Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 (15491 Views)

"I Will Win In Court" - Peter Obi Says When Asked If He Will Contest In 2027 / Atiku Promises To Support Wike For President In 2027 / Jonathan May Not Run On APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by blacknp(m): 12:37pm On Mar 29
Ofunaofu:

You're irredeemable
Like your Papa.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Kusu12: 12:40pm On Mar 29
The same obingo that performed woefully in Anambra State for 8years. Stop hyping your Pandora and fake messaih
Obingo is a failure, fraudster and pretender. Let the elections be conducted many times obingo will always be a loser

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by blacknp(m): 12:41pm On Mar 29
richie240:
What they want exists in nigeria, in fact it's right in front of them but unfortunately they don't have the capacity to receive it.

It's nobody's fault nwokem.

The north, south west and southsouth (logical/non-toxic portion) of southsouth all have buckets to fetch the 'water', it's only southeast that approaches the tap with basket, yet complaining that others are preventing him from fetching the water!
cool
You dey mind those joking clowns, Nigeria will vote out a sitting President from southern west Nigeria to replace him with an Igbo man from Southern East?

Only a tribalistic myopic minded person, will imagine such a scenario.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Kukutente23: 12:41pm On Mar 29
ObiCertificate:

I have meticulously combed through every word and every sentence in that link.

There’s NOTHING there to show or prove Tinubu said Buhari was unelectable. He merely stated HIS preference for Obj at that time. Ndi Osu. Gbajue gang.

Provide evidence or shut it.
Sincerely speaking, it is not anyone's fault that you do not understand English

You can shift. Zombie gang
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Kusu12: 12:44pm On Mar 29
AlaafinOfOyo:
It may be a tall order, however, having a capable hand like him rescuing the country is worth a shot. Even if APC rigs the election again, no one would say the man didn't do his best. Then we can conclude that Nigerians have been cursed to suffer bad leadership for another generation.

Like your messiah obingo was cursed when he ruined Anambra State for 8years. Obirodents are set of frustrated and delusional set of humans.

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by blacknp(m): 12:44pm On Mar 29
Kukutente23:

You dey mind those joking clowns, Nigeria will vote out a sitting President from southern west Nigeria to replace him with an Igbo man from Southern East?

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by blacknp(m): 12:46pm On Mar 29
Kusu12:

Like your messiah obingo was cursed when he ruined Anambra State for 8years. Obirodents are set of frustrated and delusional set of humans.
AlaafinofOyo

https://dailypost.ng/2017/11/16/bianca-lays-curse-peter-obi-betraying-ojukwu/
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by richie240: 12:46pm On Mar 29
The main reason why gej was 'ousted' was bcus he aligned with the 'opposition'. Even though they were in d same political party, they were the wrong gang to have as ur 'inner caucus'.

He allowed those who have chronic hatred for nigeria and nigerians other than themselves to lead him astray.

Lesson learnt: choose ur friends and battles carefully.
Tinubu won't make that mistake.
cool
ValarDoharis:
Was GEJ not ousted?

Where is Abacha?

Why did Babangida step outside?

You're the toddler here

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ObiCertificate: 12:46pm On Mar 29
Kukutente23:

Provide evidence of El-Rufai or Tinubu claiming Buhari was unelectable like you claimed or shut it.

It is not in the empty link you posted.

Typical Obidense Gbajue dead on arrival.

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Kukutente23: 12:46pm On Mar 29
blacknp:

Scammer stop quoting me

Have you eaten this aftrernoon>
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Kukutente23: 12:47pm On Mar 29
ObiCertificate:

Provide evidence of El-Rufai or Tinubu claiming Buhari was unelectable like you claimed or shut it.

It is not in the empty link you posted.

Typical Obidense Gbajue dead on arrival.

Yawns
English eeh
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by blacknp(m): 12:47pm On Mar 29
Kukutente23:

Scammer stop quoting me

Have you eaten this aftrernoon>
From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

If no be hunger they worry you, you for tell me whether that na the correct spelling for afternoon? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Kusu12: 12:54pm On Mar 29
ValarDoharis:
Buhari contested three times without succeeding and people like El Rufai said he was perpetually unlectable so you're not God.

You don't know tomorrow but for you to prefer a criminal drug baron, certificate forger and narcotics trafficker over Obi, a man of integrity, it means you're equally a bad person

Are you talking about the trade your brothers and sisters are known for worldwide? 85% of your brothers and sisters are languishing in prisons all over the world for drug trafficking and criminal activities
Obingo is a failure, fraudster and pretender, he sold your destiny and ruined Anambra State for 8years that's why your people are escaping to everywhere like refugees through midnight buses.

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by TheOldGods: 12:55pm On Mar 29
gratefulheart:
Bitter Peter Obi can NEVER be president.

yet your father couldn't achieve what he has achieved, and you're already not going to achieve it too.
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by charlizonto: 12:56pm On Mar 29
Pls tell us why should your father run in 2027?
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by TheOldGods: 12:56pm On Mar 29
Paraman:
you advise him or not, peter obi will never rule Nigeria
as if your father has ever ruled his village meetings talk more local govt chairman. Yet you're already getting old but you haven't even become and ordinary university sug
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Paraman: 12:58pm On Mar 29
TheOldGods:
as if your father has ever ruled his village meetings talk more local govt chairman. Yet you're already getting old but you haven't even become and ordinary university sug
I'm glad you're in pains

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by richie240: 1:11pm On Mar 29
"80% of Yorubas can work with obi'' shey??
How many % of Igbos worked/are willing to work with tinubu or any yoruba person for that matter?

Oh, na only una sabi 'brother-ism' okwea?
See as e dey drop 'statistics' like groundnut.
Dey play!
cool
BigDawsNet:

I think 80% of the yorubas can work with Obi
But
I doubt 15% of the northerners can work with Obi...

So you right... he should look else wher... but I know Obi won't blackout easily... so let him keep fighting for the good of these country... maybe oneday! God will make it possible for him.

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by bejick(m): 1:17pm On Mar 29
EmperorCaesar:
In the past, this guy has created countless threads about Biafra and Ipobb, but going by this new thread, I am forced to believe an average man from the SE is even more confused than i thought

They really dont know what they want

That aside, Obi wouldnt heed your advice as its his birthright to lose as many times as the opportunity presents itself, so he must run and lose again

Obi will be 65+ years by then, yet the delusional youths clamouring for a Young President would prefer to vote him in

Again, this is the dullest group around cheesy cheesy cheesy

How old will Emilokun be by then 104years grin grin grin
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by YesDaddyTill203: 1:18pm On Mar 29
Rubbish trash of 2 cents.

First, the election was not rigged, he lost and lost squarely. He went to court and even Obi never said that he won nor showed any evidence in court that he won. He was only trying to get Tinubu disqualified under some lame excuses. Some of you should stop lying to yourself.

Secondly, you and yours are doing exactly to other leaders that are not from Igbo land including Tinubu what you claim will be done to Obi. It seems like Igbos are good at crying about tribalism and religious cacophony but they don't expect others to do the same to them. You guys are expert at crying and wailing about other people's tribal and religious inclinations but you don't expect others to do the same to Igbos. Pls stop clowning.

In conclusion, I pray and hope that Obi will run again. The YES DADDY, THANK YOU DADDY religious fanatical IPOB terrorist cannibal monkey will lose and lose worse than than he did last year.

Tinubu will be a much better candidate by 2027 and Obi has been exposed as nothing but an empty tribal and religious fanatical lying fool.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Toluwanise247(m): 1:20pm On Mar 29
ValarDoharis:
There comes a time in the life of a country when one man comes and change the country's history forever. Obi is that person!

2027 election will not be rigged successfully because the youths will not longer go to court. If Tinubu attempts to rig the election and announce himself as the winner, he will get the Sri Lanka treatment for sure!

Enough is enough.

On a side note, your advice to Obi because of what Tinubu would do is cowardice!

Am 100% sure you are the dullest person on earth
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Gobdddd(m): 1:22pm On Mar 29
Should Obi run in 2027?
No.

Your first opinion is very valid.
However, I do not agree with you on the 2nd and 3rd points.
The sabotage against the goats by the north, specifically, have existed because those in power have never done the right things.

These guys they use to brood insecurity are so naive that they can't produce their own technology.
Obi knows how to make it incondusive for them.

As for those playing anti-Igbo, by the time they have compared their lives now that Obi is in power with when they had their brothers, they'd be forced to tell themselves the truth.
Even if Obi had won, he'd still face those challenges.
And that's where regional govts come to play.

With regionalised govt, and running a bi-cameral legislator system, alot would have changed.
Also, those youths they'd use to ferment trouble, if they're gainfully employed and others going to school, alot will change.

gidgiddy:
Three Reasons Why I Will Advise Peter Obi Not To Run In 2027

I have known Peter Obi a long time, his village is just a stone's throw from mine. As a successful international businessman and billionaire, he returned from the UK in 2002 to aspire to be Governor of Anambra, which he did after a lengthy legal battle. Its not everything Obi did as Governor of Anambra that I'm happy with, but most Anambrarians will tell you he left the State much better than he met it. As 2027 approaches, no doubt Peter Obi will be under pressure to run again for President. If I were him, I won't run, for three reasons

1. 2027 has already been rigged. Let Obi learn from not just the last Presidential elections he ran in, but from subsequent elections in Imo, Kogi and Bayelsa, where elections were rigged with impunity. The by-elections were even worse. The 2027 elections will be brazenly rigged, and Peter Obi will be told to "go to court". Obi should also remember that he will be running against an incumbent who believes in "grabbing power and running with it", and has state resources at his disposal. So Peter Obi should spare himself the trouble over elections that the results have already been written

2. Even if Peter Obi manages to navigate the treacherous waters of Nigerian politics and wins, his troubles will just be starting. Obi does not know the Nigeria he wants to be President of, he does not know that 'one Nigeria' does not exist, and that some people will always see him as nothing more than an Igbo man and Christian. Those people are going to going to use propaganda, deciet, lies, insecurity etc to sabotage his regime from day one. No matter how well intentioned Obi might be, every move he makes will be turned into an ethnic, religious or ideological issue. Those who cannot bear an Igbo man being President will come after his regime like a hurricane. The result is that Obi will spend 4 years there fighting, if he is not thrown out before then, and achieve nothing.

3. Obi once said that Nigeria is like a car with a knocked engine, he was right. No matter how good a driver may be, he won't get far in a car with a knocked engine. Has Obi ever heard of a 'good Nigerian President'? No such thing has ever existed, or will ever exist. The driver is only as good as the engine of the car. No Nigerian President can do well. We are too divided along ethnic, religious and ideological lines to build a progressive nation. Everyone only talks about who will be the driver, few care about the engine, yet expect the car to take them to heaven. Who is fooling who? Some people like me advocate that we forget the driver, the engine and the car, disembark, and go our seperate ways. Some say no

My advice to Obi is to forget this cursed office of President and focus on his philanthropy. Obi will touch more lives and help more people this way. Until a time when people start taking the engine far more seriously than they take who will be the driver, the office of President will destroy whoever goes in there, and Obi should stay away from it.

My 2 cents
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by richie240: 1:28pm On Mar 29
adioolayi:
All I can deduce from OP is pure ranting!!!

A certain Buhari defeated incumbent President Jonathan...
The reason gej lost was bcus he mixed with the 'wrong crowd'; he allowed himself to be boxed into a corner and be misguided. He made unnecessary enemies in d process.

His case can be likened to d average woman; the moment she gets married, she stops doing those things that attracted the man in the first place, thinking that so long as I've gotten the ring, nothing can happen.

Saying 2027 is already won is a sign of defeat and cluelessness!!!

Nigeria's politics is complex and at the same time straightforward..

PDP and LP have a combined 13Million plus votes..
E be like say una never know the uphill task standing in front of una.
Tinubu is arguably the only man that prepared for this seat. Remember his presidential poster started surfacing as far back as 2020 just some few months after buhari's reelection. That's a minimum of 4 years to prepare for 2023. How much more as incumbent.
I won't say more than that.

If all heavyweight politicians in opposition can drop their egos and come together by forming a simple peaceful merger between PDP, NNPP and LP, this will do the magic ....provided that President Tinubu is unable to rescue Nigeria's economy..

It will be a straightforward win for the united opposition ...and they should sign an agreement for a southerner to complete the remaining 4years for the South...meaning, if it's Peter Obi that will run...he will use a single term. This arrangement will defeat APC.
Hehehehehe....my ppl say if the bird sabi fly without perching, the hunter too go sabi shoot without aiming.

Whilst the opposition is still at a loss at what to do, be rest assured that jagaban's re-election team is ALREADY activated and in full swing.

Whoever wants to waste his money is free to do so!
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by AskNgige2: 1:46pm On Mar 29
djon78:

I totally disagree

Tinubu have entrenched himself

Removing him via election will be difficult

On another note

Nigeria is not for softies

Peter Obi is too soft for the kind politics we play in Nigeria
It doesn't favor him

There will be so much arrays of battles against him

So I think he should forget about ruling Nigeria

Let those that messed up the country redeem it

Pple like wike and akpabio abi?
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by djon78(m): 1:52pm On Mar 29
AskNgige2:

Pple like wike and akpabio abi?

Jonathan was doing well

But he was a softie

Peter Obi is likewise soft

Wike have that kind of hard man personality but his level of visionary is not up there.

Obasanjo was that type of Man
Very mean but visionary

In as much as I might disagree with Nasir el rufai
But he's got that kind of personality

And Nasir is sound and very intelligent
That's the kind of Man I am talking of
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by BluntCrazeMan: 1:52pm On Mar 29
gidgiddy:
Three Reasons Why I Will Advise Peter Obi Not To Run In 2027

I have known Peter Obi a long time, his village is just a stone's throw from mine. As a successful international businessman and billionaire, he returned from the UK in 2002 to aspire to be Governor of Anambra, which he did after a lengthy legal battle. Its not everything Obi did as Governor of Anambra that I'm happy with, but most Anambrarians will tell you he left the State much better than he met it. As 2027 approaches, no doubt Peter Obi will be under pressure to run again for President. If I were him, I won't run, for three reasons

1. 2027 has already been rigged. Let Obi learn from not just the last Presidential elections he ran in, but from subsequent elections in Imo, Kogi and Bayelsa, where elections were rigged with impunity. The by-elections were even worse. The 2027 elections will be brazenly rigged, and Peter Obi will be told to "go to court". Obi should also remember that he will be running against an incumbent who believes in "grabbing power and running with it", and has state resources at his disposal. So Peter Obi should spare himself the trouble over elections that the results have already been written

2. Even if Peter Obi manages to navigate the treacherous waters of Nigerian politics and wins, his troubles will just be starting. Obi does not know the Nigeria he wants to be President of, he does not know that 'one Nigeria' does not exist, and that some people will always see him as nothing more than an Igbo man and Christian. Those people are going to going to use propaganda, deciet, lies, insecurity etc to sabotage his regime from day one. No matter how well intentioned Obi might be, every move he makes will be turned into an ethnic, religious or ideological issue. Those who cannot bear an Igbo man being President will come after his regime like a hurricane. The result is that Obi will spend 4 years there fighting, if he is not thrown out before then, and achieve nothing.

3. Obi once said that Nigeria is like a car with a knocked engine, he was right. No matter how good a driver may be, he won't get far in a car with a knocked engine. Has Obi ever heard of a 'good Nigerian President'? No such thing has ever existed, or will ever exist. The driver is only as good as the engine of the car. No Nigerian President can do well. We are too divided along ethnic, religious and ideological lines to build a progressive nation. Everyone only talks about who will be the driver, few care about the engine, yet expect the car to take them to heaven. Who is fooling who? Some people like me advocate that we forget the driver, the engine and the car, disembark, and go our seperate ways. Some say no

My advice to Obi is to forget this cursed office of President and focus on his philanthropy. Obi will touch more lives and help more people this way. Until a time when people start taking the engine far more seriously than they take who will be the driver, the office of President will destroy whoever goes in there, and Obi should stay away from it.

My 2 cents
THIS WHOLE WRITE-UP IS JUST
A FAILED TRIAL AT FEAR-FUELLED GASLIGHTING..
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by zionstaar75: 1:56pm On Mar 29
AlaafinOfOyo:
It may be a tall order, however, having a capable hand like him rescuing the country is worth a shot. Even if APC rigs the election again, no one would say the man didn't do his best. Then we can conclude that Nigerians have been cursed to suffer bad leadership for another generation.
please give us one reason Peter Obi is a capable han?apart from putting state money in his family business what is his legacy in anambra?capable hands my ass
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by lyayi: 2:18pm On Mar 29
There's sense in the Content of the article
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by rotadeco27: 2:27pm On Mar 29
ValarDoharis:
There comes a time in the life of a country when one man comes and change the country's history forever. Obi is that person!

2027 election will not be rigged successfully because the youths will not longer go to court. If Tinubu attempts to rig the election and announce himself as the winner, he will get the Sri Lanka treatment for sure!

Enough is enough.

On a side note, your advice to Obi because of what Tinubu would do is cowardice!
Dey deceive yourself there ooo
By 2027, even obi will be afraid to contest against Tinubu , bookmark this page ,God keeping us all alive!
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ValarDoharis: 2:33pm On Mar 29
This this your intellectual contribution? This is above your capacity. Run along
Toluwanise247:

Am 100% sure you are the dullest person on earth
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ValarDoharis: 2:33pm On Mar 29
Tinubu is old and frail
rotadeco27:

Dey deceive yourself there ooo
By 2027, even obi will be afraid to contest against Tinubu , bookmark this page ,God keeping us all alive!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos PDP Calls For Cancellation Of Presidential Election Results / Keyamo: There Must Be Penalty For Posting False Information On Social Media / Ifeanyi Okowa Extends Movement Restriction By Another 14 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.