Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. (1819 Views)

Dumbest Thing You've Done To Gain Your Crush's Attention / What Is The Dumbest Lie Your Ex Ever Told You? / What Is The Dumbest Thing U Ever Did For A Crush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by ghboytelle(m): 7:37am On Nov 12, 2011
To move in with her boyfriend before they marry.

the reason is you are already acting the wife role.

so what's the point of marriage.

listen am not trying to be mean,but if you are not planning to get married, cohabitation is fine, but if you are its a bad idea.

http://imfcanada.org/default.aspx?go=article&aid=1193&tid=8

Cohabiting relationships which precede marriage are characteristically unstable, while cohabiting relationships which do not move into marriage are characterized not only by “high levels of instability but also especially low levels of relationship interaction and happiness.”[viii]

"3. Living Together Doesn't Necessarily Lead to Marriage
After five to seven years, 21 percent of most cohabitating couples are still doing just that -- cohabitating, without getting married. In a new study by Popenoe and Whitehead, one of the top 10 reasons why men said that they are reluctant to get married at all is because they can simply live with a woman -- and enjoy the same benefits."

http://www.ivillage.com/3-reasons-why-researchers-say-living-together-marriage-risky/4-a-284085

incase for people that don't know
cohabitation:
the act of living together and having a sexual relationship (especially without being married).
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by Amya(f): 7:57am On Nov 12, 2011
It doesn't really matter. I've seen people who don't live together have a relationship of more than ten years. Guy ended up marrying someone else.
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by ghboytelle(m): 8:00am On Nov 12, 2011
Amya:

It doesn't really matter. I've seen people who don't live together have a relationship of more than ten years. Guy ended up marrying someone else.

atleast she wasn't living with him like a married women ,who cooks for him,cleans the house like a wife.
they kept their distance.
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by ghboytelle(m): 8:08am On Nov 12, 2011
he is already getting what he wants without marrying you so whats the point.
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by pendo89(f): 8:14am On Nov 12, 2011
Dumb and dumber>> Losing your own self. The moment a lady surrenders her mind and stops applying reason and soberness leaving the man to think on her behalf,initiate everything, I mean when you lose control of your own self you become useless.
A lady in a mature relationship should be an independent thinker,have her own life going on so that when they meet everything is balanced.
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by eghost247(m): 9:03am On Nov 12, 2011
ghboytelle:

is to move in with her boyfriend before they marry. yet you complain you have been in courtship for 9 years geee i wonder why.
lmao@op who collect your feeding bottle?
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by ghboytelle(m): 9:17am On Nov 12, 2011
pendo89:

Dumb and dumber>> Losing your own self. The moment a lady surrenders her mind and stops applying reason and soberness leaving the man to think on her behalf,initiate everything, I mean when you lose control of your own self you become useless.
A lady in a mature relationship should be an independent thinker,have her own life going on so that when they meet everything is balanced.

agreeeed!!! same thing can be said for guys too.
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by Dyt(f): 9:25am On Nov 12, 2011
Well as 4 me, i cant marry a man i dont live wit atleast 6mnths
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by skydeep(f): 10:17am On Nov 12, 2011
Can somebody interprete what the poster is saying? undecided
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by freecocoa(f): 10:21am On Nov 12, 2011
^
Finally,now I know the fault is not from my eyes,thank you dear.
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by Goldieluks: 10:24am On Nov 12, 2011
Read the replies and you'd get the gist.^^^

@OP, shiit happens but it is totally useless for a girl to date a guy more than three years without,
even a common engagement or marriage. And as for a girl to move in with a guy who is not
yet married to her,i'd say she's already lost her sanity.
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by freecocoa(f): 10:30am On Nov 12, 2011
^
If they are talking about living with a man before marriage,that's a no no for me,I'm outta here jare.
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by ghboytelle(m): 10:34am On Nov 12, 2011
freecocoa:

^
If they are talking about living with a man before marriage,that's a no no for me,I'm outta here jare.

yes that's what i mean, sorry i should of been more straight forward.

you are practically doing a wife's role before marriage.

it's almost like being intimate with a guy who isn't yet your boyfriend.
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by ghboytelle(m): 10:37am On Nov 12, 2011
Dyt:

Well as 4 me, i cant marry a man i dont live wit atleast 6mnths

but would you already act like a wife to him?
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by freecocoa(f): 10:40am On Nov 12, 2011
ghboytelle:

yes that's what i mean, sorry i should of been more straight forward.

you are practically doing a wife's role before marriage.

it's almost like being intimate with a guy who isn't yet your boyfriend.
and what makes you think every girl plays the wife role before marriage?
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by ghboytelle(m): 10:55am On Nov 12, 2011
freecocoa:

then i guess you will not play the wife role once i marry you, because you will already be too use to living with me just the same way.
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by ghboytelle(m): 10:56am On Nov 12, 2011
freecocoa:

but you already said the right thing so i won't be too hard on you.
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by freecocoa(f): 11:00am On Nov 12, 2011
ghboytelle:

but you already said the right thing so i won't be too hard on you.
okay na,I for tell you say cocoa no fear you o.
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by Spclst900: 11:53am On Nov 12, 2011
so true poster.
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by pendo89(f): 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2011
you modified the post.
Your title should have been 'cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever ,
leaving title as it is makes people imagine all weird things women do.

nway one of the reason people cohabit is expensive dowry demands. Not honourable but it happens.
others prefer test runs.others convinience.so many excuses.
At the end of the day.It your life
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by Andrew3(m): 1:47pm On Nov 12, 2011
SOME PEOPLE WILL NOT GET MARRIED BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT SINGLE. grin grin
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by 190smh: 2:29pm On Nov 12, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by claremont(m): 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2011
I honestly don't have a clue about what the point of this poster is!
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by ghboytelle(m): 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2011
claremont:

I honestly don't have a clue about what the point of this poster is!

if you agree that cohabitation before marriage is a good idea then argue its good. For me am on the opposite side i believe cohabitation is bad for people who are thinking of marriage.

cohabitation:
the act of living together and having a sexual relationship (especially without being married).
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 12, 2011
[size=14pt]If it's Dumb for a lady, it's dumb for a man as well. What's with the gender compartmentalization? [/size]
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by ghboytelle(m): 9:43pm On Nov 12, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]If it's Dumb for a lady, it's dumb for a man as well. What's with the gender compartmentalization? [/size]

but its the guy who pops up the question, will you marry me.
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 12, 2011
[size=14pt]Not in all cases. . .[/size]
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by iice(f): 6:43am On Nov 13, 2011
To each his own.
Re: cohabitation,the dumbest thing a woman can ever do. by Njgirl1: 7:23pm On Nov 14, 2011
@sexkillz lets be realistic it is so not same 4 both men and women we live in a chauvinist world eg dudes come 2 nl and brag about how many chicks dey ve done if a chick does same then she sudenly becomes a slot and there re about a million female virginity threads and only a handful of male virginity threads.
@post seriously there should be a duration u wld date wether cohabiting or not and if d dude hasnt mentioned d m word then u should take to ur heels except if u aint interested in d m word.

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read For Ladies Seeking Rich Husbands / She Thinks I'm Not Serious / Cant Fight The Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.