Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal (33407 Views)

Court Discharged & Acquitted Jonah Jang Of N6.3 Billion Corruption charges (pix) / I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje / How Attorney-general Malami Stalled N5.7 Billion Corruption Case Against Former (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by braveboi4life: 8:55pm On Mar 02
Most of this illicit corruption activities occured during the era of Buhari, .a man who claimed he is a master of fighting corruption yet supervised the worst corruption activity on our history, for tinubu if he fights corruption it will be a miracle because himself is corruption personified.

Obi and atiku might not be better but am sure the wicked and corrupt acts of buhari would have been revealed in public space.

Shame to our political class and their supporters
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by kayusely70(m): 9:08pm On Mar 02
Corruption will kill this country if care is not taken!
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by nonsoeloka: 9:28pm On Mar 02
[quote author=Minime10 post=128691928][/quote]
I smiled North North North North And Yoruba,😜🙌😜
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by Yolat129: 9:35pm On Mar 02
I give my apology to the Nigerian police. From today, I can bet that Nigerian custom is the most corrupt agency in nigeria.
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by Cisprints: 9:39pm On Mar 02
Wetin dey vex me be say, I don go sell my dollars wey I dey save for Japa.. now dollar on it way to #2500..
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by honor4me: 9:50pm On Mar 02
Racoon:
What does one expect when a government is headed by a very corrupt figurehead who entire life is just nothing but an embodiment of anything but criminality. Meanwhile, this is the one Nigeria criminality they always wanted.
And who did you vote for? Was it Obi who was not corrupt or the corruption personified entirely called Atiku
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by Hedonisco: 10:07pm On Mar 02
3seriez:

I still believe Hamid Ali as a no nonsense disciplined man. But fighting corruption in this country takes the will of God, one man can't do it alone. Corruption will always fight back.
If Buhari had made examples of some of these criminals from the go, most would have fall in line but we saw the opposite, he even pardoned convicted criminals. Fighting corruption should be a collective effort starting with the top dogs down to the crumb eaters. Very unfortunate.

Hamid Ali caved in and became as corrupt as any other Customs Boss. Ask why he went silent for the longest time and remained so ever since, after his initial gra gra.
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by sematec(m): 10:11pm On Mar 02
They should be prosecuted according and go to jail
sabotaging govt efforts and also indirectly contributing to insecurity in Nigeria
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by sylve11: 10:29pm On Mar 02
money121:
Nigeria can destroy, break and humble anybody. The ex-customs boss, Hamid Ali was a spartan and disciplinarian to the core, yet see what the customs he headed for 8yrs was still doing under his nose. No sign that anything changed under him just like Buhari, his boss. Corruption was allowed to eat too deep into the fabric of this nation and I'll still never forgive IBB for it

So sad🥲🥲🥲 Won ti paa Nigeria si ara too bad cry cry

Nigerians corrupt too much jare. lipsrsealed cool
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by bejeria101(m): 10:33pm On Mar 02
Na today grin grin grin
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by ShootThemAll(m): 10:37pm On Mar 02
[quote author=Minime10 post=128691928][/quote]

"Just say the other one on the other side" attend Redeem (RCCG) and mendacious, deceitful P.A. Adeboye is their GO. Bunch of criminals!
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by obaidan: 10:43pm On Mar 02
President moved funds for drug cartel, chief of staff banned from law practice because of fraudulent dealings, vice president: boko haram bomber found in his governors lodge few days after carrying out a bombing act.

Do you expect a customs boss that is an angel?
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by Burob: 10:57pm On Mar 02
Racoon:
Way to go. The days of open executions should be brought back otherwise many of these hardened criminals will never learn.
When your papa na Military Administrator, you no talk anything about execution by firing squad?

Abi popsy no carry money?
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by nedekid: 11:00pm On Mar 02
BigBlackPreek:
That's how Atiku made his billions whilst still in charge of The Nigerian Custom Service
Oga, leave Atiku out if this matter. He left Nigeria custom service 35 years ago and went into private business. If he made billions in customs back then it would have finished long time ago, even before he join politics 1999. Afterall, where are his peers that retired with him back them 1989? How many people chopped money 35 years ago and still have money today? Do you even realise that ₦1b not even just billions you mention was an unheard of amount 35-40 years ago? When I was on ibadan in the early 90s schooling I remember changing $100 for 5k at Sabo.
Do you know ₦1b in 1989 @₦7.50k to 1 dollar would have been $134m? Not even controller general of customs could have stollen 1b not to talk of billions. The whole budget of Nigeria 1989 was about ₦37b.
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by Burob: 11:01pm On Mar 02
obaidan:
President moved funds for drug cartel, chief of staff banned from law practice because of fraudulent dealings, vice president: boko haram bomber found in his governors lodge few days after carrying out a bombing act.

Do you expect a customs boss that is an angel?
You are no different from them, abi your family members no be Nigerian civil servants also?
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by Burob: 11:02pm On Mar 02
nedekid:

Oga, leave Atiku out if this matter. He left Nigeria custom service 35 years ago and went into private business. If he made billions in customs back then it would have finished long time ago, even before he join politics 1999. Afterall, where are his peers that retired with him back them 1989? How many people chopped money 35 years ago and still have money today? Do you even realise that ₦1b not even just billions you mention was an unheard of amount 35-40 years ago? When I was on ibadan in the early 90s schooling I remember changing $100 for 5k at Sabo.
Do you know ₦1b in 1989 @₦7.50k to 1 dollar would have been $134m? Not even controller general of customs could have stollen 1b not to talk of billions. The whole budget of Nigeria 1989 was about ₦37b.
Atiku Abubakar grand theft customs, I remember the Nintendo game.
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by Faposky95: 11:11pm On Mar 02
Read A, B, C....before talking brighter grammar...
Your present President still dey collect billions in pensions....true or false.....?!
...and una wan kii corruption....?
Una nefa ready
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by VanuatuWycombe: 11:15pm On Mar 02
Thereishel:

What of politicians big thieves?

Politicians are learners, when placed side-by-side with civil servants.

Without civil servants, politicians can’t stea! Civil servants has always shown politicians the ropes.

1 Like

Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by Chicagograduate(m): 11:22pm On Mar 02
This is an injustice to the yahoo boys who are randomly arrested at midnight,paraded with laptops and sent to jail.Efcc is selective.
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by Yankee101: 12:00am On Mar 03
Don’t leave out Zone A that covers from Lagos Badagry to Saki in Oyo State. All those border areas have high smuggling rates too all the way to Ogun state

1 Like

Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by RussellRutherfo: 12:20am On Mar 03
Racoon:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/672132-exclusive-top-nigeria-customs-officers-enmeshed-in-multi-billion-naira-corruption-scandal.html

Nothing anyone will tell me something is wrong with blackman. Such greed against his own people so all your stupid nairalanders who write gibberish about the white man being our problem are all liars.
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by mkoabiola: 12:24am On Mar 03
Customs is corrupt like efcc

They Will sweep under carpet as usual
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by goody234: 2:00am On Mar 03
every nigerian is corrupt its our way of life
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by Shikena(m): 3:49am On Mar 03
This has been going on for ages.

Racoon:
What does one expect when a government is headed by a very corrupt figurehead who entire life is just nothing but an embodiment of anything but criminality. Meanwhile, this is the one Nigeria criminality they always wanted.

1 Like

Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by tafabaloo(m): 4:46am On Mar 03
Efcc operatives equally need to be investigated.
Many of them are stupendously rich wey far above their legitimate earnings.
The difference is they appear to be smarter in concealing their ill gotten wealths.
To catch some of them, you may need to arrest their father or mother in-laws......thieves running after thieves.

1 Like

Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by Newton1045: 5:06am On Mar 03
Chinkoalhaji34:
Na wa o! Corruption don enta customs too, dem must chop money even as dem dey protect di country, make dem no forget say dem go give account.

Custom is corruption embodiment.
Why do people struggle to join

1 Like

Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by jattopeter(m): 6:39am On Mar 03
This is not new.
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by Dalohad: 6:52am On Mar 03
Hausa, Fulanis and we yorubas have killed the Nigerian customs. They are the reason why even legit goods are expensive..

All custom officers and even junior ranks have pot bellies.. Criminals all of them.. If Dora Akunyili was alive, I would have advocated she is made Custom comptroller general, so she can sanitize the rot therein..
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by Bluntemperor: 7:02am On Mar 03
alpharoyalty:
There is a reason customs and most federal agencies are filled with hausa and fulanis.
People should question how atiku abubaka got his money, a man that wants to be president of a country called Nigeria.

Borders are too porous in the North and they are never Closed, even during Buhari and he kept Alli there for 8-years,an already a Retired man.
The Custom Officials - are very Corrupt and highly UnPatriotic, with very few exceptions ,as they seized goods -Contrabands,collect bribes easily and that is why they lobbies to be posted across the Borders!
Custom Dept supposed to be one of the highest Revenue generating dept of the Govt but most of their collections don't reflect,as they treat it personal and this is killing Nigeria!
It will take a long time for this dept to offload this Corruption!
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by rafcrown(m): 8:26am On Mar 03
Dangerous weapons brought into the country despite having NCS..
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by kuntash: 8:27am On Mar 03
whippersnapper:
The corruption wey dey customs na grade A I know of a former state comptroller who built a billion naira hotel. This country na Everyman for himself oh if you like no steal your unborn kids go swear for your papa

And you are sure your unborn kids would be safer in the hands of terrorists and kidnappers or would the looting you would loot be sufficient to pay their rasome ?

Very shallow and childish opinion
Re: Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal by whippersnapper(m): 8:58am On Mar 03
kuntash:

And you are sure your unborn kids would be safer in the hands of terrorists and kidnappers or would the looting you would loot be sufficient to pay their rasome ?

Very shallow and childish opinion
everybody dey steal you no go steal no go zuzu oh na Nija we dey use your head. If you can’t beat them you join them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Declared-Wanted Terrorist Captured In Adamawa / Photos Of Peter Obi Billboard In Uyo / “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.