Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,489 members, 7,816,156 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control (7317 Views)

The Religious Mind? / The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / Seun We Want A Pagan Traditionalist Mod On The Religious Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by emofine(f): 11:30pm On Nov 12, 2011
Joagbaje:

^^^^

You will see 10 of my works If you Follow this link http://www.redbubble.com/people/joeagbaje

Your work is lovely - a fellow artist speaking cool

It put a smile on my face.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Joagbaje(m): 7:00am On Nov 13, 2011
emofine:

Your work is lovely - a fellow artist speaking cool .It put a smile on my face.

Are you a painter,sculptor, Or designer? comment peux je vous réagir par la poste?
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by SirJohn(m): 7:33am On Nov 13, 2011
I cured my addiction a long time ago. . . took a break from 'posting' NL, now I just sit and watch. It actually took me a while to know that on NL, nobody is ever wrong and nobody is ever right. its fun seeing the same old gist wearing new titles and seeing same ol people engage in war of words so fierce that the two world wars put together only looks like childs play.
I shall still be watching from a distance and may return if my new found hobby gives me the chance. cheesy
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Joagbaje(m): 8:15am On Nov 13, 2011
SirJohn:

It actually took me a while to know that on NL, nobody is ever wrong and nobody is ever right.

Your right John, there are some topics Ive stopped responding to. It is and endless circle.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by emofine(f): 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2011
Joagbaje:

Are you a painter,sculptor, Or designer? comment peux je vous réagir par la poste?

I'm a painter but I design more than paint these days. . .erm I'm very weary of posting my details here, is there any other way I can share such with you privately?
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by runsgirl: 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2011
Addictive Nland cool
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 13, 2011
@op
Do you have an emotional problem ?
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:05pm On Nov 13, 2011
So all of you missed the part JESOUL said she was married

Mazaje thank you for stating the single most impotant thing on this thread jor. I gave up on this section a very long time ago, moved to politics and thought I found haven I was dead wrong again.

So now my name na sidon look and laugh sometimes.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by eghost247(m): 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2011
nairaland junkie lol,well your just addicted to the web it should stop when your occupied with something else
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 13, 2011
@op
lol. . . Howbeit, It's good to know that you minister to souls through your postings.

@Joagbade
kudos

@Jesoul married? Matters arising! Lol
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by dustydee: 2:48pm On Nov 13, 2011
;d ;d ;d
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by born2boink(m): 2:50pm On Nov 13, 2011
I am addicted to the Sexuality Section
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by chidyke77(m): 2:52pm On Nov 13, 2011
@poster,u hv a wife and kids yet u are so addicted to ths,do u ever hv the time for ur family?
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2011
Wow, I thought I was the only one. In recent times it became so bad that people at work were always commenting. 'is money being shared there', 'wetin de happen for that green site'. I've been on break for like 2 months. Hopefully when I resume, I'll turn off the led indicator of my phone or put in pouch upside down and resist the temptation of signing into my mail. It reduces my productivity big time. ✽
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Sirniyeh(m): 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2011
Very amazing! I've read all the posts on this topic but among all we have to clearify one thing. The mistake most people often do is to ascribe all their addictions to any evil force. That you are addicted to religion section of nairaland should not be believed that someone hypnotized you. It's a matter of what obsessed your mind. It's like responding to nairaland has taken the priority of your mind. Pls, the solution is to rearrange your mind's activities according to the scale of preference. This takes deep meditation to be achieved. Engage in some other things. Sometimes hobbies even turn people to something else, it is we that must plan our time for more profitable things. As for me, I only log to naira land when I'm in bed. Shikennah! But Pls, Seun is an innocent man, dont soil his name as many on this topic said he has one Baba somewhere.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 3:22pm On Nov 13, 2011
U're just fond of the forum is all
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by pendo89(f): 3:25pm On Nov 13, 2011
I cant stop laughing at the op post.
grin grin grin very funny indeed.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Marchman: 3:40pm On Nov 13, 2011
Wow, So I am not alone!

Been addicted to the religious section for sometime now. Guess what Frosbel is one of the reasons for this. He and I share similar views about prosperity preachers. Joagbaje with his Classic Christ Embassy views draw me to the section. But we have little in common eventhough we attend the same church!
os
I visit the section everyday, even though I have pledged several times not to visit this section here cos it was putting a distance between me and my church, and their craze for money.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 13, 2011
Joagbaje:

Well I still manage to have 3 major exhibitions so far this year. Hope  to still  have a small one for Christmas time.

There's some half Dressed ancient native couple who's picture I saw on Nairaland . Na I'm I go paint for you! cool
Bro, your artwork is inspiring.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by sholay2011(m): 6:22pm On Nov 13, 2011
@op, i jst av 1 advice 4 u - take a stroll 2 d nearest xpressway nd start commenting nd replying comments on d road, wateva happens 2 u shows hw far addictn cud go, gudlck, try it pls, practical is always beta dan theory, wink
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by toluxa1(m): 7:15pm On Nov 13, 2011
Lol. Was once addicted to this section as well. Long time ago when I used to have heavy debates with Pilgrim1 (Lord knows where he/she is now sef). I was just 18 then sef but first place I go when on the internet was Nairaland (Religion/Phone section mostly). Nairaland is still by far my most visited site, but I don't post much again. Just sit back and read learn and laugh too.

Joagbaje:

Je ne vous ai pas su parle/écrit français.

vos tableaux sont très beaux
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 13, 2011
lol @ frosbel, dont worry, we all went through this at one point . . . it will soon die off with time.

@ joagbaje, EXCELLENT paintings!
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by toluxa1(m): 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2011
Longest time davidylan
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2011
^^ thanks man!
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Joagbaje(m): 11:00pm On Nov 13, 2011
@emofine,

emofine:

I'm a painter but I design more than paint these days. . .erm I'm very weary of posting my details here, is there any other way I can share such with you privately?

My email is below as my signature. You can send your email to me
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by tpia5: 12:45am On Nov 14, 2011
^^does nigeria have a ceramics industry?

just wondering.

some of your work would look good on china.

eg the nigerian equivalent of scenes like these:

not saying you should rush into anything oh shocked

simply wondering if such is available locally in nigeria, that's all.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by tpia5: 4:13am On Nov 14, 2011
also @ joagbaje

why havent you joined in the discussion on yoruba art in culture section.

you must have taken some classes in art history, right?

does the subject matter go against your religious beliefs?

just curious.

i'm assuming you're yoruba.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by deols(f): 5:22am On Nov 14, 2011
HMMN! I felt like, God catch him heheheeeehhh.

frosbel (m)
London, UK.

Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control
« #17 on: 12-11-2011, 01:33:03 »

Thanks all for the advice.

I am happy to hear that no atheist, Moosie or prosperity champion is behind this. Grin

u cant b so sure man!. But it is good u think that way.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by N101: 11:18am On Nov 14, 2011
@ frosbel

I feel you - I had a similar experience as well. What I did was go cold turkey. Now I read more, write less, and often resist the urge to post. Difficult but doable. I think a lot about some of the stuff I read here but don't feel the need to reply, but it's leading me to start blogging again.

The other thing that has helped; not being able to get the internet on my phone regularly and having no high speed internet It helps curb the "addiction" grin
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by TrueSeeker(m): 11:59am On Nov 14, 2011
I was once like that until I determined not to reply or comment on post from certain posters.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 18, 2011
I am now convinced there are many true Christians on Nairaland.

The urge to be here all the time has been totally demolished.

This a great burden lifted  grin  , no more circular arguments, no more endless chatter and heated debate.

From now, it's post articles and make periodic comments.

Prayer is the Key.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Sweetnecta: 12:11pm On Nov 18, 2011
you will be back.

I know you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What If You Found Out That Fasting Has Nothing To Do With Food ? / Top 10 Churches You Would Find At Every Corner In Nigeria / Christian Evangelist Dismantles Atheism With One Scientific Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.