Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,240 members, 7,836,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years (44578 Views)

I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) / Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum / Oron,Nigeria Coastal City Gets A Face Lift. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Calitoscassius(m): 6:56pm On Mar 08
They will start dumping rubbish again on the next street. cheesy
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by wolebest: 6:57pm On Mar 08
Charming1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCC0MPEqMEc

SOLUDO INSPECTS ONGOING/COMPLETED PROJECTS AT OKPOKO OGBARU AND NIGER STREET FEGGE

Governor Charles Chukwuma Soludo on Wednesday, March 5t , 2024 during his routine project inspection visited Obodoukwu Road Okpoko, Coke market Ogbaru Local Government Area and Niger Street, Fegge, Onitsha South LGA.

Obodoukwu Road: He commended the new Construction Company handling the Obodoukwu Road project for their steadfast and swift work which indicates the project will be delivered at record time.

He reiterate his resolve to transforming Okpoko from a slum to an enviable habitat.

Coke Market: Soludo who had initiated talks between government representatives and displaced Coke Market earlier promised them the market could be opened if the traders will play their part.

Having fulfilled his promise to restore the traders back to the market, Mr Governor urged them to ensure they keep the market environment clean as his government is committed to sustaining clean, prosperous, livable, and secured Anambra.

Niger Street: Mr Governor commended the people to take responsibility and protect or report damages to any government projects done in their neighborhood.

He added that the government will consider building barricades that will prevent sand miner’s heavy trucks that have damaged the road access to the road.

He further highlighted that traders are henceforth prohibited from shading their wares on the sidewalks made for pedestrians.

#AnambraStateMewMedia

But I thought Peter Obi and Willy Obiano had completed this road years ago?
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Justiceleague1: 6:58pm On Mar 08
The roads needs expansion.
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by santaclaws: 7:03pm On Mar 08
Justiceleague1:

Keep attaching anti-Yoruba images... so immature!

1 Like

Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Chucks13: 7:18pm On Mar 08
Zssk0003:

I can't stand it when people try to speak condescendingly about His Excellency, Peter Obi. If not for him, Anambra wouldn't have reached the level of development it has today. It is only fair to acknowledge Peter Obi's contributions if nothing else. The saying goes, 'Honour should be bestowed upon those who deserve it'. For clarity, when Peter Obi came into office as governor, all the schools in Anambra state were on strike for more than two years, including the doctors and all the medical staff. Anambra State had no single functional medical hospital or school of nursing and midwifery. There was no functional health facility, state secretariat complex, or state assembly complex. There was not a single teaching hospital in Anambra, and no investment in the state whatsoever. Insecurity, robbery, and kidnapping were at an all-time high. Anambra had no internally generated revenue (IGR) because godfathers had taken all the funds allocated for the state. So, Peter Obi laid the foundation for what we witness today in Anambra. He built state secretariats and state assembly complexes, constructed the Upperiweka 10-lane expressway, revamped schools and returned them to missionaries, built hospitals including the Amaku Teaching Hospital in Awka, opened doors for both foreign and local investors to invest in the state, supported indigenous motor manufacturers Innoson Motors, and acquired thousands of vehicles from them. The list is endless. He is the brain behind the Anambra State Airport today. Both the land where the airport is situated and the funds to build it were all due to Peter Obi's efforts."

Na who send you all dis plenty talks?
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Chucks13: 7:18pm On Mar 08
Zssk0003:

I can't stand it when people try to speak condescendingly about His Excellency, Peter Obi. If not for him, Anambra wouldn't have reached the level of development it has today. It is only fair to acknowledge Peter Obi's contributions if nothing else. The saying goes, 'Honour should be bestowed upon those who deserve it'. For clarity, when Peter Obi came into office as governor, all the schools in Anambra state were on strike for more than two years, including the doctors and all the medical staff. Anambra State had no single functional medical hospital or school of nursing and midwifery. There was no functional health facility, state secretariat complex, or state assembly complex. There was not a single teaching hospital in Anambra, and no investment in the state whatsoever. Insecurity, robbery, and kidnapping were at an all-time high. Anambra had no internally generated revenue (IGR) because godfathers had taken all the funds allocated for the state. So, Peter Obi laid the foundation for what we witness today in Anambra. He built state secretariats and state assembly complexes, constructed the Upperiweka 10-lane expressway, revamped schools and returned them to missionaries, built hospitals including the Amaku Teaching Hospital in Awka, opened doors for both foreign and local investors to invest in the state, supported indigenous motor manufacturers Innoson Motors, and acquired thousands of vehicles from them. The list is endless. He is the brain behind the Anambra State Airport today. Both the land where the airport is situated and the funds to build it were all due to Peter Obi's efforts."

You o explain taya
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by CorrectionFLuid: 7:52pm On Mar 08
Jomonix:

Obi too did a lot in infrastructure development. Lots of roads were built and maintained. He also left in the coffers 75 billion Naira for his predecessor. You can do more research and update your post

If you respond to every dog that barks at you, you will never get to where you're going.
That comment was made specifically to digress from the topic, and you took the bait.

I haven't read the rest of the thread, but going back, I'm expecting him to be very active on it drawing attention away from the topic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by CorrectionFLuid: 7:55pm On Mar 08
JagabanB:

I know SE very well, if it's well developed, those people won't be so joyous because of that tiny road.
I don't know if the rains will wash it off or not.
Nigerians building structures so close to the road shows the faiIure of Local Governments because opening streets, naming and numbering houses is their duty.

Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by CorrectionFLuid: 7:56pm On Mar 08
junketer:
yes south east is well developed. Come and see for yourself. That's by the way. This road soludo is doing is nothing to write home about. The rains will wash off all these in no time. Still don't know why nigerians can't give space for wide roads first before developing or building up an area.

Except you're one of them, I see no reason why you can't even ignore people whose aim is to draw attention away from the topic.
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Jomonix: 7:57pm On Mar 08
CorrectionFLuid:

If you respond to every dog that barks at you, you will never get to where you're going.
That comment was made specifically to digress from the topic, and you took the bait.

I haven't read the rest of the thread, but going back, I'm expecting him to be very active on it drawing attention away from the topic.

You are very correct. I have observed their presence in the other threads. No need to waste my time. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Roger3D(m): 7:59pm On Mar 08
JagabanB:

My village dón't have a sIum, u can continue to çry about it.
I told u clearly my village.
Wherever u live is not my probIem.
I already told u about my village unless u don't know what a village is.
You are a liar
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by MasterTeeUSA: 8:04pm On Mar 08
Before and After does not look like the same road with the same buildings...I might be wrong but this I can see.

Charming1:

SOLUDO INSPECTS ONGOING/COMPLETED PROJECTS AT OKPOKO OGBARU AND NIGER STREET FEGGE

Governor Charles Chukwuma Soludo on Wednesday, March 5t , 2024 during his routine project inspection visited Obodoukwu Road Okpoko, Coke market Ogbaru Local Government Area and Niger Street, Fegge, Onitsha South LGA.

Obodoukwu Road: He commended the new Construction Company handling the Obodoukwu Road project for their steadfast and swift work which indicates the project will be delivered at record time.

He reiterate his resolve to transforming Okpoko from a slum to an enviable habitat.

Coke Market: Soludo who had initiated talks between government representatives and displaced Coke Market earlier promised them the market could be opened if the traders will play their part.

Having fulfilled his promise to restore the traders back to the market, Mr Governor urged them to ensure they keep the market environment clean as his government is committed to sustaining clean, prosperous, livable, and secured Anambra.

Niger Street: Mr Governor commended the people to take responsibility and protect or report damages to any government projects done in their neighborhood.

He added that the government will consider building barricades that will prevent sand miner’s heavy trucks that have damaged the road access to the road.

He further highlighted that traders are henceforth prohibited from shading their wares on the sidewalks made for pedestrians.

#AnambraStateMewMedia
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by CorrectionFLuid: 8:04pm On Mar 08
Jomonix:

You are very correct. I have observed their presence in the other threads. No need to waste my time. Thanks

Thanks for understanding. Since you're on page 1, can you screenshot this your reply and upload on that your original reply in page 1.

This is just to help inform our people. We emotionally react to everything and ignore nothing. And they are taking full advantage of it because they are few and organized.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by JagabanB: 8:15pm On Mar 08
Roger3D:
You are a liar
I'm not responsible for ur Iow thinkîñg capacîty tho.
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Justiceleague1: 8:46pm On Mar 08
Good job Soludo
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by santaclaws: 9:02pm On Mar 08
Justiceleague1:

Why attach such a tribalistic picture to insult Yorubas? Hypocrite, Igbos have worse tribal marks.. You deliberately didn't add any text cos you know images can't be quoted on Nairaland...

1 Like

Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Terrahawk: 11:37pm On Mar 08
Chai !!!! see ibo people dey build fake road. Chineke God of Africa 😳
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Trollronaldo: 12:40am On Mar 09
This one like substandard roads
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by onuman: 2:35am On Mar 09
Does it mean these people hailing here have adjusted to the hyperinflation in Nigeria or what?
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Onionstew: 4:41am On Mar 09
JagabanB:
See the way billionaires are celebrating a road without side walks and the rusty roofs beside tho.
The way these guys talk online, u will think they come from a region that's well developed.

They couldnt even move the hurried looking garbage and gutters befor taking pictures for the world to see.. Yeye haphazard.
improvement

All of the pose like say na gold them come pick

Will a proper job kill anybody
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by IkeIgboNiile(m): 6:07am On Mar 09
Okpoko is Obosi. Get your facts right.
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by SonOfDSoil01: 6:29am On Mar 09
goaldynboy:

Okpoko is where ya.riba and other non indegenes live in Anambra!🤡
yoruba in anambala? I thought Yorubas don’t travel, and are only confined to their region😂…..Una to Dey inconsistent with Una lies.
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by zrocky: 10:06am On Mar 09
Charming1:

#AnambraStateMewMedia
we have a long way to go in Nigeria. In Europe roads are made daily, you don't see any commissioning. You just see on the news, no fan fair nothing. There is a possibility that the road won't even last.
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Rejoice28(f): 12:19pm On Mar 09
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by JagabanB: 2:37pm On Mar 09
Onionstew:

They couldnt even move the hurried looking garbage and gutters befor taking pictures for the world to see.. Yeye haphazard.
improvement

All of the pose like say na gold them come pick

Will a proper job kill anybody
We would have submitted our view about the job and demand for improvement so others can see, but if u do, u are jeaIoûs.
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Onionstew: 2:43pm On Mar 09
JagabanB:

We would have submitted our view about the job and demand for improvement so others can see, but if u do, u are jeaIoûs.

Jealousy kiii them dia

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? / What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? / Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.