Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

A Good Girls Dilemma. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Good Girls Dilemma. (923 Views)

Why Guys Don't Like Good Girls / Why Good Girls Date Bad Boys / Why Do Bad Girls Get Married Easier Than Good Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Good Girls Dilemma. by yilyock(m): 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2011
[b][/b]

BLOG 11/11/11
“The beautiful ones are born, the men with vision aren't,” said a female friend after she read my controversial article, ‘Good guys, bad girls’. It got me thinking a bit and this is the result of the rare, once-in-a-while, brain storming session I put myself through.

So my dear brothers, a.k.a good guys, I have nothing against you and your good ways but I won't be doing justice to this issue if I don't view it through the eyes of a typical good girl.

So today I shall be Kemi, and I am a good girl.

I am in my twenties, graduated from the university with good grades. I am beautiful, I speak English with enough fluency to make the queen green with envy, I am generally fashionable, hardworking and homely. I am also a good cook. Despite all these qualities, however, I haven't met the right guy.

Don't get me wrong, I've had lots of advances, everyday comes with its own drama. I've met guys of different shapes and sizes, but at the end, a good guy is hard to find. Most of the good guys that have come my way either speak funny, smell funny, look funny, are not funny or have all of these qualities. I know that I don't have a sign on my head that says ‘I attract Rubbish’ so I get flustered when these types come my way.

Let me break it down.

The Speak Funny Guys: These ones come and pour out their recently acquired dictionary language. They are a cross between Rev Chris Okotie and Hon Patrick Obahiagbon, saying things like, “Princess, your physical constitution causes an internal raucus in my emotional innards that can only be satisfied by you affirming to embark with me on this emotional journey.” The other extreme of these types are cold hearted killers, saying things like “Baby, I love you as I seeing you.”

The Smell Funny Guys: These brothers emit odours that are stronger than some scents. Their body odours linger even in their absence and can drive a skunk crazy! Personal hygiene is a must guys; shave, use deodorants, wear perfumes (if Hausa perfume is what you can afford, use it). And your breath also matters. Don't come near us with your tobacco + fufu breath, professing love, buy N20 mint or N100 in your case.

The Look Funny Guys: You know you can spot a Christian brother? The one wearing a coat with a yellow silk shirt and lemon pants? *sigh* There is a difference between suits and coats (as the names imply). Also, guys who sag and let us see their 'Tummy Hifinger' boxers are still kids. The bottom-line is, dress maturely and responsible. There are no rules because tastes differ; we want men that we are proud of not fashion hazards.

Finally, concerning the basic needs of a woman, if you decide to take up the responsibility of a boyfriend, be ready to handle some little things. I was doing just fine before you came along, so a little help won't kill. Be the man!

That's it guys, feel free to share your thoughts on Kemi's opinions. Have a great day.
Re: A Good Girls Dilemma. by Spclst900: 5:52pm On Nov 12, 2011
op, na book you dey write? Me nor fit read all those wey you write.
Re: A Good Girls Dilemma. by Sijo01(f): 6:04pm On Nov 12, 2011
A good Samaritan sud plz read & summarize. sad
Re: A Good Girls Dilemma. by bekay911(f): 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2011
Jst be gud to ursef n odas n maintain a gud personal hygiene n dress sense n smell fresssshh
Re: A Good Girls Dilemma. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2011
yilyock:

[b][/b]

BLOG 11/11/11
“The beautiful ones are born, the men with vision aren't,” said a female friend after she read my controversial article, ‘Good guys, bad girls’. It got me thinking a bit and this is the result of the rare, once-in-a-while, brain storming session I put myself through.

So my dear brothers, a.k.a good guys, I have nothing against you and your good ways but I won't be doing justice to this issue if I don't view it through the eyes of a typical good girl.

So today I shall be Kemi, and I am a good girl.

I am in my twenties, graduated from the university with good grades. I am beautiful, I speak English with enough fluency to make the queen green with envy, I am generally fashionable, hardworking and homely. I am also a good cook. Despite all these qualities, however, I haven't met the right guy.

Don't get me wrong, I've had lots of advances, everyday comes with its own drama. I've met guys of different shapes and sizes, but at the end, a good guy is hard to find. Most of the good guys that have come my way either speak funny, smell funny, look funny, are not funny or have all of these qualities. I know that I don't have a sign on my head that says ‘I attract Rubbish’ so I get flustered when these types come my way.

Let me break it down.

The Speak Funny Guys: These ones come and pour out their recently acquired dictionary language. They are a cross between Rev Chris Okotie and Hon Patrick Obahiagbon, saying things like, “Princess, your physical constitution causes an internal raucus in my emotional innards that can only be satisfied by you affirming to embark with me on this emotional journey.” The other extreme of these types are cold hearted killers, saying things like “Baby, I love you as I seeing you.”

The Smell Funny Guys: These brothers emit odours that are stronger than some scents. Their body odours linger even in their absence and can drive a skunk crazy! Personal hygiene is a must guys; shave, use deodorants, wear perfumes (if Hausa perfume is what you can afford, use it). And your breath also matters. Don't come near us with your tobacco + fufu breath, professing love, buy N20 mint or N100 in your case.

The Look Funny Guys: You know you can spot a Christian brother? The one wearing a coat with a yellow silk shirt and lemon pants? *sigh* There is a difference between suits and coats (as the names imply). Also, guys who sag and let us see their 'Tummy Hifinger' boxers are still kids. The bottom-line is, dress maturely and responsible. There are no rules because tastes differ; we want men that we are proud of not fashion hazards.

Finally, concerning the basic needs of a woman, if you decide to take up the responsibility of a boyfriend, be ready to handle some little things. I was doing just fine before you came along, so a little help won't kill. Be the man!

That's it guys, feel free to share your thoughts on Kemi's opinions. Have a great day.
[size=14pt]Epic Discombobulation!. . .[/size]
Re: A Good Girls Dilemma. by antokay(m): 2:39am On Nov 13, 2011
Always get more information on romance here,
Re: A Good Girls Dilemma. by Nobody: 3:15am On Nov 13, 2011
yilyock:

[b][/b]

BLOG 11/11/11
“Princess, your physical constitution causes an internal raucus in my emotional innards that can only be satisfied by you affirming to embark with me on this emotional journey.”

lolz.
Re: A Good Girls Dilemma. by seedord247(m): 3:20am On Nov 13, 2011
can someone get me a microscope?
Re: A Good Girls Dilemma. by iice(f): 6:18am On Nov 13, 2011
The speak funny guys lol.  That was hilarious grin grin

I usually say you get what you ask for.  Sometimes you portray a certain image to others which is different from who you are.  It's your part to set that image right so that a person taking a step with you into a relationship understands.  Kemi sells her good points but its not all that matters.  What about who she is?  Is she loyal? Honest? Understanding? You can still speak good english and be boring or dense.  People are usually up in 'speak' claims.  But words don't always match actions.  A good girl they say is so, so and so.  A bad girl is so, so and so.  Frankly, some 'bad' people are good and vice versa but people tend to be so caught up in adjectives/words that they completely miss the point.  Communication is important. 

No i don't believe they aren't good boys around.  I know alot of them, just as i know the bad ones.
Re: A Good Girls Dilemma. by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 13, 2011
OP are u male or female?
Re: A Good Girls Dilemma. by freecocoa(f): 10:56am On Nov 13, 2011
IMO,Kemi feels and thinks she's miss perfect and is looking for mr perfect,that's where her problem lies cos me perfect doesn't exist on this planet,maybe she should relocate to mars,he just might be waiting for her there,you never know,Talk about pomposity.
Re: A Good Girls Dilemma. by earthrealm(m): 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2011
very hilarious thread , dress funny, fufu breath!.jeeez, i hv a colleague at the office, his breath alone wud ressurect a dead vulture!, funny enough he is married with kids!, i just wonder how his wife copes, cos i hv learnt the hardway to speak with him from an arms lenth or even farther!
.but as a dude, i must confess i empathise with the poster,
the poor dresser green n yellow coat.but finally at the end of the day, good girls run away from the really smooth dudes, cos they feel they r playboys, weeeeelllllllllll most of them are usually are.

my advice to you is that u cant get a ready made dude, u gotta learn to manage the one u see/hv, the mouth breath u are talking about, a visit to the dentist can cure all that, if u really love the dude, u will help polish him up grin

(1) (Reply)

Black Women Are Too Complicated To Toast. / How To Identify The Real Man And Woman. / Letting Her Go Without Heartache!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.