Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

The Worst State Capital You Have Visited - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Worst State Capital You Have Visited (16477 Views)

BOKO HARAM,Since 5 Years,Common State Capital You Can't Capture.SHAME ON YOU. / Nominate Your Worst State Governor Of The Year 2012 / Who Is The Worst State Governor Ever In Human History? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by jason123: 6:38pm On Nov 12, 2011
Bush people, how can one say Ibadan and Akure are bad?? Even Abeokuta shocked embarassed
Tell all these fake stories to the Diasporans.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by aljharem(m): 6:41pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dede1:

I knew time will vindicate me on Nairaland. The day I tabled the worst state capitals I have gone to or passed by, bigots crawled out of backwater throwing insults.

The dirtiest and structurally dilapidated capitals I have ever seen in Nigeria are:

Ibadan
Abeokuta
Oshogbo
Ado Ekiti

I am tempted to add Akure to the list but it looks progressively modern.

I disagree, Ibadan and Abeokuta should not be there

In fact my recent visit to Ibadan showed that the it is third only after lagos and abuja

the house prices are second to Abuja and sometimes more than Lagos

do you know of the COCO mall built in the heart of Ibadan ?

there is no bigotry here, but Ibadan and akeokuta are far much more advance than any other capital apart from Port harcount
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by gidson12(m): 6:47pm On Nov 12, 2011
ado-ekiti and lokoja are sh.i.t holes
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by KnowAll(m): 6:53pm On Nov 12, 2011
There is nothing wrong with Ado-Ekiti, it looks like a typical Yoruba City. With time having been made a capital new development would suffice at d outskirts just like Ibadan.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Relax101(m): 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2011
There's nothing wrong with Umuahia.
You have the modest part and the business district.
Asaba seems to be the best modern capital. I think so.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by jason123: 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2011
Relax101:

There's nothing wrong with Umuahia.
You have the modest part and the business district.
[b]Asaba seems to be the best modern capital. I think s[/b]o.

You are joking, right??

1 Like

Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by jason123: 7:08pm On Nov 12, 2011
alj harem:

In fact my recent visit to Ibadan showed that the it is third only after lagos and abuja

there is no bigotry here, but Ibadan and akeokuta are far much more advance than any other capital apart from Port harcount

Most of them have not been to these cities, yet, they talk as if they have been there.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by jmaine: 7:12pm On Nov 12, 2011
Whoever placed Osogbo on those list should kindly remove it . . .
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Afam4eva(m): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2011
After Lokoja, i'll ad Ibadan. This city may be large and all that but it's really dirty and can give me headache just like Onitsha. I remember one of my visits to Ibadan where i saw a billboard that read "Keep Ibadan clean and green". The billboard and the area surrounding it were really filty.

I don't agree with people tat added Akure. It is one of the most progressive cities in Nigeria. It's kinda like Asaba.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by jason123: 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2011
afam4eva:

After Lokoja, i'll ad Ibadan. This city may be large and all that but it's really dirty and can give me headache just like Onitsha. I remember one of my visits to Ibadan where i saw a billboard that read "Keep Ibadan clean and green". The billboard and the area surrounding it were really filty.

I don't agree with people tat added Akure. It is one of the most progressive cities in Nigeria. It's kinda like Asaba.

The same Ibadan?! shocked
Filthy, yes. The worst capital, certainly not.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=595245&page=3
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Afam4eva(m): 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2011
jason123:

The same Ibadan?! shocked
Filthy, yes. The worst capital, certainly not.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=595245&page=3

It's the second worst capital that i've been to after Lokoja.

Btw, i have been to Awka, Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Akure, Port-hacourt, Benin City, Ibadan etc.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2011
I maintain dat sum of the maddest pipl in naija r on nairaland. Hau cn you talk bout d worst state capitals wen u hvnt been to damaturu d capital wt js one roundabout,gusau and birnin kebbi? Hau many al majiris did you find on the streets of lokoja,ado or umuahia?I live in maiduguri n wld gladly trade it for a place in lokoja nau,its evn dead wt ds boko haram now. Clowns wnt seize to amaze me on nairaland
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Afam4eva(m): 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2011
ctrume:

I maintain dat sum of the maddest pipl in naija r on nairaland. Hau cn you talk bout d worst state capitals wen u hvnt been to damaturu d capital wt js one roundabout,gusau and birnin kebbi? Hau many al majiris did you find on the streets of lokoja,ado or umuahia?I live in maiduguri n wld gladly trade it for a place in lokoja nau,its evn dead wt ds boko haram now. Clowns wnt seize to amaze me on nairaland

If you read the thread properly you'll realize that you're the clown here. The thread says "The Worst State Capital You Have Visited". It doesn't say "The worst capital you haven't visited". Got it?
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by olawalebabs(m): 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2011
Afam, i like your reply. Keep it up, the guy location is reading Abuja yet he claim he stay in maiduguri.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Beaf: 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2011
Oshogbo
Ado Ekiti
Damaturu
Lafia
Lokoja

Horrible places. angry
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by jason123: 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2011
afam4eva:

It's the second worst capital that i've been to after Lokoja.

Btw, i have been to Awka, Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Akure, Port-hacourt, Benin City, Ibadan etc.

Well, I can't say much since I have not been to that many capitals.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by yusuf01(m): 7:45pm On Nov 12, 2011
@ Chino 11; needless to say Im no Boko, I live in Lagos and Im no Aboki. Why are you annoyed when I said Awka is the worst I'v been to. The last time I checked, Im not the only one that said Awka is the worst; why the unnecessary display of bigotry? I don't want to be drawn into anything here, you have your opinion as much as I have mine, and that remains AWKA IS THE WORST STATE CAPITAL I've been to. End of story.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by olawalebabs(m): 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2011
Am not surprise at beaf comment, any Aregbe no dey sell for him side
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by KnowAll(m): 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2011
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=936406

Ado Ekiti is not bad oh embarassed. Why some people have bad belle for Yoruba cities I DON'T Know
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Afam4eva(m): 7:59pm On Nov 12, 2011
KnowAll:

Ado Ekiti is not bad oh embarassed. Why some people have bad belle for Yoruba cities I DON'T Know

It's a matter of choice.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Dede1(m): 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2011
alj harem:

I am mostly disappointed with Ibadan because of its status as a former regional capital. Also, if we have to go by images of the founder and builder of Lagos as created by few loudmouths, one wonders where the charity actually began in the case of Ibadan. I guess the reverse is the case.  

Even before Port Harcourt became a state capital, it will be insane to compare garden city with archaic-looking typical Yoruba town such as Abeokuta.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 12, 2011
KnowAll:

Ado Ekiti is not bad oh  embarassed. Why some people have bad belle for Yoruba cities I DON'T Know  

Most of them have not visited it either. Na Ileke-Idi syndrome lol grin

Ekiti is one clean state, which is moderately developing.

My Aunt just came back from Akure about 2 weeks ago. She was singing praises. She just decided to build another house there just because she enjoyed her last visit. Akure is def becoming developed, I give her 5yrs top to rival Lagos if she continues like this.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Htman: 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2011
cant say, port harcourt traffic is bad angry angry
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by oraclefemi(m): 8:19pm On Nov 12, 2011
It is Ado Ekiti, very messed up state capital , trust me i school there, go to dia GRA , you go laugh tire .So sad for them . There is no major factory in the whole of EKITI state!
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Darey00(m): 8:35pm On Nov 12, 2011
Im terrible wen it comes to travelling around d country.
Have only being to 5 capitals namely:
Ikeja(obviously)
Abeokuta(i currently reside here)
Akure
Osogbo
Ibadan

I would say dat im very impressed with wot i saw while in Akure,i stayed dere for 4 days so i was opportuned 2 explore d city,its gud,nice roads n all dat. D person saying dat Ore-Ondo-Akure road is bad,i beg 2 differ. D road is a glory 2 behold.

Abeokuta is THE WORST capital i've eva been 2. I stay der nw cos im a student of Unaab. Mehn,d whole city is a very big embarrasment 2 Nigeria. Dirty towns abound,like Lafenwa,Sapon,Kuto 2 mention but a few. D roads r just too narrow,especially d Abeokuta-Ibadan road,d road z in single lane(u dont make a major expressway in single lane 4 crying out loud!).
Even d state huz in Kuto z a shame. Only Oke Ilewo is a bit OK. D place z DIRTY
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by peckhamboi: 8:41pm On Nov 12, 2011
Thunder fire anybody that puts Ibadan in the list. Ibadan is easily the most developed capital excluding Ikeja and Ph.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Afam4eva(m): 8:43pm On Nov 12, 2011
peckhamboi:

Thunder fire anybody that puts Ibadan in the list. Ibadan is easily the most developed capital excluding Ikeja and Ph.

You may be right and you may be wrong. But that's not what the thread aims to achieve.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by TRACK: 9:30pm On Nov 12, 2011
The answer is ADO EKITI. I served there and it is the 'winner' in this regard.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by mercenaryx(m): 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2011
If U have been to Jalingo then U will see Awka,OSHOGBO,Benin, Umuaiha et al as Paris!, That place look like Hitler's toilet.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Xmind1: 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2011
Sokoto. Took me a long search to locate an eatery ( Mr Biggs). An old State capital but has got nothing to show for it.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Ayowumie(m): 9:51pm On Nov 12, 2011
If anybody mentioned ibadan, i wudnt much surprised depending on the yardstick. Ibadan has really gone from bad to worse. Ibadan 20 years is finer and more developed dan the ibadan of now.

Back to d thread, i guess Damaturu is d worst state. Even telecoms netwks are poor. Anyway, we thnk God for d new road constructn in d capital.
D 2nd worst wud be Lafia. Its a shallow capital.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by jaz(m): 9:52pm On Nov 12, 2011
@ darey, @ dede, u guys should stop looking and start seeing. I bet u got eyes, so put them to use.
Where in kuto, sapon etc is dirty, i dare you to put pictures. If u want filthy areas in a state capital go to lagos. Ibadan is dirty but far from d worst.
It seems most nairalanders are southerners cos we havent heard much about the north. Some friends of mine who served in d north dont hav good stories

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bagudu’s $155m Settlement Deal With The FG: The Inside Details By The Cable / "Accuse Buhari Of Receiving Pension & Risk Criminal Investigation" - Garba Shehu / Labour Party Won All Their Elections – Evans Bipi Alleges Rigging In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.