Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,428 members, 7,815,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (79472 Views)

Best Gifts For Your Family Under $150 / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ifyalways(f): 5:31pm On Nov 15, 2011
@Odunnu,I'm not comfortable with using my account for this.I would after my sunday visit go back again on monday and pick Dupe(or the hubby) and help them open an account then post the account details here immediately.Pictures of every single step would be posted here.And to keep track of who pays and when s/he pays,I can link the account alerts to my mobile/email,thatjs the best and much I can do.

Would also ask them the business they would want to do on sunday and hopefully get more pictures.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 5:34pm On Nov 15, 2011
H$LBroker:

Presently now i don't have, but i will look out tomorrow, I work in Lagos, i was already in the office when i got your message so there is nothing i can do today, mowe is cool and nice, many people work on the Island and live in Mowe. I know several of them Including myself.

room and parlour in mowe is N4,000 a month x 12 months. N48,000 plus half year N24,000 equal N72,000 (One and Year)

this man will be comfortable with this, because if u rent a house of N300,000 per 2 years for this man, when the rent expire where do you think this man will get another money to pay his house rent, this man need to be empower, if u get him a house of N72,000 per one and half years agency and agreement N20k, Total Package N92k, he can then use the remain balance to buy one Okada and use it for transport in mowe and still get a shop and set up his wife to be selling okira clothes and shoes, people will buy it and they will make a living send their Son to school and life goes on.

Thank you sir

That makes a lot of sense as well

so how soon can you get the property
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ifyalways(f): 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2011
HLbroker,I don't think Okada and okirika biz is the best for this couple.Both are high risk.Okirika does not necessarily bring in steady daily income(you might not make sales for 1 week) plus bike can develop faults,get seized by police.

We should be looking at something that would guarantee daily income/profit no matter how little with minimial risk.

Mowe accomodation sounds cool though.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Okijajuju1(m): 5:47pm On Nov 15, 2011
i HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS STORY!

I know say country hard, but this man is extremely lazy!

Unskilled Labourers in Port-harcourt earn 1500 Naira a day, why cant he get one like that?! In Ajegunle, there are apartments for 3000 Naira per month sef, why under the bridge?!

I feel sorry for his plight, but I think he is a very lazy man.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2011
^^^^^Noted Thank you
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by OAM4J: 6:32pm On Nov 15, 2011
ifyalways:

HLbroker,I don't think Okada and okirika biz is the best for this couple.Both are high risk.Okirika does not necessarily bring in steady daily income(you might not make sales for 1 week) plus bike can develop faults,get seized by police.

We should be looking at something that would guarantee daily income/profit no matter how little with minimial risk.

When you meet them on Sunday, find out from them what they can do that doesn't require much capital.

I do not support putting the money into their hands directly at this stage, else some other priorities different from our program eat up the fund.

We are trying to get another trustworthy Nairalander in Lagos that can work with you. Finger crossed
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ronkebp(f): 6:42pm On Nov 15, 2011
H$L BROKERgat gat your thinking!! true talk!!!!!
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by tpia5: 6:43pm On Nov 15, 2011
Can anyone assist the family with these:

1. Helping the man get a job. He can combine this with business on the side. If possible, can he form a plan to go back to school once he's stable.

2. The wife doesnt look too good- her face is puffy amd i'm not sure if this is ok even though women can be puffy during pregnancy. Is there anyone on ground who can help her get to a primary health care center. The charge should be minimal. Alternately, could anyone take her to a nearby clinic though this will cost more.

3. The little boy should be in school if he's old enough. How can the parents go about registering him in one.

What are the public schools around.

Clothes etc can be provided by people around?

Things might be a bit hard to implement if the folks in nigeria do not get involved. Surely there are people who can help. Churches?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ronkebp(f): 6:49pm On Nov 15, 2011
^^^^ Tpia, that is a good one, that is why i hope more people would be interested in helping out (financially) at least if there is enough money on ground, then every other thing would fall into place. Once the house palava, is out, work is out, then the child's school and the woman's health should be the next thing.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ronkebp(f): 6:50pm On Nov 15, 2011
Infact, if we can get a doctor, who is a Nairalander, to give her a free check-up, just his/her own little way of helping the woman out.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ronkebp(f): 7:24pm On Nov 15, 2011
ifyalways:

@Odunnu,I'm not comfortable with using my account for this.I would after my sunday visit go back again on monday and pick Dupe(or the hubby) and help them open an account then post the account details here immediately.Pictures of every single step would be posted here.And to keep track of who pays and when s/he pays,I can link the account alerts to my mobile/email,thatjs the best and much I can do.

Would also ask them the business they would want to do on sunday and hopefully get more pictures.

I gat you, but i am with OAM4J on this, giving the money directly to them, would not help us on this one at all. unless you want to open up a different account totally, in your name though.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by coogar: 7:58pm On Nov 15, 2011
ifyalways:

excellent post. i am highly impressed, ifyalways! kiss

their best option is a kiosk where they can sell cold drinks/snacks or even a small mamaput restaurant will guarantee steady income.
bike and okrika are too high risk. people will owe them buying clothes. we are not even sure mr obuh can ride a bike.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ifyalways(f): 8:01pm On Nov 15, 2011
@Tpia,Nice points.
I would be providing the wife and boy decent clothes on Sunday,with other sundry stuffs like foodstuffs,provision,multi vitamins and blood tonics.

The clinic idea is good but wud make more sense if its done after they've secured accomodation.

@Ronke,Opening the account on their name does not mean giving them free access or leaving the money for them to utilize,NO.To the best of my knowledge,it takes an average of 1 week to get a withdrawal booklet or atm.With the help of the 2nd NLder,when the money is together,we'd go with the couple,get it out and pay for everything ourseleves(Icthe 2nd NLDer and couple),right down to going to the mkt.I would find out from the couple on sunday,the biz they wud want to do and report back here.
The couple really won't be touching or handling money.That was what I had in mind.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 8:05pm On Nov 15, 2011
tpia@:

Can anyone assist the family with these:

1. Helping the man get a job. He can combine this with business on the side. If possible, can he form a plan to go back to school once he's stable.

Helping the man get a job is not going to happen overnight and the going bck to school part, common let be realistic here

tpia@:

2. The wife doesnt look too good- her face is puffy amd i'm not sure if this is ok even though women can be puffy during pregnancy. Is there anyone on ground who can help her get to a primary health care center. The charge should be minimal. Alternately, could anyone take her to a nearby clinic though this will cost more.

I think that cost money as well but not too sure except if antenatal is free in Nigeria. Right now we only have the one person running around and we don't want to overload her with all this responsibilities for now maybe if we get another volunteer.

tpia@:

3. The little boy should be in school if he's old enough. How can the parents go about registering him in one.

What are the public schools around.

Clothes etc can be provided by people around?

Prolly after sorting accommodation out for them then that will be the next step. According to the list the little boys school and need is included but since we are not sure of the area they are going to be moving to then its not advisable to look for school now

tpia@:

Things might be a bit hard to implement if the folks in nigeria do not get involved. Surely there are people who can help. Churches?

Don't know about that. . . . .
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ronkebp(f): 8:40pm On Nov 15, 2011
ifyalways:

@Tpia,Nice points.
I would be providing the wife and boy decent clothes on Sunday,with other sundry stuffs like foodstuffs,provision,multi vitamins and blood tonics.

The clinic idea is good but wud make more sense if its done after they've secured accomodation.

[b]@Ronke,Opening the account on their name does not mean giving them free access or leaving the money for them to utilize,NO.To the best of my knowledge,it takes an average of 1 week to get a withdrawal booklet or atm.With the help of the 2nd NLder,when the money is together,we'd go with the couple,get it out and pay for everything ourseleves(Icthe 2nd NLDer and couple),right down to going to the mkt.I would find out from the couple on sunday,the biz they wud want to do and report back here.[/b]The couple really won't be touching or handling money.That was what I had in mind.

Everly on your side, wish i was home, these are the types of jobs that pumps my blood. so glad!!!!
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by armyofone(m): 9:06pm On Nov 15, 2011
thoughtful of you guys.

ify nwa mama, bless you.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 9:33pm On Nov 15, 2011
I can see some progress. What i understand now we 're still yet to secure a bank acct in Nigeria.
@Ify, can you open a bank account with their names and keep the documents? I'm also against placing any money directly under their care at this time, they might divert the fund on other things at this critical time.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 9:38pm On Nov 15, 2011
ifyalways:

@Tpia,Nice points.

@Ronke,Opening the account on their name does not mean giving them free access or leaving the money for them to utilize,NO.To the best of my knowledge,it takes an average of 1 week to get a withdrawal booklet or atm.With the help of the 2nd NLder,when the money is together,we'd go with the couple,get it out and pay for everything ourseleves(Icthe 2nd NLDer and couple),right down to going to the mkt.I would find out from the couple on sunday,the biz they wud want to do and report back here.
The couple really won't be touching or handling money.That was what I had in mind.
With the new trend in banking, AdaUgo, it'll be difficult opening an account for that couple. It requires int'l passport or national ID card combined with a utility receipt and referree. So many hitches, just saying that you'll find it difficult opening for them. If I stay in Lag and i'm honest, i'll offer my account to be used temporarily. And yes, giving them raw cash is the very last thing we'll do.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 9:43pm On Nov 15, 2011
^^ how do we get a bank acct now?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 9:48pm On Nov 15, 2011
That'll be a challenge now, thats why i'm soliciting for an honest person to volunteer his bank account temporarily
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2011
I'd volunteer. #i wouldn't mind to follow Ify to the place on Sunday.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2011
^^ That will be great. God bless you.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ifyalways(f): 10:25pm On Nov 15, 2011
@Odunnu,I would have provided all the necessary documents for them(my international passport and utility bills) but I agree,it might slow things down but I can't post my names and account details on here.

I would discuss with my husband tonight and with his consent tomorrow,give my account details to Freiburger and R231.Anyone that wants to contribute wud notify them on this thread and they'd PM him/her the details.

@Freiburger,Can you kindly PM Olowotee my email address.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 11:04pm On Nov 15, 2011
Good!
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by delpee(f): 11:15pm On Nov 15, 2011
@Ifyalways
You are blessed for taking this up along with other interested parties. God will make all seemingly difficult things easy and we will all have cause to glorify Him when this couple is settled. The Mowe accomodation is a better idea for sustainability. A shop for the wife, ante natal care and a vocational training for the man though i feel a job (e.g. security) will be a great idea for sustenance while training.

BTW i wonder why the LG Chairman and Lagos State Social Welfare Dept has done nothing so far.

Anyhow lets do our bit. Well done my sister. Aa ni firu e san o. (May you never experience that type of situation). Amen.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 11:17pm On Nov 15, 2011
ifyalways:

@Odunnu,I would have provided all the necessary documents for them(my international passport and utility bills) but I agree,it might slow things down but I can't post my names and account details on here.

I would discuss with my husband tonight and with his consent tomorrow,give my account details to Freiburger and R231.Anyone that wants to contribute wud notify them on this thread and they'd PM him/her the details.

@Freiburger,Can you kindly PM Olowotee my email address.

Cool
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 15, 2011
Wow, things have surely advanced rapidly since the last time I popped in here. So Ifyalways actually went there? And here I was dreading the prospect of being mugged by area boys that obviously populate that zone. Anyways. It would be amazing if you guys can see this charitable effort through to its logical conclusion; but I would remain cautiously optimistic for now.

If/when we successfully help them secure accommodation, I think it would be more sustainable to find a stable, salaried job for the man, while we set up a small business for the woman (considering that women are generally better with such petty trade). I don't think the man is in a position to successfully manage a personal business at this point. A job in a factory or something like that would be better for him. So as long as the woman is making decent earning from her trade, while the man is also earning a decent salary, the two streams of income might help them maintain their improved station in life on a long term basis, hopefully.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by debosky(m): 12:11am On Nov 16, 2011
Count me in -

r231 if have account details I can send you the cash and then you forward to ify on my behalf.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 12:16am On Nov 16, 2011
^^^^^cool bro nice one

i will update you soon
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 12:55am On Nov 16, 2011
Volunteers for cash so far we have-------

Talina
Safo
Yamakuza
Coogar
pslm23
Odunnu
Freiburger
Jay bee
H$LBroker
OAM4J
ronkebp
debosky
r231

I know times are kind of hard at the moment but you can put a smile on these family's face this xmas

Nothing is too small, we are just trying to help.

If you are able to help please show your interest on this thread
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by SAFO(m): 1:30am On Nov 16, 2011
.Thank you all for organizing this. It's times like this that lets me realize that there is hope for mankind.

Just let us know where we need to send the money to.

God bless all of you.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by tpia5: 1:35am On Nov 16, 2011
BTW i wonder why the LG Chairman and Lagos State Social Welfare Dept has done nothing so far.

i'm also wondering.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (45) (Reply)

I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test / Anthony Chijioke: Dr. Ozuzu George Davidson Slept With My Wife (Photos) / My Mother Is Seeing Other Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.