Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,259 members, 7,836,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

"Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information (14402 Views)

Banditry: We’re Reaping What We Sowed – Bishop Kukah / Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal / Femi Fani-Kayode To Emir Sanusi: You Are Reaping What You Sowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by spiSeyi: 11:29am On Feb 26
Westman001:

Good, you've mentioned some countries.

You could as well help us with the strategy of the economy reforms those countries implemented. How they go about it?

You can elaborate on how they experienced more than what we are having currently in Nigeria.

You mentioned some powerful developed countries. Please, the economy reforms you think Nigeria is having now, do you think in the next 3-5 years we could as well have a developed nation like the one you mentioned or rather still be in line to such growth.
Mr man it took Singapore 10yrs of economy reform to be what they are today and they didn't find it easy in those years to the extent they were eating bamboo trees as food, Israel didn't find it easy during reforms. It's too early to nailed PBAT to the cross, his policies are good and I see Nigeria bouncing back stronger in the next 2yrs cool

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Sirianese: 11:32am On Feb 26
chyzoo4u:
At last, we don dey chop statistics, as bag of rice is no more affordable.

True, they are now eating statistic after Tinubu deceived them grin

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by akyus(m): 11:37am On Feb 26
MikoB:
Great, every economy reform all over the world always come with some inconveniences and after sometimes the positive impacts will be noticed, but the only fear I have with nigerias' own is that the gains from the inconveniences might might by misused and embezzled by the same people that brought the reforms.
Anyway, let us all give Tinubu a little more time, he might surprise all of us,because these reforms are the only way to go, if you desire better infrastructure and development.
You seem insensitive to the plight of the poor. Even if every other aspect of the economy is not working due the "reform" one needs to be alive to reap the benefits thereafter. You will loss patience if you did not eat food for 2 day.
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Westman001: 11:38am On Feb 26
MikoB:

Almost all developed countries go through this always, but let me give you some recent examples, Greece went through a worse reform thar affected almost every sector in the country ,Google is your friend if you want to know more abt it , and I can you tell you now Greece is stabilised. France went through economy reforms in Macron's first year, unemployment was about 10%when he came in but after the reforms unemployment went down to 7% as I am typing now. Do you think Tinubu will just wake up and infringe economy woes on people without any reason? Let me tell you, Nigeria budget is less than 30trillion naira, which is nothing, if we want to develop as a nation, the govt needs more money to provide all these basic amenities we all clamour for.

France and Greece you mentioned especially France, is a developed country before Macron. What macron did was only reversed back to some already abandoned policy and try to advanced it in line with the current modern world and also in line with the future.

You should check their 18th and 19th century economy history of which was how they became a developed nation.

For a clue or hint, check on Singapore, the methodologies of Lee Kwan Yun. He transformed the economy of that country from very poor country to developed one.

Or you check Qatar or Saudi Arabia.

These countries, Singapore, Qatar, Saudi Arabia are countries that their status of developed is not up to a century, at least.
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Westman001: 11:42am On Feb 26
spiSeyi:

Mr man it took Singapore 10yrs of economy reform to be what they are today and they didn't find it easy in those years to the extent they were eating bamboo trees as food, Israel didn't find it easy during reforms. It's too early to nailed PBAT to the cross, his policies are good and I see Nigeria bouncing back stronger in the next 2yrs cool

They were eating bamboo trees... grin grin grin ROTFL

Wehdon!

And you think the reforms Tinubu is having now is just as perfect as the one they had in Singapore and Israel. The structure of the government, mentality and everything.

And lastly, it never took Singapore 10yrs of economy reform.
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by MikoB: 11:51am On Feb 26
Westman001:

France and Greece you mentioned especially France, is a developed country before Macron. What macron did was only reversed back to some already abandoned policy and try to advanced it in line with the current modern world and also in line with the future.

You should check their 18th and 19th century economy history of which was how they became a developed nation.

For a clue or hint, check on Singapore, the methodologies of Lee Kwan Yun. He transformed the economy of that country from very poor country to developed one.

Or you check Qatar or Saudi Arabia.

These countries, Singapore, Qatar, Saudi Arabia are countries that their status of developed is not up to a century, at least.
If you read my write up I laid emphasis on developed countries, that was why I mentioned france, and I am also telling you I am a dual citizen of both nigeria and france, the reforms macron introduced caused alot of protest and damages of govt properties, he did not revert to the old policies which the masses prefer because france is a welfare country, the masses wanted him to continue with policies of working less and earning more, france is the only country in western Europe with 35hours working time per week, france retirement age before reforms was 60 for majority of professions,there was increament in energy prices,before in france if you work just for three months you have right for 80% unemployment benefits for another 3 months, even if you don't work at all, you have right for a payment which is call RSA every month, but the reforms macron introduced stoped all these, and it wasn't easy in the beginning, but now france has been able to avoid recession consequtively and also brought down unemployment rate.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Laladre1: 12:02pm On Feb 26
MikoB:
Great, every economy reform all over the world always come with some inconveniences and after sometimes the positive impacts will be noticed, but the only fear I have with nigerias' own is that the gains from the inconveniences might might by misused and embezzled by the same people that brought the reforms.
Anyway, let us all give Tinubu a little more time, he might surprise all of us,because these reforms are the only way to go, if you desire better infrastructure and development.

I don't blame you, you're still been fed by your parents, so you have no fucking idea what hardship and poor Economic policies is all about.
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Laladre1: 12:05pm On Feb 26
spiSeyi:

Odee, omo ti won shin fun ni onje, you this modafucker was among the idiots criticizing Jonathan and Buhari during there time.
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Laladre1: 12:06pm On Feb 26
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu

I Love Nigeria

Suffer no dey tire you, anyway am sure you're still under your parents roof and they're still feeding you.
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Westman001: 12:08pm On Feb 26
MikoB:

If you read my write up I laid emphasis on developed countries, that was why I mentioned france, and I am also telling you I am a dual citizen of both nigeria and france, the reforms macron introduced caused alot of protest and damages of govt properties, he did not revert to the old policies which the masses prefer because france is a welfare country, the masses wanted him to continue with policies of working less and earning more, france is the only country in western Europe with 35hours working time per week, france retirement age before reforms was 60 for majority of professions,there was increament in energy prices,before in france if you work just for three months you have right for 80% unemployment benefits for another 3 months, even if you don't work at all, you have right for a payment which is call RSA every month, but the reforms macron introduced stoped all these, and it wasn't easy in the beginning, but now france has been able to avoid recession consequtively and also brought down unemployment rate.

As I've said earlier MikoB, the your points about France is still not a better one to use to compare the current economic situation of Nigeria. A very underdeveloped country. Far below to third world countries.

What you outlined above are just policy closing - The country stop most of their welfare policies. It does not move France from underdeveloped to a developed nation.

France was doing well as a country before they started the Welfare policy for citizens. Macron had to bring the country in line with the current world economy situations. World economy crash after COVID. Which make them avoid recession as you said.

And think of these, even when things were so easy and good in Nigeria, did the government of Nigeria have such welfare policies put in place for citizens. What does that tell you about the government we have in this country.
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by ProfDumbledor(m): 12:16pm On Feb 26
Has anyone noticed that the currently constituted NBS has been weaponized to be dishing out statistics that are favourable to Tinubu admistration and the South West? Let me stop here.
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by MikoB: 12:19pm On Feb 26
Westman001:

As I've said earlier MikoB, the your points about France is still not a better one to use to compare the current economic situation of Nigeria. A very underdeveloped country. Far below to third world countries.

What you outlined above are just policy closing - The country stop most of their welfare policies. It does not move France from underdeveloped to a developed nation.

France was doing well as a country before they started the Welfare policy for citizens. Macron had to bring the country in line with the current world economy situations. World economy crash after COVID. Which make them avoid recession as you said.

And think of these, even when things were so easy and good in Nigeria, did the government of Nigeria have such welfare policies put in place for citizens. What does that tell you about the government we have in this country.

I mentioned france because inconveniences and hardships are not friends to anyone or country, moreover countries like India, China, Malaysia etc that are still developing went through different economy reforms of their own, it might not be the same as nigeria's own, every country with her peculiarities, the reform Tinubu is embarking on now, should had been done decades ago with genuine intentions. Like I said nigeria needs more money for developments, if the govt can utilise the gains from this reform very well, it will be the beginning of our prosperities, a good infrastructure encourages productivity and productivity encourages enlargement and exportations all these put together make a good economy.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Truths9ja: 12:33pm On Feb 26
Pogba12:
Courtesy: Federal Ministry of Information
this is enormous, why is cost of living high in our society then
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by obi83l: 12:49pm On Feb 26
I am still BATIFIEDI am still BATIFIED...
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Sangoamadioha1: 1:09pm On Feb 26
Mcslize:
Sangoamadioha1 will never be affected by this. He is enjoying himself. He buys fuel at a lesser price of ₦200 per liter. He has nothing to worry about except Peter Obi who has always been his nightmare.

Tinubu 2027 in his mandate we stand.

It does not change the fact that Peter Obi is a fraud 😜
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by delkuf(m): 1:12pm On Feb 26
I want to ask spiseyi one question. Those countries you mentioned that went through reform that there had to endure, did there government embezzled money like the government of Nigeria are embezzling. The there government when they were going through the reform bought a car of 160 to there senate and house of rep members. Stop deceiving urselves. You want to reform and government is spending money lavishly. That reform will end up bringing pain like we are experiencing in Nigeria. When Singapore and other countries were going through there reform, they cut down there expenses. Look at what the government of Argentina did. The president just sworn in December having the same economical issues like Nigeria, started by cutting down the expenses of government. You are reforming and you are spending hugely on things not benefitting the original citizens. Look at how much is budget to maintain the presidential jet, it's in billions of naira. Why can't president tinubu fly commercial flight like the president of Argentina is doing to save up. Spiseyi, this government knows what is doing and we deserve to be where we are today. Stop defending nonsense

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by wiseoneking: 2:04pm On Feb 26
MikoB:
The way you said and also gave time to Bihari for eight good years. Your type have started again. Always fooled by any government.
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by MikoB: 2:14pm On Feb 26
wiseoneking:
The way you said and also gave time to Bihari for eight good years. Your type have started again. Always fooled by any government.

You dont know me, so don't judge me. Buhari never started like this, he only continued with the palliative economy we've be running from time immemorial, 2 years is not bad to give a govt before castigating it.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by COP419(m): 4:12pm On Feb 26
chukwuoke:

No be to show us charts up and down make we see the benefits on us citizens.

Lol. You sound like someone that said NA STATISTICS WE GO CHOP
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by chikason22(m): 4:14pm On Feb 26
spiSeyi:

Nigeria is not Biafla Mr. Man and this can only happen in Biafra, history have it that this is what Biafrans ate when coward Ojukwu ran into hidden grin
You're doubting me right? Just wait you'll see it. The great Tinubulation is about to hit ronu people.
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Westman001: 9:01pm On Feb 26
MikoB:

I mentioned france because inconveniences and hardships are not friends to anyone or country, moreover countries like India, China, Malaysia etc that are still developing went through different economy reforms of their own, it might not be the same as nigeria's own, every country with her peculiarities, the reform Tinubu is embarking on now, should had been done decades ago with genuine intentions. Like I said nigeria needs more money for developments, if the govt can utilise the gains from this reform very well, it will be the beginning of our prosperities, a good infrastructure encourages productivity and productivity encourages enlargement and exportations all these put together make a good economy.

You appear to me like an intelligent person. You have argued your points as much perfect as you could.
Sincerely, I don't expect you to be one of the people that support this current government. Well, except you are working for them somehow though.

But you shouldn't be supportive of this government because the real reforms that is necessary, have not being put in place. The real reform, which Nigeria needs begin with the people in politics.
And Tinubu has not display any wisdom or knowledge, character, and readiness required for such changes.

I had doubts about his ability to govern at such level during his campaigns and the way he handled the removal of subsidy only nailed it all. Tinubu would only make things worse.

Whatever you think this government can do to be different is just a mere dream. And if you probably don't know yet, the subsidy is already back in place. Part of the reason been that he handled the removal like an amateur.
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Melonsmasher: 9:09pm On Feb 26
Ministry of information reaping the benefits of a ruthless reform

They see nothing wrong with the collapsed economy and how it is affecting lives.. They don't give a damn about the people, they enjoy the benefits of a corrupt government through propaganda
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by MikoB: 9:52pm On Feb 26
Westman001:

You appear to me like an intelligent person. You have argued your points as much perfect as you could.
Sincerely, I don't expect you to be one of the people that support this current government. Well, except you are working for them somehow though.

But you shouldn't be supportive of this government because the real reforms that is necessary, have not being put in place. The real reform, which Nigeria needs begin with the people in politics.
And Tinubu has not display any wisdom or knowledge, character, and readiness required for such changes.

I had doubts about his ability to govern at such level during his campaigns and the way he handled the removal of subsidy only nailed it all. Tinubu would only make things worse.

Whatever you think this government can do to be different is just a mere dream. And if you probably don't know yet, the subsidy is already back in place. Part of the reason been that he handled the removal like an amateur.

Like I said, let us give him sometime, its almost one year that he was sworn in, let's give him another one year, Tinubu has never been my choice, but he is there. If you read my write up, everything is about if, and one the major component that will make the reforms work is blockage of corruption leakages, it takes alot to do that, let's wait my brother,that is the only thing I can say for now.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Kingrshd3: 12:33am On Feb 27
Mrtaye:

Your argument is not tenable because Nigerians ab initio were not the cause of the reforms so why must I suffer for some people's problems

Yes God bless you we are not the cause ..

The government caused everything by subsidizeing from onset ..

But someone or a leader someday will still want to make changes again ..

So sorry bro because am also feeling it óò 😒

But am just saying so we will think about the benefit or reason for the subsidy removal

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Kingrshd3: 12:36am On Feb 27
lexy2014:

pls what is the meaning of reform?

what exactly is being reformed?

is it because of subsidy that rice was being sold for 6k?

was it only because of subsidy that Nigeria was borrowing?

when subsidy on diesel and kerosene was removed, did it stop borrowing?

since Tinubu removed subsidy on fuel, did it stop him from borrowing?

how is fuel subsidy the only issue that Nigeria was facing?

since it has been removed, has that solved all Nigeria's problems?

how are they working to cushion the effect of fuel subsidy?

God bless you ..

The continuous borrowing was because dollar was 1500 but yet u are still buying fuel at 700naira instead of 1200/1300.

due to global recession issue he is even paying more subsidy than what buhari paid 😒

Now imagine if subsidy wasn't even removed 😭

Then Nigeria would have been inside a pit of hell...

Ask people in overseas if their tax, standard of living electricity etc too wasn't inflated πŸ€”

Please I don't see anything wrong in Tilumbuubu policies rather it's going to be for betterment of Nigerians in the future ..

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by lexy2014: 6:11am On Feb 27
Kingrshd3:

God bless you ..

The continuous borrowing was because dollar was 1500 but yet u are still buying fuel at 700naira instead of 1200/1300.

due to global recession issue he is even paying more subsidy than what buhari paid 😒

Now imagine if subsidy wasn't even removed 😭

Then Nigeria would have been inside a pit of hell...

Ask people in overseas if their tax, standard of living electricity etc too wasn't inflated πŸ€”

Please I don't see anything wrong in Tilumbuubu policies rather it's going to be for betterment of Nigerians in the future ..

off point. how does that answer the following questions as enumerated?

1. pls what is the meaning of reform?

2. what exactly is being reformed?

3. is it because of subsidy that rice was being sold for 6k?

4. was it only because of subsidy that Nigeria was borrowing?

5. when subsidy on diesel and kerosene was removed, did it stop borrowing?

6. since Tinubu removed subsidy on fuel, did it stop him from borrowing?

7. how is fuel subsidy the only issue that Nigeria was facing?

8. since it has been removed, has that solved all Nigeria's problems?

9. how are they working to cushion the effect of fuel subsidy?
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Greenback: 7:28am On Feb 27
lexy2014:

off point. how does that answer the following questions as enumerated?

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by lexy2014: 7:35am On Feb 27
[quote author=Greenback post=128666678][/quote]

wow...is that the picture of your head and the reason why you are unable to answer these questions?

Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by Greenback: 8:56am On Feb 27
lexy2014:

wow...is that the picture of your head and the reason why you are unable to answer these questions?

If all the gas in SE are in ya mind,then where is it in the SE?
Re: "Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information by BrighterSyde: 2:02pm On Feb 27
Putinofrussia:

Bad news merchant.
You are disappointed,kwa?

Don’t mind them jare. Can you just mention one of these and tell me how it has made the price of one bag of rice affordable or how hunger has been reduced in the streets so that we can use this information to shame these people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Comments About Road Accidents In Kogi And Enugu / Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? / Gunning For Gambari - Adamu Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.