Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon (21081 Views)

Give Tinubu More Time To Solve Challenges – Gowon / Lawyer, Malcolm Omirhobo, Appears In Traditional Outfit At Supreme Court / Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Ngozi123(f): 8:32pm On Feb 26
chidiokay:

Conscience about what ?? did i send your fathers to go nd start coup, when you kill peoples promient leaders and hide una own ... were you expecting medals. thats gone

Honestly i wish our Igbos brothers can just forget these whole thing completely, ... the acceptance of Ojukwu back into Nigeria after exile and still releasing his gratuity is enough conviction Nigerians have moved On.

Like I said before, you have no conscience.

Do some research on Rwanda if you want to see a country that is trying to learn and move on from its past. Compare that to Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by SaturnNick(m): 8:48pm On Feb 26
Zupay:
“I need proof of his government’s effort for the Eastern children to catch up with the educational system after missing out for over three years"...But despite that setback by the civil war, Southeastern region cumulatively has the highest cut off mark in National Common Entrance, topping other National exams.! Who God don bless, even civil war no go stop the shine at the end! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Today, those Gowon was fighting alongside to crush the igbos na dem dey slaughter im people for Plateau and e no fit open talk, nemesis.

His first son and child whey e deny until DNA confirm am, na Anambra woman born am, so Igbo blood will run in his family. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
What is wrong with you 🤦🤦🤦

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by chidiokay: 8:49pm On Feb 26
LandMann:

You talk like you read your history books upside down.

Why are you not asking why the moronic Yakubu Gowon refused to respect the terms of the Aburi accord?

Is it not Gowon's refusal to honour the Aburi accord coupled with the killings of Igbos in the north with nothing being done by the Nigerian government that led to Ojukwu calling for his people to return to the east and then declaring a BIAFRA republic?

It was Ojukwu and his crew that carried out a coup, and a counter coup was carried out in same year that practically evened the death toll on both sides, so in all justice, why is it that Ojukwu was allowed to live and then even paid pension till death, yet 3 million children and women were starved and killed in cold blood by Nigerian soldiers? What did those over 3 million souls do to Yakubu Gowon and his Nigerian soldiers?

Would you be happy if an army man beats you and your father while you guys are travelling in your father's new car then the army man takes your father's car and gives both of you one thousand naira each to sort out yourselves? That's how stupid your £20 analysis sounds.

If Nigerian politicians in the north and south west can't trust Igbos to rule this country because of what happened in the past then why not allow them go and form their own country instead of forcing them to stay in this forced contraption called Nigeria so they can continue playing second class citizens?

Can the Nigerian government continue to deal with over 60-80 million Igbos who don't equally trust the government and will continue to sabotage any effort of the government to bring peace to the entire country?

If you are truly good at analysing events, where do you think the ongoing insecurity and weekly lockdowns in the entire southeast will lead to?

Do you in all honesty think that Nigerian government can use brute force to make the south east or igbos start believing in Nigeria and working for its good?

You agree that there's distrust amongst the three ethnic groups in Nigeria yet you can't see that this distrust is part of the foundational problem of the country created by your colonial master to ensure that they continue to steal the resources in this geographical space as long as the union remains in place.

I shake my head for una.

Why did your fathers not obey the holy book, thou shall not kill ... we got independence without any bloodshed, why can't you people ever admit you are wrong in anything ... must you always be the victim

Govt demolish 9 yoruba houses and one igbo man house ... na Igbos go cry pass of witchhunt una no dey taya.

You can't sabotage nada, becos Nigerians will never be stupid to mount an igbo man in a strategic position to cause fatal damage again, these is not hating, it is just precaution

Hausas, Yorubas and SS share mutual respect and understanding which is written all over the 2023 election. you saw how jonathan & wike embrace Tinubu, behind BAT you saw more promient leaders than on Atiku side, Bro we are good. if yu can"t beat dem .... wink
the earlier the East stop the politics of bitterness they play the better ... nobody will waste anytime to confuse igbos to embrace Nigeria if una like embrace cameroun. nonsense & ingredient

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Danmisra(m): 8:49pm On Feb 26
Some people don't have sense at all imagine challenging you arch enemy what he did for you after defeating you. The insane people don't know that the fact that he saved them from total annihilation is enough.
The greedy people don't appreciate anything in their life it's ingrained in their DNA.
So infrastructure projects is more important than their lives, that's how they think.
Simply ask what ojukuo or what his name contributed to west and north.
He saved their lives and integrated back into the system but they see him as useless, someone should tell what these greedy people with appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Bliztzer: 8:51pm On Feb 26
Judolisco:
Make dem free gowon na.... Ojukwu led his people to a war unprepared and ran away after he has been defeated.... Gowon made efforts to rebuild back the country,one of his initiatives was the 3Rs program, Reconstruction, Rehabilitation, and Reconciliation....one of his structures is d NYSC which is still standing today....

Instead of blaming ojukwu that led men that had little or no training to a war against men that were trained by the whites, u guys are busy blaming gowon....

I no hate Igbos but dem to sabi cry louder. Gowon na war General. And he should not be blamed for what he did to win the war. The Igbo also forgot how their soldiers stampede the minority tribes they invaded. They were in my region for 6 months and they were very brutal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by mrblessed(m): 8:53pm On Feb 26
Let him leave the southeast and show evidence in his state, Plateau.
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Bliztzer: 8:57pm On Feb 26
Ngozi123:

Like I said before, you have no conscience.

Do some research on Rwanda if you want to see a country that is trying to learn and move on from its past. Compare that to Nigeria.

Huh! No preach o!

The civil war was a great gamble by the Igbos. It was not gowons fault. My grand father told me how gowon was send food to the east. And awolowo had to tell him that you can not be feeding ur enemy and still be fighting them.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by josephevergreen(m): 9:01pm On Feb 26
My village (bekwarra local government CRS) was the place the first bullet was short ..alot of my people lost their life in that war but nothing to show for it till date .no one cares we re living all by ourselves 💔
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by josephevergreen(m): 9:05pm On Feb 26
My village (bekwarra local government CRS) was the place the first bullet was short ..alot of my people lost their life in that war but nothing to show for it till date .no one cares we re living all by ourselves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Backpedal: 9:05pm On Feb 26
Judolisco:
Make dem free gowon na.... Ojukwu led his people to a war unprepared and ran away after he has been defeated.... Gowon made efforts to rebuild back the country,one of his initiatives was the 3Rs program, Reconstruction, Rehabilitation, and Reconciliation....one of his structures is d NYSC which is still standing today....

Instead of blaming ojukwu that led men that had little or no training to a war against men that were trained by the whites, u guys are busy blaming gowon....

Please don't be silly
Use your head

The war has been fought
You said no victor no vanquished

Did you fight a war to keep them in Nigeria to then keep them as second class citizens?
Or what exactly?

After WW11. A lot of investment poured into Germany and Japan to rebuild as a gesture I'd good faith

Why didnt Gowon build much projects in the east after the war. :+\

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by chidiokay: 9:11pm On Feb 26
SoNature:

Funny!

Research from books written by the same people who claimed to have embarked on 3R but started building Third Mainland Bridge without rebuilding all the infrastructure destroyed in the SE during the war.

I don't even know why I am replying to some ignoramus. I won't reply you again.

shut d fvckup jare ! If you have a wife that sworn to divorce you, will you still be buying properties in her name.

that asides, Can your Governors swear they are not recieving allocation as when due ... what are they doing with it. will you people ever hold una selves responsible for anything ..

Buhari built 2nd Niger bridge for East and here you are envying mere repair of 3rd mainland bridge .. you see say you get serious problem
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Franking: 9:15pm On Feb 26
Judolisco:

Shut up your mouth. Let Gowon show evidence of anything he did in the SE after the war. Self determination is not a crime. Nigeria won the war, how far since then? Go away with your achaic mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Zupay: 9:18pm On Feb 26
SaturnNick:
What is wrong with you 🤦🤦🤦

What is wrong with you?
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Freebills12: 9:21pm On Feb 26
[color=#000099][/color]
HeroicMeastro:

Some people are still digging decades old foes.
Their hearts are not still clean.
That is why they are not still trusted to rule.

So sorry for you! Hope your children will one day read this? That a region was destroyed during war and a renovation was promised by the govt. This promise he never keep and you are not asking question why? How did they survive when all their houses, properties, schools, hospitals etc were destroyed. The govt never help even in building of schools and hospitals... All you could say is this....

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by MySolace: 10:12pm On Feb 26
Judolisco:

Who is blaming who?

He only asked a salient question.

Where are d reflections of ur 3r in d sotheast? (u said nysc, how has dat helped in uniting d country? Sth da should b scraped straightaway nd b replaced wit skils acquisition.

Meanwhile, thanks for bringing d blame down on him, cos u just did. @gowon
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by MySolace: 10:25pm On Feb 26
Golan007:
All of you received money after the war.
Mentioning money here is more of shooting urself on d foot. U confiscatem dia money nd gave dem peanuts. But u know wot, d peanuts has metamophosized to endless wealth. Mmadu aburo chukwu.
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Golan007: 10:33pm On Feb 26
MySolace:

Mentioning money here is more of shooting urself on d foot. U confiscatem dia money nd gave dem peanuts. But u know wot, d peanuts has metamophosized to endless wealth. Mmadu aburo chukwu.

You dey mad.

You wage war I come pity you after I defeat you, you come dey make mouth .

Will you get out of here.
Loser.
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Konquest: 10:36pm On Feb 26
Ebinpiawazuu:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/26/nigeria-biafra-show-evidence-of-your-project-in-southeast-omirhobo-challenges-gowon/
There's NO such thing as "biafra civil war" as indicted in the article.

The CORRECT historical term to use is the Nigerian Civil War (which lasted for 30 months or exactly 2 years and 6 months). It's just like the American Civil War or Spanish Civil War.

The Civil War took place within Nigeria therefore it is called the Nigerian Civil War.
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Metrofox(m): 10:56pm On Feb 26
HeroicMeastro:

Some people are still digging decades old foes.
Their hearts are not still clean.
That is why they are not still trusted to rule.

I guess the same can be said about the holocaust..mumu

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Judolisco(m): 11:15pm On Feb 26
ArcSEMPECJ:

I sense you have a problem of comprehension and this has made you to call any one any name just to hide your short comings...

Sorry....you are not matured to handle sensitive issues ....

WHAT PROMPTED THE WAR?

What even made Ojokwu to call for War

You are here talking like a Robot...... recycling one sentence all the time ...

Nairaland has Robots I just confirmed again.....

FOR DOCUMENTATION SEEK, OJOKWU OR IGBOS WERE NOT DEFEATED, IT WAS THE IDEA FROM AWOLOWO TO CAUGHT OFF FOOD SUPPLY AND BOMB ANY HUMANITARIAN AIRPLANE COMING TO SOUTH EAST THAT MADE THE WAR TO END.....
[b]

GO AND VERIFY!!!!!......and add it to your Robotic recycling brain ....
[/b]
ojukwu was not defeated... He remains the only General to that ran away from a winning position...u think u can rewrite history grin

U r asking what prompted d war... Is it not foolishness to go up to a fight unprepared.... Foolishness of d highest order.... He used his people has human shield...
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by deumveritatis: 11:30pm On Feb 26
Validated:
Nigeria remains a failed contraption. Once oil becomes useless, which will be soon by-the-way, Nigeria as we know it will cease to exist.
Literally, when you hear 'one Nigeria' = crude oil
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by MySolace: 11:45pm On Feb 26
Golan007:

You dey mad.

You wage war I come pity you after I defeat you, you come dey make mouth .

Will you get out of here.
Loser.

Sorry to say, u rant like a mad man for real. Why exhibit agberoism in everything?

U pity who by doing wot exactly? U should b pitying urself and ur people.

People u cal losers are d richest tribe in africa, most intelligent, most successful, most travelled. Yet dey were victims of war. Well, just use ur google and type any good attribute or quality da u knw and ask which tribe comes first in africa. U wil be seriously pained at d results u wil see.

Mr pity!
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Yujin(m): 11:53pm On Feb 26
BBIA:

you wanted him to give them strength to rebel again?

I can’t wait for Kanu to be given life imprisonment for treason. cool

for now he should be enjoying the watery beans until they finally pronounce his permanent sentence cool
Your death is very near and it will be announced here on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Golan007: 11:57pm On Feb 26
MySolace:

Sorry to say, u rant like a mad man for real. Why exhibit agberoism in everything?

U pity who by doing wot exactly? U should b pitying urself and ur people.

People u cal losers are d richest tribe in africa, most intelligent, most successful, most travelled. Yet dey were victims of war. Well, just use ur google and type any good attribute or quality da u knw and ask which tribe comes first in africa. U wil be seriously pained at d results u wil see.

Mr pity!

Empty barrels.

Richest tribe wey dey sell their pikin everyday.

grin

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by MySolace: 12:06am On Feb 27
ADSP116:
Igbos are just tooooo good in chest beating,they always believe their opinions or view is the best...like Ojukwu like Obi if Obi is the one ruling the country now l believe their wouldn't been any difference from what we are passing through now, when Ojukwu was taken that stupid decision of fighting this war,l m very sure those that supposed to calm him down will even encouraged him,my bloda we can do it.At the end of the war baba Japa and left his vulnerable people all alone to their fate.
Ojukwu only said let my people go, Since obviously nigeria isnt working, let us have our biafra. He declared biafra an independent state. Also, biafrans were only defending, d whole war was fought in d southeast, other part of d country were having dia normal day like nothin was hapnin...

He didnt run away and leave anyone to his fate as u asserted. He left, and called for end to d war.

Dats why history should b brought back so dat ur type would b informed.
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by MySolace: 12:13am On Feb 27
Golan007:

Empty barrels.

grin
E go continue to pain u...

U can put riches aside and google any good attribute like i told u, dis time, compare dem wit ur tribe.
I believe d pain go change gear. Lols

Mr Loaded barrels!
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by MySolace: 12:25am On Feb 27
chidiokay:

shut d fvckup jare ! If you have a wife that sworn to divorce you, will you still be buying properties in her name.

that asides, Can your Governors swear they are not recieving allocation as when due ... what are they doing with it. will you people ever hold una selves responsible for anything ..

Buhari built 2nd Niger bridge for East and here you are envying mere repair of 3rd mainland bridge .. you see say you get serious problem
Wen u dont knw wot to say, its more honorable to keep quiet dan embarrasing urself wit silly assertion.
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Johntimo1(m): 12:25am On Feb 27
Golan007:
All of you received money after the war.

Nah your papa give them the money?
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Amalekki: 12:28am On Feb 27
grin grin grin On another note, the reprisal from that proposed landing in Lagos by surprise would have led to a total wipe out of the dot land and you won't even be in existence to be typing all these here today. The friendly war tempered down by Gowon would have turned into a real war with no mercy. Let's just be grateful to God and move on.

tegrianonigltd:

Biafra almost defeated Nigeria, Una dey read history at all?? The Biafra ambush is the greatest in africa till date, google it. Those students, those men created their own weapons, they almost defeated and landed in Lagos, if not for the Benin meeting of Ojukwu, Awolowo and co, after Awolowo knew the plan, went ahead to snitch, thinking the north will vote him in as President, Shagari won.

Go read the history properly. Awolowo snitched na why, he got the idea of cutting food supply.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by MySolace: 12:34am On Feb 27
Golan007:

Empty barrels.
grin
Re: Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon by Amalekki: 12:34am On Feb 27
One truth from many credible sources that they don't want to hear because they find it uncomfortable and contrary to the grandma tales by moonlight. If not for Gowon, many here on Nairaland won't even exist.

Danmisra:
Some people don't have sense at all imagine challenging you arch enemy what he did for you after defeating you. The insane people don't know that the fact that he saved them from total annihilation is enough.
The greedy people don't appreciate anything in their life it's ingrained in their DNA.
So infrastructure projects is more important than their lives, that's how they think.
Simply ask what ojukuo or what his name contributed to west and north.
He saved their lives and integrated back into the system but they see him as useless, someone should tell what these greedy people with appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ondo Workers Rejoice As Governor Akeredolu Pays Salary / Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe / Rochas Okorocha's 56th Birthday Celebration (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.