Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos (15810 Views)

We’re Only Able To Transmit 8,100MW Of 13,000MW Generated Electricity - TCN / 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG / ₦58 Billion Disbursed To Poor Nigerians In 2 Months – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by dre11(m): 2:41pm On Mar 24
Prepare to Receive, Distribute 6,100MW of Electricity in Next Six Months, FG Tells Distribution Companies

*Mulls N300bn funding to close 7m metering gap

*Says bill to replicate local content in power sector underway

The federal government has charged all the 11 electricity distribution companies (Discos) in the country to be ready to receive and distribute not less than 6,100 megawatts (MW) of electricity in the next six months. Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu, who stated this, also announced the government’s plan to secure funding ranging from N250 billion to N300 billion to close the over seven million metering gap in the country on an annual basis over the next four to five years.

He explained that the government intended to raise that fund through a N75-billion seed capital to be provided by President Bola Tinubu’s administration, along with additional debt capital injections from the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA).Adelabu revealed these at the weekend when he visited Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKEDC) in Lagos and the Momas Electricity Meters Manufacturing Company Limited (MEMMCOL) in Ogun State.

He revealed that a bill for legislation to replicate local content law in the power sector was underway.Speaking at the Eko Disco office, Adelabu said the charge to the Discos to be prepared to uptake 6,100MW became necessary after the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) successfully conducted system stress tests, where it demonstrated its ability to transmit over 8,100MW, alongside the proposed plans for a partial Sovereign Risk Guarantee (SRG) to enhance generation companies’ (Gencos) capacity.

With Eko and Ikeja Discos having exceeded a specified threshold through improved collection efficiency and service quality, Adelabu said he had unveiled a strategic plan to utilise the two Discos as model Discos to pilot test the anticipated effective supply to be implemented sector-wide in the next few months.He said the two Discos would serve as a standard for emulation by others.

However, at the MEMMCOL meter plant in Ogun, Adelabu also stated that in line with President Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda, the government was targeting to provide about 2.5 million prepaid meters every year to close the nation’s metering gap.This, he said, would help the government in the promotion of import substitution policy of locally-made products in the power sector and encourage backward integration in the areas of technical training.

He equally expressed the current administration’s commitment to support local original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) by working on a bill that would promote local content for the power sector.“We have a Presidential Metering Initiative that has the target of installing a minimum of two million to 2.5 million meters every year for the next five years, for us to close the huge metering gap that we currently have in the power sector.

“Even if we cannot close it 100 per cent as there will be new connections, we have to reduce it significantly and the government cannot do it alone. We have to do it jointly with all parties because we all contributed to the decay in the sector and we must also contribute to reversing the decay”, the minister stated.He maintained that the initiatives would encourage investors to risk their equity and debt capital to establish local industries.

“In the power sector, it is our choice to have significant local content in our projects and our contracts. We are trying to work on a bill now that will legislate local content for the power sector just like we have in our oil and gas. That is the only way we can sustain local producers. So, that is the reason I am here.”In his earlier briefings to the minister, the Chairman of MEMMCOL, Mr. Kola Balogun, thanked Adelabu for the courage and commitment he had shown so far to reverse the ugly trends in the power sectorBalogun, however, noted that the demand for prepaid meters in Nigeria surpasses the volume of other countries in Africa, noting that local patronage was still needed for them to meet the investment threshold.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/03/24/prepare-to-receive-distribute-6100mw-of-electricity-in-next-six-months-fg-tells-distribution-companies

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by atiku4President(m): 2:42pm On Mar 24
Prepare to give excuses if it doesn't come to pass. Government of 'one week, one story.

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by benuejosh: 2:46pm On Mar 24
JED - Jos Electricity Distribution needs to improve on their company. We experience the worst of their service/light supply in Makurdi.

14 Likes

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by CountinBlessins(m): 2:49pm On Mar 24
If this happens that means power supply bout to go super crazy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by Watianoengineer(m): 2:50pm On Mar 24
Something Peter Obi can't even achieve if he is the president. His bad performance in Anambra state is there for all to see. Thank God for the vision of Tinubu. We nigerians are behind president Tinubu.

42 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by surgical: 2:53pm On Mar 24
Jonathan was already doing 7000 before he left

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by hisgrace090: 2:53pm On Mar 24
Every govt can work if the people in power choose to.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by freemanq(m): 2:53pm On Mar 24
Another renew hope promises we are watching

8 Likes

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by DevilsEqual(m): 2:54pm On Mar 24
cheesy

I've never made a fatal mistake all my life, that I voted PBAT means I'll never get it wrong again

Nigeria looks promising
I'm salivating already on how great 2026 onward will be for all Nigerians in Nigeria 🔥🔥🔥🔥

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by hisgrace090: 2:56pm On Mar 24
Watianoengineer:
Something Peter Obi can't even achieve if he is the president. His bad performance in Anambra state is there for all to see. Thank God for the vision of Tinubu. We nigerians are behind president Tinubu.

I can see you're too afraid of this most loved Peter Obi.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by ibrahimsalam: 2:57pm On Mar 24
Watianoengineer:
some of you are slow in the brain .someone sais something he hasn't delivered and you are already mentioning peter obi .
The agbado should take dollar to where he met it first and maje prices of commodities go back to where they are and even if the light comes after who knows when na which money will nigerians use to afford it?

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by DevilsEqual(m): 2:57pm On Mar 24
hisgrace090:

I can see you're too afraid of this most loved Peter Obi.

He's only telling u the diff between a visionary leader and a fake statistician 😂🤣

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by MasterJayJay: 2:58pm On Mar 24
Watianoengineer:

Delusion grandeur!!

Tinubulation on the beat, the worst inflation ever in the history of Nigeria.

They told us that portharcourt refinery will start working on December last year. Trust this babablu government at your own peril.

26 Likes

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by magoo10(m): 2:58pm On Mar 24
Promise and fail people.
How many promises have been made and how many has been kept.

16 Likes

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by DevilsEqual(m): 2:59pm On Mar 24
ibrahimsalam:
some of you are slow in the brain .someone sais something he hasn't delivered and you are already mentioning peter obi .
The agbado should take dollar to where he met it first and maje prices of commodities go back to where they are and even if the light comes after who knows when na which money will nigerians use to afford it?

A great person sees possibilities with a feasible plan in place, a negativist like u only sees impossibilities with your myopic mind

I think I know where u come from 😂😉😂😉

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by ibrahimsalam: 3:01pm On Mar 24
DevilsEqual:

A great person sees possibilities with a feasible plan in place, a negativist like u only sees impossibilities with your myopic mind

I think I know where u come from 😂😉😂😉
goan sleep ,always seeing impossibilities.
How much is naira today?
How much is common food?
Always seeing possibilities indeed ,una no get shame

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by MasterJayJay: 3:01pm On Mar 24
DevilsEqual:
cheesy

I've never made a fatal mistake all my life, that I voted PBAT means I'll never get it wrong again

Nigeria looks promising
I'm salivating already on how great 2026 onward will be for all Nigerians in Nigeria
Dem sabi use una head play tennis.

Naso dey promise una that portharcourt refinery will start working last year 2023.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by slimfit1(m): 3:31pm On Mar 24
I'm sure they are getting there vandals ready too.

1 Like

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by maxiuc(m): 6:03pm On Mar 24
Tufiakwa

Everyday today tomorrow today tomorrow in 6months time before 3rd quarter of the Year in 2025 and 2026 precisely

Foolish politicians feeding fat on fake unity of Nigeria.

Money is too much in Nigerian politics that's why every business man in Nigeria is eyeing politics
Jimoh Ibrahim
Ifeanyi uba
Ned nwoke
Dem plenty

Useless foolish politicians

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by Djele: 6:03pm On Mar 24
Shame, south Africa is generating 50,000 megawatt.

13 Likes

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by reiddecuti: 6:04pm On Mar 24
Ha! Ha!! Ha!!!

I laugh in Swahili. Why do we make things a rocket 🚀 science in Nigeria?

7 Likes

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by BondRiv: 6:04pm On Mar 24
Fix power supply or keep running in circles.

7 Likes

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by triple996(m): 6:05pm On Mar 24
enemies of their country will soon start to wail now cheesy. Good news makes them sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by sylve11: 6:05pm On Mar 24
Disco ni, Okpan Aribo ko.

undecided cool

1 Like

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by Dubetex96(m): 6:05pm On Mar 24
We nigerians are behind president Tinubu. [/quote]

Speak only for yourself.

We Nigerians didn't vote for the vegetable over there.

9 Likes

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:07pm On Mar 24
DevilsEqual:
cheesy

Nigeria looks promising
I'm salivating already on how great 2026 onward will be for all Nigerians in Nigeria 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Shame, south Africa is generating 50,000 megawatt.

9 Likes

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by Glimpsetv: 6:07pm On Mar 24
cheesy

Tinubu definitely on his way to fulfilling his campaign promise of given Nigerians constant electricity in his first term of being the president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dOi-Tye3Dw

2 Likes

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by oluwaseyi0: 6:07pm On Mar 24
Another banger

4 Likes

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by Kingsnairaland(m): 6:08pm On Mar 24
Hh

When buhari was in power I had light three days in a row none stop

Buhari improved electricity and I used to have steady energy

This made me to feel tinubu will just continue the method but the case is very different

Tinubu should employ back those who worked with buhari and let them implement the same methods of success they achieved

6 Likes

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by ShoeGetSize: 6:08pm On Mar 24
Bwahahahaha! That was how exactly one month ago, Dapo Abiodun promised that the dollar was going to "crash" against the Naira in a month's time. Instead of the dollar crashing, they are celebrating meaningless abd marginal accomplishments like the Naira gaining 100 Naira against the dollar as if it means something 😂😂

1 Like

Re: Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos by Sircarma99: 6:09pm On Mar 24
Good news , may God give President Tinubu the wisdom to deliver Nigeria from this present predicament.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital / Youths React As Touts Accompanying Taraba Governor's Convoy Shoot A Boy / There’s Nothing Wrong Having Specimen Ballot Papers In Your Possession – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.