Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 (15488 Views)

"I Will Win In Court" - Peter Obi Says When Asked If He Will Contest In 2027 / Atiku Promises To Support Wike For President In 2027 / Jonathan May Not Run On APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by enemyofprogress: 10:37am On Mar 29
The fear of obi is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Angelfrost(m): 10:37am On Mar 29
Op, you should have just stopped at number 1.

gidgiddy, 2027 election has been decided already.

Tinubu has won that election!

Not just Peter Obi... Anyone contesting against Tinubu is wasting his time and resources.
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Riskymarvelous(m): 10:40am On Mar 29
gratefulheart:
Bitter Peter Obi can NEVER be president.

wailing as we all know
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ifinger: 10:43am On Mar 29
gidgiddy:
Three Reasons Why I Will Advise Peter Obi Not To Run In 2027

I have known Peter Obi a long time, his village is just a stone's throw from mine. As a successful international businessman and billionaire, he returned from the UK in 2002 to aspire to be Governor of Anambra, which he did after a lengthy legal battle. Its not everything Obi did as Governor of Anambra that I'm happy with, but most Anambrarians will tell you he left the State much better than he met it. As 2027 approaches, no doubt Peter Obi will be under pressure to run again for President. If I were him, I won't run, for three reasons

1. 2027 has already been rigged. Let Obi learn from not just the last Presidential elections he ran in, but from subsequent elections in Imo, Kogi and Bayelsa, where elections were rigged with impunity. The by-elections were even worse. The 2027 elections will be brazenly rigged, and Peter Obi will be told to "go to court". Obi should also remember that he will be running against an incumbent who believes in "grabbing power and running with it", and has state resources at his disposal. So Peter Obi should spare himself the trouble over elections that the results have already been written

2. Even if Peter Obi manages to navigate the treacherous waters of Nigerian politics and wins, his troubles will just be starting. Obi does not know the Nigeria he wants to be President of, he does not know that 'one Nigeria' does not exist, and that some people will always see him as nothing more than an Igbo man and Christian. Those people are going to going to use propaganda, deciet, lies, insecurity etc to sabotage his regime from day one. No matter how well intentioned Obi might be, every move he makes will be turned into an ethnic, religious or ideological issue. Those who cannot bear an Igbo man being President will come after his regime like a hurricane. The result is that Obi will spend 4 years there fighting, if he is not thrown out before then, and achieve nothing.

3. Obi once said that Nigeria is like a car with a knocked engine, he was right. No matter how good a driver may be, he won't get far in a car with a knocked engine. Has Obi ever heard of a 'good Nigerian President'? No such thing has ever existed, or will ever exist. The driver is only as good as the engine of the car. No Nigerian President can do well. We are too divided along ethnic, religious and ideological lines to build a progressive nation. Everyone only talks about who will be the driver, few care about the engine, yet expect the car to take them to heaven. Who is fooling who? Some people like me advocate that we forget the driver, the engine and the car, disembark, and go our seperate ways. Some say no

My advice to Obi is to forget this cursed office of President and focus on his philanthropy. Obi will touch more lives and help more people this way. Until a time when people start taking the engine far more seriously than they take who will be the driver, the office of President will destroy whoever goes in there, and Obi should stay away from it.

My 2 cents

Agbadorian werey u failed on arrival 🤣
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Riskymarvelous(m): 10:44am On Mar 29
Paraman:
you advise him or not, peter obi will never rule Nigeria
he will rule it in Jesus mighty name!!! is either your absent or your present anyhow you want it cos I believe that you are not our God and mind you don't ever do like God because God will never and ever do like you trust me
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Angelfrost(m): 10:44am On Mar 29
ValarDoharis:
You're making it look like the ever increasing hungey Nigerians will do nothing like trees.

Tinubu will be a one term illegitimate president

Nah... Jonathan was either a coward or just tired of being in Aso Rock for allowing Buhari win.

...And yes, he permitted and allowed Buhari win!

Incumbency is no joke in our corrupt political landscape.

Tinubu won't be that weak... Even in the event of his demise, APC will still hold on to power.

Nigerians don enter serious one chance by allowing in Tinubu and APC.

They own Nigeria now!!! Same way Lagos is firmly in their control.

Nothing short of a bloody revolution or coup will reverse this... We're now officially a One party Government.

Better get used to it.
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by humilitypays(m): 10:45am On Mar 29
Paraman:
Who's "you guys" you're talking about? When Tinubu is through with his tenure in 2031, he will handover to a northerner.
What if you die before the end of this year? Why are you trying to play the role of God, are you God to decide the fate and future of any man?

Be careful, life is more spiritual than ordinary as you may think. Desist from this foolish arrogance or bragging cos many who tried to play God in the name of politics like you are doing didn't live to see tomorrow, be wise
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Rebuke: 10:45am On Mar 29
gratefulheart:

Yea, just the way some people can never have sense 🐶🐶🐶
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ifinger: 10:45am On Mar 29
EmperorCaesar:
In the past, this guy has created countless threads about Biafra and Ipobb, but going by this new thread, I am forced to believe an average man from the SE is even more confused than i thought

They really dont know what they want

That aside, Obi wouldnt heed your advice as its his birthright to lose as many times as the opportunity presents itself, so he must run and lose again

Obi will be 65+ years by then, yet the delusional youths clamouring for a Young President would prefer to vote him in

Again, this is the dullest group around cheesy cheesy cheesy

Use the 🧠 brain if u have one 😂 it's an app
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Honestey: 10:48am On Mar 29
You all believed Tinubu rigged himself into power even though he had no national resources within his control to do so. Based on that you are already trembling at the level of defeat that await Obi and already blaming innocent man ahead? This is not only cowardice, submissive and pathetic but it goes a long way in letting us know that Obi doesn't have what it takes to lead Nigeria anywhere just as you said that security architecture will be brought down and that he would spend 4 years fighting only and won't achieve anything else.
Therefore, if Obi contest and lost, it is because you have convinced enough people to know that Obi is a collosal failure waiting to happen .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Riskymarvelous(m): 10:50am On Mar 29
vanitybutiwanti:
Which youth grin grin

You mean Tinubu as sitting President will be ousted in 2027? How old are you?
forget about age bro,,,just let dis suffering under tinubu continue till 2027 and see what is going to happen,,dis new generations are getting wiser every blessed day while our elders ones are losing senses everyday by day
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ifinger: 10:51am On Mar 29
Do u dull@rd listen to yourself when u say obi can't be president? Is it your father's birthright to stay in power? Remember their are many road to democracy Nigeria has been held aback because of big0t like you ! It's just a matter of time u will be routed📌
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by oba1000(m): 10:54am On Mar 29
"you advise him or not, peter obi will never rule Nigeria"

the above statement is wrong.

I like every well meaning Nigerian to detest from a derogatory statement like this. For crying out loud, Obi is a Nigerian, born in the land, and at some points, made contributions to the growth of this nation whether at micro or macro level.

How can anyone say something that derogate his civic right? Let's bury our sentiments, and face reality. Nigeria is common project, where you come from can not make you a lesser contributor or more.

A northerner from any part (north, central or east) or a southerner from any part (west, east or south) is qualified to rule Nigeria. No one is a slave to any.

The better we realized this, the best for the nation. We all want a nation we can be proud of, so let's put ethnocentrism or the experience of civil war away. We, together can build this nation. let Obi or whoever care to run in 2027 breath.

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by MeaslesMumpsRub: 11:02am On Mar 29
Peter can never be President of Nigeria if he like make he convert to Muslim go hajj

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Paraman: 11:03am On Mar 29
atiku4President:

And your poverty will never end. When you finish complaining and die lamenting in secret, your children will continue where you stopped and your children's children will take over. The circle of hopelessness will never stop in your generation.
I'm glad my comment pain you well well Obi4President grin
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ObiCertificate: 11:04am On Mar 29
Below is a video of El-Rufai declaring HoeBi is unelectable.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Eq3QGlzFOYs?si=yKFuARldzhTJRnb1

Where is the link to where El-Rufai said Buhari was unelectable?

ValarDoharis:
Liar!

Nobody knows any member of your family politically. If you're arranged to meet with Obi,
you won't be able to sleep due to excitement

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Paraman: 11:05am On Mar 29
Afonja007:
gumi's father said that a Christian will never become president of Nigeria he died painful death when Obasanjo became the president of Nigeria, Northerners never believed that Jonathan ordinary ijaw man from bayelsa will later became the president of Nigeria,I see you going the way of gumi's father take it easy ooh, nothing is 100percent on this earth
where were you when obi supporters were saying Tinubu will never become the president of Nigeria hypocrite?

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Hakeem66: 11:06am On Mar 29
gidgiddy:

I have known Peter Obi a long time, his village is just a stone's throw from mine. As a successful international businessman and billionaire, he returned from the UK in 2002 to aspire to be Governor of Anambra, which he did after a lengthy legal battle. Its not everything Obi did as Governor of Anambra that I'm happy with, but most Anambrarians will tell you he left the State much better than he met it. As 2027 approaches, no doubt Peter Obi will be under pressure to run again for President. If I were him, I won't run, for three reasons

1. 2027 has already been rigged. Let Obi learn from not just the last Presidential elections he ran in, but from subsequent elections in Imo, Kogi and Bayelsa, where elections were rigged with impunity. The by-elections were even worse. The 2027 elections will be brazenly rigged, and Peter Obi will be told to "go to court". Obi should also remember that he will be running against an incumbent who believes in "grabbing power and running with it", and has state resources at his disposal. So Peter Obi should spare himself the trouble over elections that the results have already been written

2. Even if Peter Obi manages to navigate the treacherous waters of Nigerian politics and wins, his troubles will just be starting. Obi does not know the Nigeria he wants to be President of, he does not know that 'one Nigeria' does not exist, and that some people will always see him as nothing more than an Igbo man and Christian. Those people are going to going to use propaganda, deciet, lies, insecurity etc to sabotage his regime from day one. No matter how well intentioned Obi might be, every move he makes will be turned into an ethnic, religious or ideological issue. Those who cannot bear an Igbo man being President will come after his regime like a hurricane. The result is that Obi will spend 4 years there fighting, if he is not thrown out before then, and achieve nothing.

3. Obi once said that Nigeria is like a car with a knocked engine, he was right. No matter how good a driver may be, he won't get far in a car with a knocked engine. Has Obi ever heard of a 'good Nigerian President'? No such thing has ever existed, or will ever exist. The driver is only as good as the engine of the car. No Nigerian President can do well. We are too divided along ethnic, religious and ideological lines to build a progressive nation. Everyone only talks about who will be the driver, few care about the engine, yet expect the car to take them to heaven. Who is fooling who? Some people like me advocate that we forget the driver, the engine and the car, disembark, and go our seperate ways. Some say no

My advice to Obi is to forget this cursed office of President and focus on his philanthropy. Obi will touch more lives and help more people this way. Until a time when people start taking the engine far more seriously than they take who will be the driver, the office of President will destroy whoever goes in there, and Obi should stay away from it.

My 2 cents
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by PotatoSalad(m): 11:07am On Mar 29
Pray to see 2027 first before tell someone what to and what not to do
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by NEIGHBOUR(m): 11:09am On Mar 29
ValarDoharis:
Obi will be president in 2027!

Tinubu was not as entrenched as Abacha that was the sole presidential candidate of all political parties but how did it end?

Nobody is indispensable or invincible

Which platform is Obi going to use? Small LP, he couldn't resolve it's internal crisis. He kept away hoping to jump ship again.
That is a character portrayal of a weak and unstable leader.

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Kukutente23: 11:15am On Mar 29
ObiCertificate:

My research is done and the findings are below.

1. El-Rufai never claimed Buhari was unelectable.

2. HoeBi remains perpetually unelectable.
It was actually Tinubu that was rep-orted to have said so
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by RighteousI: 11:27am On Mar 29
ValarDoharis:
There comes a time in the life of a country when one man comes and change the country's history forever. Obi is that person!

2027 election will not be rigged successfully because the youths will not longer go to court. If Tinubu attempts to rig the election and announce himself as the winner, he will get the Sri Lanka treatment for sure!

Enough is enough.

On a side note, your advice to Obi because of what Tinubu would do is cowardice!

Who will enforce that Sri Lanka treatment on tinubu? The Sri Lanka soldiers did not shoot the civilians when they invaded the presidential palace. The Nigerian soldiers will gladly place an ak47 round in your abdomen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by hslbroker2(m): 11:27am On Mar 29
gratefulheart:

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Arabk25: 11:30am On Mar 29
It's very hard to seize power from criminals they're ready to do anything possible to remain relevant in politics
They're everywhere like the judiciary, arm forces, politics just to name a few it's unfortunate that this country can't be redeemed the only way out is japa
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Mummyimbecile(m): 11:32am On Mar 29
gratefulheart:

I am an Igno man who is doing quite well for himself. What this person just said is the Truth. Sentiments aside, Peter Obi or any Igbo man can never be President of Nigeria. It has been said, done and dusted.

What igbos should be advocating for is outright secession!

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Paraman: 11:34am On Mar 29
humilitypays:
What if you die before the end of this year? Why are you trying to play the role of God, are you God to decide the fate and future of any man?

Be careful, life is more spiritual than ordinary as you may think. Desist from this foolish arrogance or bragging cos many who tried to play God in the name of politics like you are doing didn't live to see tomorrow, be wise
Lol

Where were you when obidients were claiming Tinubu will not rule Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Mummyimbecile(m): 11:36am On Mar 29
ValarDoharis:
There comes a time in the life of a country when one man comes and change the country's history forever. Obi is that person!

2027 election will not be rigged successfully because the youths will not longer go to court. If Tinubu attempts to rig the election and announce himself as the winner, he will get the Sri Lanka treatment for sure!

Enough is enough.

On a side note, your advice to Obi because of what Tinubu would do is cowardice!
Lol, Sri Lankas get mind pass Nigerians. Nothing go happen. Tiniby will still win and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing will happen.

What happened to "all eyes on the judiciary"?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Paraman: 11:37am On Mar 29
arantess:

hope you will be better off or alive by then
Think about yourself and family
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Arabk25: 11:37am On Mar 29
omoadeleye:
Uhmm. The OP is truly an omo Igbo before reading where he is from.

Omo igbo will always gaslight in every of their conversation i don't know why they are wired that way, they don't always say the truth.

Why can't he can't he comdem Peter Obi for instigating tribal bigotry during his campaign?

What about is religion war claim and he even talked cheap that he was going to sue people's gazzet for defaming but up till now he hasn't done that

What about all the financial and rascal turbulence going all in labour party

What about his current cheap politicking of touring the whole North in the name of garnering support from the North when we all knew that Peter Obi doesn't like Muslims

What about Peter Obi supporting cashless policy during Emefiele when Nigerians was agonising for cash?

What about Peter Obi campaigning from church to another telling Christians to take back their country?

What about when people are brutally killed or ipob killing people in his region he won't comdem the act but when killings are done in other states he would start politicising it?

And lots more.

Igbos are never ready to be president of Nigeria because they are shenanigans and cannot be trusted with federal might
Go to hell with you and your foolish country if only igbos can go their way you can now rule your Nigeria yourself moreover you guys have been ruling what impact have you guys made are you not ashamed to call yourself a Nigerian in the face of the world? Fools
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by bluefilm: 11:38am On Mar 29
gidgiddy:

My 2 cents

When I opened the thread, my initial thoughts was to attack the poster or writer of this article

But after reading it, I had a change of mind.

One Nigeria is a scam

That's all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians / President Buhari To Commission Imo Int’l Cargo Airport In May – Okorocha / 11 Nigerians Arrested Over Facebook Scam In Bangladesh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.