Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. (11018 Views)

Former COAS Lt Gen KTJ Minimah's Daughter Set To Marry / Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle / Photos Of Gen. Benjamin Adekunle From The Nigerian Civil War (1967-1970) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. KTJ Minimah on behalf of officers and soldiers of the Nigerian Army regrets to announce the death of Brigadier General Benjamin Adesanya Maja Adekunle (RTD) (Black Scorpion)
26 July 1937 - 13 September, 2014.

*LYING IN STATE
Venue: Nigerian Army Ordinance Corps (NAOC) Hall, Abalti Barracks, Ojuelegba, Lagos.
Date: Thursday, 2 Oct. 2014.
Time: 10:00am.

*SERVICE OF SONGS
Venue: Nigerian Army Ordinance Corps (NAOC) Hall, Abalti Barracks, Ojuelegba, Lagos.
Time: 5:00pm.

*FUNERAL SERVICE
Venue: Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos.
DATE: Friday, 3 Oct. 2014.

-Interment follows immediately after the Funeral Service at the Ikoyi Vault and Gardens.

-Reception at the Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos after the Interment.

Announcer: Directorate of Army Public Relations.

Source: Nigerian Tribune, Wednesday, 1 Oct. 2014. Page 41.

11 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
Seun, Mukina2, Mynd44, OAM4J and Afam4ever, na front page material be this.

13 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Energito: 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
This nonsense on FP?are you ok son.
OrlandoOwoh: Seun, Mukina2, Mynd44, OAM4J and Afam4ever, na front page material be this.

9 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by LordMecuzy(m): 5:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mtscheeeeeew

1 Like

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Chaleeee: 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
Front page!!!

2 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
One started the civil war while the Other stopped it.

Both deserve Military/National burials.

Fair enough!

17 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by BlackTechnology: 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
Well he deserves it just the way my hero Ojukwu deserved his

3 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
BlackTechnology: Well he deserves it just the way my hero Ojukwu deserved his
Timehin: One started the civil war while the Other stopped it.
Both deserve Military/National burials.
Fair enough!

He is getting a burial finito.

3 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Omololu007(m): 6:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. KTJ Minimah on behalf of officers and soldiers of the Nigerian Army regrets to announce the death of Brigadier General Benjamin Adesanya Maja Adekunle (RTD) (Black Scorpion)
26 July 1937 - 13 September, 2014.

*LYING IN STATE

*SERVICE OF SONGS
Time: 5:00pm.

*FUNERAL SERVICE
Venue: Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos.
DATE: Friday, 3 Oct. 2014.

-Interment follows immediately after the Funeral Service at the Ikoyi Vault and Gardens.

-Reception at the Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos after the Interment.

Announcer: Directorate of Army Public Relations.

Source: Nigerian Tribune, Wednesday, 1 Oct. 2014. Page 41.
dats nice,,9th brigade should also b rename Benjamin maja adekunle barrack ikeja

2 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by BlackTechnology: 6:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:

Pls explain further

I do not understand the word finito
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by DONGOYARO1: 6:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nice one
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
BlackTechnology:
Pls explain further
I do not understand the word finito
He is getting a yoruba APC burial finito.

op source please or it is just another APC ...

2 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:

1 Like

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by BOAR: 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nice one coming from the Nigerian Army.

If Ojukwu ( a Biafran) can be given a national burial despite his rebellion against the Nigeria state, this Nigerian hero deserved more.

9 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
[quote author=barcanista][/quote]

It is not too late to dump him into the sea like they did Osama Bin Laden.

8 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by donphilopus: 6:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
Energito: This nonsense on FP?are you ok son.

Nonsense?! Oops, I've forgotten he did more harm than good [from your own perspective though] to your people when he was alive. Merely seeing his name gives you restless days and sleepless nights!

RIP, to a great man!

6 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
donphilopus:
Nonsense?! Oops, I've forgotten he did more harm than good [from your own perspective though] to your people when he was alive. Merely seeing his name gives you restless days and sleepless nights!
RIP, to a great man!

And are u in any way today better than the people he did harm to? Wat is the life expectancy in yorubaland and compare to the people of the east?

This is why u are bitter and remain backward. Go ahead and celebrate criminal.

First picture is Ibadan and second is onitsha...

13 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by BOAR: 6:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:

And are u in any way today better than the people he did harm to? Wat is the life expectancy in yorubaland and compare to the people of the east?

Go and kill yourself, he will be given a national burial by the Nigerian government that he served meritoriously, if that break your heart, kill yourself.

15 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
BOAR:
Go and kill yourself, he will be given a national burial by the Nigerian government that he served meritoriously, if that break your heart, kill yourself.
Source or lies (all lies)

3 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by donphilopus: 6:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:

I don't engage people like you who know nothing. In case you don't know, I'm not from the west. So, you can take your frustration outta here!

7 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
@donphilopus or Boar or watever else u call urself continue to wallow in bigotry.

I am done here with a little child with many monikers...

7 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OneNaira6: 6:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:
Source or lies (all lies)

Wasting your time asking for source. I just Google each paragraph including the title hoping to find where the article came from. Na only NL Google can find. Don't waste your time.

6 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by BOAR: 6:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe: @donphilopus or Boar or watever else u call urself continue to wallow in bigotry.

I am done here with a little child with many monikers...

A mix of hatred and delusion can only lead to a very short lifespan.

Fool!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
BOAR:

eediot

2 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Omololu007: dats nice,,9th brigade should also b rename Benjamin maja adekunle barrack ikeja
Gbam.
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:
He is getting a yoruba APC burial finito.

op source please or it is just another APC ...
Page 41 Nigerian Tribune.
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
BOAR: Nice one coming from the Nigerian Army.

If Ojukwu ( a Biafran) can be given a national burial despite his rebellion against the Nigeria state, this Nigerian hero deserved more.
The irony of the whole thing is that it was never debated whether or not Adekunle should be given a state burial. The Nigerian Army is aware that the Black Scorpion was a hero.

3 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:

It is not too late to dump him into the sea like they did Osama Bin Laden.
You're warned, don't tribalize this thread.

6 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
I thought he was dismissed in the army or did he retire? Anyway,whichever way they want to bury him,e no consign me.

RIP to him and my condolences to his family.
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Ghost01(m): 7:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
He served his fatherland with his life on the line, it is right for his fatherland to honour him. It's like they say, "give honour to whom honour is due."

1 Like

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
berem: I thought he was dismissed in the army or did he retire? Anyway,whichever way they want to bury him,e no consign me.

RIP to him and my condolences to his family.
He was not dismissed, but given compulsory retirement.

3 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
He was not dismissed, but given compulsory retirement.
then he deserves a military burial then.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

98% Of Documents In Crude Sale Transactions Fake - NNPC / Apc Sweeps 27 Jigawa Lg Council Poll, As Pdp, Sdp Kick / FG To Disband FRSC, Christians Pilgrimage, Hajj Commission, Five Other Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.