Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Should Seyi Tinubu be the next Governor of Lagos? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Seyi Tinubu be the next Governor of Lagos? (1271 Views)

Ambode Endorses Sanwo-olu, Hamzat As Lagos Next Governor, Deputy (picture) / Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' / Omosede Igbinedion Congratulates Femi Otedola As "Next Governor Of Lagos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Seyi Tinubu be the next Governor of Lagos? by paxx: 6:19am On Mar 10
malali:
Seyi Tinubu is a "citizen" of Nigeria.
Its his constitutional right to contest any office in Nigeria.

George bush was governor of Texas and He later became president of USA.
His father was president.

Do not deny the boy his right, We might choose to defer on moral grounds
However, He has every right to contest if he decides too.

By the way, Lagos has a structure that it doesn't matter who the governor is.
They have a checks and balances system, that monitors the governors and ensure they deliver.

which is what most states lack.

Tinubu's wife is igbo..... I think it's a good move for Lagos/Nigeria and it will unite the country. as an igbo man I support it!
Re: Should Seyi Tinubu be the next Governor of Lagos? by malali: 7:14am On Mar 10
paxx:

Tinubu's wife is igbo..... I think it's a good move for Lagos/Nigeria and it will unite the country. as an igbo man I support it!

Here we go again with broad day light ethnic bigotry.
As long as someone is Nigerian it doesn't matter if his wife is zangon kataf, birom, basange or angas.
If every tribe carries on the way igbo people do, the whole country will be in disarray.

Stop being prejudiced and showing bigotry
As long as you are Nigerian.....we are all the same.

Peter Obi needs to start condemning this utterances, if he wants to a statesman. No other tribe displays bigotry openly like the Igbos
Re: Should Seyi Tinubu be the next Governor of Lagos? by Oracleforce: 7:45am On Mar 10
malali:
Seyi Tinubu is a "citizen" of Nigeria.
Its his constitutional right to contest any office in Nigeria.

George bush was governor of Texas and He later became president of USA.
His father was president.

Do not deny the boy his right, We might choose to defer on moral grounds
However, He has every right to contest if he decides too.

By the way, Lagos has a structure that it doesn't matter who the governor is.
They have a checks and balances system, that monitors the governors and ensure they deliver.

which is what most states lack.

Don't compare Nigeria politics with US politics they are two ways apart....Nigeria politics game is about the winner take all while US politics is not....
There is no dispute about constitutionality of Seun coming out as the next governor of Lagos state.however , the political game in Nigeria is beyond constitutionality and moral ground...
Feeding SeYi Tinubu to.become the governor of Lagos state isn't a good advice or decisions at all .
Looking to the recent happening in Ondo state during Aketi as the governor of Ondo state ...his Yiibo wife literally dominated all the sphere of government and use Aketi position to favour people from the south east. I remember when I visit Akure governors' office...I thought I was in Imo State governor office ...because Larger percent of the civil Servants were communicating in Yiibo language . I was shocked...amd this is a State and place in the past where we don't have larger number of Yiibo Now, compare it Lagos state where we already have larger percent of Yiibo residents ....and where Yiibo people have been making all frantic efforts to grab power and destabilise Tinubu and all Lagos kings dynasty in Lagos ....it will be a greatest mistake of Tinubu Political career to do that and so many Lagosian will.not support such move ....for Yiibo to become.the first lady in Lagos state ....Tinubu has.many sons and daughters ...he can pick a pure breed among his son to be the governor ...not Seyi who has been mixed with Yiibo.blood....

The Lagosians are rejecting outrightly.
Re: Should Seyi Tinubu be the next Governor of Lagos? by malali: 7:51am On Mar 10
Oracleforce:

Don't compare Nigeria politics with US politics they are two ways apart....Nigeria politics game is about the winner take all while US politics is not....
There is no dispute about constitutionality of Seun coming out as the next governor of Lagos state.however , the political game in Nigeria is beyond constitutionality and moral ground...
Feeding SeYi Tinubu to.become the governor of Lagos state isn't a good advice or decisions at all .
Looking to the recent happening in Ondo state during Aketi as the governor of Ondo state ...his Yiibo wife literally dominated all the sphere of government and use Aketi position to favour people from the south east. I remember when I visit Akure governors' office...I thought I was in Imo State governor office ...because Larger percent of the civil Servants were communicating in Yiibo language . I was shocked...amd this is a State and place in the past where we don't have larger number of Yiibo Now, compare it Lagos state where we already have larger percent of Yiibo residents ....and where Yiibo people have been making all frantic efforts to grab power and destabilise Tinubu and all Lagos kings dynasty in Lagos ....it will be a greatest mistake of Tinubu Political career to do that and so many Lagosian will.not support such move ....for Yiibo to become.the first lady in Lagos state ....Tinubu has.many sons and daughters ...he can pick a pure breed among his son to be the governor ...not Seyi who has been mixed with Yiibo.blood....

Listen to yourself ? Do you have any intelligence ? Pure Breed ? Prove to me Tinubu is Pure Breed ?
I hope you dont talk like this outside your house......Do you have sane friends ? Do they tell you the truth ?
Any Nigerian can contest , there is nothing in the Nigerian constitution that even mentions that only a yoruba man can be governor in Lagos.
Do not bring prejudice and bigotry to Nigeria, we already have enough problems. A good candidate is someone who will fix Lagos.
Re: Should Seyi Tinubu be the next Governor of Lagos? by Oracleforce: 7:56am On Mar 10
delpee:

Femi Gbajabiamilas wife, Salamatu is from the North...I think Kaduna State.

I'm not fixative in this matter...of course , Tinubu has many sons who aren't pure breed...Seyi Tinubu is a mixed breed ...and Yiibo ladies always want to dominate their husband...for example...Goodwill Akpabio ...because of his wife ...Many Yiibo people are now working in the Red chamber...Aketi , because of his wife many Yiibo has receiving contract in Ondo state government office and also working in governors office Akure...
Re: Should Seyi Tinubu be the next Governor of Lagos? by chigoziri2403(m): 8:11am On Mar 10
I support seyi for governor
Then after Shettima 8 years
We will support him for president
He is learning the ropes under his father now
He has the capacity
See the contribution he made during his father's campaign
Re: Should Seyi Tinubu be the next Governor of Lagos? by Ofunaofu: 8:14am On Mar 10
malali:

As long as someone is Nigerian it doesn't matter if his wife is zangon kataf, birom, basange or angas.
If every tribe carries on the way igbo people do, the whole country will be in disarray.

Peter Obi needs to start condemning this utterances, if he wants to a statesman. No other tribe displays bigotry openly like the Igbos

While Tinubu can continue to encourage his tribal minions with his Emilokan government

2 Likes

Re: Should Seyi Tinubu be the next Governor of Lagos? by Oracleforce: 9:30am On Mar 10
malali:

Listen to yourself ? Do you have any intelligence ? Pure Breed ? Prove to me Tinubu is Pure Breed ?
I hope you dont talk like this outside your house......Do you have sane friends ? Do they tell you the truth ?
Any Nigerian can contest , there is nothing in the Nigerian constitution that even mentions that only a yoruba man can be governor in Lagos.
Do not [b]bring prejudice and bigotry to Nigeria, we
already have enough problems. A good candidate is someone who will fix Lagos.[/b]

Bigotry and Nigeria politics is inseparable....the first votes casted by nigerians to.nigerian political candidates...was a pure expression of tribal bigotry ...NCNC, AG, NPC.these were the first political parties NCNC is Yiibo , AG is Yoruba while NPC is Aboki...... Fast forward to 2023 February election....Bitter Obi got 85 percent of votes cast in the southeast ...if this is not bigotry .... redefine this ,pls.....And because of Bitter Obi ...in Labour party ...Yiibo people occupy major positions in the Labour party.... Your comments and analysis is applicable to some political toddler on social media..platform....
From your comments , I can deduce your age group and political inclination....and you are free to comments anything...it is your right....however , we are here to burst all your lies.......
Re: Should Seyi Tinubu be the next Governor of Lagos? by paxx: 9:31pm On Mar 10
malali:

oh bro cut it. Didn't Tinubu say that he wants to be president because its yorubas turn? Why is it that when certain people are tribalistic you dont care, but if I mention that having an intertribal couple as leader will unite the state/country you claim im a tribalistic. You guys are so biased
Re: Should Seyi Tinubu be the next Governor of Lagos? by Jomonix: 9:33pm On Mar 10
paxx:
Seyi Tinubu as the next Governor of Lagos. If it's about the interests of Lagos, this would probably be the best move. He can probably create the greatest advantage for Lagos right now.

Not debating if it's right or wrong, just saying that based on current realities. tongue

Great idea
Re: Should Seyi Tinubu be the next Governor of Lagos? by ogashman(m): 11:16pm On Mar 10
Sheyi Governor of Lagos 2027

yinka gov of Osun 2026

Remi Governor of Ekiti 2027

Iyaloja Governor of Ogun 2027

Crack daughter governor of Oyo 2027

MC Oluomo Governor of Ondo 2027

1 Like

Re: Should Seyi Tinubu be the next Governor of Lagos? by aariwa(m): 11:26pm On Mar 10
Shawnnn01:
To Seun n his mods this does not constitute ethnic slur. Na ethnic praise but let Yorubas reply this foolish comment n you will start seeing NL mod ban citing rule 2 n 3 n lamenting about ethnic slur

you are calling on Seun for rule 2 and 3 but did not see this comment “ IPOB people will troop to Lagos to vote against him“ from DeepThroater and others above this post ? Hypocrisy….
Re: Should Seyi Tinubu be the next Governor of Lagos? by aariwa(m): 11:29pm On Mar 10
Oracleforce:

Made no single sense with this trash you typed

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Rules And Regulations For The New Regime / Donald Rumsfeld Resigns! / Correction: Pat Utomi Is Still In The Presidential Race!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.