Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (79475 Views)

Best Gifts For Your Family Under $150 / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by tpia5: 1:41am On Nov 16, 2011
r231

the essence of all those things i mentioned aside from the obvious aspects, is so the family can interact more with the people around them and learn where to get help.

how to get to the primary health care center, schooling for the child, etc.

they cant just isolate themselves under the bridge- things are hard, true, but people on ground still have to help them with some of these basics.

everyone is making commendable efforts here but there's only so much that can be done from outside.

thanks to ifyalways who even though we dont get along but i still have to commend her for her assistance to this family.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 1:47am On Nov 16, 2011
^^^^^ oh ok gat you

I was just thinking that the most important thing right now is for them to move out of that place and since we have agreed to put them to work/biz as well hopefully they will be able to handle things from there and get out more.

Besides how many churches or other organisation help people in Nigeria, I am not saying there in none but I don't think have that much access to them. Blame the Govt and the stupid politician including pastors that only care about themselves and family
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 2:40am On Nov 16, 2011
SAFO:

.Thank you all for organizing this. It's times like this that lets me realize that there is hope for mankind.

Just let us know where we need to send the money to.

God bless all of you.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 2:42am On Nov 16, 2011
Volunteers for cash so far we have-------

Talina
Safo
Yamakuza
Coogar
pslm23
Odunnu
Freiburger
Jay bee
H$LBroker
OAM4J
ronkebp
debosky
r231

I know times are kind of hard at the moment but you can put a smile on these family's face this xmas

Nothing is too small, we are just trying to help.

If you are able to help please show your interest on this thread
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Radiant(f): 2:44am On Nov 16, 2011
r231, how smart of you. Thanks dear.

This story is so sad. And that poor child!  sad sad My heart bleeds for this family  cry

I'm willing to contribute. How much are we looking to raise?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 2:50am On Nov 16, 2011
Radiant:

r231, how smart of you. Thanks dear.

This story is so sad. And that poor child!  sad sad My heart bleeds for this family  cry

I'm willing to contribute. How much are we looking to raise?

Thanks madam. . . I know that I can count on you

see list below

What needs to be done is this:

Accommodation:
Room & Parlor: N150k
anywhere possible

Furniture: donation

wife : N100,000 biz

The child(ren) need medical attention for the harsh exposure he has endured and needs to go to school : N50k ( change used to train man)

A modest school in those areas should be about : Free Education

The total we are looking at is :

-----------
300,000 (approx. $2k or £1k)
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Radiant(f): 3:01am On Nov 16, 2011
Great!

There is no a/c yet where the money can be paid in from what I've read so far. I will visit regularly for updates so I can send my own contribution.

Thanks to all those who are also willing to contribute. What a turn around this will be for this family. Bless!
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by slimyem: 3:19am On Nov 16, 2011
saw this earlier.didnt know it had gotten this far.kudos to ifyalwas,frieburger,r231 and everyone else who's shown positive interest in this couple.y'all give hopes of a better Nigeria.
Can we have the account no. where we can drop donations please?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Fhemmmy: 3:24am On Nov 16, 2011
Chief r321 . . . Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for sure i am in.
Sorry, too tired to read through all the thread, will do that tomorrow, but in the meantime, could someone just tell me how much to donate and where or who would the money be given to?

Glad bless
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 3:26am On Nov 16, 2011
Im so happy to see the developments here! And allowing for business start up makes sense. I saw that health was brought up too. Would it help or be practical for me to send some good quality vitamins in the mail? Or is that kinda weird to suggest? smiley Im looking forward to getting the contribution info. Great job guys!
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 3:32am On Nov 16, 2011
Updated List

Volunteers for cash so far we have-------

Talina
Safo
Yamakuza
Coogar
pslm23
Odunnu
Freiburger
Jay bee
H$LBroker
OAM4J
ronkebp
debosky
r231
Radiant
slimyem
Fhemmmy

I know times are kind of hard at the moment but you can put a smile on these family's face this xmas

Nothing is too small, we are just trying to help.

If you are able to help please show your interest on this thread

GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 16, 2011
//
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by jaybee3(m): 6:51am On Nov 16, 2011
I think madam chair cover also showed interest.

PS: can the guys visiting on sunday please hold our plans to their respective heart until we actually have concrete plans and most def have set the ball in motion. We wouldn't want to raise their already shattered hope for nothing.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by jaybee3(m): 6:52am On Nov 16, 2011
chaircover:

^^^^ You missed me out sunshine wink
Ggggrrrrr I woke up early to type that and u still managed to get on d thread before me.
Ggggrrhhh
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 16, 2011
//
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by jaybee3(m): 6:57am On Nov 16, 2011
U back?
oh it's wednesday duhhhhhhh
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 16, 2011
//
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 16, 2011
@r231, count me in, and keep me posted on the arrangements.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 16, 2011
Count Firearm in
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Jarus(m): 8:54am On Nov 16, 2011
OAM4J, I got your PM. I'm reporting here.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 9:30am On Nov 16, 2011
@tpia: churches have their fair share of less priviledged to cater for. I'm personally a partner to a number of welfare groups in church and outside and I have an idea how this thing work.If you dont mind, please stop hammering on that. Everybody cant be catered for.
The LGAs welfare team themselves cannot reach everybody at the same time. I'm sure that even under that bridge, its not only Dupe's family that reside there and you wouldnt ask those who want to help to relocate every other family at the same time.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by OAM4J: 9:36am On Nov 16, 2011
Jarus:

OAM4J, I got your PM. I'm reporting here.

Thanks Jarus.

Sent you another PM.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by blank(f): 9:45am On Nov 16, 2011
UPDATE

I heard on Chaz B 92.3 that he (or the station) has rented for them a 2 bedroom apartment in Ojota, paid for 2 years and furnished it a bit. Don't know what else has been done for them in terms of getting the man work.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 16, 2011
Here now, count me in and let me know when and where money needs to be sent.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 16, 2011
Wow! This is good news.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 16, 2011
Wow! This is good news. I'm happy for this family. Thanks for the UPDATE, Blank.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by sheriffman(m): 10:04am On Nov 16, 2011
i just got to know bout this thread through a PM from R231 and I must commend him for a smart move on this,and I only started 4llowing frm page 7,however I feel that after about 9 pages of discussion we should by now have an account nos 4 them either permanent or temporary.I am definitely in on this and willing to contribute whatever I can to help this couple.If our plans here are achieved b4 31st December and I am part of it I will be d happiest guy ending 2011.Pls R231 do add my name to d volunteers list.i am not resident in Lag and culd ve volunteered my account nos,but if there's more i can do let me know.Thanks r231 4 bringing me into this. 
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 10:07am On Nov 16, 2011
blank:

UPDATE

I heard on Chaz B 92.3 that he (or the station) has rented for them a 2 bedroom apartment in Ojota, paid for 2 years and furnished it a bit. Don't know what else has been done for them in terms of getting the man work.
I'm believing you because I trust your sanity. Lol.
As an aside, this guy is one lucky guy o! 'im prayer dey work wella' who sabi im church, I wan begin go there
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Jarus(m): 10:15am On Nov 16, 2011
OAM4J, whatzup, given the new update?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by jaybee3(m): 10:24am On Nov 16, 2011
What are the next steps considering the current unconfirmed status quo
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Egbagirl(f): 10:29am On Nov 16, 2011
Hey all,  

I don't mean to backtrack at all and I tried as much as possible to read through all the posts. I think r231 said touched on how to make donations for those abroad. as per that, is it possible to setup a site with a pay pal account or something similar. I think i've seen such before. that will make it easier. set up a paypal and get all the contributions from those in the US together and then wire everything at once to NG.(Not sure how that will work or if its a feasible idea but thought i'd throw it out there anyway)

Plus, is there a specific deadline for donations? is there a particular time by which we are trying to achieve all this. e.g house by this date, shop this date or is everything at once.

On another note, I'm waiting for more specific info on how to make donations. I'm in Dakar atm but will see how I can possibly make my own contribution to this.

This is a really awesome idea and I'm glad we are making this happen and not just talking. smiley

P.S: Thanks for the PM r231. 'ppreciate it.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by tpia5: 10:49am On Nov 16, 2011
^Paypal cant be accessed in nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (45) (Reply)

I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test / Anthony Chijioke: Dr. Ozuzu George Davidson Slept With My Wife (Photos) / My Mother Is Seeing Other Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.