciate it.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by zone77(m): 11:03pm On Nov 12, 2011
mathematicians said 1+1=2,but marriage 1+1=1.support ur wife in any way both cooking, fetching water.she is ur wife not girlfriend.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by princedant: 1:07am On Nov 13, 2011
bros, there's no big deal involved, from the posts u can see that no one is on ur side cos its not woorth discussing, i do it & even go beyond, can u wash her car too if she sees u washing urs?, my brother, marriage is not friendship, anything u do for her is not too much cos ur virtually doin it for urself,
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by nnwniger: 2:14am On Nov 13, 2011
Ileke-Idi, You need to move out of those crab pipe type mentality of everything bad must be Nigerian men. Most of the people encouraging this man to be helpful at home are Nigerian men. Are you blind to see that?
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Nobody: 2:34am On Nov 13, 2011
Why should this be an issue? You're married; you're a team. You should be able to help each other out.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by ibomboy: 4:25am On Nov 13, 2011
u probably were doing a lot more for her when u were dating/courting her, while u were trying to woo her. then u saw her as ur best friend and could do almost anytin in d name of love. Now u are married and the title Husband n wife comes in- u now see those tins as strange. NOT COOL MY BRODA! go back to seeing her as ur best friend and team mate! let the love flow u'd be surprised great she cud be as ur friend, wife n team mate!
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 13, 2011
Smh @ Topic! undecided undecided
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by tlops(m): 4:35pm On Nov 13, 2011
Dr Alban Nwapa's home
http://www.tv4play.se/noje/berg_flyttar_in?title=berg_flyttar_in_del_2&videoid=2094042

Nigerian men in Nigeria dont know the world don advance.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by awesomet1(m): 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2011
what's the big deal?! for instance; what if we're both in a hurry to go somewhere, and she needs to have her bath quickly and I'm free at that moment. What stops me from helping with ironing her cloth or dress?
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by koolguy88(m): 7:15pm On Nov 13, 2011
i iron my wife's cloths, sometimes i even wash them, whats the big deal?
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by efisher(m): 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2011
Ironing is my job! I iron not only for my wife but for the kids. Kini big deal?
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Toonice(m): 8:29am On Nov 14, 2011
I think i have learn my lesson here.

Thanks all of u that insult and some that advice me. All am just asking here is a Question and some turn it to an insult and some abusive language are used here.

But at least i derived some senses in some people writeup.

Thanks all. and my wife am so sorry.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Jarus(m): 9:41am On Nov 14, 2011
There is nothing wrong in it, but it should not be routine.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by ELEOVIE(m): 9:45am On Nov 14, 2011
Thats nice. And note that there is no sacrifice too great to offer for your wife.
I will iron my wife's clothes anyday.
I am pretty sure you are newly weds. You will learn more as you progress in your marriage and God will help your marriage blossom.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Toonice(m): 9:58am On Nov 14, 2011
ELE-OVIE:

Thats nice. And note that there is no sacrifice too great to offer for your wife.
I will iron my wife's clothes anyday.
I am pretty sure you are newly weds. You will learn more as you progress in your marriage and God will help your marriage blossom.

Thanks man, May God bless your family too. Am gr8full 4 ur sensible advice here.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by maxygirl(f): 11:24am On Nov 14, 2011
OP, i would suggest you take your marriage as a partnership and try and help your wife the way you can. I assure you, she will do same and your home shall be peaceful and lovely.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by 2goodbobo(m): 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2011
Poster,pls call your wife and apologise to her for been unromantic,selfish,childish,egoistic and unsupportive cos you are so wrong not to have helped her.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by zignor(m): 1:20pm On Nov 14, 2011
CAPITAL YES
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:18pm On Nov 14, 2011
Jarus, be quiet

Toonice:

Thanks all. and my wife am so sorry.

why are you apologizing here?

Go and tell her to her face.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by armyofone(m): 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2011
abi o, go and kneel in front of her, hug her, cry and apologize. next day get 12 roses and continue the apologizing. also don't forget to do laundry and cooking for the rest of the month. goodluck mon.

kai, the type of guys being breed in 2011 undecided

TOH, mo miss e. bawo ni now?
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:53am On Nov 15, 2011
I dey jare. How are you, madam be all you can you be grin
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 15, 2011
I don't know why pastors, priests, courts e.t.c , do not screen their applicants before allowing them tie the knot.

This is embarassing. Makes me appreciate what I have everyday. Even my own father used to iron our church dresses, wash our clothes and school uniforms when we were growing up, everything was not left for my mum to do. Do men still think like the OP?
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by JeSoul(f): 6:32pm On Nov 15, 2011
jennykadry:

I don't know why pastors, priests, courts e.t.c , do not screen their applicants before allowing them tie the knot.

This is embarassing. Makes me appreciate what I have everyday. Even my own father used to iron our church dresses, wash our clothes and school uniforms when we were growing up, everything was not left for my mum to do. Do men still think like the OP?
^the exact same question that was going thru my mind. The most scary/disappointing part of such a thread as this is that someone who thinks like this is actually married.

Jarus:

There is nothing wrong in it, but it should not be routine.
It is most unfortunate that a man's ego gets too big to stoop down and do something as inconsequential as ironing his own wife's clothes regularly. I hope she too figures out that doing certain things around the house like say cooking must be not routine.

TOH, betta pesin, wassup girl  kiss
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 16, 2011
//
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by 2shuz: 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2011
There is nothing wrong in helping your wife do anything becuase i am sure she will do much more than that for you. i will not even tell you what my husband does for me, somtimes i even get embarrased and try to stop him from doing it, it never works cheesy

Couples do not have job functions in the house undecided . Except your spouse did not ask you to help in a nice manner. please go ahead and help her with an open mind. she does so many things without even asking you to do it. dont tag anything as "her job-his job"
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by mutter(f): 10:57am On Nov 29, 2011
I wonder why all this pounding on the poster.
Let us get this straight- It is not his obligation to iron his wife`s cloths.
If he so desires he can help her. But he wrote that he had already done some other things and probably needed time for his own preperations for work.
The chores in a house never finishes and one ought to have priorities especially in the morning. When things are done at the last minute it usually brings stress like in this case.
Even as a woman I could ask my husband to look for something else to wear if he insists on me ironing before work and I just do not have the time or nerves any longer.
It is basically the role of a woman to keep the house and to make sure she can combine her functions in her various roles.
It is simply rude to tell your husband that it is his obligation! She could have put it in a different way. Like telling him it would have been a sign of his love and his appreciation for her huge responsibility as a woman.
My husband does things at home too but I never see it as his obligation but as a sign of his love for me and his concern that I do not get over burdened with my functions. It is also only proper to thank him for this help and show of love.
In the modern day world we need to jump into each others roles and assist but it should always be done with respect and appreciation.
The posters wife expressed herself wrongly and that was the reason she got that response from the poster. as he pointed out he had already done some things in the house.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Jumadet(f): 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2011
i really do not see any big deal in ironing your wife's clothe for her. She's your wife. if she does not mind helping you with your responsibilities and makes it easier on you, she needs some encouragement too. be nice to her once in a while. even if you can't do it, say it nicely and give reasonable reasons for not doing it.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by grandlexuz(m): 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2012
As much as I find your question very funny, I am happy you getting plenty of good advice on this forum. No one is perfect and some men still see some chores as practically women chores.  I practically am involved with the washing of our bed sheets. Many times I do include my wife's dresses if she is busy or not feeling too well. When it comes to ironing, I do all of it; my clothes, my wife and the kids. I hope several of the response on this site will start making you look on marriage as a team work. Gone are those days when the man had to sit in front of the tv screen and still call a cooking wife to come change the channels, lol You earn more respect from even a bad wife when you  committed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Husband Or Wife's Best Food? / Caught My Neighbour's Kids Having Sex / Does Chewing Gum Make You Irresponsible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.