Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu (4493 Views)

Anyaoku Urges Return To Regional Govt / Ogun Moves For Regional Integration Through Infrastructure Provision / Regional Integration Will Not Solve Our Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by lagcity(m): 6:47am On Nov 14, 2011
•At Ojude Oba, Awujale calls for creation of Ijebu State

Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) National Leader Asiwaju Bola Tinubu yesterday said there is urgent need for regional economic integration of the Southwest.
He spoke in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, at the annual Ojude-Oba Carnival, hosted by the paramount ruler of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona.
The ACN National Leader said the regional integration is critical to the survival of the region under the lopsided federal arrangement.
He paid tribute to Oba Adetona, whom he described as a honest, steadfast, committed and patriotic ruler, recalling his support for the pro-democracy crusaders agitating for the restoration of civil rule during the military era.
Urging other traditional rulers to emulate the Awujale, Tinubu said the monarch has not been in the league of traditional rulers playing bread-and-butter politics.
At the ceremony, which was witnessed by Governors Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Dr Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti), Chief Rauf Aregbesola (Osun); Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu; and Obi of Onitsha, Offala Okagbue.
Oba Adetona called for the creation of Ijebu State from the present Ogun State, urging the people to remain united and peaceful to enable the area make further progress.

Tinubu said: “Yoruba must come together as a united nation and be the symbol of development. We must build our regional economy. Nobody will give us any handouts. There is a gap between poverty and wealth. Our graduate youths are unemployed. The cost of living is no more bearable.”
To achieve the goal of integration, Tinubu urged the people of the Southwest to shun the antics of the Peopled Democratic party (PDP) and cooperate with the ACN governors, whom he described as the symbol of new hope and progress.

He said: “Yoruba is not lazy. We can make it. We need encouragement so that our Moses will not return to Egypt after crossing the Red Sea.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/25715-tinubu-reiterates-southwest%E2%80%99s-commitment-to-regional-integration.html
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 14, 2011
grin grin grin

Expecting the Tinubu haters grin
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 14, 2011
Our graduate youths are unemployed. The cost of living is no more bearable.”

Tell all those millionaire SW politicians to vomit their millions to help with regional development nau. Abi, shbei Tinubu is rich too?
It starts with selflessness.

Seriously, Unit is urgently needed.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by PointB: 9:08am On Nov 14, 2011
A progressing SW is good for business! And SW has better champions than Tinubu. I expect the more 'respectable' governors to take up the initiative; not the chief rascal!
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by babaowo: 1:21pm On Nov 14, 2011
south west is moving on,haters pack ya laod n go back to your village.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2011
Integration of sothwest economy will be a nice idea ,it will be a market of about 50million people together ,common railway network,research and technology sharing,cross marriages etc
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by agoshofin(m): 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2011
Dat will be very cool, but will the governors agree, with the cripplingling debt burden on lagos state?,

But they can do good for the region considering the prowess of Fashola, Amosun & Ajimobi!

I hope them well sha,
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by KINGwax(m): 2:42pm On Nov 14, 2011
babaowo:

south west is moving on,haters pack ya laod n go back to your village.
oh crap! You really wanna start again?
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2011
Regional Integration my arse! Each State Governor ought to focus on developing it's State. Enough of this stupid ethnic nonsense, especially with someone like Tinubu who had 8 solid years to showcase his ideas and accomplished nothing in all that time. State Governors, get to work or get the F out of our faces.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 14, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Regional Integration my arse! Each State Governor ought to focus on developing it's State. Enough of this silly ethnic nonsense, especially with someone like Tinubu who had 8 solid years to showcase his ideas and accomplished nothing in all that time. State Governors, get to work or get the F out of our faces.

You think they are stupid as you.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by KINGwax(m): 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

grin grin grin

Expecting the Tinubu haters grin
i'll register as one, anything for me?
The OLD fool that is talking, with all his stolen and stashed-away money, how many viable investment does he have that has employed youths in his acclaimed state? Except for registered companies that undertook all projects in lagos state for d purpose of his continual wealth amassing? And now he wants all other states to vote his party? So more projects could be done, and more money. Abi? Zap y'all
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Regional Integration my arse! Each State Governor ought to focus on developing it's State. Enough of this silly ethnic nonsense, especially with someone like Tinubu who had 8 solid years to showcase his ideas and accomplished nothing in all that time. State Governors, get to work or get the F out of our faces.
[/quote

Agent of underdevelopment ,oloshi
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by kjhova(m): 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2011
Wether Tinubu clamours for it or not, it is sure the only way forward if Nigeria is going in the direction of progress. i have always felt we have balkanized our country with this "kelekele" (small-small) 36 states structure. The country should not be divided into more than 6 states. This will reduce the bickering among petty-trade "governors" and create economy of scale. A good case for this view point is that if Chief Awolowo was a small time governor of some fringe Yoruba state in the 50's & 60's, he will not have been able to achieve as much as he did with the control of the entire south west. Hoping this will be reciprocated across the entire country too.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by BootyOnMe: 3:03pm On Nov 14, 2011
Spoken like a true tribalist.
Regional intergration indeed.
Ugly toad!
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2011
kj_hova:

Wether Tinubu clamours for it or not, it is sure the only way forward if Nigeria is going in the direction of progress. i have always felt we have balkanized our country with this "kelekele" (small-small) 36 states structure. The country should not be divided into more than 6 states. This will reduce the bickering among petty-trade "governors" and create economy of scale. A good case for this view point is that if Chief Awolowo was a small time governor of some fringe Yoruba state in the 50's & 60's, he will not have been able to achieve as much as he did with the control of the entire south west. Hoping this will be reciprocated across the entire country too.

That, to me, is a farce! Do you know how long these politicians have been selling us this jibberish -- this idea of regional strength? That yorubas need to come together(sometimes against external forces)? As far back as the early 70's. It was used to create ways for thieves like Abiola, and so many other "IJINLE" politicians,to get away with bamboozling the masses. We heard them sing this same old song when there were only 3/4 states in the south west, Parts of Lagos saw development but the others went undeveloped as these so called regional leaders filled their pockets. Back during the times of Awolowo and the others you are likely to mention next, many of the so-called Yoruba states remained marginalized --- rarely any development or roads, why? Because the regional leaders were more interested in Lagos and the money they could make from investing there. You cannot blame all that now on PDP cause it was not even existent back then.

I believe We need to get away from this WE ALL NEED TO BE ONE ETHNICALLY UNITED FOR DEVELOPMENT mentality and focus on demanding change within the territory we find ourselves. ACN or not ACN, many of the states have continued to suffer under their leaders for way too long. It is time we stop playing regional politics and focus on state politics as it ought to be. It works like magic here in the US, so I see no sense in anyone postulating that it could not in Nigeria. Tinubu, again, is the same person who held a state from development for 8 solid years, now he is turned preacher and hero for some? Come on!!
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by jaso1(m): 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2011
This is interesting and well said by amiable leader of the universe Bola Hammed Tinubu. Most vibrant way to expedite development we are all yearning for and gradually it would be embrace by other regions with Good leaders whom sherish and understand important of good governance.
Tinumbu is doing tremendously well despite all the criticism he remain focus, strong and vocal in his agitation for the provision of basics need for the common man. Kudos to you Jagabanbogu, on your mandate we shall stand.
To those that condemning and criticizing him, the more you criticize the stronger he become, your criticism gave the man strength and also highlight areas needed to be touch, we enjoyed that and urge you to sustain your criticism strength.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by HighChief4(m): 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2011
Has Tinubu not deceived his people enough? I think he is one of the major problems of SW
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by jaso1(m): 3:21pm On Nov 14, 2011
@High chief,
If you read my first comment on this brilliant topic you will see that you are also contributing to the development in SW by lacking knowledge of damaged in which your leaders have caused your people. I pray you continue to identify our mistake for us to grow while you remain blind of retrogressive in your region due to leadership ineptitude.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by KINGwax(m): 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2011
jas_o:

@High chief,
If you read my first comment on this brilliant topic you will see that you are also contributing to the development in SW by lacking knowledge of damaged in which your leaders have caused your people. I pray you continue to identify our mistake for us to grow while you remain blind of retrogressive in your region due to leadership ineptitude.

if only you haven't commented as above, you would still have been successful in hiding your long-time FOO.LISHNESS.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Baawaa(m): 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2011
Tinubu elewele omo otin!!
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2011
A lot can be said about delivering speeches that spell good intent and from all indications, a honest approach to solving problems. but as long as it still remains in the mouths and ears of people. it is not worth two farts from GEJ's ars.e. It is the same problem i have with Politicians who start makign promises that when they are elected, they will do this and do that  - what have you (tinubu) done besides planning for 8 fckign years. Please do not point at the roguish masses outside your gate every day and night waiting for handouts as you drive out  wink
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by jaso1(m): 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2011
@KINGwax,
If i choose to ignore this your ailment you main remain un diagnose which may have massive effect on your people and as a Nigerian possibility of contacting it should not be ignore after you would have have succeeded in infecting all your people but before it get down to SW we must have disintegrate. To help your doctor since he's incompetent because i believe you should have been quarantine by now. you’re suffering from brain drain and the vain that coordinate your brain is weak.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by okstol: 3:59pm On Nov 14, 2011
Its only a fool*ish person that will eulogize Tinubu and his likes for pouring such poo into peoples ears. For fckin 8 years, dis dude did notin to change d lives of ordinary Lagosians. Its only people with good track records dat can come out and say such a thing and not well known rogues. I believe, he will come back next year and drop such poo again. Mtscheewwww!
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by aribisala0(m): 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2011
i do not think the case for such integration should be ethnic but rather economic
as such integration should mean infrastructure integration and collaborative efforts to avoid duplication of efforts and other synergies.
e.g. we will have to move away,at some point from a national grid model of power distribution,
regions can also collaborate on road and rail networks
this regional integration should form part of our overall national economic blueprint

in fact there is no reason why infrastructure integration cannot include neighbouring countries in specific instances. e;g
england and france have a channel tunnel.

if there is a case it should be pursued and it may make better sense for some yoruba states to integrate their infrastructure with others elsewhere based on economic merit.i

in my view there should be train links from onitsha to lagos as there is a very good business case just as there should be from lagos to accra
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Ufeolorun(m): 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2011
Look beyond Tinubu's politics and shenanigans, he is making a lot of sense though the statement is becoming cliched,they need to put action to the words.You don't have to collapse the current structure,a cooperating framework could be woven around it just to assure those who may  have the fear of losing political power.   BUT

To really make things work the current system (massive admin. cost  from duplication of offices)has to go to really to see quick financial benefit of integration.Let the states remain but scrap the governors office and make the speaker of the house the highest political office holder in each states,one of them  should on rotational basis act  as governor for the whole states though decisions will be taken in-council.Put the obas, baales in charge of local administration so all elected councilors,chairman wont be able to take any decision without their consent.It should at least put these local politicians in check and the obas integrity on the line.My postulation cool cool grin grin 

Ethnicity as long as the integration works I DON'T CARE,REALLY.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by aribisala0(m): 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2011
you are talking about a massive constitutional change which probably will not happen or will take forever. we are talking about what can you do right now without seeking permission of others which is what constitutional change entails.
acting now does not stop negotiating for constitutional change at the same time
practice rather than theory.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Ufeolorun(m): 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2011
aribisala0:

you are talking about a massive constitutional change which probably will not happen or will take forever. we are talking about what can you do right now without seeking permission of others which is what constitutional change entails.
acting now does not stop  negotiating for constitutional change at the same time
practice rather than theory.

then do it the rascally way grin grin just like tinubu created lcdas and then went on to defend it.Waiting for abuja ehen? wape ni epe grin grin grin
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by OAM4J: 5:37pm On Nov 14, 2011
What is wrong with SW integrating and building a regional economy? This is not about Tinubu, it's about the benefits those who live in the region get.

I think other regions should follow suit.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by aribisala0(m): 5:39pm On Nov 14, 2011
Ufeolorun:

then do it the rascally way grin grin just like tinubu created lcdas and then went on to defend it.Waiting for abuja ehen? wape ni epe grin grin grin
there is a lot you can do now without changing the law or political structure. we are talking of integrated infrastructure. tinubu was not talking about political integration
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by fuke(m): 5:40pm On Nov 14, 2011
@ Tinubu haters

Ola nbi won ninu
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by manny4life(m): 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2011
Regional integration? I'm surprised to hear this from him.

I've said this thing a few times on previous threads; regional states NEED to come together and form an economic consortium. This activity will drastically improve on infrastructural development, education, security et al. This is a good step in the right direction, it means someone is thinking, all that's left is walking the talk.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2011
aribisala0:

regions can also collaborate on road and rail networks
this regional integration should form part of our overall national economic blueprint
What has stopped them from doing it on a state by state basis since 2000? I think we need to think critically about all the trash we hear from these politicians? What stopped these states from implementing SIMPLER development at the state level?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Day Babangida’s Security Was Breached -execution Of The Plot On April 22, 1990 / Tribute To Nigerian Heroes Past / Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.