Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,939 members, 7,810,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? (33116 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / Is University Education Overrated? / Is Unilag Any Better Than Covenant University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2011
and then you have underpaid lecturers trying to hussle their leaflets to students. if you dont buy the handouts, does not matter how brainy you are, you will never pass the course. is that a university or a love-vendor convention with a bunch of his hoes ?

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by KINGwax(m): 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2011
Ijogz K:

Why wont you concentrate in an environment like this,  You don't have any excuse  grin
i knw u must have a head, but i don't think it housed a brain!
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 2:33pm On Nov 15, 2011
the lecturer is the love-vendor, the student are the hoes, and the handouts you have to buy are the sexual favors. if you dont buy that handout, he will lay the love-vendor hand down on you by failing you.  cheesy federal universities ko federal government ni
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by DeRadical: 2:38pm On Nov 15, 2011
Na wa ooo! comparing Almighty UI to Covenant University? Hmmmnnnn! interesting! It is only a fool that will wake up and do that. CU will get there but not yet. Sentiments apart, no reason for comparism, it is like comparing a lion in the wild and the one in the zoo cage. The lion in the wild sees life as it is while the caged lion is restricted.

what makes the difference is that environment,

UI is a no match to covenant university for now, it is just a bitter truth but that doesnt mean that they wont get there by tomorrow.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2011
having said all that, there are some courses that you do where it will serve you better to go to UI than convenant. something like say MEDICINE .
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Sike(m): 2:56pm On Nov 15, 2011
Awww! Interesting!! More and more pls! Am rily enjoyin diz, Wia is my Bed sef??
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2011
@OP, You know what i think? I think you're a crazy, nut, little and silly kid, First i would like to tell you that, going to a federal university in nigerian means three things. 1. You're brilliant 2. Your parent loves you and they have great passion for education 3. You can survive in any situation! Comparing your stupid pre-teen school with UI is nothing but stupidity, So you think, that big buildings and some long nose lecturers quaranted success? I have alot of friends that wasn't admitted into public university simply because they're not good enough! Ask me where they are now? They're in private university, Once you have their school fee, then you're good to enter, Do you think covenant university is a school? Dude we call it post secondary school over here, And funny enough, i guess your dad is a politician! He has stolen all money and sent you to covenant so as to keep you say from boko haram and militants, You're just so silly to bring up this type of topic, So you think everybody that attended public university are poor? That their parent are lazy? HELL NO they're not! They're hardworking parents, that wants the best for their kids, I swear that you're a silly bitch. GO Bleep YOURSELF WITH YOUR STUPID COVENANT DEGREE! oponu
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2011
adeaugustus:

@OP, You know what i think? I think you're a crazy, nut, little and silly kid, First i would like to tell you that, going to a federal university in nigerian means three things. 1. You're brilliant 2. Your parent loves you and they have great passion for education 3. You can survive in any situation! Comparing your silly pre-teen school with UI is nothing but stupidity, So you think, that big buildings and some long nose lecturers quaranted success? I have alot of friends that wasn't admitted into public university simply because they're not good enough! Ask me where they are now? They're in private university, Once you have their school fee, then you're good to enter, Do you think covenant university is a school? Dude we call it post secondary school over here, And funny enough, i guess your dad is a politician! He has stolen all money and sent you to covenant so as to keep you say from boko haram and militants, You're just so silly to bring up this type of topic, So you think everybody that attended public university are poor? That their parent are lazy? HELL NO they're not! They're hardworking parents, that wants the best for their kids, I swear that you're a silly NaughtyWoman. GO bleep YOURSELF WITH YOUR silly COVENANT DEGREE! oponu
Anoda untrained Dog barking, I knew that they would come. If they smell the "Pedigree" You can always be rest assure that they would bark grin
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by 9icelag: 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2011
there is no basis for comparing d two schools
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by mustspin: 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2011
now i see, there's no point arguing with the op and co. they fail to understand what the word better means,
i guess they are the type that will judge a bank by the number of branches and exotic cars they got flaunting about.
my advise is try and get to understand the concept behind  the rankings before engaging in uninformed arguments. CU is unarguably the best private university, but nt near the class of U.I yet. PLEASE STOP ARGUING FROM YOUR LAYMAN POINT OF VIEW
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by gaakgaba: 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2011
@ all. it is a total waste of time to be debating this type of topic. CU with UI? compare the products. how many years will it take CU to produce a nobel laureate.Check the ranking and the criteria. Dont forget that most of these CU graduates tried endlessly to gain admission to federal universities but failed because they are too dull. so u should expect something like this. See the structure they display. can this stand the test of time like the ones you have in UI,IFE? only time will tell.Dont forget the fact that CU is a one man business. In our elementary economics, the death of the owner in a one-man business could mean the end of the business. I graduated from OAU and am proud to be associated with the products and lecturers from the institution: professor wole soyinka, bisade ologunde(lagbaja), Abike Dabiri, olorunibe mamora, the Late gani Fawehimi, cant just continue to name names. The big Questions. WHO ARE YOUR LECTURERS?
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2011
Ijogz K:

Anoda untrained Dog barking, I knew that they would come. If they smell the "Pedigree" You can always be rest assure that they would bark grin

Social etiquette is equal to Zero!
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by sheyguy: 3:34pm On Nov 15, 2011
De Radical:

Na wa ooo! comparing Almighty UI to Covenant University? Hmmmnnnn! interesting! It is only a fool that will wake up and do that. CU will get there but not yet. Sentiments apart, no reason for comparism, it is like comparing a lion in the wild and the one in the zoo cage. The lion in the wild sees life as it is while the caged lion is restricted.

what makes the difference is that environment,

UI is a no match to covenant university for now, it is just a bitter truth but that doesnt mean that they wont get there by tomorrow.
r u trying to say the long dist btw the lecture hall and student accomodation gives real life xperience or what?
Another weak argument against private uni.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2011
gaakgaba:

@ all. it is a total waste of time to be debating this type of topic. CU with UI? compare the products. how many years will it take CU to produce a nobel laureate.Check the ranking and the criteria. Dont forget that most of these CU graduates tried endlessly to gain admission to federal universities but failed because they are too dull. so u should expect something like this. See the structure they display. can this stand the test of time like the ones you have in UI,IFE? only time will tell.Dont forget the fact that CU is a one man business. In our elementary economics, the death of the owner in a one-man business could mean the end of the business. I graduated from OAU and am proud to be associated with the products and lecturers from the institution: professor wole soyinka, bisade ologunde(lagbaja), Abike Dabiri, olorunibe mamora, the Late gani Fawehimi, cant just continue to name names. The big Questions. WHO ARE YOUR LECTURERS?
ABSOLUTE TRIPE. with the intelligence displayed in your post you will hardly be the poster boy for promoting federal universities. matter fact if we had to judge federal universities by your argument criteria, then we may as well all put on black and start mourning the death of federal universities
1, how many years will it take CU to produce a nobel laureate , what is the relevance of this with the topic at hand ? a laureate is a man-imposed title that can be bestowed on anyone intelligent enough irrespective of backgound, color, class, creed and social affiliations
2, Check the ranking and the criteria, who does the ranking ?
3, CU graduates tried endlessly to gain admission to federal universities but failed because they are too dull. , how is that relevant in this discussion ? we are talking about the quality of the institution not the quality of students in the institution.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2011
Ijogz K:

pedigree chum cheesy cheesy
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Acidosis(m): 3:47pm On Nov 15, 2011
All I know is, if I'm placed on a scholarship to attend any of these schools, oboy na ''covenant'' things oo.
Some people just like suffer, chei. .you think this is 18th century where you need to work and walk 'hard' just to make a living. If there is money, I mean why would someone in his/her right senses desire to pass thru stress and tension of strike etc,. I hate stress and poverty! Once again its COVENANT.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by brainpulse: 3:53pm On Nov 15, 2011
buzugee:

ABSOLUTE TRIPE. with the intelligence displayed in your post you will hardly be the poster boy for promoting federal universities. matter fact if we had to judge federal universities by your argument criteria, then we may as well all put on black and start mourning the death of federal universities
1, how many years will it take CU to produce a nobel laureate , what is the relevance of this with the topic at hand ? a laureate is a man-imposed title that can be bestowed on anyone intelligent enough irrespective of backgound, color, class, creed and social affiliations
2, Check the ranking and the criteria, who does the ranking ?
3, CU graduates tried endlessly to gain admission to federal universities but failed because they are too dull. , how is that relevant in this discussion ? we are talking about the quality of the institution not the quality of students in the institution.

you are a dumb and disgrace to your private university if the quality of an institution can not be likened to the quality of students, then you dont have any pulse in your brain.
That means its a waste if a quality institution can not produce quality graduates, then by what yard stick do you think they rank institutions, building alone you are a shamble.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by dabraska: 4:00pm On Nov 15, 2011
lets get this thing staight,
Ijogz, am also a graduate from covenant university, but u shud take it easy. ur post was offensive. If I am asked, i will say UI has set a standard that speaks for itsef but it is gradually fading away.
Covenant is moving very rapidly and have very high number of 1st class graduates, but lets honestly tell ourselves the truth, a 1st class graduate of covenant cannot stand a HARD-EARNED 1st class graduate of UI. I said HARD-EARNED because students do all sort of things in federal universities to pass.
But you people supporting UI, how can you say just because a student is not admitted in UI and he/she is admitted in private universities, it shows that UI is better?  Do you know the amount of deals and runs that take place in federal universities before students can gain admission?  
And coupled with the various strike and cultism acts that go on in the school, dats a no-go area.
The only reason, UI is a better university now is because of the standard they have set for themselves a long tym ago and with the invention of technology and rapid access to information, Covenant is doing so well to surpass UI in the nearest future.

The aim of Universities is to prepare a student for the future, not failing him/her to show how high standard the school is.
Dont get me wrong, Covenant is a very gud school, and when it comes to the environment for learning,they have one of the best, but our graduates are not well cooked. Except for those that go outta their ways to add to their learning.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by gaakgaba: 4:00pm On Nov 15, 2011
@buzugee. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin sorry. may be in your next life you will be priviledged to have a quality education.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2011
Acidosis:

All I know is, if I'm placed on a scholarship to attend any of these schools, oboy na ''covenant'' things oo.
Some people just like suffer, chei. .you think this is 18th century where you need to work and walk 'hard' just to make a living. If there is money, I mean why would someone in his/her right senses desire to pass thru stress and tension of strike etc,. I hate stress and poverty! Once again its COVENANT.
God bless you, Your Future Children would be Graduates of Harvard Business School IJN, This is someone that understands my point exactly. Majority of them just hate the place because they can't afford to go there. Simple  grin
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Acidosis(m): 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2011
Now take a look @ this, it's a general belief that a 2nd class student in a Nigerian university is likely to come out with a first class in a British university due to the learning environment. Now are you saying, Nigerian universites are better than the schools in UK? You don't judge the standard of a school simply because the lecturers were taught to fail students. Suffering is not the same with hardwork!
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by gaakgaba: 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2011
@buzugee. you are yet to answer the BIG QUESTION. WHO ARE YOUR LECTURERS? WHAT ARE THEIR ORIGIN? If you are now a graduate, you must have wasted your time beyond normal not to know that the number of nobel laurates produced is one of the key criteria in ranking universities. Did i hear you say nobel laurates a man-imposed title? Gosh!!! So i have been wasting my time since embarassed
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by mustspin: 4:16pm On Nov 15, 2011
things you guyz should understand about these schools,
1. they are privately owned schools with future uncertainty due to the nature of privately owned businesses
2. some prestigious institutions dont accepts degrees from these institution for post graduate programmes
3. future economic policies can threaten the existence of such universities just like any other business

with the alarming rate of increase in the number of these private universities, i just hope the kinda reform that swept away lots of banks some years back will not swallow some of them soon,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2011
Acidosis:

Now take a look @ this, it's a general belief that a 2nd class student in a Nigerian university is likely to come out with a first class in a British university due to the learning environment. Now are you saying, Nigerian universites are better than the schools in UK? You don't judge the standard of a school simply because the lecturers were taught to fail students. Suffering is not the same with hardwork!  
Am happy to know that we have people with positive mindset who believe that suffering and unnecessary oppression by lecturers doesn't equate or depicts quality.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2011
buzugee u rock!!! cheesy

I went to a federal university and my sis attends CU and I tell you anytime I go to see my sister I always wish I could rewind the clock and attend CU.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2011
mustspin:

with the alarming rate of increase in the number of these private universities, i just hope the kinda reform that swept away lots of banks some years back will not swallow some of them soon,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Bros don't you wanna be the one controlling the reforms that occurs in the country in the nearest future? Well another poor mentality from a Lasu or Oosu Graduate. Well Covenant University graduates believe that they would be the one in control of the affairs of the nation in the nearest future, So we are not bothered or scared of economic uncertainties the future pose,  grin
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2011
brainpulse:

you are a dumb and disgrace to your private university if the quality of an institution can not be likened to the quality of students, then you dont have any pulse in your brain.
That means its a waste if a quality institution can not produce quality graduates, then by what yard stick do you think they rank institutions, building alone you are a shamble.
this is trhe type of thinking that does not bode well for purveyors of federal university education. if you took the time to actually comprehend what i was getting at with respect to the guy who said 'those who couldnt get into federal universitys are the ones who go to private ones', well my point was, a university is not measured by the quality of graduates it admits, hence making the guys point null and void, a university is measured by the quality of graduate it spits out and not what it ingests. gerrit ? now learn to engage your federal university brain before you regurgitate the contents of it onto this here forum lol

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2011
Horayce:

buzugee u rock!!! cheesy

I went to a federal university and my sis attends CU and I tell you anytime I go to see my sister I always wish I could rewind the clock and attend CU.

i felt the same way after seeing those pictures cheesy cheesy
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2011
Horayce:

buzugee u rock!!! cheesy

Am sure you would also be impressed with the natural beauty of both the students and the school environment, No one is trying to oppress anybody. No 1 chases after sugar daddy, we don't have people who chill at dark corners of the night to snatch people's phone, or people turning their rooms to kitchen, How do you expect all dis hungry men to pass with all those hardship  undecided
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by daphil: 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2011
No offense but from all indications Buguzee graduated from OAU with 3rd Class Honours. That's why he was not proud of where he graduated from. grin
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2011
gaakgaba:

@buzugee. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin sorry. may be in your next life you will be priviledged to have a quality education.
Amen to that my nubian kinfolk grin grin grin AMEN
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2011
gaakgaba:

@buzugee. you are yet to answer the BIG QUESTION. WHO ARE YOUR LECTURERS? WHAT ARE THEIR ORIGIN? If you are now a graduate, you must have wasted your time beyond normal not to know that the number of nobel laurates produced is one of the key criteria in ranking universities. Did i hear you say nobel laurates a man-imposed title? Gosh!!! So i have been wasting my time since embarassed
WHAT EXACTLY IS A NOBLE-LAUREATE ??is that like some kind of deity that is bestowed on you by the almighty, the merciful, the benevolent YAHWEH if not get the heck outta here with that crap. who cares about a noble laureate but your pugnacious and belligerent self. who are my lecturers ? of what importance is that question ? all you need to know is that they are capable and qualified. i have seen your lecturers in your federal uni who pass you only if you buy their handouts or if you sleep with them or buy them beer in the student union building. jeko jeko lecturers grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Olori Memunat Graduates From University (Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife) / How To Spot An "Olodo" In The Exam Hall / Nursing Student Suspended In Borno For Not Welcoming Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.