Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG (21317 Views)

Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos / Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact / ₦58 Billion Disbursed To Poor Nigerians In 2 Months – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Islie: 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2023
The Federal Government has concluded plans to roll out 9000 autogas filling stations from the existing 10,000 retail outlets across the country under the National…

The Federal Government has concluded plans to roll out 9000 autogas filling stations from the existing 10,000 retail outlets across the country under the National Gas Expansion Programme (NGEP) within the next six months.

Chairman of the NGEP, Dr. Mohammed Ibrahim, who disclosed this at the weekend said the NGEP has gone very far in reflating the economy by leveraging on the nation’s gas resources despite the frustration of its activities by the subsidy cabals and some stakeholders who said the gas expansion programme would never work.

He spoke just as the N250bn NGEP fund remained dormant in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) for the past four years over stringent conditions attached to it.

Ibrahim spoke in Lagos during the Annual Training Workshop of the Nigeria Auto Journalists Association (NAJA) with the theme, “Fuel Subsidy Removal: Autogas/Electric Vehicles as Alternatives”.

The NGEP was conceived to serve as a catalyst for adding value to the vast natural gas reserves Nigeria is endowed with.

The Chairman who was the guest speaker at the workshop insisted that gas was cheaper and more environmentally friendly for vehicles following the removal of fuel subsidy by the federal government.

He stated that the promise of the Tinubu-led administration to create 100 million jobs was achievable with the gas expansion programme, saying the multi-fuel scheme which enables vehicle owners to fill their tank with liquefied natural gas (LNG) or compressed natural gas (CNG) as well as the conventional premium motor spirit would take off in the next 6 months despite resistance from some stakeholders.

According to him, over 5m conversion kits were needed to convert 30m internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles to CNG or LNG which would create 12.5m jobs. He noted that autogas has potentials “to really reflate the economy if it is properly done.”

He said, “Under our NGEP programme, we have what we call the multi-fuel scheme whereby we do not intend to shut down the current petrol stations that we have in the country, about 10,000 of them and like I said earlier we have carried out an audit whereby 9000 of 10,000 qualify to retrofit to become multi-fuel.

“So what is going to happen and we have a couple already in the system, is that, you drive into a filling station, you are going to have dispensing facilities for your petrol, diesel, and kerosene but in addition you are going to have the dispensing facilities with the cryogenic tower that enables you to have access to LNG and also a dispensing pump for CNG and also a charging point for your electric vehicles.

“So it becomes a multi-fuel retail outlet that enables you to have access to LNG for your long hauls, CNG for your 300km maximum and conventional petrol, diesel and kerosene.

“But you don’t even need a separate CNG facility because all you just need is if you have your cryogenic tower, you can generate CNG from your LNG in your station by an addition of a pump.”

On the N250bn NGEP fund domiciled in CBN, he noted that no individual or company had accessed it because of the stringent conditions attached to it.

He said the former CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele did not listen to his team that the conditions should be made less stringent to make it accessible to companies involved in the autogas value chain.

https://dailytrust.com/9000-autogas-filling-stations-take-off-in-6-months-fg/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2023
Just look at mumu govt ..CNG is more expensive in the long run

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Mossadd: 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2023
Another fat lie tinubu, ti gbepe awon aye

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by okeysoninv: 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:
Explain

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Jackson619007: 12:56pm On Aug 28, 2023
Nigeria our country😆
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2023
okeysoninv:
Explain

If you take look at the following

High set up cost

Heavy wear and tear on your engine

3 times more oil change

Loss of engine power

Risk if explosion during accident

If you take all these into consideration CNG is far far far more expensive than Petro

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by anonymous1759(m): 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

High set up cost

3 times more oil change

Loss of engine power

If you take all these into consideration CNG is far far far more expensive than Petro

You’re just fabricating ideas to justify your criticism.
The entire world is leaving petro in few years so oil might be useless if Nigeria do not make alternatives for the future you’ll still be the one to complain that the government lacks foresight allow government do their thing it’s not by force to use CNG you can stick with your petro in peace without criticizing other things.

130 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
anonymous1759:

You’re just fabricating ideas to justify your criticism.

Take your Low IQ away from here ..I dare you to counter any point I have mentioned it keep quiet ...You think I am your brain grade ?

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Reality3080: 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Take your Low IQ away from here ..I dare you to counter any point I have mentioned it keep quiet ...You think I am your brain grade ?
must u wail always?
Are u born to wail?
Can’t u just keep quiet to hide your stupidity?

133 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by gaby(m): 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
Lol

Rigmarole and backsliding like Michael Jackson..

Dangote and him fellow roguish investors for the refinery project go just dey look all of una with a bombastic side eye.

Shey make dem begin drink the refined oil abi and if every country in the world decide to tow this line shebi every one of us go dey drink one glass of our crude oyel like milkshake for breakfast, another for lunch, and for dinner with a mix of agabdo, ewa, or cassava.

For those arguing about cleaner and more efficient energy usage above, I just dey laugh una.

Na who don chop belleful dey reason how clean energy wey him need to survive be.

The ones preaching and trying to pretend to live it now are leaving the world in the worse shape than they met it with their industrialization drive almost sorted. We wey never even begin wan emulate them.

In fact, the rate of explosions and avoidable deaths wey go follow this thing na him I dey fear.

Nigerians wey like cutting corners and always doing things without refulation/supervision.

Senseless criminals.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by anonymous1759(m): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

You’ve no iQ CNG is. Cleaner , greener and Eco friendly world biggest economies are already diversifying to safe the planet you’re here talking about high cost of implementing the project . on the long run petro will cause more disaster to the planet 🌎. CNG is cheaper to petro and is safer to eco system .

52 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2023
anonymous1759:

You’ve no iQ CNG is. Cleaner , greener and Eco friendly world biggest economies are already diversifying to safe the planet you’re here talking about high cost of implementing the project . on the long run petro will cause more disaster to the planet 🌎. CNG is cheaper to petro and is safer to eco system .

I listed my reason ..Choose one and counter it please E.g Tell me why you think CNG can't wear down engines faster ?

Do something smart not this typical Nigerians hogwash..I dare you to counter one point

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by okeysoninv: 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

High set up cost

3 times more oil change

Loss of engine power

l don't think is true . It is not costly to set up . The kits not up to 150k. Except nigeria factor kicks in.
2, wear and tear is lie, as gas burn clean energy it won't have effect on ur engine ,infacts it prolongs your engine.
3 time change of oil is unconfirmed too
Loss of power lie.risk of explosion lies .
Do you think autogas is new innovation, do you know number of vehicles using autogas in India alone ?

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2023
Reality3080:
must u wail always?
Are u born to wail?
Can’t u just keep quiet to hide your stupidity?

Another 67 IQ clown . I dare you to counter one point I made .. I am talking about science and economics of CNG in comparison to Petro and you are taking about wailing... you think everything is politics? Say something smart and put me to shame

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Reality3080: 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Another 67 IQ clown . I dare you to counter one point I made .. I am talking about science and economics of CNG in comparison to Petro and you are taking about wailing... you think everything is politics? Say something smart and put me to shame
y argue with an Igbo who has his mind programmed to hate

Give your eye to an Igbo man, once his mind is programmed to hate he will still talk down on u

Same way buhari ignored u is d same way tinubu will ignore u, if u like kill your self

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by anonymous1759(m): 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

I listed my reason ..Choose one and counter it please E.g Tell me why you think CNG can't wear down engines faster ?

Do something smart not this typical Nigerians hogwash..I dare you to counter one point

I don’t know you’re this daft I’ve given you my reasons why CNG is better you’re still saying thrash . CNG burns slower than petro and it’s cleaner to the eco system . The only risk is explosion if accident occurs . But everything has risk , it’s not by force to use CNG ok stop wailing like a frustrated soul .

Some people don’t still take flight ✈️, 🛳 or use cooking gas at home because of the dangers but other people still do it’s a thing of choice nobody is forcing ok stop being bitter .
On the long run Gas is still better , because you can Manage it but Petro will pollute the earth which can lead to natural disasters .
I’ll not waste time to educate you I’ve done my research on CNG the demerits are high cost of conversion which might go down when competition sets in and the explosion aspect of serous accident occurs but it’s purely optional .
The advantage is that it’s cheaper #5000 can fill up a 50 liter tank .

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2023
anonymous1759:

I don’t know you’re this daft I’ve given you my reasons why CNG is better you’re still saying thrash . CNG burns slower than petro and it’s cleaner to the eco system . The only risk is explosion if accident occurs . But everything has risk , it’s not by force to use CNG ok stop wailing like a frustrated soul .

Some people don’t still take flight ✈️, 🛳 or use cooking gas at home because of the dangers but other people still do it’s a thing of choice nobody is forcing ok stop being bitter .
On the long run Gas is still better , because you can Manage it but Petro will pollute the earth which can lead to natural disasters .
I’ll not waste time to educate you I’ve done my research on CNG the demerits are high cost of conversion which might go down when competition sets in and the explosion aspect of serous accident occurs but it’s purely optional .
The advantage is that it’s cheaper #5000 can fill up a 50 liter tank .

I didn't even bother to read your daft reply...oga say something smart
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by LegendHero(m): 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Well it’s obvious you are the one that is not smart.

The guy you quoted gave his reason multiple times as to why he believes everything you said is crap.

Rather than you counter him with evidence, you’re running away like a coward hiding under some empty intelligence.

By the way, Tinubu is the president and he can govern this country anyhow he wants. If he likes, he will reawake coal in Enugu and tell us it’s now our source of fuel. Nothing wey una go do about an.

After he is done in 8 years, your Awkusu fraud can go back and say water is the new fuel, na una problem be that.

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by anonymous1759(m): 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

If at this Age you don’t take climate change seriously you need to be born again you’re really Empty with a loud mouth and a empty skull.
Climate change can end human race if not taken seriously from droughts, wildfires, Tsunamis you’re a certified loafer.

23 Likes

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2023
anonymous1759:

If at this Age you don’t take climate change seriously you need to be born again you’re really Empty with a loud mouth and a empty skull.
Climate change can end human race if not taken seriously from droughts, wildfires, Tsunamis you’re a certified loafer.

The fact that you beleive there is something called climate change says all

Well take it from me Climate Change is nothing but a HOAX..Trust me there is nothing like that 😅😅😅😅😅

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Racoon(m): 1:59pm On Aug 28, 2023
Another scam loading. Infact wait to hear the billions that will be embezzled to pull this off. If they can ocastrate the subsidy, air Nigeria, one-year one-refinery scams and even deny their own fake promises over 8 years running, and are still lying shamelessly to their citizens. What else can these nauseating criminals in government do?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by tsdarkside(m): 5:18pm On Aug 28, 2023
He said the former CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele did not listen to his team that the conditions should be made less stringent to make it accessible to companies involved in the autogas value chain

interestin....

6 Likes

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by DevilsEqual(m): 5:25pm On Aug 28, 2023
cheesy cheesy

BAT sounds like he knows exactly how to tackle our problems in this country

9k auto gas filling station plenty die

I'm glad we rejected that dullard

15 Likes

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Jlow2: 5:26pm On Aug 28, 2023
Audio take off, watch them sift it to 2030

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by DevilsEqual(m): 5:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

The fact that you beleive there is something called climate change says all

Well take it from me Climate Change is nothing but a HOAX..Trust me there is nothing like that 😅😅😅😅😅

That u even said "Nothing like climate change" in a public forum shows how ignorant u are

Your science and geography teacher should be skinned alive cheesy cheesy

17 Likes

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by DevilsEqual(m): 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2023
okeysoninv:
l don't think is true . It is not costly to set up . The kits not up to 150k. Except nigeria factor kick in.
2, wear and tear is lie, as gas burn clean energy it won't have effect on ur engine ,infacts it prolongs your engine.
Do you think autogas is new innovation, do you know number of vehicles using autogas in India alone ?

Didnt that guy sound dumb to u

He prolly thinks science is same thing as basic logic

Its draining arguing with such person

13 Likes

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by rationalhuman(m): 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2023
Dont know much about present times , i think those people are on electric these days. But like 18-20 years ago there were thousands of cars and hundreds of stations and there were no problem. i had driven many cars on CNG, smooth ride around Delhi Gurugram.

CNG is good fuel, i can say for sure.

okeysoninv:
l don't think is true . It is not costly to set up . The kits not up to 150k. Except nigeria factor kick in.

5 Likes

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by rationalhuman(m): 6:00pm On Aug 28, 2023
How many CNG fueled cars you have driven or owned in the past?
I had one in 2004 while i was studying abroad, and had no problem at all and way cheaper in overall. Its sad this continent always gets things and technology 20-30 years after west, India, China etc

SalamRushdie:

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 28, 2023
Okay
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Antoeni(m): 6:20pm On Aug 28, 2023
Politicians Have Quoted All Bible Verses Except The One Where ZACCHAEUS Returned to the Poor All That He Had Stolen From Yhem.

3 Likes

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Antoeni(m): 6:21pm On Aug 28, 2023
It is Amusing That People Expect a Man Who Lies About Everything including His Identity to Be True to Them.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Visits The Olubadan Of Ibadan In His Palace. Pic / I Will Serve Buhari As A Cleaner Or Messenger – Former Senator, Udoedehe (pic) / 2019: Presidency Names Ali Modu Sheriff Leader Of Buhari Support Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.