Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon (21127 Views)

Give Tinubu More Time To Solve Challenges – Gowon / Lawyer, Malcolm Omirhobo, Appears In Traditional Outfit At Supreme Court / Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Ebinpiawazuu: 5:31pm On Feb 26
A human rights lawyer, Malcolm Omirhobo, has challenged former Military Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon, retired, to show evidence of any Federal Government project his government established in the South-Eastern part of Nigeria after the Biafra civil war many years ago.

Omirhobo said this in a post via his social media account on Sunday.

He was reacting to Gowon’s latest comment on the Biafran civil war.

I am happy General Gowon is alive when I am making my assertions.

I challenge Gowon to show evidence of Federal Government repair, rehabilitation or replacement of any of the Hospitals, Markets, Schools, Buildings or Roads destroyed by the intentional bombing by the Nigeria Air Force and their Arab mercenaries after the Nigerian /Biafran war
,” Omirhobo said.

I challenge him to show any Federal Government project that his government established in the Eastern part of Nigeria after the war.
I challenge Gowon to show the palliative or financial support that his government gave to the Easterners after the war.

I need proof of his government’s effort for the Eastern children to catch up with the educational system after missing out for over three years.

I challenge him to show how many Easterners who lost their jobs because of the war were reabsorbed after the war.

Take It from me, the war ended with Nigeria being the Victor and the Easterners the Vanquished. The (3 Rs) Reconciliation, Reconstruction and Rehabilitation policy of Gowon’s government was by mouth not deed.”

Recall that the former head of state after a meeting with President Bola Tinubu, disclosed to journalists how he was accused of being unable to prosecute the Biafra civil war.

Gowon, who ruled Nigeria between 1966 and 1975, had said, “If I can remember, when I was fighting the war I was told I was too slow and that probably Nigeria cannot make it and that we should now seek for discussion. Well, did we do it or not? They probably do not know the problem underground so that is where we are.”

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/26/nigeria-biafra-show-evidence-of-your-project-in-southeast-omirhobo-challenges-gowon/

99 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by IGBOSON1: 5:36pm On Feb 26
A Daniel come to judgment!

214 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Validated: 5:40pm On Feb 26
Nigeria remains a failed contraption. Once oil becomes useless, which will be soon by-the-way, Nigeria as we know it will cease to exist.

150 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Zupay: 5:47pm On Feb 26
“I need proof of his government’s effort for the Eastern children to catch up with the educational system after missing out for over three years"...But despite that setback by the civil war, Southeastern region cumulatively has the highest cut off mark in National Common Entrance, topping other National exams.! Who God don bless, even civil war no go stop the shine at the end! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Today, those Gowon was fighting alongside to crush the igbos na dem dey slaughter im people for Plateau and e no fit open mouth talk, nemesis.

His first son and child whey e deny until DNA confirm am, na Anambra woman born am, so Igbo blood will run in his family. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

206 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by boldking(m): 6:02pm On Feb 26
After much antispation here comes my new jam Lagos which can be streamed on all digital platforms

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Davicl: 6:03pm On Feb 26
Ok... nothing 😔
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Judolisco(m): 6:03pm On Feb 26
Make dem free gowon na.... Ojukwu led his people to a war unprepared and ran away after he has been defeated.... Gowon made efforts to rebuild back the country,one of his initiatives was the 3Rs program, Reconstruction, Rehabilitation, and Reconciliation....one of his structures is d NYSC which is still standing today....

Instead of blaming ojukwu that led men that had little or no training to a war against men that were trained by the whites, u guys are busy blaming gowon....

38 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by ZUKKYY(m): 6:04pm On Feb 26
I swear' evidence no dey. Even quality FEDERAL ROAD we no see embarassed

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Adamux: 6:04pm On Feb 26
Lets put our past behind us and forge a better future.

7 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by muykem: 6:04pm On Feb 26
He actually rescue minorities tribes in South South from oppressors that once took over PH from them.

118 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Umueme: 6:04pm On Feb 26
Good for the senile old man. He does know that the topic of civil war is quite a touchy one, but he decided to venture into it for cheap political points. Karma might not what we thought it out to be, cos this old man shouldn't be alive till now. Though he's alive to see his fulani brethren slaughtering his people

#MyOpinion

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Justdogood(m): 6:04pm On Feb 26
You know.

In nigeria everyone wants to be relevant or make headline so the only way to be heard is if you mention Igbos or South-east.
The stupid gowon should be asked what economic impact or infrastructural impact he made as a sitting president then?
Always looking for relevance and where they will get peanuts from.

Ask him since he left office. What has he contributed to help in the growth of his immediate community not to talk of his state or the South East.

Just like Reno Omokri they are all empty heads looking for how to stay relevant.
Shey they have relegated Reno to politics division 4 league. Where he plays with primary school pupils cos that's the only people he can attempt to deceive.

Leave the igbo alone Mr ex-president.

Let them go...... no,
Let them stay and be one ...... no

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by itsIYKE(m): 6:04pm On Feb 26
Hhh
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by brainpulse: 6:04pm On Feb 26
grin
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Diligence: 6:04pm On Feb 26
Our Royal Edo Comrade cum SAN, Gowon didn't care about Biafrans before, during and after the war!

Gowon & Co are war criminals before God & man!

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by specialmati(m): 6:05pm On Feb 26
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by perfectsusanoo(m): 6:05pm On Feb 26
Na noise una just sabi. You truly dont want your independence.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Jasper14(m): 6:06pm On Feb 26
Ha
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Calylove: 6:06pm On Feb 26
It is not easy to forgive and forget but we need to find a place in our heart to do so.
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by LandMann: 6:06pm On Feb 26
I don't blame Igbos for hating Nigeria so much.

Nigeria does not reward talent or competence. Nigeria is filled with ethnic bigots. I see it everyday at work and in the community. Just speak my language and you'll be favoured above others.

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by haveMONEY: 6:06pm On Feb 26
Mmadu abughi chi

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Rebuker(m): 6:07pm On Feb 26
Lol

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Noniblaq(m): 6:07pm On Feb 26
It is well o
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by kaludestiny10(m): 6:07pm On Feb 26
No be today the hatred towards the Igbos start oh.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by HeroicMeastro: 6:07pm On Feb 26
Ebinpiawazuu:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/26/nigeria-biafra-show-evidence-of-your-project-in-southeast-omirhobo-challenges-gowon/
Some people are still digging decades old foes.
Their hearts are not still clean.
That is why they are not trusted to rule.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by tuborme: 6:08pm On Feb 26
Old age is not wisdom

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Think9ja(m): 6:08pm On Feb 26
K
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Laple0541(m): 6:08pm On Feb 26
You guys should vent your angers on Ojukwu the coward that started a war he couldn’t finish and not on Gowon. The latter did what was deemed the best for the unity of the country.

It’s not too late to achieve Biafra. You guys should tell your honourable members at senate and house of representative to shun sitting. That will speed up your Biafra if that’s what you want. Allow the old man to rest.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Golan007: 6:09pm On Feb 26
All of you received money after the war.

96 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Army Declares 46 Soldiers Missing - Premium Times / Onnoggen To Ask CCT Chair To Disqualify Self Over Alleged Fraud / Over 150 Children Stranded As FCDA Demolished Orphanage Home In Abuja (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.