Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Can You Imagine This Nonesense - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Imagine This Nonesense (1505 Views)

I'm Done With This Redpill NONESENSE / Can You Imagine A Question A Lady Asked Me Before Coming To My House? / Nonesense!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Imagine This Nonesense by SultanOfAbia: 12:18pm On Mar 22
So I came back to Lagos, and today I decided to eat outside based on gas cooker don finish.

As I went to a Yoruba place where they cook and sell food. I noticed something weird

1. Only 2 people were serving food
Mind you over 10 people are waiting to buy food..

2. The food servers are so slow and they look depressed and sad.
I had to call them over and over and still they won't attend to me.

3. One of the food servers was serving food with attitude. If I call him he will look away and not answer me.

This was truly a shock to me,
How can I be begging you to buy your food On top my own money.
Naso una dey do for this Lagos??
So I have to beg you before you sell me food that I will buy with my own money??
I had to angrily leave the place, and went on to buy food else where.

How can you be selling food
Yet you treat your customers like shit
Customers have to beg you before you attend to them What ridiculous nonesense angry

In the East, customers are treated with attention.
But in Lagos, it's like they expect you to worship them before they sell you food.

I had the same experience in Yakoyo restaurant.
You have to literally beg them before they attend to you and serve you food.
Can you imagine this Nonesense

3 Likes

Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by DaddyRochie1642: 12:21pm On Mar 22
All these Lamentations are unnecessary

5 Likes

Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by ogashman(m): 12:28pm On Mar 22
I feel u bro

Another thing is that, if they a competitor opens close by and start making more sales than them, they would conclude it is jazz or juju.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by ikeno(m): 12:37pm On Mar 22
You for kukuma go serve yourself as you no fit get small patient make e reach your turn as per say you meet few persons waiting for their turn.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by SultanOfAbia: 12:45pm On Mar 22
ikeno:
You for kukuma go serve yourself as you no fit get small patient make e reach your turn as per say you meet few persons waiting for their turn.
The first Red flag is that they have only 2 people serving food. And them slow die!!!
Plus we are over 10 people waiting.

Instead of them to be agile and active
They are serving food as if na punishment, very slow, looking sad.
If you call them they won't respond until they finish serving food..

It felt like we came there to beg food for free
Meanwhile everybody carry money

I have NEVER experiencened such in the East
These Yoruba people are something else
I have to beg you before I pay you to eat WTF
Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by SultanOfAbia: 12:49pm On Mar 22
ogashman:
I feel u bro

Another thing is that, if they a competitor opens close by and start making more sales than them, they would conclude it is jazz or juju.
Unfortunately that Yoruba restaurant is always packed with people.
I think that is why the feel like GODS
Because customer dey full ground
They come dey treat customer as fools

I guess their logic is " They don't give a fvck about customer. Na the money they care about

2 Likes

Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by SultanOfAbia: 12:52pm On Mar 22
DaddyRochie1642:
All these Lamentations because of hunger

All my life in the East, I have never experienced such.
In the East, when you enter restaurant
The workers attend to you with sharply
They are lively, agile, active, engaging

Not these Yoruba ones that act like they are doing you a favor with food. As if you are not paying for the food
Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by ikeno(m): 12:59pm On Mar 22
This one you are here lamenting will not change anything,the best you should have done is try and see the owner and advise her to get more serving girls for her establishment.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by SultanOfAbia: 1:03pm On Mar 22
ikeno:
This one you are here lamenting will not change anything,the best you should have done is try and see the owner and advise her to get more serving girls for her establishment.
It is a local restaurant, They don't give a Bleep
It's only money they care about
Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by NPFLADMIN(m): 1:14pm On Mar 22
Also happens in Ib.
The servers usally get annoyed at every little thing and are very impatient.
They only become humble in front of big men.
It's one of the biggest red flags I find in restuarants. Once the servers attitude is terrible, I never return there.

Anyways, I need 17k. Plzzzzz. It's in my siggy.
Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by seanery: 4:34pm On Mar 22
SIGH
Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by Johnson225(m): 5:06pm On Mar 22
@Op.
After carefully going through your posts on this thread.
i think i see through your deceit, you're obviously a paid agent of divide and rule tactic.
I notice how you trying so hard to drag tribe into this.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by kmaster007: 5:09pm On Mar 22
Hungry never hammer you whr you sit down... Wait make dem carry food com give you....
Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:00pm On Mar 22
you did what was right by leaving the place...

1 Like

Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by mmadu5(m): 7:13pm On Mar 22
NPFLADMIN:
Also happens in Ib.
The servers usally get annoyed at every little thing and are very impatient.
They only become humble in front of big men.
It's one of the biggest red flags I find in restuarants. Once the servers attitude is terrible, I never return there.

Anyways, I need 17k. Plzzzzz. It's in my siggy.

17k from where? or from who?

3 Likes

Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by NPFLADMIN(m): 7:32pm On Mar 22
mmadu5:

17k from where? or from who?
Anybody na. To some people, na chicken change be that.
Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by Biglittlelois(f): 7:34pm On Mar 22
Seun nlfpmod oam4j mynd44 pls why is this thread still active?

From the Op to his other comments it is obvious he is trying to cast aspersions on the Yorubas, his comments is filled with tribal bigotry and untrue generalisations that has nothing to do with his experience in a particular restaurant

Pls do something about it, thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by Jman06(m): 7:42pm On Mar 22
Op, that attitude is not peculiar to those selling food! It's a general thing among the Yorubas and even those from the Naija Delta region. Trading is not their thing so they don't know how to pamper customers. Only the Igbos and Hausas understand trading and how to retain customers, especially the Igbos.

I remember my encounter when I went to Benin for the first time. Most times when I entered a shop owned by the Bini natives, it was always like I quarreled with them before. If you ever try to bargain on a price of an item, they'll look at you with so much disdain as if you committed an offence for trying to bargain the price they told you. But when I entered a shop owned by an Igbo person, he/she will treat you with so much dignity and respect that you'll want to patronize them next time. That was when I got to know the reason why Igbos are succeeding in trading in this country. It is due to good customer relationships! No juju there

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by Balablue64: 8:34pm On Mar 22
DaddyRochie1642:
All these Lamentations are unnecessary
Says a pauper who can't even afford one square meal per day.
Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by Balablue64: 8:35pm On Mar 22
ikeno:

dis is the sales boy you met at the restaurant with attitude, kabiru the rude restaurant sales boy

1 Like

Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by Balablue64: 8:40pm On Mar 22
Johnson225:
@Op.
After carefully going through your posts on this thread.
i think i see through your deceit, you're obviously a paid agent of divide and rule tactic.
I notice how you trying so hard to drag tribe into this.

Is he not right? Are yoruba people not like that, very rude while selling market.

1 Like

Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by ukaface(f): 9:49pm On Mar 22
SultanOfAbia:
So I came back to Lagos, and today I decided to eat outside based on gas cooker don finish.

As I went to a Yoruba place where they cook and sell food. I noticed something weird

1. Only 2 people were serving food
Mind you over 10 people are waiting to buy food..

2. The food servers are so slow and they look depressed and sad.
I had to call them over and over and still they won't attend to me.

3. One of the food servers was serving food with attitude. If I call him he will look away and not answer me.

This was truly a shock to me,
How can I be begging you to buy your food On top my own money.
Naso una dey do for this Lagos??
So I have to beg you before you sell me food that I will buy with my own money??
I had to angrily leave the place, and went on to buy food else where.

How can you be selling food
Yet you treat your customers like shit
Customers have to beg you before you attend to them What ridiculous nonesense angry

In the East, customers are treated with attention.
But in Lagos, it's like they expect you to worship them before they sell you food.

I had the same experience in Yakoyo restaurant.
You have to literally beg them before they attend to you and serve you food.
Can you imagine this Nonesense
Did you wait for your turn? Abi you were so impatient and felt at the snap of your fingers they would attend to you ?
And really I don’t see the reason for the Yoruba Igbo, Lagos east comparison.
When the Yorubas begin insult you now you go Dey cry tribalism.

Why you no go Igbo restaurant initially go buy the food?

1 Like

Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by SultanOfAbia: 11:27am On Mar 23
ukaface:

Did you wait for your turn? Abi you were so impatient and felt at the snap of your fingers they would attend to you ?
And really I don’t see the reason for the Yoruba Igbo, Lagos east comparison.
When the Yorubas begin insult you now you go Dey cry tribalism.

Why you no go Igbo restaurant initially go buy the food?

Learn to read and understand.
I went to the nearest restaurant around me which happens to be a Yoruba restaurant.
So I decided to try them out for the first time.
After this experience,
Na only Awkward ibom,calabar,Igbo restaurant I will be going to
Even if it is 30 mins far from my house
I will go there than to spend a dime on the nearest Yoruba restaurant.
Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by SultanOfAbia: 11:30am On Mar 23
Jman06:
Op, that attitude is not peculiar to those selling food! It's a general thing among the Yorubas and even those from the Naija Delta region. Trading is not their thing so they don't know how to pamper customers. Only the Igbos and Hausas understand trading and how to retain customers, especially the Igbos.

I remember my encounter when I went to Benin for the first time. Most times when I entered a shop owned by the Bini natives, it was always like I quarreled with them before. If you ever try to bargain on a price of an item, they'll look at you with so much disdain as if you committed an offence for trying to bargain the price they told you. But when I entered a shop owned by an Igbo person, he/she will treat you with so much dignity and respect that you'll want to patronize them next time. That was when I got to know the reason why Igbos are succeeding in trading in this country. It is due to good customer relationships! No juju there
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by ukaface(f): 12:18pm On Mar 23
SultanOfAbia:

Learn to read and understand.
I went to the nearest restaurant around me which happens to be a Yoruba restaurant.
So I decided to try them out for the first time.
After this experience,
Na only Awkward ibom,calabar,Igbo restaurant I will be going to
Even if it is 30 mins far from my house
I will go there than to spend a dime on the nearest Yoruba restaurant.
You just want create unnecessary tribalism war

1 Like

Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by Kobicove(m): 12:34pm On Mar 23
There were already people in the restaurant therefore you need to wait for your turn to get served.

You are being mischievous by dragging tribe into this matter! undecided
Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by DevilsEqual(m): 5:52pm On Mar 23
Jman06:

Una go dey drag tribe on top small issues

If no be say I no like to dey do tribal war for romance section, u for don hear am

That u guys feel the unneccessary urge to sing your own praises, or not talk down on other is a reflection of a chronic inferiority complex that has eaten deep into your tribe many generations ago

Make i jam u for politics section, u go cry deny your own tribe...

1 Like

Re: Can You Imagine This Nonesense by Jman06(m): 6:37pm On Mar 23
DevilsEqual:

Una go dey drag tribe on top small issues

If no be say I no like to dey do tribal war for romance section, u for don hear am

That u guys feel the unneccessary urge to sing your own praises, or not talk down on other is a reflection of a chronic inferiority complex that has eaten deep into your tribe many generations ago

Make i jam u for politics section, u go cry deny your own tribe...
I don't engage in tribal bigotry. What I stated was based on my first-hand experience.

(1) (Reply)

On Valentine's Day My Girl Refused To Go Out WIth Me / Does Money Equal Love? / My Pathetic Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.