Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 (15432 Views)

"I Will Win In Court" - Peter Obi Says When Asked If He Will Contest In 2027 / Atiku Promises To Support Wike For President In 2027 / Jonathan May Not Run On APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ValarDoharis: 8:10pm On Mar 28
You're making it look like the ever increasing hungey Nigerians will do nothing like trees.

Tinubu will be a one term illegitimate president
vanitybutiwanti:
you're a kid, only thing stopping Tinubu in 2027 is death..understand that in hindsight many high profile politicians see GEJ as a fhool for making buhari win and you think Tinubu will make that mistake? Do you know how powerful a Nigerian president is? In 2027 if the man is still alive, you'll see another form of rigging entirely, one thing you plebs fail to understand, in Tinubus party, people will fly senatorial flag, governorship flag, house of rep flag and you think those individuals want have supporters and money to influence outcome of the election in their various constituency? Especially with An astute politician at the helm? I laugh at your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ValarDoharis: 8:12pm On Mar 28
Obi will be president in 2027!

Tinubu was not as entrenched as Abacha that was the sole presidential candidate of all political parties but how did it end?

Nobody is indispensable or invincible
djon78:

I totally disagree

Tinubu have entrenched himself

Removing him via election will be difficult

On another note

Nigeria is not for softies

Peter Obi is too soft for the kind politics we play in Nigeria
It doesn't favor him

There will be so much arrays of battles against him

So I think he should forget about ruling Nigeria

Let those that messed up the country redeem it

3 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by vanitybutiwanti: 8:13pm On Mar 28
ValarDoharis:
You're making it look like the ever increasing hungey Nigerians will do nothing like trees.

Tinubu will be a one term illegitimate president
has there ever been a time when Nigerians are not hungry?

Please let's assume obi is President today, will hunger be eradicated in Nigeria? You think governing Nigeria is about writing idealistic claptrap on twitter? I see the way some of you hypes otti, so has hunger and unemployment been eradicated in Abia state? Seems you don't travel, travel round Nigeria and see things for yourself, the country is irredeemable

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by LordIsaac(m): 8:18pm On Mar 28
gidgiddy:
I have known Peter Obi a long time, his village is just a stonethrow from mine. As a successful international businessman and billionaire, he returned from the UK in 2002 to aspire to be Governor of Anambra, which he did after a lengthy legal battle. Its not everything Obi did as Governor of Anambra that I'm happy with, but most Anambrarians will tell you he left the State much better than he met it. As 2027 approaches, no doubt Peter Obi will be under pressure to run again for President. If I were him, I won't run, for three reasons

1. 2027 has already been rigged. Let Obi learn from not just the last Presidential elections he ran in, but from subsequent elections in Imo, Kogi and Bayelsa, where elections were rigged with impunity. The by-elections were even worse. The 2027 elections will be brazenly rigged, and Peter Obi will be told to "go to court". Obi should also remember that he will be running against an incumbent who believes in "grabbing power and running with it", and has state resources at his disposal. So Peter Obi should spare himself the trouble over elections that the results have already been written

2. Even if Peter Obi manages to navigate the treacherous waters of Nigerian politics and wins, his troubles will just be starting. Obi does not know the Nigeria he wants to be President of, he does not know that 'one Nigeria' does not exist, and that some people will always see him as nothing more than an Igbo man and Christian. Those people are going to going to use propaganda, deciet, lies, insecurity etc to sabotage his regime from day one. No matter how well intentioned Obi might be, every move he makes will be turned into an ethnic, religious or ideological issue. Those who cannot bear an Igbo man being President will come after his regime like a hurricane. The result is that Obi will spend 4 years there fighting, if he is not thrown out before then, and achieve nothing.

3. Obi once said that Nigeria is like a car with a knocked engine, he was right. No matter how good a driver may be, he won't get far in a car with a knocked engine. Has Obi ever heard of a 'good Nigerian President'? No such thing has ever existed, or will ever exist. The driver is only as good as the engine of the car. No Nigerian President can do well. We are too divided along ethnic, religious and ideological lines to build a progressive nation. Everyone only talks about who will be the driver, few care about the engine, yet expect the car to take them to heaven. Who is fooling who? Some people like me advocate that we forget the driver, the engine and the car, disembark, and go our seperate ways. Some say no

My advice to Obi is to forget this cursed office of President and focus on his philanthropy. Obi will touch more lives and help more people this way. Until a time when people start taking the engine far more seriously than they take who will be the driver, the office of President will destroy whoever goes in there, and Obi should stay away from it.

My 2 cents
Simple. But he’s an Ox…Oxen do not quit!

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by SisterAnn(f): 8:23pm On Mar 28
gratefulheart:
Bitter Peter Obi can NEVER be president.

The cocaine sniffer in Aso was not prepared for governance, this much was gleaned from his handler onunuga. We need men, real men who can take this country out of the cesspit of hopelessness the sniffer has plunged it into, that man is Peter Obi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by SisterAnn(f): 8:24pm On Mar 28
Paraman:
you advise him or not, peter obi will never rule Nigeria
Helinues is afraid.

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by djon78(m): 8:25pm On Mar 28
ValarDoharis:
Obi will be president in 2027!

Tinubu was not as entrenched as Abacha that was the sole presidential candidate of all political parties but how did it end?

Nobody is indispensable or invincible

Come out of your pipe dream

Peter Obi that is soft

Abeg make we hear word

Tinubu have entrenched himself in the position
Nothing to be done about it

The only people that fight Tinubu and get him out are the Northerners

Peter Obi should just forget about it
To be Nigeria president
You must be tough and ready for anything

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by SisterAnn(f): 8:25pm On Mar 28
EmperorCaesar:
In the past, this guy has created countless threads about Biafra and Ipobb, but going by this new thread, I am forced to believe an average man from the SE is even more confused than i thought

They really dont know what they want

That aside, Obi wouldnt heed your advice as its his birthright to lose as many times as the opportunity presents itself, so he must run and lose again

Obi will be 65+ years by then, yet the delusional youths clamouring for a Young President would prefer to vote him in

Again, this is the dullest group around cheesy cheesy cheesy
The Op is a separatist and apolitical and like you, discussions on politics is above his pay grade just like you.
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by SisterAnn(f): 8:26pm On Mar 28
djon78:

Peter Obi that is soft

Abeg make we hear word

To be Nigeria president
Why not through yourself in the ring? Or are you not tough enough?

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ttime(m): 8:27pm On Mar 28
gidgiddy:
I have known Peter Obi a long time, his village is just a stonethrow from mine. As a successful international businessman and billionaire, he returned from the UK in 2002 to aspire to be Governor of Anambra, which he did after a lengthy legal battle. Its not everything Obi did as Governor of Anambra that I'm happy with, but most Anambrarians will tell you he left the State much better than he met it. As 2027 approaches, no doubt Peter Obi will be under pressure to run again for President. If I were him, I won't run, for three reasons

1. 2027 has already been rigged. Let Obi learn from not just the last Presidential elections he ran in, but from subsequent elections in Imo, Kogi and Bayelsa, where elections were rigged with impunity. The by-elections were even worse. The 2027 elections will be brazenly rigged, and Peter Obi will be told to "go to court". Obi should also remember that he will be running against an incumbent who believes in "grabbing power and running with it", and has state resources at his disposal. So Peter Obi should spare himself the trouble over elections that the results have already been written

2. Even if Peter Obi manages to navigate the treacherous waters of Nigerian politics and wins, his troubles will just be starting. Obi does not know the Nigeria he wants to be President of, he does not know that 'one Nigeria' does not exist, and that some people will always see him as nothing more than an Igbo man and Christian. Those people are going to going to use propaganda, deciet, lies, insecurity etc to sabotage his regime from day one. No matter how well intentioned Obi might be, every move he makes will be turned into an ethnic, religious or ideological issue. Those who cannot bear an Igbo man being President will come after his regime like a hurricane. The result is that Obi will spend 4 years there fighting, if he is not thrown out before then, and achieve nothing.

3. Obi once said that Nigeria is like a car with a knocked engine, he was right. No matter how good a driver may be, he won't get far in a car with a knocked engine. Has Obi ever heard of a 'good Nigerian President'? No such thing has ever existed, or will ever exist. The driver is only as good as the engine of the car. No Nigerian President can do well. We are too divided along ethnic, religious and ideological lines to build a progressive nation. Everyone only talks about who will be the driver, few care about the engine, yet expect the car to take them to heaven. Who is fooling who? Some people like me advocate that we forget the driver, the engine and the car, disembark, and go our seperate ways. Some say no

My advice to Obi is to forget this cursed office of President and focus on his philanthropy. Obi will touch more lives and help more people this way. Until a time when people start taking the engine far more seriously than they take who will be the driver, the office of President will destroy whoever goes in there, and Obi should stay away from it.

My 2 cents

Ur 2 cents are worth their onions.
But Obi has to run, even though he knows he won't win... It's d game of politics, u must always keep the near future in view, and keep the supporters supporting. It's vision, people always need something they believe in, to keep reminding them.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Abbeytoy(m): 8:29pm On Mar 28
AlaafinOfOyo:
It may be a tall order, however, having a [b]capable hand like him [/b]rescuing the country is worth a shot. Even if APC rigs the election again, no one would say the man didn't do his best. Then we can conclude that Nigerians have been cursed to suffer bad leadership for another generation.

Anytime you people mentioned Obi as being capable, it makes me so furious and I wonder how you come to that conclusion... Then, I realised that's the same for you and others too when another candidate is mentioned.

It's well.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by djon78(m): 8:29pm On Mar 28
SisterAnn:
Why not through yourself in the ring? Or are you not tough enough?

Being Nigeria's president is the least of my worries

Even if you dash me on a platter of gold
I won't touch it at all

There are better things to do with my Life

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by SisterAnn(f): 8:30pm On Mar 28
djon78:

Being Nigeria's president is the least of my worries

Even if you dash me on a platter of gold
I won't touch it at all

There are better things to do with my Life
Lol @dash.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ValarDoharis: 8:33pm On Mar 28
If the Northerners can get him out, why do you say he cannot be removed?
djon78:

Peter Obi that is soft

Abeg make we hear word

To be Nigeria president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Kurugu92(m): 8:38pm On Mar 28
gratefulheart:

how will he be president? When the north knew tinubu need one more term to pave way for president of northern extraction

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Paraman: 8:49pm On Mar 28
SisterAnn:
Helinues is afraid.
I'm not helinues

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by SisterAnn(f): 8:52pm On Mar 28
Paraman:
I'm not helinues
YOU ARE HELINUES!!
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by swagana: 8:55pm On Mar 28
gidgiddy:

My 2 cents

Allow Peter Obi to shoot his shot.
Okwa ndi Igbo si na 'anaghi ekwo maka mgbagbu ghara ogu'
This ipob idea of boycotting anything Nigeria is not a good idea.Even if Peter failed to win presidential election obviously he is making it a lot more easier for another Igbo Man to be president in the nearest future. Btw, Peter Obi have more information about Nigeria than you can ever know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ObiCertificate: 9:14pm On Mar 28
ValarDoharis:
Buhari contested three times without succeeding and people like El Rufai said he was perpetually unlectable so you're not God.

You don't know tomorrow but for you to prefer a criminal drug baron, certificate forger and narcotics trafficker over Obi, a man of integrity, it means you're equally a bad person

Show me where El-Rufai claimed Buhari was unelectable if you’re not a bold liar. This is an open challenge.

The fact that Buhari was elected President TWICE totally invalidates your baseless claim.

Hoebi remains an incompetent, unelectable, mediocre ipob apologist with zero track record of performance in office, which is why he can never get the votes of the majority. Take that to the bank cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ValarDoharis: 9:52pm On Mar 28
I cannot spoonfeed you. Do your research
ObiCertificate:

Show me where El-Rufai claimed Buhari was unelectable if you’re not a bold liar. This is an open challenge.

The fact that Buhari was elected President TWICE totally invalidates your baseless claim.

Hoebi remains an incompetent, unelectable, mediocre ipob apologist with zero track record of performance in office, which is why he can never get the votes of the majority. Take that to the bank cool

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ObiCertificate: 8:14am On Mar 29
ValarDoharis:
I cannot spoonfeed you. Do your research

My research is done and the findings are below.

1. El-Rufai never claimed Buhari was unelectable.

2. HoeBi remains perpetually unelectable.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Judgementa1: 8:36am On Mar 29
It better for Atiku to be president than that religious zealot and tribal bigot obi.

3 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ValarDoharis: 9:13am On Mar 29
Liar!

Nobody knows any member of your family politically. If you're arranged to meet with Obi,
you won't be able to sleep due to excitement
ObiCertificate:

My research is done and the findings are below.

1. El-Rufai never claimed Buhari was unelectable.

2. HoeBi remains perpetually unelectable.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Okoroawusa: 9:21am On Mar 29
Gidgiddy when is Nnamdi Kanu bringing the Biafra as he told you?
Gidgiddy are you also Obidient? I thought Nigeria is a zoo according to IPOB members?
Gidgiddy what exactly do you need?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by benitwater(m): 9:40am On Mar 29
No, the package fraud must run again .
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by AntiChristian: 9:40am On Mar 29
grin
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Blaze14k: 9:42am On Mar 29
gratefulheart:

This guy just proved his point by this nasty statement
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by adamusuleiman1: 9:42am On Mar 29
Slytiger:
For the first time ever, I agree with gidgiddy (the unofficial IPOB spokesperson on Nairaland).
Hahahaha

That guy likes IPOB die

6 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Goodlady(f): 9:44am On Mar 29
gratefulheart:

Let's give Obi a chance
Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by RecentHistory: 9:44am On Mar 29
ValarDoharis:
There comes a time in the life of a country when one man comes and change the country's history forever. Obi is that person!

2027 election will not be rigged successfully because the youths will not longer go to court. If Tinubu attempts to rig the election and announce himself as the winner, he will get the Sri Lanka treatment for sure!

Enough is enough.

On a side note, your advice to Obi because of what Tinubu would do is cowardice!

We are hoping that when Tinubu wins in 2027, you few wild irritants will come out and cause trouble. The security agents should stand down for like 3 days let's settle scores.
You people need to be handled like animals and the security agents won't allow that. Coming out makes it easy to pick you out.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Afonja007: 9:46am On Mar 29
Paraman:
you advise him or not, peter obi will never rule Nigeria
gumi's father said that a Christian will never become president of Nigeria he died painful death when Obasanjo became the president of Nigeria, Northerners never believed that Jonathan ordinary ijaw man from bayelsa will later became the president of Nigeria,I see you going the way of gumi's father take it easy ooh, nothing is 100percent on this earth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Those Against Jonathan's Second Term Are Mad - Tony Anenih / Wike Visits Agip Oil Company / Army Set To Detonate An Expired Bomb In Army Barrack Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.