Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (79469 Views)

Best Gifts For Your Family Under $150 / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 3:37pm On Nov 14, 2011
They 're too large to be posted here i've got to work on them.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 3:38pm On Nov 14, 2011
ok
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by jaybee3(m): 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2011
@Ify
I sent you a PM
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 3:49pm On Nov 14, 2011
I cant believe i'm finding it hard concentrating on my work just because of pictures I havent seen yet. Abeg, make una upload the picture na, kai!
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 3:49pm On Nov 14, 2011
Please send me PM too
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2011
Waiting. . .
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 14, 2011
Odunnu:

Waiting. . .

Abeg make una free Odunnu na! Post pishure!
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 3:53pm On Nov 14, 2011
very heart breaking one.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2011
, -

Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2011
These pictures were taken few hours ago.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2011
more on its way.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 14, 2011
Someone should consider body cream. The sun is just too harsh on them!
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yamakuza: 4:07pm On Nov 14, 2011
Ify, we thank you.

Freiburger:

They 're too large to be posted here i've got to work on them.

you can upload the originals to Flickr or Picasa and drop the url here.

[s]Someone else with proper tools can then resize and post them here.[/s]
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 4:18pm On Nov 14, 2011
::

Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by coogar: 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2011
jay bee:

^^^
Probably best not to put a ceiling figure to what needs raising.
What y'all need to agree on is what needs doing and how you go about executing 'em to the best of y'all's abilities.
Money is the least of the problem here

what needs doing is getting them a 2 bedroom apartment and little wonga to expand their business.
mr obuh can also be helped if he starts selling recharge cards/phone accessories.

if we cannot raise £1000 on nairaland then shame on all the members of this forum.
we spend more than half of that on smart phones. in actual fact, this should be an annual project. every concerned member should contribute something every year to help the underprivileged like the obuh family.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2011
coogar:

what needs doing is getting them a [b]2 bedroom apartment [/b]and little wonga to expand their business.
mr obuh can also be helped if he starts selling recharge cards/phone accessories.

if we cannot raise £1000 on nairaland then shame on all the members of this forum.
we spend more than half of that on smart phones. in actual fact, this should be an annual project. every concerned member should contribute something every year to help the underprivileged like the obuh family.

bro 2bed is too much o

so whats happen after the yrs rent run out undecided

at least we don't want to send him bck to sq one

just a room somewhere or a room and a parlour that's not too expensive

and like jaybee said maybe expand the woman's pure water biz and the guy can either find a labourer job or venture into a small biz too
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by coogar: 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2011
r231:

bro 2bed is too much o
so whats happen after the yrs rent run out undecided

oga sir, 2 bedroom is not too much.
they are a family of four(plus the baby on the way). how are they going to survive in one room?
before you know it, infant mortality - especially now in naija where lagos temperature would be a furnace

at least we don't want to send him bck to sq one

if we can pay 18 mths rent for them in any 2 bedroom, they should be fine.
their business in the next 18 months should pretty much cover the 6-month advance rent scheme most landlords do in lagos.

just a room somewhere or a room and a parlour that's not too expensive

the idea of one room and a sitting room makes sense. at least, that is like 2 rooms.
4 people in one bedroom itself is crazy.

and like jaybee said maybe expand the woman's pure water biz and the guy can either find a labourer job or venture into a small biz too

did ify ask what skill the man has?
if he doesn't have any skill, he can start any business. if he manages his profit well for 18 months then he should be okay with his rent from then on.
no amount is too small. interested members should contribute what they can muster.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2011
^^^^well we need to know what we are doing first

what area they want to move to

cost of apartment in that area

then what the man wants to do job wise

and then we can arrange for the money
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Ladilgs: 5:21pm On Nov 14, 2011
What needs to be done is this:
Accommodation  a minimum of a 2 bedroom flat with sufficient room for the wife to do business. This should cost only 400,000 naira (150,000 per year plus agreement and legal fee). They will need some furniture, nothing new just second hand stuff say 150,000 naira.

We need to get the man something to do. As he seems averse to work we can get him some money to start up a small trade say 300,000 to 350,00 naira for a small shop and stock. The wife can start something small in the space at the flat, just 100,000 naira will be ok.

The children need medical attention for the harsh exposure he has endured and needs to go to school, a modest school in those areas should be about 20,000 a term (one year payment just to get them up and going) that is 60,000.

The total we are looking at is :
-----------
=N=1,060,000

I feel we can raise this amount if we put our minds to it. What do you say guys?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2011
Ladilgs:

Accommodation  a minimum of a 2 bedroom flat with sufficient room for the wife to do business. This should cost only 400,000 naira (150,000 per year plus agreement and legal fee). They will need some furniture, nothing new just second hand stuff say 150,000 naira.

We need to get the man something to do. As he seems averse to work we can get him some money to start up a small trade say 300,000 to 350,00 naira for a small shop and stock. The wife can start something small in the space at the flat, just 100,000 naira will be ok.

The children need medical attention for the harsh exposure he has endured and needs to go to school, a modest school in those areas should be about 20,000 a term (one year payment just to get them up and going) that is 60,000.

-----------
=N=1,060,000

I feel we can raise this amount if we put our minds to it. What do you say guys?

say WHAT undecided undecided

you are kidding right

you might want to take that proposal to the govt

we just trying to help in a minimal way. . . well to the best of my knowledge
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Ladilgs: 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2011
I am sure the others will agree with me. Anyway since the cost will be spread. It should not be too much on any one.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by jaybee3(m): 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2011
^^^^
You are being overly unrealistic IMO
A headline figure s such will def get peeps uniterested hence the reason why i have been canvassing for agreement on things that needs doing and agreement in principle on how we go about it.

What guarantees you the man wouldn't start having the idea of having a second wife one he receives the dosh?
Dude needs to be empowered and that doesn't necessarily have to do with money.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2011
Ladilgs:

I am sure the others will agree with me. Anyway since the cost will be spread. It should not be too much on any one.

so where did you get your prices from

do you deal with properties, schools or hospital

and do you stay in Lagos
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Ladilgs: 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2011
r231:

so where did you get your prices from

do you deal with properties, schools or hospital

and do you stay in Lagos
Answers:
1, I don't live under a bridge so I know how much flats go for. That figure is very very modest and for outside Lagos.
2. As Above
3. Yes.

jay bee:

^^^^
You are being overly unrealistic IMO
A headline figure s such will def get peeps uniterested hence the reason why i have been canvassing for agreement on things that needs doing and agreement in principle on how we go about it.

What guarantees you the man wouldn't start having the idea of having a second wife one he receives the dosh?
Dude needs to be empowered and that doesn't necessarily have to do with money.

What is worth doing is worth doing well. I originally though we would simply call the social service people who will shape the man up, but the posts here have convinced me we need to help and do it properly.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 5:50pm On Nov 14, 2011
^^^^^well we have somebody working on it alrdy

and she has gone to visit the family this morning

so we are still waiting on the final report before we can conclude on anything

btw the reason why i ask if you are in Lagos is because I read your first thread bck in sept when you said that you stay with your sister and her husband in Abuja.

so you might be giving price for Abj
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yamakuza: 5:51pm On Nov 14, 2011
Ladilgs:

he is not the only project this season.

I think we should work around N300k budget.

200k housing
100k business

people can donate clothes and furniture, while they send the child to school from their income.

The publicity from this will make the govt throw in free health/maternity care.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Ladilgs: 5:54pm On Nov 14, 2011
yamakuza:

200k housing
100k business

people can donate clothes and furniture, while they send the child to school from their income.

If the government finds out they will take the child first and make the guy shape up.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 5:55pm On Nov 14, 2011
yamakuza:

200k housing
100k business

makes a lot of sense
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yamakuza: 6:12pm On Nov 14, 2011
Ladilgs:

Accommodation:
Room & Parlor: N150k
anywhere possible

Furniture: donation

We need to get the man : work or training

wife : N100,000 biz

The child(ren) need medical attention for the harsh exposure he has endured and needs to go to school : N50k ( change used to train man[b])[/b]

A modest school in those areas should be about : Free Education

-----------
300,000 (approx. $2k or £1k)

any excess donations can be saved for other projects.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 9:05pm On Nov 14, 2011
Ladilgs:

-----------
=N=1,060,000

I couldnt help it, but I had to LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL at this. You are such a funny man. School fees N60k, Furniture N150k, 2bedroom flat. . .
I beg your pardon Sir, those are luxuries!! We are only trying to help abeg.
A room is fair enough, leave furniture for now. Which kain 20k a term for school fees, whats the public school for? yours sincerely attended one anyway, the one sef that my ward is in - a private school sef, I pay 8k a term and he is doing well.
If he doesnt have any skill, he can help sell the pure water that should bring in more income, I mean both of them doing the business. Like 300k should settle all this wahala IMO
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 14, 2011
It gladdens my heart when I see people touch the lives of other fellow people in need. Most of us need a helping hand of various degrees in life.

I agree that if the amount needed is reasonable, there will be more help forthcoming. You do not need N350k to start a wosi wosi or pepper & tomato business; the woman said that she started her pure water business with N200 so lets try and keep things in perspective.

Sorry I havent read all the responses so forgive me if I have missed the post with an account number/procedure to put money in so please let me know. I am in Lagos at the moment and I would have sent someone to go and give the man money direct, but I think it will be a better idea if whatever we want to do is done in bulk so the money is useful rather than in dribs and drabs.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by tpia5: 10:12pm On Nov 14, 2011
in actual fact, this should be an annual project

naijaryders used to have something like that- a member who goes home annually took donations for a specific project to assist the underpriviledged.

i wish i was in nigeria now sha- i could have run around and begged/disturbed people till this man gets a stable job.

accommodation wouldnt be too much of a problem either.

but why isnt the family in any church?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply)

I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test / Anthony Chijioke: Dr. Ozuzu George Davidson Slept With My Wife (Photos) / My Mother Is Seeing Other Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.