Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives (11051 Views)

World Bank Loans Nigeria $700m For Water Supply, FG Blames States / Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF / Buhari Loans: Nigeria Is Now On The Auction Market - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by baralatie(m): 4:00pm On Feb 22
Tell them o

They don't understand why it is useless
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:02pm On Feb 22
Biodun556:

grin

Haha olodo

Floating means leaving the naira in it's original value by not supporting it
Original value? What a truckload of crap

You know nothing. Just go back to your desk in APC media office
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by Biodun556(m): 4:05pm On Feb 22
Agbegbaorogboye:

Original value? What a truckload of crap

You know nothing. Just go back to your desk in APC media office

What does it mean to float the naira?
Simply put, currency float is an exchange rate system where the local currency is set by the forces of demand and supply within the forex market.

In Nigeria, it means the elimination of a fixed price for forex trading within the country. This removes the direct intervention of the CBN from the forex market.

From another source

1 Like

Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by Menclothing: 4:06pm On Feb 22
Eat well and dress good no let Nigerians matter worry u

Shirt 8k
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:08pm On Feb 22
Biodun556:

Simply put, currency float is an exchange rate system where the local currency is set by the forces of demand and supply within the forex market.

In Nigeria, it means the elimination of a fixed price for forex trading within the country. This removes the direct intervention of the CBN from the forex market.

From another source
So point out "original value" in the definitions you copied.

Who is the olodo now between you and I
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by Cmeo(m): 4:08pm On Feb 22
It's too late for loan now except grants and debt forgiveness. It is time to increase productivity, efficiency and sell some assets to stabilize the nation first.
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by Biodun556(m): 4:10pm On Feb 22
Agbegbaorogboye:

So point out "original value" in the definitions you copied.

Who is the olodo now between you and I

Original value is the forces of demand and supply

1 Like

Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by lexy2014: 4:13pm On Feb 22
inoki247:
Lol wetin people want if dem defend the Naira una go complain as dem no defend Naira again we can see the disaster....

To the extent that Dollar is affecting Garri and Groundnut wey we no import...

so Tinubu stopped defending the naira and floated the dollar and is now borrowing billions of dollars to defend the naira against the dollar that he initially stopped defending against the dollar...right?
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:14pm On Feb 22
Biodun556:

Original value is the forces of demand and supply
grin grin grin

Go back to asslicking your APC masters abeg
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by lexy2014: 4:17pm On Feb 22
inoki247:

Lol just forget that electricity aspect abg is a Rocket science to Nigeria politicians what they've been battling for how many years u believe it will be fixed in 6 month....

Is only the security aspect I agree the Govt needs to work on and with the insecurity still the people that are farming and not having issues prefer selling to neighboring countries to earn more due to currency floating so selling to neighboring countries too is adding to the hunger where most people believe they can make more through the exchange rate....

let me ask. how come that all of a sudden in Tinubu administration that farmers started selling their food produce to neighbouring countries?

why were they not selling to other countries all these years?
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by 9jatriot(m): 4:17pm On Feb 22
Other than that stupid loan NNPCL took, is there any loan that has been taken to shore up the naira? Please show me any link to show if there has been any.
lexy2014:

so Tinubu stopped defending the naira and floated the dollar and is now borrowing billions of dollars to defend the naira against the dollar that he initially stopped defending against the dollar...right?
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by lexy2014: 4:19pm On Feb 22
Biodun556:

From another source

so Tinubu removed " the direct intervention of the CBN from the forex market" which means " local currency is set by the forces of demand and supply within the forex market." and then borrowed loan to still empower the CBN to intervene in the forex market...right?
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by lexy2014: 4:21pm On Feb 22
9jatriot:
Other than that stupid loan NNPCL took, is there any loan that has been taken to shore up the naira? Please show me any link to show if there has been any.

what is the correlation between the above and the following?

Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by Biodun556(m): 4:22pm On Feb 22
lexy2014:

so Tinubu removed " the direct intervention of the CBN from the forex market" which means " local currency is set by the forces of demand and supply within the forex market." and then borrowed loan to still empower the CBN to intervene in the forex market...right?

He never borrow loan to intervene. Pat utomi was referring to previous government not Tinubu
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by Dennisochampa: 4:22pm On Feb 22
Myopic people won't understand anything in this post..

Alot might even abuse him and call him names but the intelligent ones will see reasons in what he's said so far....
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by viodemus: 4:24pm On Feb 22
We understand that, but Big eyes exacerbated the crises to a new very low level.

We have oil and gas in abundance. The gas in the east can supply the whole of Africa for atleast two centuries. Most states in the SE have oil that has not even been harnessed. The oil in cross Rivers, akwa ibom, Rivers, delta, and benin, are still in abundance, upon all the stealing involved. They tell us 2 million barrels a day, but they are also extracting another 2 million barrels a day for some people to share. Upon all of that, they are still stealing from the official 2 million barrels that is supposed to be for everyone. So, I will blame greed/corruption however you put it.

On another news, the trouble makers from the core north should know that they are also igbos in kaduna, in benue, in plateau, and in Abuja. They are not there to conquer the whole state and take it for themselves. So, be very careful. If they plan to leave Nigeria, know that igbos will not be comfortable knowing that you guys are right at our borders. So, we want the middle belt to remain neutral, it is a mixed tribe zone. Igbos need to really make this clear to them. If they don't heed, the igbos should be ready to defend our people in these places, it is an all man for themself situation there. We need the igbos there who understand what is going on in an in depth manner, to help the rest of the igbos know how to proceed, and the urgency involved.

Live and let live.

As for big eyes, he is a selfish failure.
He has not condemned the tribal and religious wars going on. In fact, he is not economically sound. The security forces are not yet balanced.

We pray for progress for all.
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by 9jatriot(m): 4:24pm On Feb 22
I should be asking you... You were the one who said he borrowed, I just wanted confirmation that he actually did,
lexy2014:

...and then borrowed loan to still empower the CBN to intervene in the forex market...
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by lexy2014: 4:28pm On Feb 22
9jatriot:
I should be asking you... You were the one who said he borrowed, I just wanted confirmation that he actually did

in response to the above, according to you
9jatriot:
Other than that stupid loan NNPCL took, is there any loan that has been taken to shore up the naira?

so which loan are you talking about?

Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by lexy2014: 4:30pm On Feb 22
Biodun556:

He never borrow loan to intervene. Pat utomi was referring to previous government not Tinubu

where in the article did Pat Utomi make reference to previous government?

when did any previous government borrow $3b to defend the naira?
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by 9jatriot(m): 4:33pm On Feb 22
You are just going around in cycles, you said Tinubu is borrowing money to defend the naira, I asked you for links so that I can read of the load taken to defend the naira.

I really want to know
lexy2014:

lexy2014:

in response to the above, according to you

so which loan are you talking about?

Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by lexy2014: 4:35pm On Feb 22
9jatriot:
You are just going around in cycles, you said Tinubu is borrowing money to defend the naira, I asked you for links so that I can read of the load taken to defend the naira.

I really want to know

according to you
9jatriot:
Other than that stupid loan NNPCL took, is there any loan that has been taken to shore up the naira?

so which "stupid loan" are you talking about? how much is the "stupid loan"?

Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by Biodun556(m): 4:39pm On Feb 22
lexy2014:

Floating the naira is a term popularized by Tinubu since he took over. He has been saying

1 Like

Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by lexy2014: 4:40pm On Feb 22
Biodun556:

Floating the naira is a term popularized by Tinubu since he took over. He has been saying

that is not what I asked you.

1. where in the article did Pat Utomi make reference to previous government?

2. when did any previous government borrow $3b to defend the naira?
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by 9jatriot(m): 4:41pm On Feb 22
Bottomline, you cannot show anywhere that Tinubu has borrowed money to defend the naira. That is all I wanted to know.

Good day.
lexy2014:

according to you

1 Like

Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by Biodun556(m): 4:41pm On Feb 22
lexy2014:

that is not what I asked you.

The punch news paper I attached

Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by lexy2014: 4:44pm On Feb 22
Biodun556:

The punch news paper I attached

that is not what I asked you. pls try again

Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by lexy2014: 4:45pm On Feb 22
9jatriot:
Bottomline, you cannot show anywhere that Tinubu has borrowed money to defend the naira. That is all I wanted to know.

Good day.
I dont need to show you. you have shown yourself with the following
9jatriot:

1 Like

Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by inoki247: 4:45pm On Feb 22
lexy2014:

let me ask. how come that all of a sudden in Tinubu administration that farmers started selling their food produce to neighbouring countries?

Lol selling to other countries right now pay more than before cause of the currency float....

Some days ago my friend from the neighboring country text me that he needs something they do sell doz thing in his country buh doing his calculations he discover with the exchange rate it will favor him more....

So selling things or Nigeria produce to the neighboring country right now is morw lucrative....

Just as when Naira was strong against CFA den people prefer going to Cotonue so Nigeria is the new Cotonue..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by Sumerians: 4:46pm On Feb 22
Biodun556:

“We should realise that the naira is tumbling because we have not been producing for years.”

https://www.arise.tv/utomi-loans-nigeria-taking-to-shore-up-naira-are-meaningless/

Never seen the version of foolishness and uselessness of these foools in the current gonfamental.

This is just a means and avenue of looting.
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by lexy2014: 4:46pm On Feb 22
inoki247:

Lol selling to other countries right now pay more than before cause of the currency float....

Some days ago my friend from the neighboring country text me that he needs something they do sell doz thing in his country buh doing his calculations he discover with the exchange rate it will favor him more....

So selling things or Nigeria produce to the neighboring country right now is morw lucrative....

Just as when Naira was strong against CFA den people prefer going to Cotonue so Nigeria is the new Cotonue..

that is not what I asked.

how come that all of a sudden in Tinubu administration that farmers started selling their food produce to neighbouring countries?

Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by baralatie(m): 4:49pm On Feb 22
Cmeo:
It's too late for loan now except grants and debt forgiveness. It is time to increase productivity, efficiency and sell some assets to stabilize the nation first.
Selling national assets is even counter productive
Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by inoki247: 4:50pm On Feb 22
lexy2014:

that is not what I asked.

how come that all of a sudden in Tinubu administration that farmers started selling their food produce to neighbouring countries?

If you don't understand my explanation then that's your problem the answer is already dere...

Currency floating made selling to neighboring countries more lucrative right now than before they make little gain....

So how's my explanation not enough....

If you sell to neighboring country with the floating you gain more than selling to Nigeria so presently more people prefer to sell to neighboring country than the before the population of people wanting to sell outside are more than before...

At least av explain in ABC for you...

If the currency floating is reversed people will not sell outside the country anymore that much the population of people wanting to sell to neighboring countries will reduce again....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Jailed Over Vulture Voodoo In Burkina Faso / Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. / NNPC Report: Auditor General Threatens To Sue Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.