Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office (40098 Views)

Shiite Members Threw Back Tear Gas At Policemen And It Led To Shooting / Police Fire Tear Gas On Anti-tinubu Protesters In Lagos / Police Attempting To Kill Dino Melaye With Tear Gas In His House – Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Honestey: 9:20pm On Feb 23
There is freedom o choice during voting but there is no freedom for whatever comes after. Oya cough, sneeze run
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by israelmao(m): 9:20pm On Feb 23
The land of plenty,blessed by God but plundered by many leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Crowntop94: 9:27pm On Feb 23
santaclaws:
Just witnessing this right now... All because of cheap rice that's not even enough to go round πŸ˜’

It is believed that people queuing to buy the N10k rice got frustrated when the queue was too much and some of them pulled down the gate of the Nigerian customs. Still, I don't believe this justifies tear-gassing people, some of which were nursing mothers who came with their infants.

Two people have allegedly lost their lives as per news circulating around the customs office.
They deserve to be treated like that, small opportunity given to you and you destroyed the gate. Foolish people.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Maxtipulation(m): 9:28pm On Feb 23
Kai... Ronu's are going through a lot right now

Guy's if you see a ronu give them a hug it's not easy from flogging, tear gas, protest to ebin pa wa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by mastermaestro(m): 9:29pm On Feb 23
immortalcrown:
I don't fan the custom unit but I admit that average Nigerians abuse almost everything and make life difficult for themselves and for others.

Maybe custom had a good reason to teargas them. Maybe custom didn't have a good reason to do so.

Nigerians hate law and order. Na so them be wan tear my shirt today where we go do small charity of sharing jollof rice. People would not just maintain a simple queue. I was irritated at a point. But thank GOD we did our little bit. grin
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Barcalee: 9:29pm On Feb 23
Some will still go and sell at exorbitant prices to others.... Nigeria we are our own problems
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by agabusta: 9:31pm On Feb 23
immortalcrown:
I don't fan the custom unit but I admit that average Nigerians abuse almost everything and make life difficult for themselves and for others.

Maybe custom had a good reason to teargas them. Maybe custom didn't have a good reason to do so.

Everybody na thief for Naija. The customs people will even instigate crises so as to codedly go with all the food
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:34pm On Feb 23
PointZerom:
Deceivers.
You seized someone's goods and sold it at cheaper rate to another.

You can't sell your dog and buy a monkey without expecting a squatting animal in your house.

Sold it cheaper you say? 10kg for #10,000... That's #50,000 for 50kg, for rice that you don't know how long it has been in their storage

According to reports, some states sell at that rate for good quality rice... Considering the purpose it's supposed to serve and the way it was gotten, I won't necessarily term it "cheap"
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Paramount01(m): 9:35pm On Feb 23
Aliyu55:
WHEN IS THE PROTEST THAT WILL LEAD TO A REVOLUTION START IN NIGERIA?

You can start it
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by YourKarma: 9:35pm On Feb 23
AllenSpencer:
β€œ It is believed that people queuing to buy the N10k rice got frustrated when the queue was too much and some of them pulled down the gate of the Nigerian customs.”

The custom did what was best. Why should people pull down the gate. The crowd definitely outnumbered the number of available resources, and some hoodlums had to pull the gate.

Anywhere in the world, same action would have triggered such occurrence.

We don’t have to blame government parastatals for everything.
it's extremely heartless and wicked of you to call them hoodlums. Would these people be queuing there if things were better in this country? APC's devilish policies have impoverished the masses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by a4cube: 9:36pm On Feb 23
santaclaws:

Because he was putting on an Igbo attire. He wore Isiagu and curved shoes to collect 10k rice...

Ikemefuna don tire for everyday akpu. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I hope the teargas did not choke you like emilokan is choking you all right now. Last week you collected Kate for bread, today is teargas for rice, becareful next one maybe bullet for Ewa or Amala. Just becareful Emilokan need your vote for 2027.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by AllenSpencer: 9:38pm On Feb 23
YourKarma:

it's extremely heartless and wicked of you to call them hoodlums. Would these people be queuing there if things were better in this country? APC's devilish policies have impoverished the masses

What do you call people who tear down the gate of an establishment? Prophets?

And was expected from the customs? They should have shot at the violators, right?
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Fujiyama: 9:39pm On Feb 23
Walai:
Mehn army no get level again at all.

^^^
If they once had 'level' it wasn't properly acquired...and as such its purpose was unknown. And you know what they say about anything whose purpose is unknown...

Walai:
So sad, if you lived in the baracks in the 80s and 90s you will understand. The uniform alone dey cause traffic standstill then

^^^
That time is gone, never to return.

We are in this mess today partly because of the 'barracks people' and what they did to this country in the 80s and 90s.

The economy is humbling everyone now. It doesn't care if you wear khaki or ankara.

Nigeria is hard for everybody.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Nauttyprof(m): 9:43pm On Feb 23
Aliyu55:
WHEN IS THE PROTEST THAT WILL LEAD TO A REVOLUTION START IN NIGERIA?

Don't ask when. You can start it. Stop waiting for others. We love pushing others to do things but sit at home fueling it
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by santaclaws: 9:48pm On Feb 23
a4cube:
I [b]hope the teargas did not choke you like emilokan is choking you all right now. [/b]Last week you collected Kate for bread, today is teargas for rice, becareful next one maybe bullet for Ewa or Amala. Just becareful Emilokan need your vote for 2027.

Na my Ikemefuna joke pain you like this? Small joke una go say una dey pack go Biafra land.

Oya sorry... πŸ₯΄πŸ˜‚
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by hedonister: 9:49pm On Feb 23
I saw shege because of bag of rice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPnLwq5jSeI
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Akujuriobi: 9:50pm On Feb 23
Which good gesture? people seize goods. Given the customs the opportunity to share the majority of the rice seize to themselves.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Intergrated: 9:52pm On Feb 23
nurric:
I believe by now Peter has learnt his lessons. 8 more years to Jagaban the master strategist. Na for your mandate we stan gidigba
lol he is learning the lessons from the people over there.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Fujiyama: 9:56pm On Feb 23
chidiokay:
But when these same Nigerians go abroad, the way dey conform to civility go shock you

^^^
They conform because they don't have a choice.

There are places that don't play around with rules. They don't faff about. If you break their laws they'll make you wish you had never been born. Rule breakers (Nigerians and whoever) who choose not to obey the system in these places will soon come to a painful, deeply personal understanding of the reasons why rules are rules.

1 Like

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by skywalker240(m): 10:00pm On Feb 23
Crimecity:

If this is happening in Abia or Imo, what will you call the people ?

The last time I checked, you all said Lagos is Yoruba land. Has that changed?
Don't take those double faced double mouth trb seriously

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:00pm On Feb 23
santaclaws:

Don't make fun of anyone. Yorubas, Igbos and Hausas were there... In fact, you don't know if the allegedly dead persons were Igbo.

If you throw a stone into the marketplace it might hit your family member. Be careful with your words. Shalom. ✌🏾

Keep kwayet there!!! Ignoramus
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Walexx6691(m): 10:10pm On Feb 23
Crimecity:

Yoruba people don suffer well well for Tinupoo handπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Despite Awa lokan

Is only Yoruba people that live in that area abi? common sense no dey common ooo.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by PastorOlokonla: 10:14pm On Feb 23
Customs will sell it to themselves via proxy or to friends/family members.

That is what a typical Nigerian would do and have been doing.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Tealcrestmedia(m): 10:27pm On Feb 23
It's like the mandate dey choke the SW pass cry
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Tealcrestmedia(m): 10:28pm On Feb 23
Walexx6691:

Is only Yoruba people that live in that area abi? common sense no dey common ooo.

Oh now it's no longer like election, when you claimed land owners and chased other tribes away from the polling unit? Interesting.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Broveens42(m): 10:32pm On Feb 23
Googledotcom:
What a national shame !

I will destroy nija with the tuth~ MNk grin
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by sonnie10: 10:37pm On Feb 23
I suspect that this rice was imported by customs at duty/levy free, since they are incharge of those payments anywhere.

10kg of rice from Cotonou, duty free to Nigeria can never be up to 10k naira.

In essence, customs is making profit and deceiving Nigerian.

Well , it looks like some are happy with it.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by yeshuasfootstep(m): 10:42pm On Feb 23
Beating for bread, teargas for rice.
Please make Una pity them small.

I hope they've learnt their lessons by now.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by a4cube: 10:52pm On Feb 23
santaclaws:

Na my Ikemefuna joke pain you like this? Small joke una go say una dey pack go Biafra land.

Oya sorry... πŸ₯΄πŸ˜‚
Becareful of Bullet for Amala. Your mama still love though you are useless to her.

If rice is your problem, I have a bag of foreign rice for you free.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by soccerlite: 11:02pm On Feb 23
Open the borders let staple food come in - No

Develop a app for sale of grain that govt said it has released as palliative for the public- No

apc has come to kill, steal and destroy
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by nero2face: 11:09pm On Feb 23
immortalcrown:

Put away sentiment and the ill feeling about Tinubu's regime, if you have served Nigerians in things that require them to queue, you will understand how impatient and crazy they can be in such situations.

very careless talk, if u had left the shores of nigeria to see how things are done in other countries u will understand we endure and cope with a lot, try this in South Africa and they'll raze the office
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by immortalcrown(m): 11:12pm On Feb 23
nero2face:
very careless talk, if u had left the shores of nigeria to see how things are done in other countries u will understand we endure and cope with a lot, try this in South Africa and they'll raze the office
I have been to other countries and their average citizens are more civil than average Nigerians. I have been to an African country where drivers obey traffic lights without using car horns, not even a white man's country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 / Atiku Reacts To Photos Of Rice With His 2019 Campaign Poster Printed On It / Mohammed Abba Kidnapped As ISWAP Attacks Bambula, Chibok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.