Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? (1313 Views)

Why Do Intelligent Black Men Prefer Their Women Looking Like This?(photos) / Top 3 Lies Nigerian Men Tell Their Women / Nigerian Men Who Date White Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? by emofine(f): 10:05am On Nov 13, 2011
I don't really understand why some men compare women from their own group with their current partner, putting down an entire group in order to uplift that one partner. In extension some see fit to disrespect women from their own group by negatively contrasting them with the group of their partner or indeed another demographic.

I just wonder if these men believe that comparing women from their own background (i.e. race/country) unfavorably to their current partner/ group is endearing or attractive behaviour?

Is such supposed to be a tribute or flattery to their partner?

or do these type of men say such things to sub-consciously justify their reason to date outside their bracket?
Re: Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2011
Whatever the reason is, such a man must be so condescending and i doubt would show respect for his partner
Re: Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? by iice(f): 3:43pm On Nov 13, 2011
It's a human thing to compare, put down or condescend. But yea, an entire group is just too much.
Re: Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? by coogar: 4:01pm On Nov 13, 2011
emofine:

I don't really understand why some men compare women from their own group with their current partner, putting down an entire group in order to uplift that one partner. In extension some see fit to disrespect women from their own group by negatively contrasting them with the group of their partner or indeed another demographic.

I just wonder if these men believe that comparing women from their own background (i.e. race/country) unfavorably to their current partner/ group is endearing or attractive behaviour?

or do these type of men say such things to sub-consciously justify their reason to date outside their bracket?

comparison like such is bound to happen. . . .

a man that has been staying in nigeria all his life and suddenly goes abroad will first curse nigeria as a country.
a man that has always driven b-m-w will feel something different and more sophisticated when he drives a benz(if he likes the benz better) and so on and forth!
Re: Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? by stepone(m): 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2011
one goes on after others. u cant think twice in a second. either concentrate on one and less concentration on the other. vise-vaser
Re: Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 14, 2011
Me i don try my possible best to always put naija babes up but then dem always like to put themselves down sad
Re: Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? by freecocoa(f): 12:49pm On Nov 14, 2011
Guess most of them don't even know when they do so,they already see women from their group as maybe the real deal.
Re: Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? by MrCork17: 1:30pm On Nov 14, 2011
emofine:

I dont mean to be rude but Black Women need to be kept in line sometimes. They never obey wink
Re: Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 14, 2011
[size=14pt]Only Dimwitted men with a deep rooted lack of appreciation for what they have, would put down their women for no quantifiable reasons. . .[/size]
Re: Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? by MrCork17: 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Only Dimwitted men with a deep rooted lack of appreciation will put down their women for no unquantifiable reasons. . .[/size]

Shut the F*** up you gayy albino. What do you no about women!! angry
Re: Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Shut the F*** up you gayy albino. What do you no about women!! angry
grin grin grin [size=14pt]Fool![/size] angry
Re: Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? by LongOne1(m): 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2011
@ Post; I think it all boils down to an inferiority complex on their part.

Alternatively, since they are still in that ‘honeymoon/love stoned’ period (added emphasis on stoned), their current partner looks divine/almost blameless to them, while the old partner looks straight devilish  grin. This leads to condemnation of not only old girlfriend, but also her background/region/group to the exaltation of the new one and hers.

Time usually cures this, as after the smoke clears, the flaws begin to show, which might lead to a breakup. Then the ‘blame game cycle’ usually starts again with the same stage, but a different foe - the now ‘old’ girlfriend and her people.

@ Poster; the things you think about sha, you’ve got me all philosophical. What’s your star sign if I may ask?
Re: Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? by emofine(f): 7:54pm On Nov 14, 2011
Long One:
@ Poster; the things you think about sha, you’ve got me all philosophical. What’s your star sign if I may ask?

I don't refuse to believe in star signs as I don't want my fate to be identical to others grin

. . .but I'm just inquisitive by nature and learn through asking questions.
Re: Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? by pendo89(f): 8:06pm On Nov 14, 2011
emofine:

I don't refuse to believe in star signs as I don't want my fate to be identical to others grin

Don't I just love that.

@ Emofine,Only two words come to my mind.Inferiority complex and  Identity crisis.It causes a deep desire to please the current person at the expense of his own race. They try to belong and would do anything to please even if it means stepping on toes, bleaching their skin or changing names.
I doubt I would like to be friends with a person who looks down at people who gave him/her a stepping stone.
Confident people dont do that cz there's nothing to gain but pride and pride is foolish.
Re: Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? by LongOne1(m): 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2011
emofine:

. . .but I'm just inquisitive by nature and learn through asking questions.
pendo89:

Don't I just love that.

Oh well, you both do not know what you are missing, in terms of knowledge.

I do not believe in fate, but rather similar personalities amidst certain people. Large companies use psychometric tests to determine your personality type before employment, the most common is the Belbin Test. So, don’t see anything wrong in wanting to know what you are capable of, and what people with similar personalities have achieved.

Sounds like a good way to challenge you/know more about your strengths and weaknesses if you ask me.
Re: Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 15, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Only Dimwitted men with a deep rooted lack of appreciation for what they have, would put down their women for no quantifiable reasons. . .[/size]
upon all ur effort wey u don put on support naija babes blindly on nairaland just see as dem still dey insult u. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Men Who Date Out Put Down Their Women? by MrCork17: 9:45pm On Nov 15, 2011
lefulefu:

upon all your effort wey u don put on support naija babes blindly on nairaland just see as dem still dey insult u. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

at least sexxskilllz is a role model to gayy albino,s wink

(1) (Reply)

Would You Still Be Communicating With Ur Ex-bf/gf After U've Gotten Married? / Im Confused / What Didn't I Do Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.