Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

"Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information (14404 Views)

Banditry: We’re Reaping What We Sowed – Bishop Kukah / Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal / Femi Fani-Kayode To Emir Sanusi: You Are Reaping What You Sowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by okechuks22: 11:02am On Feb 26
The same story buhari use to hold Nigeria till his 8 years finish
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by COP419(m): 11:02am On Feb 26
MikoB:
Great, every economy reform all over the world always come with some inconveniences and after sometimes the positive impacts will be noticed, but the only fear I have with nigerias' own is that the gains from the inconveniences might might by misused and embezzled by the same people that brought the reforms.
Anyway, let us all give Tinubu a little more time, he might surprise all of us,because these reforms are the only way to go, if you desire better infrastructure and development.

I totally agree some reforms do come with inconveniences but this same Tinubu, Buhari, Falana, Soyinka and co marched out to the streets in 2012 when President Jonathan wanted to remove this same subsidy. That’s way before the chaos that’s affecting the world at the moment. The stress would have been alot easier at the time don’t you think?

3 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by oxiide22(m): 11:03am On Feb 26
dominique:
Hopefully the average Nigerians will start feeling the impact of these reforms.
this thread violate rule 10 kindly take it down

www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/8011516/reason-should-not-date-lady/1#128645441">https://https-www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/8011516/reason-should-not-date-lady/1#128645441
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:03am On Feb 26
MikoB:
Great, every economy reform all over the world always come with some inconveniences and after sometimes the positive impacts will be noticed, but the only fear I have with nigerias' own is that the gains from the inconveniences might might by misused and embezzled by the same people that brought the reforms.
Anyway, let us all give Tinubu a little more time, he might surprise all of us,because these reforms are the only way to go, if you desire better infrastructure and development.

Thank God you said might, cos am yet to see price of commodities drop. We need something that will reach the common man not his cohorts

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by chukwuoke(m): 11:03am On Feb 26
Pogba12:
Courtesy: Federal Ministry of Information

No be to show us charts up and down make we see the benefits on us citizens.
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by oxiide22(m): 11:04am On Feb 26
dominique:
Hopefully the average Nigerians will start feeling the impact of these reforms.
this thread violate rule 10 kindly take it down

www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/8011516/reason-should-not-date-lady/1#128645441">https://https-www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/8011516/reason-should-not-date-lady/1#128645441

Thanks
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Ashirioluwa: 11:05am On Feb 26
Most Nigerians can’t afford to eat one meal per day, but you’re here talking about benefits of reform. We need to stop deceiving ourselves.

Bullshit story

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by lexy2014: 11:05am On Feb 26
Kingrshd3:

Is because u don't understand the meaning of reform ..

When rice and petrol was sold at 6k and 180 naira is because of the subsidy which d federal government have been borrowing to service for year ...

So do u want Tinubu to keep borrowing because u want to buy cheap items in the market till Jesus come 😲😳

When will Nigeria be like America 🤔
When will Nigeria become China 🤔.when will Nigeria bcom great like Japan 🤔

So subsidy removal was the issue we are facing and they are working to cushion it as time flies ...

So don't comment like someone that didn't attend highs school

pls what is the meaning of reform?

what exactly is being reformed?

is it because of subsidy that rice was being sold for 6k?

was it only because of subsidy that Nigeria was borrowing?

when subsidy on diesel and kerosene was removed, did it stop borrowing?

since Tinubu removed subsidy on fuel, did it stop him from borrowing?

how is fuel subsidy the only issue that Nigeria was facing?

since it has been removed, has that solved all Nigeria's problems?

how are they working to cushion the effect of fuel subsidy?

3 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Mrtaye: 11:06am On Feb 26
MikoB:
The people don't have to pay will be their lives for a reform that they didn't instigate
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Akalia(m): 11:08am On Feb 26
Bloody liars. Any statistics coming from any one of Tinubu's government is propaganda.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by spiSeyi: 11:08am On Feb 26
gratiaeo:
No matter how you propagated this failed government reality will always strike you at face.
How do you tell average Nigeria that a bag of rice is now N70000, cement N11000, a bottle of beer N700 minimal, Iron rods N950000 a ton, egg N150, bread N2000.
You are telling a man that went to bed with an empty stomach that Tinubu reform is paying off
Rome is not built in a day ogbeni and you can't expect the rot in the Nigeria economy since late 70s to be fixed within a few months. China, Singapore, Israel, France and S.Korea undergone economic reforms and experienced more than what we are facing as a nation during their time. And look at what they are today, no pain no gain.
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by babeface3: 11:08am On Feb 26
MikoB:

Gibberish. Looks like a paid memo. Populism gone awry. Incongruent nonsense.

By the way, why did this make NL front page. I am just passing cos I'm a full time quoran.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by chaloskyx: 11:08am On Feb 26
lol and which nigerian is benefiting drim the reform...let me think ah yes! our politicians🤣😅😅
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by michoim(m): 11:09am On Feb 26
Nonsense propaganda from an incompetent government...
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by jaxxy(m): 11:09am On Feb 26
Criminals
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Spuggie: 11:11am On Feb 26
Bluntemperor:

Some haters, elections losers and Social Media Agents and Footsoldiers,will soon invade the tred, because their Parties is not in Power,then no matter the good intentions of the Govt,just rubbish it!!
That is how they want to play the opposition's role- no better suggestion,but Condemnations all the time!
That is how we role in Nigeria!

We don't seem to get what you are saying. Hopefully, correct spellings and punctuations might actually help.
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Westman001: 11:11am On Feb 26
MikoB:

Could you, to buttress your points, please...

... give examples of countries that had economy reforms and experienced inconveniences in lieu of that.

You could as well help us with the strategy of the economy reforms those countries implemented. How they go about it.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Prigidypogodo(f): 11:12am On Feb 26
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu

I Love Nigeria
you love Drugnibù
you hate Nigeria
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by lexy2014: 11:12am On Feb 26
MikoB:

can you tell us the reforms all over the world that "come with some inconveniences and after sometimes the positive impacts will be noticed"?

is Tinubu and the political leaders of Nigeria going thru the inconvenience of the so called "economy reforms"?

if you are still talking about "economy reforms", which one did Buhari do for 8years that him and his asslickers said to justify his incompetence as u are doing for Tinubu now?

what are "the gains from the inconveniences might might by misused and embezzled by the same people that brought the reforms"?

if they are bringing reforms and u are praising them, how then will the same people you are praising now misuse and embezzle the gains of the reforms?

does that make sense?

how are the reforms the only way to go? can you explain in the detail these reforms that are the only way to go?

how is better infrastructure and development dependent on these reforms?

all the governors, the president and legislators all bought new cars. why did they not wait for reforms before buying new cars?

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Ashirioluwa: 11:14am On Feb 26
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu

I Love Nigeria

That’s your choice, and there’s no problem about that.

All I know is that his policies are not working for us.
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by MrBONE2(m): 11:15am On Feb 26
keymatt:
This one is busy defending failure on empty stomach. grin grin
Don't worry, hunger is still doing pressup on your case.

On my BaTu Bullion Vans I stand Bwana grin

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Mrtaye: 11:16am On Feb 26
Kingrshd3:

Is because u don't understand the meaning of reform ..

When rice and petrol was sold at 6k and 180 naira is because of the subsidy which d federal government have been borrowing to service for year ...

So do u want Tinubu to keep borrowing because u want to buy cheap items in the market till Jesus come 😲😳

When will Nigeria be like America 🤔
When will Nigeria become China 🤔.when will Nigeria bcom great like Japan 🤔

So subsidy removal was the issue we are facing and they are working to cushion it as time flies ...

So don't comment like someone that didn't attend highs school
Your argument is not tenable because Nigerians ab initio were not the cause of the reforms so why must I suffer for some people's problems
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by lexy2014: 11:16am On Feb 26
spiSeyi:

Rome is not built in a day ogbeni and you can't expect the rot in the Nigeria economy since late 70s to be fixed within a few months. China, Singapore, Israel, France and S.Korea undergone economic reforms and experienced more than what we are facing as a nation during their time. And look at what they are today, no pain no gain.

what is the rot in the nigerian economy and who is responsible for the rot?

which reform was buhari doing for 8years as a excuse for the suffering he put Nigerians thru that u are still singing the same song again?

which reforms did China, Singapore, Israel, France and S.Korea? can you explain them in detail?

when you say "no pain no gain", is Tinubu going thru the pain?

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by ufotunang: 11:17am On Feb 26
The reform that is causing more pains hardship hunger.,.. indomie noodles is now 500 naira before it was 150 naira
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by MrBONE2(m): 11:18am On Feb 26
Kingrshd3:
I am still BATIFIED

grin

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by spiSeyi: 11:19am On Feb 26
chikason22:
Let someone wake me up when APC apologists start eating grass and millipedes for food everyday, twice on Mondays till the quench.
Nigeria is not Biafla Mr. Man and this can only happen in Biafra, history have it that this is what Biafrans ate when coward Ojukwu ran into hidden grin
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by MikoB: 11:19am On Feb 26
Westman001:

Give examples of countries that had economy reforms and experienced inconveniences in lieu of that.

You could as well help us with the strategy of the economy reforms those countries implemented. How they go by it.

Almost all developed countries go through this always, but let me give you some recent examples, Greece went through a worse reform thar affected almost every sector in the country ,Google is your friend if you want to know more abt it , and I can you tell you now Greece is stabilised. France went through economy reforms in Macron's first year, unemployment was about 10%when he came in but after the reforms unemployment went down to 7% as I am typing now. Do you think Tinubu will just wake up and infringe economy woes on people without any reason? Let me tell you, Nigeria budget is less than 30trillion naira, which is nothing, if we want to develop as a nation, the govt needs more money to provide all these basic amenities we all clamour for.
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Westman001: 11:23am On Feb 26
spiSeyi:

Good, you've mentioned some countries.

You could as well help us with the strategy of the economy reforms those countries implemented. How they go about it?

You can elaborate on how they experienced more than what we are having currently in Nigeria.

You mentioned some powerful developed countries. Please, the economy reforms you think Nigeria is having now, do you think in the next 3-5 years we could as well have a developed nation like the one you mentioned or rather still be in line to such growth.
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by FLYFIRE(m): 11:23am On Feb 26
keymatt:
This one is busy defending failure on empty stomach. grin grin
Don't worry, hunger is still doing pressup on your case.
And they are the ones that beg for help here wth new monikers. Take a look at those seeking help here, they are all new monikers
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by spiSeyi: 11:25am On Feb 26
lexy2014:

what is the rot in the nigerian economy and who is responsible for the rot?

which reform was buhari doing for 8years as a excuse for the suffering he put Nigerians thru that u are still singing the same song again?

which reforms did China, Singapore, Israel, France and S.Korea? can you explain them in detail?

when you say "no pain no gain", is Tinubu going thru the pain?

Go and read history, Nigeria was better than this countries till late 70s to the extent that Saudi king do come to UCH Ibadan for medical tourism undecided . If not for visionless leaders who said Nigeria has money but don't know how to spend it which was true during the oil boom in the 70s. Every country that went through economy reforms are faced with challenges at the early stage, Nigeria will pass through this and it will be great again
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Juniorangel(m): 11:26am On Feb 26
Reform wey no touch the middle class talk more of the lower class. Nonsense propaganda news...

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by lexy2014: 11:27am On Feb 26
spiSeyi:

Go and read history, Nigeria was better than this countries till late 70s to the extent that Saudi king do come to UCH Ibadan for medical tourism undecided . If not for visionless leaders who said Nigeria has money but don't know how to spend it which was true during the oil boom in the 70s. Every country that went through economy reforms are faced with challenges at the early stage, Nigeria will pass through this and it will be great again

that is not what I asked you.

1. what is the rot in the nigerian economy and who is responsible for the rot?

2. which reform was buhari doing for 8years as a excuse for the suffering he put Nigerians thru that u are still singing the same song again?

3. which reforms did China, Singapore, Israel, France and S.Korea? can you explain them in detail?

4. when you say "no pain no gain", is Tinubu going thru the pain?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Elections: FG Announces Closure Of Borders / EFCC Abandons Fani-Kayode Money Laundering Case / Venue For Stakeholders Meeting Of Entire Organs Of PDP Barricaded By Modu Sherif

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.