Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office (40096 Views)

Shiite Members Threw Back Tear Gas At Policemen And It Led To Shooting / Police Fire Tear Gas On Anti-tinubu Protesters In Lagos / Police Attempting To Kill Dino Melaye With Tear Gas In His House – Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Autobot05: 11:13pm On Feb 23
Nice development and good for them
I saw what they did around that area during the last elections . 🧃 Agbado kee Una there

1 Like

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Crimecity: 11:18pm On Feb 23
Agbegbaorogboye:

I thought you said Igbos own almost all the land in Lagos. Has that changed?

Are you now saying Lagos isn't Yorubaland anymore? Say your truth now o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by 360Master: 11:20pm On Feb 23
immortalcrown:
I don't fan the custom unit but I admit that average Nigerians abuse almost everything and make life difficult for themselves and for others.

Put away sentiment and the ill feeling about Tinubu's regime, if you have served Nigerians in things that require them to queue, you will understand how impatient and crazy they can be in such situations.

Maybe custom had a good reason to teargas them. Maybe custom didn't have a good reason to do so.

You have no idea extent poverty can impact people’s ability to think humanly. If the customs had initiated a well organized structure of distributing the items I believe there will not be anything of this.

You’re very right about your opinion of majority of Nigerians inability to be orderly. Example is during the fuel scarcity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by immortalcrown(m): 11:22pm On Feb 23
360Master:
You have no idea extent poverty can impact people’s ability to think humanly. If the customs had initiated a well organized structure of distributing the items I believe there will not be anything of this.

You’re very right about your opinion of majority of Nigerians inability to be orderly. Example is during the fuel scarcity.
Keep blaming poverty for everything. Average Nigerians cause nuisance in banks because of queue. Average Nigerians use car horns before traffic lights turn green. Even Nigerian politicians that feed well beat traffic in Nigeria. Keep blaming poverty.

1 Like

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by lastempero: 11:34pm On Feb 23
immortalcrown:
I don't fan the custom unit but I admit that average Nigerians abuse almost everything and make life difficult for themselves and for others.

Put away sentiment and the ill feeling about Tinubu's regime, if you have served Nigerians in things that require them to queue, you will understand how impatient and crazy they can be in such situations.

Maybe custom had a good reason to teargas them. Maybe custom didn't have a good reason to do so.

Until your leaders starts behaving the average hungry nigerian will always act that way. If your leader encourages you to grab power n run with it why not grab a bag of rice.
The same Nigerians will travel abroad and obey every rules n regulations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Walexx6691(m): 11:37pm On Feb 23
Tealcrestmedia:

Oh now it's no longer like election, when you claimed land owners and chased other tribes away from the polling unit? Interesting.

Oga will are not talking about election here...
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by YourKarma: 12:04am On Feb 24
AllenSpencer:

What do you call people who tear down the gate of an establishment? Prophets?

And was expected from the customs? They should have shot at the violators, right?

You're calling them hoodlums, and that's wrong.
Also, where did you get this nonsense of "shooting at the violators?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Saidfx(m): 12:24am On Feb 24
It justifies the tear ⛽ if true. Nigerians hate orderliness. Kudos to the federal government for this and how I wish more tons would be seized to go round to the needy. No more smuggled food to Niger!

We move!

1 Like

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by 234daniel2010(m): 12:51am On Feb 24
santaclaws:

Don't make fun of anyone. Yorubas, Igbos and Hausas were there... In fact, you don't know if the allegedly dead persons were Igbo.

If you throw a stone into the marketplace it might hit your family member. Be careful with your words. Shalom. ✌🏾

You think Igbos will go this low to go beg for rice, you must be joking.

1 Like

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Hollumedeyyy: 1:02am On Feb 24
Another 4+4 from Jagaba.... Revolution now or continue with your hunger
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Desusi: 3:12am On Feb 24
Aliyu55:
WHEN IS THE PROTEST THAT WILL LEAD TO A REVOLUTION START IN NIGERIA?
I beg? Na him l dey wait for now oo.This must be done on a grand style.NLC have failed Nigerians
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by RosyIsBlessed: 3:46am On Feb 24
When I watched the video online of the crowd queuing up for cheap rice I knew there'll be problems. I saw many women with babies on their backs, felt like telling them to go back for the sake of their babies before they'll push them down, but I couldn't as I was only watching it online.

With that crowd I knew the rice wouldn't go round and would likely cause pandemonium onto hungry and angry citizens of the country.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by RosyIsBlessed: 3:49am On Feb 24
234daniel2010:

You think Igbos will go this low to go beg for rice, you must be joking.

Onto say the Igbos are not facing same thing as other Nigerians or werin. The Igbos wey like cheap free things pass any tribe for Nigeria.

Abegi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by okoroemeka(m): 4:10am On Feb 24
Seunpapa65:
Jesus cause of rice person go die
it is a lot to die for in Nigeria these days,before the year runs out a battle maybe fought over a carton of indomie,the red flags was there for us to see,we have the chance,we have the choice but tribalism,bigotry and nepotism took over people's emotions
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Airoflaw(m): 4:56am On Feb 24
Crimecity:

If this is happening in Abia or Imo, what will you call the people ?

The last time I checked, you all said Lagos is Yoruba land. Has that changed?
I usually i don't do tribal but recently Igbos has been annoying, like it only them that voted Peter obi. Change your thinking bro. Obi is not a Saint either
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Asswipemod: 5:02am On Feb 24
PointZerom:
Deceivers.
You seized someone's goods and sold it at cheaper rate to another.

You can't sell your dog and buy a monkey without expecting a squatting animal in your house.

Bounty Wailer!
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Asswipemod: 5:05am On Feb 24
Hollumedeyyy:
Another 4+4 from Jagaba.... Revolution now or continue with your hunger

All this just to write Olumide? Which revolution? Some of you mooks would end up like endsars victims.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:37am On Feb 24
Crimecity:

Are you now saying Lagos isn't Yorubaland anymore? Say your truth now o
Are you now saying igbos don't own almost all the lands in Lagos? Say your truth now o
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by youngmightabbey: 5:47am On Feb 24
Why would they have to pull down the gate?
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by iyke2frankeze: 5:54am On Feb 24
All Nairaland urchins are there fighting to eat for the first time since election day.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Cromagnon: 6:38am On Feb 24
Aliyu55:
Keep dreaming. As you no get liver to start na so all Nigerians de form wiseguy de wait for maga to Sacrificed themselves like nnamdi kanu and Sunday ibgoho
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Exousiang01(m): 6:39am On Feb 24
SoNature:
Despite the population of Nigeria, Nigerian security operatives don't understand anything about crowd control.

Everyone must be mindful of attending any events that involved armed men in Nigeria because it doesn't always end well.
This has nothing to do with lack of understanding of crowd control.
If you try pulling down a gate in the US custom you won't be teargassed you will be shot instantly, let's be reasonable and not emotional, how stupid can on be to want to pull down the gate of a military zone.
For me the tear gas is a mild punishment, if you don't know, this would have been viewed as an attack on the customs in the Western world, the same western world you feel understand crowd control.....

In summary, their uniform men don't understand crowed control better than our men do, difference is their people follow rule and don't behave like wild animal, people would stay on a queue when asked to do so, not in Nigeria.
Una no dey travel.
Go and pull down the gate of any military base in the world and see if you won't get a head shot instantly.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Exousiang01(m): 6:47am On Feb 24
AllenSpencer:
“ It is believed that people queuing to buy the N10k rice got frustrated when the queue was too much and some of them pulled down the gate of the Nigerian customs.”

The custom did what was best. Why should people pull down the gate. The crowd definitely outnumbered the number of available resources, and some hoodlums had to pull the gate.

Anywhere in the world, same action would have triggered such occurrence.

We don’t have to blame government parastatals for everything.

The customs should actually be commended. Nigerians behave like wild animals.
Anyone for any reason who pulls down the gate of a custom base in the US would get a headshot from the tower guards instantly, because the act would be seen as an attack on the base and the headshot would be justified.
Some people are saying our inform men don't understand crowed control like those in the west, do the crowd in the west act this way?
People behave properly here. Tell a Nigerian to form a queue, return there in 5 minutes you will find 3 queue and a fight

1 Like

Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by ozo13(m): 7:09am On Feb 24
Seunpapa65:
Jesus cause of rice person go die
the picture above your comment , is that not a military personnel holding rice.chai the picture speak get volume abeg.GOD help us
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Lavor234: 7:10am On Feb 24
E be like say the prayers of the people whose rice were auctioned dey work. 7 dead now
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Lovit(m): 8:02am On Feb 24
santaclaws:

This is what shows how ignorant most of you are.
I took the pictures myself, whilst I was in my vehicle, I personally saw an Igbo man sprayed with dirty water by the Customs and was unable to buy rice, several Igbos were there.

Yoruba, Igbo & Hausa folks were there but somehow you tribalists think you are free to insult everyone cos Obi didn't win despite the heavy Yoruba votes in Lagos.

Well, common sense isn't common after all.

So you went there to beg for Rice? I thought APC supporters buys at N8,000 per bag without queuing at Government house?

Who now is being taught a lesson?

Ebin pawa eeeeeh! lol
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Seunpapa65: 8:04am On Feb 24
okoroemeka:
it is a lot to die for in Nigeria these days,before the year runs out a battle maybe fought over a carton of indomie,the red flags was there for us to see,we have the chance,we have the choice but tribalism,bigotry and nepotism took over people's emotions
The will call you an enemy of Nigeria now everyone is collecting wotowoto no one is left out, I don't know how Nigerian think self now the are complaining for someone you voted by yourself the will still be calling God too like who does that.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Seunpapa65: 8:05am On Feb 24
Lovit:

So you went there to beg for Rice? I thought APC supporters buys at N8,000 per bag without queuing at Government house?

Who now is being taught a lesson?

Ebin pawa eeeeeh! lol
Don't be surprised most of them dey there
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Sunnyski: 8:06am On Feb 24
I hope the people that died were pro-Tifnububu
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by Crimecity: 8:17am On Feb 24
Airoflaw:
I usually i don't do tribal but recently Igbos has been annoying, like it only them that voted Peter obi. Change your thinking bro. Obi is not a Saint either

Na that annoyance go kpai you finally.
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by pacespot(m): 8:38am On Feb 24
Aliyu55:

Only a fool will join such protest in the current Nigeria
Re: Customs Officials Tear Gas People At Onike/Yaba Office by membranus: 8:38am On Feb 24
Goodday90:
Tinubu,on your manhood we shall stand

TinuBaby, we love you die!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner / Atiku Reacts To Photos Of Rice With His 2019 Campaign Poster Printed On It / Mohammed Abba Kidnapped As ISWAP Attacks Bambula, Chibok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.