Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu (27980 Views)

Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back / Elisha Abbo: Reactions As Remi Tinubu Makes Panel / Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Villa12(m): 6:36pm On Mar 21
MT:

And are you living in the US to vouch for what those Nigerians are doing in the US?

You don't even know if they are into fraud or there is no fraudster in the US?

Too much Hollywood and hearsay seem to have damaged you.

You have not been to the US, yet you are arguing blindly with someone who lives there.

No need debating your kind.
grin grin

I know na ALL of them are into fraud just like your fraudulent president Tinubu grin
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by oaugraduate1234(m): 6:42pm On Mar 21
About 1, 890+ People

Are Using This MMBR

Secret Importation Business

Training To Import High Quality

Products & Goods From China,
How
UK, US, Dubia, Turkey,

Bangladesh And You Can Start Importing Today!

Kindly click the link below to watch the free video and to get started

https:///wvjwe

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by YoshihideSuga: 6:52pm On Mar 21
nedu666:
At least they are paid for the job, we'll paid. E easy to earn 12pounds for nightshift for care home, earn 15 quid for sanitation officer plus paid overtime and holiday. Have you seen refuse collectors or security asking anything for the boys. In Nigeria person clearing gutter they will pay him 2k after 8 hours work. Road cleaners will work everyday for 15k a month, lawma boys will be looking like horror movie and still asking anything for the boys.

What Remi is saying is that those doing those jobs wouldn't do them in Nigeria. I will support the japa of LAWMA boys to japa to the UK and become cleaners, but wouldn't support corporate professionals in Nigeria to do the same.

Let's not talk of security, cleaners, private school teachers. Abeg japa and forget all these failed leaders whose children are abroad but discouraging you not to japa

Agreed. Nigerian elites are being hypocritical. Their children reside abroad, so they lack the moral rights to deter others from emigrating.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by press9jatv: 6:57pm On Mar 21
Your husband Tinubu was a drug trafficker in USA, Infact Tinubu did a dirty job in America. Tell me here, is that not dirty job. Tinubu ought to have Roy in jail if the system of government in American is highly strict and frowned to drug trafficking cases.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by countryman13: 7:00pm On Mar 21
Racoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XY8emJ7Yt8
https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/21/nigerians-abroad-do-jobs-they-refused-at-home-remi-tinubu/
Which work una create for Nigeria? The same way you people go out there and wasted monies U can't spend at home.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Scamburster(m): 7:12pm On Mar 21
Cindypresh:

Do you have any problem with my pics??
Don't mind that dunce.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by YoshihideSuga: 7:15pm On Mar 21
ruggedtimi:
i heard about a hair dresser that is earning more than $3000 per week in the u.s, her story was online i think last year.
But my personal experience, my secondary sch classmate works at citibank in the u.s. When he came back just last month.
He did a three days get together for exclassmates in an expensive lounge, fully sponsored by himself. On the first day Myself had something worth 30k and we were ro a bank staff with not more than 4yrs experience. Even a politician on state level
here in nigeria we hardly do such.

He's a skilled professional in the US, where salaries are very high. Citibank is a big bank, so it's not surprising he earns so well. Remember, he earns in US dollars. America is the best place to work as a black professional.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by intruder15(m): 7:24pm On Mar 21
Racoon:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/21/nigerians-abroad-do-jobs-they-refused-at-home-remi-tinubu/

Normally I don't comment on these type of threads. But clearly this woman lack reasoning.
In Nigeria, to get a job with a good pay that you can survive on, you need to go have some level of education.

In the UK, you can afford to eat comfortably and pay your rent by doing menier jobs. Here, even people with degree and white collar jobs are struggling to survive. That's why you see white collar runs ladies who work Monday to Sunday. Monday to Friday official work. Weekends fulfilling Odumodublvck - cast song lyrics.
You see people stealing from their bosses and jobs to make ends meet.

It takes strong home training not to be influenced. Your husband enter power begin make things worse. Someone on 400k salary as at 2022 can see something meaningful to save as a family man with a child or 2. Now na loan app person de use survive de rob peter pay Paul. Till the loan go choke.

We are not asking for so much. Fix basic things.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Fearurcreeator: 7:26pm On Mar 21
CodeTemplar:
the ones doing hairdressing here, can they afford to build ordinary chicken house?
Na the one wey dey your family no fit build chicken house ... The ones I know them get achievements cus them serious with their lives... Una go dey talk about people wey no serious with their lives up and down as excuses to paint this country black... No area of endeavors you won't see people doing well with it...
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by gaskiyamagana: 7:31pm On Mar 21
Racoon:

Yes, they drive cars but there are no ABGEROS, your husband hooligans, to exploit the gains they are making with which they are better off, even some of your aids as first lady.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Fab21: 7:45pm On Mar 21
But the question is why those politicians always visit foreign hospitals for treatment anytime they're Ill?
Why not hospitals in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by babatunji91185: 7:49pm On Mar 21
Cc mods @ the bolded obinoscopy nlfpmod Dominique mukina2 fergie01Rule 2 violatedCc mods @ the bolded obinoscopy nlfpmod Dominique mukina2 fergie01Rule 2 violated...
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Asonaijaaso: 7:54pm On Mar 21
GOD BLESS YOU REMI TINUBU !!!
SAY IT LOUDER
A LOT OF JAPA PEOPLE HAVE NO BUSINESS BEEN THERE
THEY ARE THERE CLEANING BUTTOCKS FOR CHICKEN CHANGE
THEY WILL BE ABUSING NAIJA
ONE TAXI DRIVER CARRIED ME IN CHICAGO AND WAS HIDING HIS FACE
EVEN OYINBO HAVE POOR AND HOMELESS PEOPLE.
THEY KEEP CONVERTING DOLLAR TO NAIRA
MEANWHILE JUST ONE MONTH RENT IS $2000 WITH BILLS ABROAD.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by IbeOkehie: 8:02pm On Mar 21
YoshihideSuga:

What Remi is saying is that those doing those jobs wouldn't do them in Nigeria. I will support the japa of LAWMA boys to japa to the UK and become cleaners, but wouldn't support corporate professionals in Nigeria to do the same.

Agreed. Nigerian elites are being hypocritical. Their children reside abroad, so they lack the moral rights to deter others from emigrating.

You're a joker. The highest paid CEO of a listed company in Nigeria is the foreigner who heads Dangote Cement. His TOTAL COMPENSATION is $600K.

Dear sir, I know several Nigerian doctors who earn that amount just here in my small state in the USA...these are doctors at public university hospitals, prisons and such so their salaries are PUBLISHED on government websites and even newspapers. There's not one doctor in the USA who earns less than $150K per year, it's actually $200K, but I want to allow for the naysayers.

A personal friend of mine hired a nurse practitioner (nurse with Master's degree level). I wrote her recommendation, brand new graduate. I asked him how much he paid her? $130K/year. This is in my own industry. Nurses with diploma or first degree, again from direct knowledge...start at $32/hr.

The nurse earning $32/hr is taking home NET PAY of $20/hr and surely can afford to send ₦200K per month to anyone she chooses. Less than 1% of Nigerian workers living in Nigeria earn ₦200K/month

Go to any State Nursing Board in the USA and search for names starting with surname A, I or O and see how many Nigerian nurses are licensed....too many. That's why bankers and engineers and lawyers come to USA and become nurses, I know many who did exactly that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - people who've never worked in the Anglo-West have no idea of the income disparity. grin

Good Luck to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by armadeo(m): 8:07pm On Mar 21
2mch:

Tell the one in London to send you 20 Pounds. LMAO.

Why not the one in ibadan to send 40k. ?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Error401: 8:10pm On Mar 21
The goal is not to build USA but build Nigeria. An hairdresser in USA earns your life savings in just a year or two. Better be an hairdresser in USA than defending useless politician in Nigeria. One USA hairdress bought a bungalow for 20 million in my area about 4 years ago.
Even pensionires who served for 35 years dont get 10m gratuity.

You have a brain, please make it function

helinues:

Why can't she build that same house in USA?

You think everyone in abroad is living comfortable?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Error401: 8:13pm On Mar 21
Na only children u see? Even Tinubu Japa, Dapo abiodun and all those mumu leaders are product of Japa. Someone like Ogbeni Dipo will come back in future to discourage people from Japa. I dont balme them I only blame the stuupid people defending them

nedu666:
At least they are paid for the job, we'll paid. E easy to earn 12pounds for nightshift for care home, earn 15 quid for sanitation officer plus paid overtime and holiday. Have you seen refuse collectors or security asking anything for the boys. In Nigeria person clearing gutter they will pay him 2k after 8 hours work. Road cleaners will work everyday for 15k a month, lawma boys will be looking like horror movie and still asking anything for the boys. Let's not talk of security, cleaners, private school teachers. Abeg japa and forget all these failed leaders whose children are abroad but discouraging you not to japa
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by helinues: 8:15pm On Mar 21
Error401:
The goal is not to build USA but build Nigeria. An hairdresser in USA earns your life savings in just a year or two. Better be an hairdresser in USA than defending useless politician in Nigeria. One USA hairdress bought a bungalow for 20 million in my area about 4 years ago.
Even pensionires who served for 35 years dont get 10m gratuity.

You have a brain, please make it function

My life savings? Is that a normal statement?

Do you have a clue about my living?

Why are you lots so bitter about political discussion that you always think others are living in an abject poverty like you.

What a bullshit
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Error401: 8:18pm On Mar 21
Sorry to burst your bubble, Im not in your shithole country and not living in abject poverty either. The Tinubu you are shamelessly defending was once a cab driver in that USA. So go get a life and stop being a Zombie

helinues:

Why are you lots so bitter about political discussion that you always think others are living in an abject poverty like you.

What a bullshit
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Korectmann: 8:19pm On Mar 21
helinues:

What a bullshit
Hi, do you want to work and earn a living?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by IbeOkehie: 8:25pm On Mar 21
helinues:

Why can't she build that same house in USA?

You think everyone in abroad is living comfortable?

You've spotted something very important even though you think you're making a case against migration. I've written it before, here it is again - the biggest impediment to the success and living standards of Nigerians abroad is their emotional and financial commitments to Nigeria. She can have such a house in the USA if she had the same kind of commitment to the USA, but she doesn't. She's still trying to impress her village people and her relatives, she's trying to generate social capital in Nigeria.

Nobody earning less than $250K per year in the USA should be investing or sending any major money to Nigeria. There's some small allowances, but in general don't do it. Concentrate on your life abroad and you will go far. Nigerians are NOT worth impressing. I write from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, those who have ears, let them hear.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by helinues: 8:25pm On Mar 21
Error401:
Sorry to burst your bubble, Im not in your shithole country and not living in abject poverty either. The Tinubu you are shamelessly defending was once a cab driver in that USA. So go get a life and stop being a Zombie

Am I also in Nigeria?

Why do you people think of yourself too much?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by helinues: 8:26pm On Mar 21
Korectmann:
Hi, do you want to work and earn a living?

Are you a spam bot? Why repeating same bunkum over and over again?

Chinedu, try and be creative
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Error401: 8:27pm On Mar 21
grin grin grin grin

helinues:

What a bullshit
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Korectmann: 8:28pm On Mar 21
helinues:

Are you a spam bot? Why repeating same bunkum over and over again?

Chinedu, try and be creative
Do you want to work in aso rock?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Error401: 8:28pm On Mar 21
Lol so you are not in Nigeria but discouraging people not to leave, why are you so selfish?
helinues:

Am I also in Nigeria?

Why do you people think of yourself too much?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by helinues: 8:33pm On Mar 21
Error401:
Lol so you are not in Nigeria but discouraging people not to leave, why are you so selfish?

Could you point out to where I have discouraged people from traveling out of Nigeria?

Is it idleness that's is making g you guys to just be writing nonsense
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by helinues: 8:35pm On Mar 21
Korectmann:
Do you want to work in aso rock?

Stop acting like a spam bot, comment like real human being born by mama
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Error401: 8:38pm On Mar 21
You are not defending but comparing a nigerian hairstylist to a USA based sylist. 90% of Nigerian hairdress cant even comfortbly build a house. The people you are supporting are a product of Japa, inheritance, embezzlement or just lucky.

helinues:

Could you point out to where I have discouraged people from traveling out of Nigeria?

Is it idleness that's is making g you guys to just be writing nonsense

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by helinues: 8:38pm On Mar 21
Error401:
You are not defending but comparing a nigerian hairstylist to a USA based sylist. 90% of Nigerian hairdress cant even comfortbly build a house. The people you are supporting are a product of Japa, inheritance, embezzlement or just lucky.

See goal shifting

Eish
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by koolaid87: 9:19pm On Mar 21
Olachase:
maybe she is saying the true or not

i kw someone that sold the property his late father left before departing this world house and two cars

the guy relocated to Italy 4years ago

the guy is back to Nigeria living in a rented house

most time i wonder what's wrong with we the youth undecided undecided

You never see someone who sold everything to japa and came back to build a mansion.

Dey play.

Make una dey compare foreign with naija.

Youths wey japa don dey blessed already cos job full everywhere.

Where job dey for naija.

You think say if industry yapa for naija with better payment wey go sort your bills and put for table, yahoo boys go dey?

Abroad engage their youths with so many things; Job, sports, subsidised education for their people.

Lastly, Remi, the ugly b1tch just dey open mouth anyhow. Where Gov assistance for citizens to rent or buy cars in credit?

How much is minimum wage? Can a Nigerian with no kids and children live on the minimum wage?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Azaland(f): 9:23pm On Mar 21
obaidan:

Infact the effort(hardwork) it takes to make 200k in Nigeria will actually fetch $3000(if not more) in the US. Meanwhile take home of 800 after earning 1500 is not valid. Who earns $1500 will still take home $1000 if not more. That's a low tax bracket.
On the tax thing, was just doing a worst case scenario stuff. Even at that worst case, 200k still na mess.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Court Of Appeal Sacks Alhassan Doguwa, House Of Reps Leader / President Bola Tinubu Launches The Renewed Hope Cities And Estates / Osinbajo And Wife, Dolapo Cast their votes at VGC, Lekki, Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.