Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,839 members, 7,838,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! (2303 Views)

Onitsha River Bank Modernization By Gov Soludo (video) / Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State / Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by mightyhazel: 3:18pm On Mar 02
A city that was reduced to rubbles a few decades ago..

What you see by the way is individual sweat ..

More than impressive

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by NwaliE01: 3:58pm On Mar 02
VEHINTOLAR:
Where are the audio Billionaires when you need them ?!!!

Why are you always mischievous?
Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by Abagworo(m): 4:23pm On Mar 02
Onitsha has thousands of multistorey buildings useful for the type of business going on there. Skyscrapers often serve as regional headquaters of multinational firms or they will end up as useless monuments.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by CentralIntels: 4:26pm On Mar 02
Which does the glorified village Owerri has? Tell us about your useless backward imo state than always moving around like an ediot in every thread about Anambra. Anambra doesn’t need your validation because we know our worth and status are tops

Abagworo:
Onitsha has thousands of multistorey buildings useful for the type of business going on there. Skyscrapers often serve as regional headquaters of multinational firms or they will end up as useless monuments.
Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by Ofodirinwa: 5:14pm On Mar 02
Topman7:
I’m baffled that a big city like Onitsha hasn’t got even ONE skyscraper.

Is it a matter of state govt policy or regulation prohibiting more than say 5 storeys?

Is there even ONE building in Onitsha taller than 5 storeys?

I admit I’m not an expert on the city. I’m going by what I see posted online.

And the thing about a place like Onitsha is that once one person builds it, many others will follow.

Highly competitive place.

Make no mistake, having a good skyline shows seriousness as a business hub.

It’s a statement to investors, that this is a serious environment with people who know how to make money.

Based on the building code in Onitsha you cannot surpass 6 or 5 stories
Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by Topman7: 5:49pm On Mar 02
Armaggedon:
Foolish people boku for Nigeria. So sky scrapper is now development. This was why awolowo went and built cocoa house in Ibadan. Did it stop Ibadan from becoming a slum? Nigeria doesn't even have a single sky scrapper even though some people are obsessed with it.

Imagine uyo that is still a village. Instead engaging your population in a productive venture, you are dreaming of sky scrapper.

Oh shut up.

What do you mean Nigeria hasn’t got a skycraper?

A skyscraper is defined as a building of at least 100 meters in height, and Nigeria has MANY.

Illiterate with attitude.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 6:06pm On Mar 02
Topman7:
Dudes, it’s companies that build skyscrapers, not individuals.

So it’s really silly telling me to build a gaddem skyscraper.
Not true. It's common in India, there are rich people who live in Skyscraper with their families. In Malaysia too i have seen individuals like Lim Kok Thay building skyscrapers.
Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by Anguldi(m): 6:21pm On Mar 02
Objectivist04:
It really baffling that the entire south east don't have highrise building except the one Vincent Maduka built in a village In Anambra.
I don't know how our leaders and people think.
The following states have high-rise buildings in Nigeria.
Lagos
Oyo
Ogun (built by gov gbenga Daniel)
Delta
Edo
Rivers
Beyalsa( by fg)
Akwa lbom (also by state govt)
Kano
Kaduna
That madukas hospital in his home town.
Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by jamesversion: 6:43pm On Mar 02
When you're one the 90th floor and Nepa take light. grin

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by Laird(m): 7:40pm On Mar 02
I am Igbo but building skyscrapers anywhere in the East is an unnecessary waste of time and resources

When in USA, skyscrapers office complexes are crashing in price or is it private individuals in onitsha that would bring our their money to pay expensive rents for bragging rights that they stay in a skyscraper

What is needed are factories amd.power plants that produce items we import and employ people

Not a big for nothing skyscraper

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by OVB123: 9:03pm On Mar 02
Topman7:

I still don’t understand why that dude built that thing in his village.
It was waste of scarce resources.
Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by Exousiang01(m): 9:29pm On Mar 02
Topman7:

If were Governor Soludo I would find a company to build a skyscraper in Onitsha.
The Governor would tell a company what to build and how to build it?

Lol...
You are very smart
Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by Putinofrussia: 9:44pm On Mar 02
Armaggedon:
Foolish people boku for Nigeria. So sky scrapper is now development. This was why awolowo went and built cocoa house in Ibadan. Did it stop Ibadan from becoming a slum? Nigeria doesn't even have a single sky scrapper even though some people are obsessed with it.

Imagine uyo that is still a village. Instead engaging your population in a productive venture, you are dreaming of sky scrapper.

That cocoa house skyscraper was what made your ancestors flee SE to become slaves in SW.
It is what has made the city of Ibadan more developed than the entire 5 SE states combined till date.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by Burob: 9:49pm On Mar 02
mrvitalis:

Buy the land and build one for yourself na
Even the Apga Judas, Mr consumption to production, no fit build one?

Shameless man, he couldn’t even get Fidelity Bank to build one edifice in Onitsha?

Useless Hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by Burob: 9:52pm On Mar 02
Abagworo:
Even Fidelity Bank, banco Ndi Anambra no fit build one edifice for there?

Gringory Obi is a Hypocrite.

Na em ABC Orjiakofor go build towering edifice for Eko Atlantic.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by 1Alex: 9:53pm On Mar 02
Topman7:

Is it a matter of state govt policy or regulation prohibiting more than say 5 storeys?

And the thing about a place like Onitsha is that once one person builds it, many others will follow.

It’s a statement to investors, that this is a serious environment with people who know how to make money.

sky scrappers are built in a city where there are no spaces to build houses.
Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by Burob: 9:55pm On Mar 02
1Alex:
sky scrappers are built in a city where there are no spaces to build houses.
Nonsense, reverse is the case, you build up, when there is no space for width expansion.

Black man lacks futuristic imagination, that is the problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by DWickedLandLord: 9:58pm On Mar 02
VEHINTOLAR:
Where are the audio Billionaires when you need them ?!!!

The fact that Yoruba people was scrolling this thread looking for this post is hilarious to me
😂🤣😂😒

The fact that Igbos having money burns some people's soul is wild as fvck

They didn't stop printing money after the igbos touched it. Na wa o......odiegwu

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by 9japride(m): 9:59pm On Mar 02
Topman7:

[color=#006600][/color]

Skyscrapers don't define a modern city. There are a lot of European countries that don't have skyscrapers in their major cities.
Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by 1Alex: 10:31pm On Mar 02
Burob:
Nonsense, reverse is the case, you build up, when there is no space for width expansion.

Black man lacks futuristic imagination, that is the problem.

Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by 1Alex: 10:39pm On Mar 02
Crokky:
People build Skyscrapers for different reasons
1. Lack of space to spread the building horizontally
2. Cost of the land
3. Monument
4. Tourist attraction
So why would onitsha need one?
the only reason for skyscrapers is lack of space.
Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by Babalegba(m): 11:37pm On Mar 02
DWickedLandLord:

The fact that Yoruba people was scrolling this thread looking for this post is hilarious to me
😂🤣😂😒

The fact that Igbos having money burns some people's soul is wild as fvck

They didn't stop printing money after the igbos touched it. Na wa o......odiegwu
Must you bring tribe into everything.Anyway most igbo big money are not clean. Clean money is best
Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by Topman7: 11:45pm On Mar 02
Armaggedon:
look at this wild monkey sourcing definition from Wikipedia. Ewu!

If that is the case, Eiffel tower qualifies as a skyscraper because it is tall. Monkey 🐒

A sky scrapper must be a habitable building measured mainly by number of habitable floors. Monkey🐒

What Nigeria has are unproductive high-rise buildings below 33 floors. Monkey 🐒

This maggot thinks he can post any mushroom image to back his illiterate claim.

Please see the definition of SKYCRAPER, by a credible industry source, EMPORIS.

skyscraper (ESN 24419 )

Definition:

A skyscraper is defined on Emporis as a multi-story building whose architectural height is at least 100 meters. This definition falls midway between many common definitions worldwide, and is intended as a metric compromise which can be applied across the board worldwide. The 100-meter cutoff for a skyscraper coincides with the cutoff for the Emporis Skyscraper Award.

Abstract:
A multi-story building at least 100 meters tall.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150511222640/http://www.emporis.com/building/standard/75/skyscraper

''According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, the general consensus is that skyscrapers must be at least 100 meters...''

oops!

https://uni.xyz/topic/skyscraper/about

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by Topman7: 11:53pm On Mar 02
Tallest Nigerian SKYSCRAPERS

NECOM House 160 m 32 Lagos
Champagne Pearl Tower 134 m 34 Lagos
Union Bank Building 124 m 28 Lagos
WTC Tower 2 120 m 25 Abuja
Eko Tower II[5][6] 118 m 27 Lagos
Black Pearl Tower 112 m 25 Lagos
4 Bourdillon 110 m 25 Lagos
WTC Tower 1 110 m 24 Abuja
Ministry of Communication Building 109 m 30 Lagos
Dakkada Towers 108.8 m 21 Uyo
Cocoa House 105 m 26 1965 Ibadan
Lagos Continental Hotel 105 m 22 Lagos
Independence House 103 m 23 Lagos
CBN Lagos 100 m 19 Lagos

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Nigeria
Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by Ofodirinwa: 12:20am On Mar 03
CentralIntels:
Ikengawo aka Ofodirinwa the AIDS patient keep looking for who to infest with your disease . Keep opening different accounts. We are monitoring you and your activities

hahaha, if left up to you, half of this forum is me
Re: Onitsha Needs A Skycraper! by Topman7: 12:25am On Mar 03
Laird:
I am Igbo but building skyscrapers anywhere in the East is an unnecessary waste of time and resources

When in USA, skyscrapers office complexes are crashing in price or is it private individuals in onitsha that would bring our their money to pay expensive rents for bragging rights that they stay in a skyscraper

What is needed are factories amd.power plants that produce items we import and employ people

Not a big for nothing skyscraper

This is small-minded thinking.

Lagos does not think like this.

They don't care if office prices are crashing in America, or on the moon.

They just go for it.

In India, China, Brazil, and other emerging powers, prices are not crashing. Their economies are booming.

So stop using America as your barometer in everything.

Plus I can guarantee you that YES, Onitsha's top businesses will RUSH to have an address at its first skyscraper.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Nairalander Made The Most Impressive And Accurate Comment So Far / Laide Speak On Romance With Wole Soyinka [Mr. Nobel Laureate Has Got It Going On / Britons Submits Petition To: Apologise For Britain's Role In Biafran War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.