Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,864 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp (4767 Views)

Rasheed Ladoja Secretly Refunded N500 Million Of Monies Stolen From Oyo Treasury / Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by ak47mann(m): 4:40am On Nov 17, 2011
THE reconciliation efforts of the national headquarters of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) appear to have started yielding fruits in the Oyo State chapter of the party, as about 2,500 members, who defected to the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) before the last general election, have returned to the umbrella party.

The returnees, led by a former vice chairman in Ona-Ara Local Government Area of the state, Honourable Mosobalaje Bakare, were welcomed back to the PDP in Ward 1, Akaran area of the local government by Alhaji Waheed Adurodekun, who is the council’s party chairman, on Wednesday.

Honourable Bakare, who is a staunch supporter of former Senate leader, Teslim Folarin, thanked the Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory, Ms Olajumoke Akinjide and her father, Chief Richard Akinjide, for facilitating their return to the PDP.

The leadership and the rank and file of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) in the local government had earlier defected to the PDP where they were received by the minister and the state party chairman, Chief Dejo Afolabi.

He explained that although the division within the party preparatory to the last election caused the party the governorship seat in the state, the reconciliation exercise of the party, which he said was genuine, would return the PDP to winning ways in the state.

“A few minutes before we came here to formally return to our home, a chieftain of the ACN telephoned me and asked if it was true that we were going back to the PDP. I replied him “Yes.” While at ACN, we never obtained their party membership card; we only helped them to win the election.

“Other members of the PDP, who went to the Accord party because of the rift, are also coming back soon en mass soon. Accord Party is like an iced block that alienated itself from water. There are only two ways to make it become water: allow it dissolve naturally or heat it with fire,” the former state organising secretary of the PDP said.

In a welcome address earlier, Alhaji Adurodekun described the returnees as PDP members who went on self-exile to form the building block of the ruling ACN, saying that the house of the broom party had collapsed with the development.

He told the new members that they were eligible to hold any party office in the coming congress, adding that the last election was PDP against itself.

Representative of the FCT minister, Mr Gabriel Adediran, told newsmen that the return of former members of the party was a manifestation of the untiring efforts of the minister at rebuilding the PDP.

He added that the large number of returnees was a tip of the iceberg, as more people would rejoin the PDP, especially in the council, in line with the assignment given to the minister to repopulate the party and bring aggrieved members back into the umbrella fold.

TRIBUNE NEWSPAPER
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by BootyOnMe: 4:57am On Nov 17, 2011
This wan na wetin my "Esan" peeps dey call. . . 'ofieh-keh. . . fieh-mu-reh'! cheesy

E-F-I-A-H!!!!

Mu he he he he he cheesy
Who say ashawo nor be work. . . abeg slap am 50 times for eaaaasssh ssssheeek!
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by meonbooty: 5:01am On Nov 17, 2011
BootyOnMe:

This wan na wetin my "Esan" peeps dey call. . . 'ofieh-keh. . . fieh-mu-reh'! cheesy

E-F-I-A-H!!!!

Mu he he he he he cheesy

No mind them jare.

Iyawo mi for cyber-land. When are we dancing merenge in my bedroom? No shangee yorrrr mind o
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by Kobojunkie: 5:01am On Nov 17, 2011
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by meonbooty: 5:03am On Nov 17, 2011
BootyOnMe:

E-F-I-A-H!!!!

Mu he he he he he cheesy

Blazay, I am ho[b]r[/b]ny really bad. My roommate is banging his arab girfriend in the other room, and I can hear her moaning in her semi-coarse Yemeni voice, with occasional dirty talk. What is a Yorubababoon like me to do in times like this?
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by BootyOnMe: 5:09am On Nov 17, 2011
meonbooty:

No mind them jare.
Iyawo mi for cyber-land. When are we dancing merenge in my bedroom? No shangee yorrrr mind o

meonbooty:

Blazay, I am ho[b]r[/b]ny really bad. My roommate is banging his arab girfriend in the other room, and I can hear her moaning in her semi-coarse Yemeni voice, with occasional dirty talk. What is a Yorubababoon like me to do in times like this?

*in search of the perfect icon that says it all*

Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by Nobody: 5:26am On Nov 17, 2011
This is sad for Oyo state. Oga o undecided

I give them one yr to return back to ACN.
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by Pukkah: 6:51am On Nov 17, 2011
The timing of their return is perfect: after they lost the gubernatorial election and at the tribunal. Mind my sarcasm.

The question is: does the average Oyo state man love PDP? Regardless, this should serve as an impetus for Ajimobi to dispatch PDP to political oblivion by working really hard for the people.
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by Kobojunkie: 7:52am On Nov 17, 2011
Pukkah:

The timing of their return is perfect: after they lost the gubernatorial election and at the tribunal. Mind my sarcasm.

The question is: does the average Oyo state man love PDP? Regardless, this should serve as an impetus for Ajimobi to dispatch PDP to political oblivion by working really hard for the people.

Does it matter? Come next election, they will all probably swing back to ACN and folks will cry "won ti gbagbo n" grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by okosodo: 8:26am On Nov 17, 2011
Nonsense people
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by ektbear: 8:43am On Nov 17, 2011
BootyOnMe:

*in search of the perfect icon that says it all*

lmao grin grin

http://images-2.findicons.com/files/icons/1039/manto/128/[size=18pt]despise.png[/size]

Oh well, I guess it is good that he keeps trying, despite the lack of interest on the other side grin grin grin

The pepe le pew of Nairaland, may he find love some day
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by meonbooty: 11:11am On Nov 17, 2011
^^^

Someone needs a hug, REALLY bad. Running after KoboJ from thread to thread, "despite the lack of interest on the other side." grin

The pepe le pew of Nairaland, may he find the love, sense of self worth, clarity of mind and relevance that have so far eluded him in RL on NL some day.

Hey Ekt_Bear, good luck buddy. See you on the next KoboJ thread? grin
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by Areosapien(f): 12:07pm On Nov 17, 2011
21 gunshots to the great 'progressive' Yoruba rascals! grin
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by ektbear: 12:10pm On Nov 17, 2011
lol.

Someone does indeed need a hug.

Perhaps it is the person cruising for poon on NL, and being rejected severally.

Perhaps it is the person who by his own mouth admits he enjoys listening to his roommate have s3x.

Do you also whip it out and beat off too to them making love? What will you do when they eventually catch you and find out what a sick pervert you are? grin

Continue living vicariously through your roommate.

Continue chasing women online rather than attempting to meet any in RL. But then again, what woman in her right mind would have anything to do with you? grin

The stench of your desperation and your pathetic, cockroach-like nature stinks even through the internet cheesy

May you one day find "love, sense of self worth, clarity of mind and relevance." These things really are worth it, and make life more pleasant.

Adieu, for now, pepe! Or was it the housefly of NL? Or is it Fstrangler? Or Ijebu Zaccheus, as another has called you? Or the 40+ year old pervert, craddle-robber, and Princeton medical school graduate, as yet another has christened you? grin

Adieu, pepe. May God one day relieve you of the mental torment and self-loathing you quite evidently suffer from.

And may you one day find a woman who doesn't feel the same way about you as you do.

Adieu.
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by ektbear: 12:21pm On Nov 17, 2011
Out of curiosity, when you listen in on your roommate and girlfriend having s3x. . . which of the two do you pretend to be? grin

I have made the assumption that you pretend you are the guy. But I could easily be wrong cheesy

Zaccheus climbed the tree to see Jesus.

Ijebu Zaccheus climbed the tree to spy on his roommate and his girlfriend  grin grin grin

One day, one day, you will be able to enjoy your own. It may be when you are 50 years old and you may have to import an illiterate young girl from some bush village, but it will eventually happen. Be patient!

By the way. On a serious note. Don't let your friends (if you have any) ever hear that you are violating the "bro code" in this way, or you'll be even more of an outcast in real life.
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by meonbooty: 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2011
ROTFL

This guy is psycho indeed. Mr. Good-looking guy is going cu/ck/oo on moi. Did I strike a nerve when I accused Mr. Yorubababoon of NL of not having a sense of self worth? I think I did

Although I do not enjoy penetrating your innermost anxieties and watching your insecurities play out in full view, I cant help exposing them. I wish I could help myself. What I find more interesting than LOL at your psychotic posts, is seeing how you hold on to my totally made-up stories like they are some sort of revelation from God.  You prolly quote my posts to your imaginary friends at your corner bench in the lab, who knows? I know I am great, but holding on to my posts so rigidly like hypnotized Christians  hold on to biblical verses is totally  new to me. I welcome it nevertheless.  cheesy Like I always treat my five yr old nephew anytime she is mad at me, I apologize Ekt bear for zooming in on your inner most insecurities.

And whatz up with those emoticons,  easy billy boy, we all know they are not real. You are hurting inside.  I know it, Beaf knows it damn too well, KOboJ just got a taste of it, Kilode? got a glimpse of it a couple weeks ago, SEFAGO knows it too, DK, AIgbofa, Seun Osewa, Aregbesola, Bola Ige, Bola Tinubu and everyone on NL and Nigeria know how deeply hurt you are. I am just the only heartless person bold enough to talk about it.  grin grin

Anyway, take a last shot, like you always like to do like a sissy, and we will call it a draw. (After all, you are just another overgrown kid, like Jerry Sandusky, No?) Deal?
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by ektbear: 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2011
Your attempt at psychoanalysis and medical diagnosis through the internet is no doubt well-intended.

But to borrow from the Bible again, "doctor, heal thyself!" grin Cure yourself first of stalking women online and your own self-loathing. After all, who wants to take advice from someone like you?

Regarding emoticons. Be honest. Don't you think people find it funny as hell when you derail threads into hitting on women and they always, invariably, 100% of the time reject you? grin

It crack me the hell up, at least. I dunno about the rest of ya'll.

Like, it almost is as if you aren't real. You are a cartoon character or something. Pepe le pew from the cartoons of my childhood cheesy

Regarding imaginary friends. . . come on dude, you can do better than that  undecided After I made the same jibe, you'll do the same? Next you'll accuse me of also spying on my roommates, as you do. Next you'll call me a Princeton med grad, as people have roundly mocked you with.

Gotta invent your own stuff man. This isn't 3rd grade where "I know you are, but what am I?" is sufficient.

Regarding draw. . . draw? What on earth? You have the wrong idea about what is going on here. A court jester does not ask the audience for a draw, does he? You are here to entertain and amuse, not ask for a frikkin draw.

Draw implies that someone is taking you seriously. . . laughing [b]with [/b]you rather than [b]at [/b]you.
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by Areosapien(f): 12:56pm On Nov 17, 2011
The stench of your desperation and your pathetic, cockroach-like nature stinks even through the internet

GAWD!!!
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2011
It is a sad development for partisan politics in Nigeria - one's loyalty is no longer governed by the party's ideals but by the most intimidatingvisible influence - ACN born from the throes of this young democracy seem to have allowed TinubuGod-fatherism overtake her vision not just for the Oduduwa nation but for Nigeria as a Political Entity. from imposition of candidates at all levels to a complete disconnect with the stakeholders at the grassroots (who matter the most).
The question is - was this move borne out of a need for equal representation or because there is a sense that the Captain of ACN Frigate is drunk on power and is nearing death's door grin
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by aloyemeka4: 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2011
Asewo they are and asewo they will continue to be. Always looking for opportunities to get free milk and that is what it is. The defectors did not get what they wanted from ACN and they are now moving back to PDP but the only problem here is they've lost their respective positions in the party. I see more war in Oyo PDP because they will not expect to be given back their initial portfolios.
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by Areosapien(f): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2011
You are hurting inside. I know it, Beaf knows it damn too well, KOboJ just got a taste of it, Kilode? got a glimpse of it a couple weeks ago, SEFAGO knows it too, DK, AIgbofa, Seun Osewa, Aregbesola, Bola Ige, Bola Tinubu and everyone on NL and Nigeria know how deeply hurt you are.

You can tell a person suffers from a deep sense of social rejection and depressingly cheap self-worth, whenever he desperately (and shamelessly) begins to string people's names into his comments because he's run out of things to say to a vastly superior adversary. grin
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by Skii(m): 1:20pm On Nov 17, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

It is a sad development for partisan politics in Nigeria - one's loyalty is no longer governed by the party's ideals but by the most intimidatingvisible influence - ACN born from the throes of this young democracy seem to have allowed TinubuGod-fatherism overtake her vision not just for the Oduduwa nation but for Nigeria as a Political Entity. from imposition of candidates at all levels to a complete disconnect with the stakeholders at the grassroots (who matter the most).
The question is - was this move borne out of a need for equal representation or because there is a sense that the Captain of ACN Frigate is drunk on power and is nearing death's door grin

The grassroots(those at the bottom) havent really given the leaves (the few at the top) anything to worry about. Not in Nigeria at least. They just go with the flow.
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by GWslim(f): 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2011
We will wait for them to return back to ACN before the next election. thanks
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by Baawaa(m): 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2011
Those are the OJELUS shocked shocked shocked
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2011
Hav you two imbe ciles started your catfight again?
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by Chyz2: 5:18pm On Nov 17, 2011
And the herd moves again. grin
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by Francis5: 5:21pm On Nov 17, 2011
Yoruba wildebeests. Migrating in the direction where the honey is sweetest. No principles, no ideals; just plain politicking

I did say they will all return from whence they left: PDP.
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 17, 2011
FRYPAN TO FIRE TO FRYPAN TO FIRE
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by Akainzo(m): 5:36pm On Nov 17, 2011
ak47mann:

THE reconciliation efforts of the national headquarters of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) appear to have started yielding fruits in the Oyo State chapter of the party, as about 2,500 members, who defected to the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) before the last general election, have returned to the umbrella party.

The returnees, led by a former vice chairman in Ona-Ara Local Government Area of the state, Honourable Mosobalaje Bakare, were welcomed back to the PDP in Ward 1, Akaran area of the local government by Alhaji Waheed Adurodekun, who is the council’s party chairman, on Wednesday.

Honourable Bakare, who is a staunch supporter of former Senate leader, Teslim Folarin, thanked the Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory, Ms Olajumoke Akinjide and her father, Chief Richard Akinjide, for facilitating their return to the PDP.

The leadership and the rank and file of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) in the local government had earlier defected to the PDP where they were received by the minister and the state party chairman, Chief Dejo Afolabi.

He explained that although the division within the party preparatory to the last election caused the party the governorship seat in the state, the reconciliation exercise of the party, which he said was genuine, would return the PDP to winning ways in the state.

“A few minutes before we came here to formally return to our home, a chieftain of the ACN telephoned me and asked if it was true that we were going back to the PDP. I replied him “Yes.” While at ACN, we never obtained their party membership card; we only helped them to win the election.

“Other members of the PDP, who went to the Accord party because of the rift, are also coming back soon en mass soon. Accord Party is like an iced block that alienated itself from water. There are only two ways to make it become water: allow it dissolve naturally or heat it with fire,” the former state organising secretary of the PDP said.

In a welcome address earlier, Alhaji Adurodekun described the returnees as PDP members who went on self-exile to form the building block of the ruling ACN, saying that the house of the broom party had collapsed with the development.

He told the new members that they were eligible to hold any party office in the coming congress, adding that the last election was PDP against itself.

At the bolded, if true, then they were actually never members of ACN but only supported ACN.
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by wellmax(m): 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2011
Areosapien:

21 gunshots to the great 'progressive' Yoruba rascals! grin
^^^^^
Your  stu.pidity no longer surprises me.
Eeeeediot.
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:54pm On Nov 17, 2011
And then there were insults
Re: 2,500 Members From Oyo Acn Return To Pdp by yarodin: 7:21pm On Nov 17, 2011
Come and see yoruba wonder come and see yoruba wonder. I am patiently waiting for the next surprise package the ACN will initiate for 2011 -2012.

(1) (2) (Reply)

More Pictures Of Igbo's Leaving The North with Just Ghana Must Go Nawa.. / Governor Ikpeazu Relaxes Curfew In Aba, Umuahia; Now 10pm To 6am Daily / New Year: Ayade Assures Of Glorious 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.