Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Cross River State To Cut Back The Minimum Wage To N10,000 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River State To Cut Back The Minimum Wage To N10,000 (6610 Views)

Oshiomhole Increases Minimum Wage To N25,000 / NLC Proposes N56,000 As Minimum Wage To Fg / MINIMUM WAGE: Oshiomhole Disowns Govs, Backs Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross River State To Cut Back The Minimum Wage To N10,000 by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 15, 2011
Talking about "back-warding" states grin
Re: Cross River State To Cut Back The Minimum Wage To N10,000 by ektbear: 8:02am On Nov 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

i'm ambivalent about this.
High minimum wage usually leads to high unemployment. maybe that's what they're fearful of.

I wish they would institute a maximum wage though grin

Max for public workers, you mean?

Anyway, agreed, high minimum wages aren't a good idea imo. I'm surprised that you think this too. . .you struck me as a leftist type
Re: Cross River State To Cut Back The Minimum Wage To N10,000 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:05am On Nov 15, 2011
Poor Imoke

First and foremost, he is a confused Man who dosent know what to do with Cross-Rivers State!

Then he has a civil service that is filled with lazy workers who do nothing all day and demand to be paid 18'k minimum wage.

Then they lost Bakassi to Cameroon and all their other oil wells to Akwa Ibom so now they are also broke.

If not for Obudu and Tinapa, the state would be just as poor as Ekiti State.
Re: Cross River State To Cut Back The Minimum Wage To N10,000 by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 15, 2011
I wonder how long it will take for CR to start begging for food (Like Ebonyi) with that minimun wage.
kiss
Re: Cross River State To Cut Back The Minimum Wage To N10,000 by Yeske2(m): 10:24am On Nov 15, 2011
It's all GEJ's fault, promising 18k min. wage and not putting into consideration if all states can afford it but come to think of it, is the min. wage supposed to be uniform in a federal system such as ours?
Re: Cross River State To Cut Back The Minimum Wage To N10,000 by Yeske2(m): 10:26am On Nov 15, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I wonder how long it will take for CR to start begging for food (Like Ebonyi) with that minimun wage.
kiss
Shuoo Ebonyi beg for food ke!
Re: Cross River State To Cut Back The Minimum Wage To N10,000 by Okijajuju1(m): 11:24am On Nov 15, 2011
Yeske!:

It's all GEJ's fault, promising 18k min. wage and not putting into consideration if all states can afford it but come to think of it, is the min. wage supposed to be uniform in a federal system such as ours?

Dont blame it on the President, Its the fault of States like EKiti that are not contributing anything to the federal coffers, yet will take a shhare whenever allocations are disbursed by the Federal government. If the Federal govt says evry state for themselves, Ekiti would sell all their land to neighboring states to generate funds.
Re: Cross River State To Cut Back The Minimum Wage To N10,000 by jamace(m): 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2011
Cut Back The Minimum Wage To N10,000
? I don't understand.
Re: Cross River State To Cut Back The Minimum Wage To N10,000 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 15, 2011
Yeske!:

Shuoo Ebonyi beg for food ke!

Find the thread, its still on NL
Re: Cross River State To Cut Back The Minimum Wage To N10,000 by Okijajuju1(m): 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Find the thread, its still on NL

This Ekiti State girl no go kill me o! grin grin grin

No be Ebonyi State dey give Food Aid to Ekiti?!
Re: Cross River State To Cut Back The Minimum Wage To N10,000 by Nobody: 4:17am On Nov 16, 2011
^^^ calm down. I know the thing dey pain you small kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Anybody Watching D Almost Empty Stadium In Pdp Presidential Campaign In Kogi? / FLASH NEWS!! Jigawa Cabinet Heads To APC! / Breaking News:nnamdi KANU Arrested By Interpol,near Cameroun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.