Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? (33213 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / Is University Education Overrated? / Is Unilag Any Better Than Covenant University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by DDN: 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2011
This is the height of poverty. So you are one of those  Agegunle/Agbado boyz who think that those who live at Ikoyi and it's environs, VI, Lekki and it's environs are Into illegal or criminal source of finance,  I pray that one day God would raise your head up. Hopefully you leave where you are now to where you ought to be bruv,  I don't hate!!!

I don not know what makes you think you are better than me. I want to let you know that 95% of those who went to CU did not actually apply to study in that school. Lecturers from the governments schools do part time teaching in CU and the likes. When I was in the masters class, a lecturer of mine who was doing a part time teaching job with one of these so called private universities told me that if he sets the same  exam for the private school and his federal university, if the student from his federal university writes the same thing with the other students from the private schools, that he is sorry for the student from the federal school

However, in academics, the individual (student) mattes a lot. CU keep trying,this does not mean you are not a good school now.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2011
On a light note though i think we shudnt waste time debating two bottom ranked schools in the world.
And again neither school guarantees you a job in the nigerian labor market anyway .
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2011
University of Ibadan vs. Convenant University

is like

Rolls Royce vs. Fiat
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2011
daphil:

No offense but from all indications Buguzee graduated from OAU with 3rd Class Honours. That's why he was not proud of where he graduated from. grin
well if i graduated with 3rd class thats because i was not hard enough to cope with sleeping in the same room with 20 other mahfukazzz who stink out the place with the smell of beans being cooked at all hours of the night. if i graduated with 3rd class thats cuz i couldnt have a shower and get to my lecture ontime because i had to queue behind 20 belligerent naija niggas like yourself before i could get my turn. if i graduated with 3rd class thats because i did not have enough money to buy the lecturers handout and hence he failed me. if i graduated 3rd class thats because i did not get to the lecture in time to make it into the auditorium because there are 1000 other students battling for 300 seats. if i graduated 3rd class thats because of the numerous strikes i had to endure hence no continuity of education. if i graduated 3rd class thats because my lecturer liked my girlfriend and was jealous and failed me because of it  grin grin federal uni ko federal jail ni

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by solaceguy(m): 4:46pm On Nov 15, 2011
K
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by TRACK: 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2011
@ op, what is covenant university to UI. Isnt covenant the place lazy student grab good degrees. Can u image that business centre giving 80 students first class. Isn't it where more than 30% of graduating students get first class while over 50% make 2:1?
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2011
Covenant University? The school students who cant admission into Federal Universities because of their extremely low grades and IQ go to?
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 15, 2011
It is not quite long I started hearing of Covenant University. As for  University of Ibadan, I read it is the best university in Nigeria regarding some long standing criteria. The researched professors, quality of students, awards earned, books published, availability of materials, healthy infrastructure, etc are basic criteria to judge good universities and I was told University of Ibadan should be by far that possessed those qualities than any university in Nigeria at the moment. On the infrastructure, that plays a secondary part ins standardizing a university but must be at a relatively healthy condition. Comparing both universities, from my own point of views, I would accept University of Ibadan is recognized and very popular within the world university circles, also trusted and I might not rightly choose the school for some reasons of cultism, undisciplined lecturers, bunch of rude students and the unhealthy environment. On the other hand haven't visited, both universities websites, I would right away choose Covenant university over University of Ibadan for well cultured environment, students looked disciplined, lecturers seemed to be enjoying themselves, the library is conducive for reading, good internet section and just to mentioned a few - these are among the things that will help a student cope very well with it studies. Not only that, in such atmosphere you can easily relate with your professors.

Education, as in universities standard, in Nigeria is falling apart and this can easily be seen in the government owned university. It is time the Nigeria's government owned universities opted for autonomy. The so called federal universities are falling apart - they need lots of restructuring and attentions.

It is surprising to many people, how a new private university is comparing it standard with reputable government university, for the simple reason it found out the university standard is falling and the schools are in disrepair. This is a testament  to why many things have been neglected and many people are not actually seeing that but very keen on concentrating on the insult on the parents of those attending the govt school(Which I think is an ignorance of the side of the original poster).

However, to conclude my half cent contribution, there is no way to compare the Covenant university with University of Ibadan on academic records - the former has a lot of ground to cover in that area.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 5:02pm On Nov 15, 2011
dayokanu:

Covenant University? The school students who cant admission into Federal Universities because of their extremely low grades and IQ go to?
hurrahhhh for Federal universities  grin
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by dayokanu(m): 5:06pm On Nov 15, 2011
buzugee:

hurrahhhh for Federal universities  grin

Hurray for Covenant
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 5:16pm On Nov 15, 2011
dayokanu:

Hurray for Covenant
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hurrah

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by dayokanu(m): 5:18pm On Nov 15, 2011
buzugee:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hurrah

So they taught you with FREE dictionary in Covenant?
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by mustspin: 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2011
Ijogz K:

Bros don't you wanna be the one controlling the reforms that occurs in the country in the nearest future? Well another poor mentality from a Lasu or Oosu Graduate. Well Covenant University graduates believe that they would be the one in control of the affairs of the nation in the nearest future,  So we are not bothered or scared of economic uncertainties the future pose,   grin
you see where you got it all wrong? it was never about the students of both institutions. your institution is never a function of your IQ. u missed the point its about the institutions not the students. the school curricullum, the facilities available, not just some glamorous wall and air conditioners, the standard and processes maintained. and thats what you use to rank the better.
you cant judge based on the students dumbskulls and empty brains still find there ways into these school through long legs grin grin grin
most private universities are dump sites for rejectees of the highly ranked schools.
the professionals have done the ratings, and convenant is no where near the likes of UI,OAU,UNILAG,UNIPORT. carry ur boasting go meet uniabuja and unimaid and co. men i hate that uniabuja.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2011
dayokanu:

So they taught you with FREE dictionary in Covenant?
amongst other things my nubian brother. amongst other things

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by dayokanu(m): 5:25pm On Nov 15, 2011
And you paid that high fees to be taught with a FREE dictionary?

You suppose petition the school and ask for your change
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by gentotega: 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2011
i wonder y Nigerians are so concerned about grades, A 3rd class student from Covenant University could be far beta than a first class student from UI. One's intellectual ability is not totally connected to university grades or the university the person attends/attended. Its time we stop attaching so much imporatance to this first class or second class things.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by mustspin: 5:37pm On Nov 15, 2011
gentotega:

i wonder y Nigerians are so concerned about grades, A 3rd class student from Covenant University could be far beta than a first class student from UI. One's intellectual ability is not totally connected to university grades or the university the person attends/attended. Its time we stop attaching so much imporatance to this first class or second class things.
a third class anywhere can not be far better than any 1st class. 2-2 maybe but not a first class. 1st class no be easy thing abeg. that a consolatory line for ur likes
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 5:37pm On Nov 15, 2011
ill rather be taught with a free dictionary than with no dictionary which seems to ubiquitously be the case with all you federal boys. heck yall cant put a sentence together without shelling. this aint iraq or afghanistan mahfukaz, we dont need you launching your arsenal of weapons on us defenseless peaceful civilians  grin if you have an affinity for shelling why dont you enlist in the army or something ?
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2011
buzugee:

ill rather be taught with a free dictionary than with no dictionary which seems to ubiquitously be the case with all you federal boys. heck yall cant put a sentence together without shelling. this aint iraq or afghanistan mahfukaz, we dont need you launching your arsenal of weapons on us defenseless peaceful civilians  grin if you have an affinity for shelling why dont you enlist in the army or something ?
Hahaha I know of one Unilag graduate who is sooooo damnnnn good at Launching Missile's without Govt permission, Na God dey help us for office grin
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Sagamite(m): 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2011
This Ijogz K is really a cretin!

I can now be sure he is some dumb shyt!
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2011
Ijogz K:

Hahaha I know of one Unilag graduate who is sooooo damnnnn good at Launching Missile's without Govt permission, Na God dey help us for office grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LMAO. i would invest in a bullet proof jacket
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by mustspin: 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2011
Ijogz K:

Hahaha I know of one Unilag graduate who is sooooo damnnnn good at Launching Missile's without Govt permission,  Na God dey help us for office  grin
i've seen a few very smart people that still cant command the language properly. not a good measurement of substance
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by scorpidmo(m): 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2011
Ijogz K u sir are a shallow minded nitwit who doesn't understand the difference between quality and a bimbo with a badly done boob job. A university isn't defined by recent performances *which u guys suck * but dat ova a long period of time. Dude u're simply a dolt. IDIOT
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2011
buzugee:

I thought Covenant was the place where those demented students who couldn't pass JAMB were camped into a boot camp where they cant even use cell phones and must wear uniforms.

In war times, these intellectually deficient people would have been sent to war fronts to detonate landmines as they are not useful for any other thing.

ordinary UME they couldnt pass. UME is one of the easiest EXAMS you can face in your life yet these Covenant ppl

They were camped like Prisoners to ensure that they face their studies, If left alone, they would surely fail like they have done all their lives

If you have a son who cant gain admission, Send him to Covenant, where they would issue him a degree for a fee.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by dayokanu(m): 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2011
buzugee:

ill rather be taught with a free dictionary than with no dictionary which seems to ubiquitously be the case with all you federal boys. heck yall cant put a sentence together without shelling. this aint iraq or afghanistan mahfukaz, we dont need you launching your arsenal of weapons on us defenseless peaceful civilians grin if you have an affinity for shelling why dont you enlist in the army or something ?

I thought Covenant was the place where those demented students who couldn't pass JAMB were camped into a boot camp where they cant even use cell phones and must wear uniforms.

In war times, these intellectually deficient people would have been sent to war fronts to detonate landmines as they are not useful for any other thing.

ordinary UME they couldnt pass. UME is one of the easiest EXAMS you can face in your life yet these Covenant ppl couldn't pass

They were camped like Prisoners to ensure that they face their studies, If left alone, they would surely fail like they have done all their lives

If you have a son who cant gain admission, Send him to Covenant, where they would issue him a degree for a fee.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 15, 2011
Frankly speaking, if I have to choose between both universities, I would choose Covenant University over University of Ibadan.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 15, 2011
mustspin:

i've seen a few very smart people that still cant command the language properly. not a good measurement of substance
Bros 1st impression matters a lot, If you go for a job interview, and you release a lil piece of what you have in your arsenal, I can assure you that they would show you the exit door. I wouldn't employ someone who can't command or construct the language properly. Maybe its the organization i work for sha. Because the guy is now permanently in the operations department, Dealing with fellow staffs only. Not allowed to deal with Clients directly. God 4bid---- I mean the Unilag guy.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by daphil: 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2011
@ Gentotega,

Ol'boy you dey cheap o! You are comparing a 3rd Class graduate of CU to a 1st Class graduate from UI! Do you know what it takes to finish with 1st Class from any of the Fed. Universities? Bruv, it is likened to a camel passing through the hole of a needle.

Abeg, if not academics prowess, what then is intellectual ability connected to?
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 5:59pm On Nov 15, 2011
dayokanu:

ordinary UME they couldnt pass. UME is one of the easiest EXAMS you can face in your life yet these Covenant ppl couldn't pass

i think you have had enough of that burukutu because you are obviously mistaken a federal vato for a convenant vato. try some peppersoup. it will clear your face small.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 6:01pm On Nov 15, 2011
all4naija:

Frankly speaking, if I have to choose between both universities, I would choose Covenant University over University of Ibadan.
you and me both grin all these other folks too like sufferhead.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by dayokanu(m): 6:03pm On Nov 15, 2011
buzugee:

i think you have had enough of that burukutu because you are obviously mistaken a federal vato for a [size=18pt]convenant[/size] vato. try some peppersoup. it will clear your face small.

GBAGAUN GBAGAUN GBAGAUN !!!!!!!

ECOMOG soldiers are around

Who taught you in Covenant? You need to ask for a refund or was that from FREE dictionary too

Bros can you pls enlist in the military? The Taliban stands no chance around you

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:04pm On Nov 15, 2011
daphil:

@ Gentotega,

Ol'boy you dey cheap o! You are comparing a 3rd Class graduate of CU to a 1st Class graduate from UI! Do you know what it takes to finish with 1st Class from any of the Fed. Universities? Bruv, it is likened to a camel passing through the hole of a needle.

Abeg, if not academics prowess, what then is intellectual ability connected to?
u've said it all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ishaq Oloyede Resumes As JAMB Registrar; See How He Was Received (photos) / Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities / Daniel Nkemelu Has 7.0 CGPA As Unibadan's Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.