Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,107 members, 7,849,456 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:56 PM

Come In And Share Your Experience - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Come In And Share Your Experience (1937 Views)

What Was Your First Weed Experience Like? Come And Share Your Stories / Why Are Women like this? See this,Judge for Yourself and share your experience / My Cousin Is Tripping Badly, Please Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by kushercain: 11:38pm On Mar 16
GreatVocalist:
When you have an indepth knowledge of what you want to talk about, confidence and boldness will come.

Don't focus too much on the performance. Know and understand what you want to talk about really well, the rest will take care of itself.

Trust me.

I have social anxiety, and I'm a teacher. I teach a group of really smart students, and quite a number of them. I make sure I try to know what I want to teach before anything else, and that gives me enough confidence that I need.

Just get in front of your audience, start, and you'll find your ground asap. If you're a believer in Christ, please pray.

Break a leg!

Very Smooth!!

@Op to add to this ; pace your breathing, calm your pulse, don't rush your words. Avoid eye contact with the crowd while speaking, continuously scan the hall or class with your eye leveled and gazing at their foreheads or between the eyes.
Except you have a very good friend or colleague among the crowd, then you can focus your gaze and attention on him/her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by EreluRoz: 3:42am On Mar 17
Silentgroper:
you're introverted... Which means you're still liable to talk someone to death.. grin grin

Could that be what cul.er was trying to avoid...

grin grin
Yes I can be a talkative to someone I've open up to,as in someone I've kinda free with else na silence you go chop. 😆

You sef saw how childish, unapologetic and arrogant he was and you did blame him for that unnecessary outburst or you think I didn't see it. 😆. So much from someone I was just beginning to open up to. Na werey he be.
How many people I Dy even talk to like that for here self. You too like amebo.

Oya let's do Uyai amebo, I had she's married to a nairalander, is it true or you don't know about it?
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by talk2hb1(m): 4:43am On Mar 17
LotaTee:
Do you have a fear of public speaking? Or you struggled with it in the past but somehow found a way to overcome it, I'd like you to please share your experience with it and how it has impacted your life.

My first time was during my undergraduate days, when I was tutor my coursemate a course every other person considered tough.

I froze mid sentence in less than 30seconds and I was bailed out by a friend who was to handle another topic, that messed me up big time but I didn't let it crushed me.

I went back to learn the art of public speaking by reading books, watching videos, and practicing in front of mirrors.
Except if I don't know the subject matter which I will stylishly flip to the topic I am master in
😉

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by SporaD8: 4:54am On Mar 17
LotaTee:
Same here! I have a presentation coming up soon and I'm so nervous. Introversion, shyness and public speaking are a terrible mix.
*The key is to make sure you're never caught off guard - Preparation Prevent poor performance!
*Cultivate the habit of taking a long breath, and pronouncing tongue twisting/long words em-pha-ti-cal-ly!(it builds confidence)
*You are the center of attention, never put yourself in a situation where you have to speak in a rush!
*Speak with your head raised - your focus should be on the last persons in the gathering.
*You're Afraid people will laugh at you? It's nothing! You need their feedback to perform even better next time!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by LotaTee: 8:13am On Mar 17
Thank you for your contributions everyone, keep them coming!
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by Landowner101(m): 10:41am On Mar 17
Youth service (NYSC) really helped me. As a stammerer I used to have this nervous feeling when talking in crowds and I do run from any public speaking, but that changed during NYSC, as I was posted to a Secondary school that has a population of over 50 people per class, whis has A,B,C,D. I was assigned to teach 8 classes, Ss1 and Ss2, though at first I felt nervous and shy of entering any class to teach, as most students ridiculed me secretly of stammering. But with time I got used to teaching for hours in front of multiple crowds, addressing them on the assembly ground, and also presenting on CDS days (Thursdays). I do feel a bit nevous before any public speaking, but the most important thing is that I know what I want to say and I say it directly without any fear, with that, the nervous feeling just disappear, then wallow 🕊️ I am good to go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by GreatAchiever1: 11:49am On Mar 17
I haven't done any public speaking to crowds I'm not familiar with, if it happens to me I might freeze, but I don set up plans to overcome it as I'm aware that it isn't a good thing especially for a man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by funkemary(f): 3:33pm On Mar 17
Silentgroper:
to be shy is to be nervous ...

They practically mean the same thing..

I disagree
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by Kimcutie: 11:17am On Mar 28
LotaTee:
Do you have a fear of public speaking? Or you struggled with it in the past but somehow found a way to overcome it, I'd like you to please share your experience with it and how it has impacted your life.
Yes, I had phobia of crowd, especially when addressing them, infact the fear was real when I wanted to defend my IT.

How I overcome was to flow like water and keep a smiling face, less tense, since then that fear is gone and I can actually speak in public now

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

girlfriend / Why You Broke Up Wit Ur Ex / I Love Her, But I Cheated...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.