Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,597 members, 7,851,019 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:18 PM

Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira (3766 Views)

Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto / 8 Members Of Amotekun Dismissed For Shooting Tosin Thomas In Oyo / Major-General Hakeem Otiki Dismissed For Stealing By Army Court Martial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by ajog1: 6:36am On Mar 06
Harddiskng:

So you can see at the bolden you having been clamoring that an evil man is innocent faa

Wheel-chair ko, even the way he is seated on it, it is obvious there is nothing wrong with him.
Exactly, torture a general just becos of N400m
Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by Forkthiefnubu: 6:48am On Mar 06
Psady:
How do you know if he's his tribesman when he said he knows someone close to the general ? Stop this attack game in disguise .
You know am saying the truth , the tribal thing is so so ingrained in you guys DNA that it is a way of life and a norm , a political philosophy, all the sympathies for the guy is based on his tribal affiliations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by wirinet(m): 6:52am On Mar 06
aariwa:
What I heard about the story was that they had been moving money meant for arms against boko haram , illegally in raw cash to avoid trace or any records . They were using young soldiers because they thought the young soldiers were mugu and didn’t know what was transported not knowing the young soldiers had already perfected plans to escape with the money until the day they escaped . Till today nobody knows the country those young soldiers went to . That money was actually in billions and dollar was three hundred and something then to naira . The military authorities downplayed it from several billions to just 400 million due to the outrage it would have created in the media and questions Nigerians would have asked about buhari anti corruption stance
Please read what you wrote up there, does it make an iota of sense?
Why would a general be moving money in cash in order to steal it? So he ordered corporals to help him illegally steal N400,000? So a G.O.C would withdraw money from a bank, load it into an army truck to be transported to the theatre of operation and then arrange to get it stolen and transferred into his personal account.

The physical cash was in billions? In just one single army truck? Do you know how much space N1 billion would occupy?

The four corporal that actually stole the cash disappeared in to thin air? How? Were they declared wanted by the army and interpol? What of their families and guarantors that signed for them while joining the military, were they every asked to produce them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by emperor4love(m): 6:54am On Mar 06
wirinet:

Believe me, he did not need to steal the N400 million as A G.O.C. Can't you see that he was brought in a wheel chair? Do do know the amount of torture he had endured before being brought to the court marshall? How many soldiers had admitted to planning coups they knew nothing of after being set up and brought before military court marshall.
Otiki was already balling in Abuja when he was ADC to General Diya.

In addition:
Listen to the report well, he was never accused of physically stealing the money. Money that was to be used for projects under his supervision was stolen in transit by 4 Corporal officers under his command. Added to that he was accused of misappropriation of funds. Now ask yourself, where are the 4 corporals, and why are they not at the court marshall?
Also note that at the end of the report, it says that there was already a frosty relationship between Lt General Adeosun , the head of the court marshall and Major General Otiki.
dey play u no dey naija,na me com steal de 400milla

1 Like

Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by wirinet(m): 7:02am On Mar 06
Forkthiefnubu:

You know am saying the truth , the tribal thing is so so ingrained in you guys DNA that it is a way of life and a norm , a political philosophy, all the sympathies for the guy is based on his tribal affiliations
It's sad, that people accusing others of tribalism are the actual tribal bigots, who look at every issue from tribal tinted lenses.
I am asking you guys to look at the whole report using your God given senses but you guys are shout tribalism, just because of your hatred of the tribe of the accused. Meanwhile if the General was from their own tribe, they would play the victim card.
For your information, I am not Yoruba. I have criticised Yorubas, igbos and Fulanis here when they do wrong. I am talking about this case because I was very close to the junior brother of the General, and so had some privileged information when the matter was trending. I have never supported corruption, even from my fellow tribesmen.

1 Like

Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by Objectivist04: 7:07am On Mar 06
[quote author=wirinet post=128796814]
Believe me, he did not need to steal the N400 million as A G.O.C. Can't you see that he was brought in a wheel chair? Do do know the amount of torture he had endured before being brought to the court marshall? How many soldiers had admitted to planning coups they knew nothing of after being set up and brought before military court marshall.
Otiki was already balling in Abuja when he was ADC to General Diya.

In addition:
Listen to the report well, he was never accused of physically stealing the money. Money that was to be used for projects under his supervision was stolen in transit by 4 Corporal officers under his command. Added to that he was accused of misappropriation of funds. Now ask yourself, where are the 4 corporals, and why are they not at the court marshall?
Also note that at the end of the report, it says that there was already a frosty relationship between Lt General Adeosun , the head of the court marshall and Major General Otiki. [/quote
@ your last sentence, you mean Yoruba vs to Yoruba exposing themselves but I was made to believe that you guys love yourselves.
Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by wirinet(m): 7:13am On Mar 06
Objectivist04:

@ your last sentence, you mean Yoruba vs to Yoruba exposing themselves but I was made to believe that you guys love yourselves.
Forget love when ambition, woman, money or power is involved. This goes beyond tribe, clan or family. Even in igboland, the acrimony between brothers over inheritance is most times bitter and sometimes bloody.

1 Like

Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by PARADIZEPRIEST: 7:14am On Mar 06
THE ARMY IS THE MOST DISCIPLINED PROFESSION TO EMULATE. EVEN IF YOU BE FEILD MARSHAL YOU WILL GET COURT MARSHALLED FOR MISCONDUCT.
IMAGINE THE THIEF FEIGNING SICKNESS ON WHEEL CHAIR,THIS IS WHAT THEY DO WHEN CAUGHT.IS SAD.
KUDOS TO NA,NIGERIAN POLITICIANS MUST EMULATE THE ARMY. angry
Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by GoodSpirit: 7:46am On Mar 06
wirinet:
He was set up. He did not need to physically steal money. As a G.O.C, he had lots of money at his disposal to run the division. Ordinary Commanding officers of barracks have millions to play around with, not to talk of a whole G.OC.

His junior brother was my class mate at the University, so I knew the story when it happened on a personal level.

You need the story from their own perspective and you heard from the tribunal which then will you believe? You will be naive not to know that all military commanders are corrupt in Nigeria, if you have Access to what they all do you won't type this.
Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by wirinet(m): 8:05am On Mar 06
GoodSpirit:

You need the story from their own perspective and you heard from the tribunal which then will you believe? You will be naive not to know that all military commanders are corrupt in Nigeria, if you have Access to what they all do you won't type this.
Please watch the video again, this time without any bias. You will realised that what he was charged with by the court marshall makes no sense. He was accused and found guilty on 5 counts. Now, the major accusation was that he ordered the movement of N400,000 in cash, which was stolen by the Corporals transporting the cash. Of course within military rules, all arms,munitions and cash within an officers command is his responsibility, and is required to account for them, no excuse. But on the criminal side, he has not been convicted of any crime. If he his to the convicted of a crime, the military would submit all their evidence to the police/EFCC/ICPC, that is after dismissal from the army, the chase would be charged to court, and a judge would pronounce the ex-officer guilty as charged.

On the misappropriation charge, no officer can be innocent of that in the Nigerian military, police, civil service, churces or even street association. 99.99% of Nigerians in charge of misappropriating funds under their control. Its a national culture. But note misappropriation is a civil offence and not a criminal one.
Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by BigYash: 8:21am On Mar 06
That money was more than 400m.. This is why I laugh when people say,they want army to take over power. They are also very corrupt..
Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by queen918: 9:23am On Mar 06
Old storyLamidi Adeosun has retired from the ArmyOld storyLamidi Adeosun has retired from the Army...
Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by Cassandraloius: 9:29am On Mar 06
He should face the law.
Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by duduade: 9:38am On Mar 06
Goodvibes007:
This man was dismissed in July 2020. Almost 4 years ago.

That's why Nairaland rule 14 tells you to search before creating a topic.

14. Please search the forum before creating a new thread on Nairaland.

July, 2020 on Nairaland too 👇

https://www.nairaland.com/5929531/major-general-hakeem-otiki-dismissed-stealing

Thank you o

I was wondering if we still wear covid masks in 2024

2 Likes

Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by GreaterFuture(m): 10:11am On Mar 06
wirinet:
He was set up. .
Set up by who? And why?
Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by shortgun(m): 10:14am On Mar 06
aariwa:
What I heard about the story was that they had been moving money meant for arms against boko haram , illegally in raw cash to avoid trace or any records . They were using young soldiers because they thought the young soldiers were mugu and didn’t know what was transported not knowing the young soldiers had already perfected plans to escape with the money until the day they escaped . Till today nobody knows the country those young soldiers went to . That money was actually in billions and dollar was three hundred and something then to naira . The military authorities downplayed it from several billions to just 400 million due to the outrage it would have created in the media and questions Nigerians would have asked about buhari anti corruption stance
This viewpoint offers a more believable understanding of the whole shameful situation. People who are supposed to serve with integrity are the ones plundering the nation's resources

1 Like

Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by GreaterFuture(m): 10:15am On Mar 06
wirinet:

the set up junior officers under you to set you up. If the target had been nice to junior officers, the junior officers would either alert the oga or fail to carry out the sabotage,
So what happens to these Junior officers?? As they obviously part of the setup and will be dismissed too?
Since they are in on it too, and will be put in front of the military Tribunal...

(I think I can guess how the whole scenario or thing plays, but, I wanna hear you...)
Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by Anguldi(m): 10:24am On Mar 06
Money dey under GOC Wella
Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by GreaterFuture(m): 10:28am On Mar 06
aariwa:
That money was actually in billions and dollar was three hundred and something then to naira . The military authorities downplayed it from several billions to just 400 million due to the outrage it would have created in the media and questions Nigerians would have asked
You know this for a certainty...? Insider information?
You are certian it's in billions and it was deliberately & dishonesty minimized?
Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by fidelmarshal199: 10:35am On Mar 06
wirinet:
He was set up. He did not need to physically steal money. As a G.O.C, he had lots of money at his disposal to run the division. Ordinary Commanding officers of barracks have millions to play around with, not to talk of a whole G.OC.

His junior brother was my class mate at the University, so I knew the story when it happened on a personal level.

So you believe his junior brother will implicate his brother? What bout the properties traced to him in Abuja? He was setup with that too? Your thinking faculty is vague bro

1 Like

Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by wirinet(m): 11:29am On Mar 06
fidelmarshal199:

So you believe his junior brother will implicate his brother? What bout the properties traced to him in Abuja? He was setup with that too? Your thinking faculty is vague bro
I am not exonorating him from misappropriation and official corruption. That's a feature of all other Nigerian office holders, as I have said earlier. What I am questioning is the main allegations that he stole physical cash being transported in the course of his duties as G.OC. 8 div.

I have a distance cousin who retired as a commodore. He made bastard money in his last duty post. His colleagues attempted to set him up by asking his boys to break into the armory and steal expensive weaponry. Luckily he was very generous and humane with boys under him. It was these boys under him thar alerted him and told him to put double security at the armory. At the end of the day, the plot failed. Immediately they promoted one of his main rivals to a position to oversee his own command, he put in his resignation letter, as he did not want to take chances. Today he is living big.

The politics within the military is deadly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by wirinet(m): 11:30am On Mar 06
GreaterFuture:

So what happens to these Junior officers?? As they obviously part of the setup and will be dismissed too?
Since they are in on it too, and will be put in front of the military Tribunal...

(I think I can guess how the whole scenario or thing plays, but, I wanna hear you...)

Till today they were never found. They disappeared into thin air with the money.

1 Like

Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by fidelmarshal199: 11:45am On Mar 06
wirinet:

I am not exonorating him from misappropriation and official corruption. That's a feature of all other Nigerian office holders, as I have said earlier. What I am questioning is the main allegations that he stole physical cash being transported in the course of his duties as G.OC. 8 div.

I have a distance cousin who retired as a commodore. He made bastard money in his last duty post. His colleagues attempted to set him up by asking his boys to break into the armory and steal expensive weaponry. Luckily he was very generous and humane with boys under him. It was these boys under him thar alerted him and told him to put double security at the armory. At the end of the day, the plot failed. Immediately they promoted one of his main rivals to a position to oversee his own command, he put in his resignation letter, as he did not want to take chances. Today he is living big.

Can you elaborate on how your cousin made the "bastard money" on his last duty post.

A thief is a thief. You must be part of the people justifying how Betta Edu was ratted out.

1 Like

Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by Rexymania(m): 11:50am On Mar 06
Forumites:
What happens to jail, so the money don go like that.?

They won't send him to jail. They are all together. Check back in 3 months, you will hear he's now in the United states

1 Like

Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by Adelaide2: 11:57am On Mar 06
Why Yoruba people too dey corrupt? Did you guys know that Gbajabiamila, the Chief Of Staff was also convicted of fraud in the US and stripped of his law practice? Tnubu was also an indicted drug trafficker and certificate forger. Haba my people.

1 Like

Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by shortgun(m): 1:36pm On Mar 06
wirinet:

A thief remains a thief, just as a criminal remains a criminal. The goal for every thief is to take what isn't rightfully theirs, the method by which they accomplish this is inconsequential.
Stop saying everyone holding office in Nigeria is corrupt because you only associate with those who live large on stolen money, there are countless of upright people holding offices with dignity and professionalism
Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by Forkthiefnubu: 1:44pm On Mar 06
wirinet:

It's sad, that people accusing others of tribalism are the actual tribal bigots, who look at every issue from tribal tinted lenses.
I am asking you guys to look at the whole report using your God given senses but you guys are shout tribalism, just because of your hatred of the tribe of the accused. Meanwhile if the General was from their own tribe, they would play the victim card.
For your information, I am not Yoruba. I have criticised Yorubas, igbos and Fulanis here when they do wrong. I am talking about this case because I was very close to the junior brother of the General, and so had some privileged information when the matter was trending. I have never supported corruption, even from my fellow tribesmen.
You are lying and deep in your heart you know you are , this man have been convicted by competent court of law made up of his peers and u claim to have a curious insider knowledge of some truth , how bewildering, I understand your tot process very well , very thing is viewed and weighed based on tribe , continue and let them loot our country to death

1 Like

Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by GreaterFuture(m): 2:58pm On Mar 06
wirinet:

Till today they were never found. They disappeared into thin air with the money.
Not in this particular case, I mean generally speaking
You said other rivals set themselves up by using the direct subordinates of their Rivals or those they wanna bring down.
It is very common in the army according to you (and I don't doubt that at all)
But what happens, when they succeed and the rival is brought in front of a military court? These lower army men used will be amongst the Soliders standing trial too, right?
Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by GreaterFuture(m): 3:03pm On Mar 06
shortgun:

there are countless of upright people holding offices with dignity and professionalism[/b]
Less than 1.5%
Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by DavidEsq(m): 5:47pm On Mar 06
arantess:

You go explain taya...
Always defending thieves, like minded criminals
These are the crop of graduates/undergraduates we now have in Nigeria. Pitiful illiterates, incapable of understanding a simple sentence construction in English language.
Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by DavidEsq(m): 5:54pm On Mar 06
fidelmarshal199:

Can you elaborate on how your cousin made the "bastard money" on his last duty post.

A thief is a thief. You must be part of the people justifying how Betta Edu was ratted out.
He is using this narrative to explain a simple modus vivendi but because of your warped sense of reasoning, u lost the opportunity to understand what he was trying so hard to explain to u. Rather, u veered off the subject matter and went on your own frolic, asking him to expose his cousin to your crass self. Pitiable lots
Re: Video: Major General Hakeem Oladapo Dismissed For Stealing Over 400m Naira by Uchek(m): 6:01pm On Mar 06
Story story

quote author=wirinet post=128796724]He was set up. He did not need to physically steal money. As a G.O.C, he had lots of money at his disposal to run the division. Ordinary Commanding officers of barracks have millions to play around with, not to talk of a whole G.OC.

His junior brother was my class mate at the University, so I knew the story when it happened on a personal level.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My N2.8 Million Banking Stocks Now Worth Less Than Toilet Roll / Presidential Campaign: Akala Shuts Out Buhari / Whats Up With Gov Amechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.