Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:31 AM

Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home (2097 Views)

Couple Wed In The Mud (Pictures) / South African Man Heartbroken As His Girlfriend Gets Married To Another Man / Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out Her Ex Boyfriend Died After She Blocked Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by DyshApp: 4:20pm On Mar 14
A man has expressed deep disappointment upon returning home from Canada to discover that his wife has used the millions he sent while abroad to build nothing more than a mud house.

The man identified as Ongiri expressed his dismay after finding his house incomplete, despite sending substantial funds for its construction.

According to Ongiri, he had sent his wife a significant amount of money to build their dream home while he was abroad.

However, upon his return, he was dumbfounded to find the house incomplete and the money seemingly misused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0ZrrkGlim8?si=bmTcSkQm3ibPWcac

Speaking on the Brighton Thee PL YouTube channel, Ongiri revealed that he had sent approximately KSh 150k (equivalent to N1,773,513) for specific purposes, such as purchasing windows, but the intended construction did not materialize.

Expressing his disappointment, Ongiri lamented his trust in his wife, whom he had believed to be reliable.

“I truly thought I could trust her and that she was the one for me. I didn’t know she could do this,” the heartbroken man said.

He confessed that he did not involve his mother in his dealings with his wife and had entrusted her with the funds without suspicion.

Ongiri’s attempts to reach his wife and seek clarification on the whereabouts of the money and the progress of the house went unanswered.

“I tried reaching her yesterday and demanded to know where my house is and the money for investments that I had sent her. I also called her, but my calls went unanswered,” he said.

In a desperate attempt to seek accountability, Ongiri confronted his wife, demanding an explanation for the misappropriation of funds.

In a message displayed during the interview, it was revealed that the couple shares one child.

In an initial video posted by the YouTuber, the wife confessed to deceiving her husband about the progress of the house construction.

“The photos that I sent of an ongoing construction are from my neighbour. But you should forgive me. I am your wife,” the woman said as the man broke into tears.

👉checkout our Relationship Talk group for more Gist

1 Share

Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by iamtardey: 4:55pm On Mar 14
grin bet I can’t laff abeg
Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by Savedday2: 5:55pm On Mar 14
9ja girls are the true definition of a devil!

People wicked oooh!

2 Likes

Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by gaby(m): 11:49pm On Mar 14
grin grin

Na red bricks she use no be mud.
Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by atilla(m): 12:14am On Mar 15
But this story is from kenya now. Not naija husband and wife
Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by Exousiang01(m): 4:24am On Mar 15
Savedday2:

People wicked oooh!
You didn't read it.
You just ran to comment.
Typical Nigerian.
This is why you easily fall for cheap propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by Exousiang01(m): 4:27am On Mar 15
This man is not a serious person.
All you can send home from Canada is 150K.
What would she have built with that amount.
Less than N2m to build a house.
2m no reach do foundation sef
Poverty dey Africa.
Many Nigerians sit and insult government and cry hardship.
That guy go be big boy for their side oh and na N1.7m e wan take build house, even villagers in Nigeria who don't travel to Lagos are doing better. Tomorrow one airhead would come and tell us that Kenya has a better economy.
Before you say our Naira doesn't have value that is why we can't build with N1.7m, remember that N1.7 is just about $1k, can you build a house with $1k?
Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by Kingluqman(m): 5:02am On Mar 15
Savedday2:

People wicked oooh!
You are just foolish anyhow!! Where you see Nigerian girls grin
Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by GoodSpirit: 5:25am On Mar 15
atilla:

Did anyone say it's from Naija?
Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by Rexymania(m): 5:33am On Mar 15
I wanted to doubt this story but when I saw "woman", I give it my whole trust. Fear that gender abeg
Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by KingLennon(m): 5:43am On Mar 15
Fear who no fear woman sad. If you must trust women atleast let it be your mama and your sisters
Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by mytime24(f): 6:11am On Mar 15
gaby:
grin grin

Na red bricks she use no be mud.
cement to cost na, she's trying to manage cost😂

1 Like

Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by duptie(m): 6:59am On Mar 15
atilla:
walai
Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by Brandiebird: 7:20am On Mar 15
There are some fuckin demons walking around this planet! I swear I couldn’t imagine what I would do to somebody who did me like this. Never have I ever loved having trust issues because I couldn’t be in this situation. Also, how are you building a house in a vacuum? I’d have all my family members in on this. I guess some people do the dumbest things.
Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by Brandiebird: 7:26am On Mar 15
Exousiang01:
Poverty dey Africa.
That guy go be big boy for their side oh and na N1.7m e wan take build house, even villagers in Nigeria who don't travel to Lagos are doing better. Tomorrow one airhead would come and tell us that Kenya has a better economy.
Before you say our Naira doesn't have value that is why we can't build with N1.7m, remember that N1.7 is just about $1k, can you build a house with $1k?

I don’t understand your argument… are you vex because $1k can build a house in Kenya (probably some rural village btw) or that you can’t do that in Nigeria?
Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by Pecoleee345: 7:40am On Mar 15
Exousiang01:
Poverty dey Africa.

The problem is most of don't read.

It clearly written he sent 150k for specific purposes such as purchasing windows which never materialized.

Learn to always read well before commenting.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by Exousiang01(m): 7:46am On Mar 15
Brandiebird:

I don’t understand your argument… are you vex because $1k can build a house in Kenya (probably some rural village btw) or that you can’t do that in Nigeria?
I am saying our level here in Nigeria can not be compared to that of theirs yet Nigerians keep comparing.

Would a Nigerian staying in Canada send mere N2m to build a house?
The guy is screaming and running around doing interviews because of $1k
This is money that people living in Nigerian villages have. A truck load of oranges from one farm in Benue, do you know how much that would cost,and yet the farmer would consider himself a poor man.
My point here is in Kenya $1k is a whole lot of money despite having a much lower exchange rate and that is because of the poverty rate.
It's not just Nigeria.
$1k cannot get you a proper apartment for rent for a year in most developed countries or developing countries.
So for someone coming from Canada and $1000 seems like a big deal to him......
Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by richiemcgold: 7:49am On Mar 15
A father did a similar thing to his own son, right here in my neighborhood. He cried like a baby on his return back to naija from Qatar because there was no house built for him at all. He couldn't arrest his own dad, neither will he fight him.

1 Like

Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by ibechris(m): 8:01am On Mar 15
Savedday2:

People wicked oooh!

Are sure u are educated at all.

Where is it written that it happened in Nigeria?
Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by Westerhoffe(m): 9:07am On Mar 15
That's in Kenya, not Nigeria... Please…
Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by Brandiebird: 9:17am On Mar 15
Exousiang01:
I am saying our level here in Nigeria can not be compared to that of theirs yet Nigerians keep comparing.

Would a Nigerian staying in Canada send mere N2m to build a house?
The guy is screaming and running around doing interviews because of $1k
This is money that people living in Nigerian villages have. A truck load of oranges from one farm in Benue, do you know how much that would cost,and yet the farmer would consider himself a poor man.
My point here is in Kenya $1k is a whole lot of money despite having a much lower exchange rate and that is because of the poverty rate.
It's not just Nigeria.
$1k cannot get you a proper apartment for rent for a year in most developed countries or developing countries.
So for someone coming from Canada and $1000 seems like a big deal to him......

I hear you. I tried watching the video, they’re not speaking English at all so I looked at the comments on YouTube to figure out what is going on. I think it was much more than $1k because nobody on YouTube was shocked, some mentioned 12M (I’m guessing Ksh) so I think op is doing what NL is famous for which is misinformation.

1 Like

Re: Man Heartbroken After Returning From Abroad Only To Discover Wife Built Mud Home by id4sho(m): 9:51am On Mar 15
It's a Kenyan story though. But as a Naija man, I will come back with my hard currency cash on vacation for my building project. I've seen a duplex built under two months. Get your site engineer and double/triple labourers. You will spend money but the results will be evident.

Some patners don't think. She spent that money with her family or partying or clothes. She can't say she spent it on their kids. Developed countries currency don't lose value easily. Gather your money. Lastly, know your partner. They can make or destroy you

(1) (Reply)

Is There Anyone Using These Two New Whatsapp Features? (Pics) / Is There Really Love At First Sight? / Backup Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.