Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,514 members, 7,833,695 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

But I told you. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / But I told you. (4291 Views)

Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt / Aisha Yesufu: My Husband Didn’t Kneel To Propose. I Told Him I Hate House Chores / What I Told Buhari When He Telephoned Me On My Daughter’s Killing -fasoranti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

But I told you. by HopeUzodinma: 10:37am On Mar 30
Scene 1 : Tinubu meets dollar at #640.

Scene 2: Tinubu takes dollar to #1940

Scene 3: Tinubu moves dollar to #1140

Scene 4: Tinubu takes dollar to 2540..

There are 4 scenes, 2 has come, 1 is and 1 is yet to come.

Pray for Nigeria.

The lord’s of Propaganda might fight this. But watch n see..

4 Likes

Re: But I told you. by CodeTemplar: 10:45am On Mar 30
I hope Oko remi isn't using borrow-borrow to shine. The dollars better be real.

1 Like

Re: But I told you. by helinues: 10:46am On Mar 30
Una go all dey alive to witness how Naira would regain her strength. For now, it's dropping even though still low

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: But I told you. by Donaldoni: 10:50am On Mar 30
This is simply wishing the Nigerian state bad luck.

And I decree back to sender.

Piggggs will grunt to death if care is not taken.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: But I told you. by ScratchDtoto: 10:53am On Mar 30
helinues:
Una go all dey alive to witness how Naira would regain her strength. For now, it's dropping even though still low

While you yangun yangun and waste away

The West already knows about your cocaine trafficking president

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: But I told you. by nairalanda1(m): 10:54am On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

Well if you want a strong currency, you have to be an exporter of manufactured goods and services.

Otherwise anything you do is the equivalent of calling a rabbit a 🦄.

16 Likes

Re: But I told you. by OkCornel(m): 10:54am On Mar 30
A gentle reminder.

Jagaban promised in April 2023 that the naira will exchange for 300 to the USD in the “short term”

This is March 2024. Abi “short term” never reach?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: But I told you. by Donaldoni: 11:02am On Mar 30
nairalanda1:

Well if you want a strong currency, you have to be an exporter of manufactured goods and services.

Weak currency actually favours exporters.

The dollar you earn gives you more Naira here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: But I told you. by Paraman: 11:04am On Mar 30
HopeUzodinma:
Scene 1 : Tinubu meets dollar at #640.

Scene 2: Tinubu takes dollar to #1940

Scene 3: Tinubu moves dollar to #1140

Scene 4: Tinubu takes dollar to 2540..

There are 4 scenes, 2 has come, 1 is and 1 is yet to come.

Pray for Nigeria.

The lord’s of Propaganda might fight this. But watch n see..

You're wailing as if Tinubu is about to hand over power, he has not even use up to a year in power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: But I told you. by nairalanda1(m): 11:04am On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

Except that we are not industrialized and exporting industrial goods and services but are resource dependent and to a large extent import dependent.

13 Likes

Re: But I told you. by Donaldoni: 11:07am On Mar 30
nairalanda1:

Except that we are not industrialized and exporting industrial goods and services but are resource dependent and to a large extent import dependent.

Because cost of production is high at the moment

Hopefully, when the refineries resume, the cost of production will come down

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: But I told you. by EmperorCaesar(m): 11:21am On Mar 30
nairalanda1:

U dey always form unbiased for every comment and na lie

Realistically speaking, with the situation on ground, it's easier for Naira to remain where it is than to crash further but a hater like u would rather not use your logic to lecture the hater OP but instead start spewing some shit to an hopeful citizen

Why u no use logic tell the op say Naira no fit easily crash reach 2500 cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hypocrites

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: But I told you. by nairalanda1(m): 11:34am On Mar 30
EmperorCaesar:

U dey always form unbiased for every comment and na lie

Realistically speaking, with the situation on ground, it's easier for Naira to remain where it is than to crash further but a hater like u would rather not use your logic to lecture the hater OP but instead start spewing some shit to an hopeful citizen

Why u no use logic tell the op say Naira no fit easily crash reach 2500 cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hypocrites

Well , saying that making our economy industrial and exporting industrial goods is still the truth though

18 Likes

Re: But I told you. by nairalanda1(m): 11:34am On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

Yeah that is where allowing the free market to do it's thing comes in.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: But I told you. by HopeUzodinma: 11:41am On Mar 30
Paraman:
You're wailing as if Tinubu is about to hand over power, he has not even use up to a year in power.

Wailing? How?

1 Like

Re: But I told you. by Melagros(m): 2:42pm On Mar 30
COMRADES, wether it crashes or not we are not witnessing any positive changes promised to us by the evil APC

2 Likes

Re: But I told you. by Brenbentondiaz: 2:45pm On Mar 30
Developers on the beat. See a "lover" of Nigeria that wants to "take his country back". Maybe their slogan I full was "take our country backward". Ibodients are really entertaining.

1 Like

Re: But I told you. by sacajawea: 2:49pm On Mar 30
ScratchDtoto:

While you yangun yangun and waste away

The West already knows about your cocaine trafficking president
Name of Paper pls...?
Date and City/origin
Re: But I told you. by ValarDoharis: 3:20pm On Mar 30
So America with strong currency is not exporting optimally?

This is how you guys defended Bubu's ineptitude for 8yrs. You guys have transferred this pathetic behavior to Tinubu who is worst than Bubu
Donaldoni:

16 Likes

Re: But I told you. by ValarDoharis: 3:21pm On Mar 30
Which refineries?

Are you new in Nigeria?
Donaldoni:

16 Likes

Re: But I told you. by Johnjustice: 3:59pm On Mar 30
nairalanda1:

Well , saying that making our economy industrial and exporting industrial goods is still the truth though
The naira true value against dollar is not reflected because of hoarding...we earn dollars from cocoa and crude, tinubu has given the cbn access to nnpcl inflows, this will help naira maintain it's real value, plus and minus, the real value is around N500/1 usd. with more dollars from nnpcl, the market will be flooded with dollars to maintain supply and rate. it wont go up again, that windfall was due to floating, it has been checked by this new move.

It's about demand and supply, as long as CBN keeps channelling the dollars to real importers and real international transactions, we are fine. The flooding of the market with dollars is to counter hoarders that cause dollar scarcity.

4 Likes

Re: But I told you. by socialmediaman: 4:03pm On Mar 30
helinues:

Helinues helinues! You guys are not tired? Have you forgotten 8 years of the same balablu during Buhari’s government?

If na your friend de lie to you like this for 8 years, I hope you’ll be using this same energy to defend them lol

1 Like

Re: But I told you. by faceland: 6:21pm On Mar 30
The man has reduce purchasing power so it can't get worst than the past 1800... It is currently a little less than 1300... Exparts in New York predicted that it would reach 1100 this year (2024)... So apart from inflow, I would not buy dollars for more than 1100, I rather buy engine to resell.

May be when the elites wants to pay their foreign school fees, it would rise briefly so OP can sell his dollars.
Re: But I told you. by faceland: 6:31pm On Mar 30
nairalanda1:

Import is reducing due to locally made FAKE PRODUCTS and poverty (no demand due to no money).
Re: But I told you. by Donaldoni: 7:12pm On Mar 30
ValarDoharis:
Which refineries?

Are you new in Nigeria?

We shall see!
Re: But I told you. by Donaldoni: 7:13pm On Mar 30
ValarDoharis:
So America with strong currency is not exporting optimally?

This is how you guys defended Bubu's ineptitude for 8yrs. You guys have transferred this pathetic behavior to Tinubu who is worst than Bubu

America rarely export consumer goods. They do more of tech. smiley
Re: But I told you. by jidowu84: 9:08pm On Mar 30
Time to stock up
Re: But I told you. by ValarDoharis: 9:11pm On Mar 30
America export everything including wheat and rice!!!
Donaldoni:

Re: But I told you. by Donaldoni: 9:22pm On Mar 30
ValarDoharis:
America export everything including wheat and rice!!!

To where please...
Re: But I told you. by ForensikOrder: 10:00pm On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

Omo, the talk about Naira dey crash again don turn another avenue to drag governance and policy matter. The way you talk about America and their strong currency, plus how dem dey handle exports, na valid point. But e clear say the frustration with how things dey run for our own side dey boil over.

Na true say countries wey get strong currency like America dey focus more on tech exports rather than consumer goods. This strategy work for them because of their level of development and the kind sectors wey dey vibrant for their economy.

But for Naija, the situation different. Our economy structure and the way wey governance dey play out dey affect how things dey go, including our currency strength. The comment about how people don defend past leaders and now Tinubu, e show say plenty folks dey tired of the same old story where promises no match action.

E go good make we start to dey see real change wey fit help boost our economy, make Naira strong, and make life better for everyone. But for that one to happen, na correct planning and execution we need from those wey dey power.

1 Like

Re: But I told you. by Kurugu92(m): 10:00pm On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

I don't know what they will gain if tinubu fails knowing fully well he have more years to the expiration of his tenure. well, we are in it together

(1) (2) (Reply)

All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide / Muslims Are Not Happy - Jeff Foxworthy / Buhari doesn't need certificate - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.