Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre (38628 Views)

Shock Awaits Those Challenging Obi’s Popularity In The North – Diran Onifade / Atiku's Victory On Saturday Will Come As A Rude Shock To Many!!! / Economic Prosperity Awaits Nigerians In Buhari’s Second Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by bixton(m): 8:46pm On Apr 06
nlfpmod:

Ugodre

Thanks for speaking for the government.
What's remaining is for the government to start paying 1,000,000 Naira as minimum wage knowing fully well that labour should also not be cheap.
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Timoleon(m): 8:47pm On Apr 06
Angelfrost:

Simple... If you truly apply P.A.Y.E tax policies and enforce them, the wealthy and top earners will pay more taxes since they earn more.

In the absence of corruption and embezzlement, proper use of the generated funds to provide amenities will make life balanced and easier for everyone.

This system works for Canada, Australia, England, and some other top nations.

In Nigeria, most high-income earners barely pay up to 5% monthly taxes... A lot of profit-generating organizations evade taxes successfully every year.

That's why some of you Nigerians making money in Nigeria dislike and grumble about the system abroad when you relocate there...!

1. PAYE would also mean that the poor will be taxed from their already meagre income.

2. In the absence of corruption....there is an abundance of corruption.

3. It is fallacious to say high income earners barely pay tax here. Most high income earners in Nigeria work for multinationals. There's. I way they wouldn't be paying tax. It's people in unregulated industries that escape easily without paying tax and most of them aren't high income earners.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by AmazingELixir: 8:48pm On Apr 06
nlfpmod:

Ugodre

Op it doesn't mean because your AC is rated 1hp it consumes at that rate..there are other factors.

Equipments and gadgets are rated based on specific parameters. Voltage level, capacitance and frequency affects power consumption.

2 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Fujiyama: 8:49pm On Apr 06
Revealing thread.
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Heffalump(m): 8:55pm On Apr 06
Funny enough, with my Inverter system, I don't need any DISCO. I can even donate power to the grid network. undecided

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by johnog4sure: 8:55pm On Apr 06
helinues:

Indeed, Ac is the real big elephant in the room

The 4 horse power Ac na gbese

Disco needs to intestify in puting areas in the right band
Very correct this days if I want to use AC I prefer buying fuel, and use Gen
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Gentlesoul2021(m): 8:56pm On Apr 06
nlfpmod:

Ugodre

We are doom.
My meter has been faulty since last year and they came to remove it for repair. It wasn't long I got the information that my meter number does not exist. Please how come?!. They told me to go and get a new meter and register afresh. What's all this. . . Now meter is priced at 120k upward for a double phase. . .
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by shedy03(m): 8:57pm On Apr 06
Unityp:
Use 'divine connection' if you know,you know
Explain further pls. lol.
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by mitchmang(m): 8:58pm On Apr 06
One of the easiest and most effective strategy to reduce air conditioning power bills is to adjust your thermostat settings wisely. Set the thermostat to the highest temperature that is comfortable for you and your family. Each degree higher can save you a significant amount of money on your energy bills. Mine is always set at 24 degrees instead of the highest which is 18 degrees on my remote and it has cut down about 10 % of my electricity increments

2 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by PROPEACE: 9:02pm On Apr 06
nlfpmod:

Ugodre
Use thermostatic controls, why would anyone turn their ACs from 7pm to 7am when the cost of electricity is high?
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by bluefilm: 9:03pm On Apr 06
No need for all these long stories.

Go solar or go bust!
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by candygist: 9:04pm On Apr 06
bigsmoke2:
Government needs to widen the taxs net to capture those not contributing any taxes and stop making life difficult for the poor masses with anti people policies. Our tax to GDP ratio tells you there are too many evaders and stealers of tax along the chain of collection. You can't jack up power rate suddenly by over 400% in a country where the middle class has disappeared due to hardship. Most people live from hand to mouth such sudden change means financial crisis for many.

The increment is not die everyone. Go do your findings
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Yxxx: 9:04pm On Apr 06
Malroux:
Our firm is currently recruiting.
Please the name of your firm, positions and how to apply?
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by TrustedLawyer: 9:05pm On Apr 06
nlfpmod:

Ugodre

Oga try generator and see.

As for me, I will gladly pay the new tariff if that would give me at least 18 hours of electricity.
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by lexy2014: 9:05pm On Apr 06
bigsmoke2:
Government needs to widen the taxs net to capture those not contributing any taxes and stop making life difficult for the poor masses with anti people policies. Our tax to GDP ratio tells you there are too many evaders and stealers of tax along the chain of collection. You can't jack up power rate suddenly by over 400% in a country where the middle class has disappeared due to hardship. Most people live from hand to mouth such sudden change means financial crisis for many.

first of all, all the tax that they have been collecting, what has been achieved with it?

second, who and who are you expecting the government to tax again that has not been taxed?

third, are the politicians in government that you are expecting to tax Nigerians paying taxes according to what they are stealing and hoarding?
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:06pm On Apr 06
Lols....see calculations just to use electricity.....

Fine.....I accept it that , in UK....one has to watch how he uses electricity to avoid much billing...

But has Nigerian grown to such level

Who are even the BAND A people?

Why will Nigerian Government under APC always draw a line between the rich and the poor?

Anyway everything ends here, whatever you type here , will never stop them from doing the worst tommorow....

Is really a waste of time coming to comment here ...
Under 8years plus in Nigeria, everything has gone mad....
Nothing is working except increase in tax and billings ... Lols

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by enemyofprogress: 9:13pm On Apr 06
I beg to disagree. TV consumes more power than anything in the house. That's why I only on my TV once a day to watch NTA news at 9
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Brushstrokes20: 9:14pm On Apr 06
👀👀👀👀eBOLA keeps ravaging the shyyythole wotowo with reckless abandon 😂😅🤣
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by godofuck231: 9:15pm On Apr 06
I warned you guys in Nigeria tiny u will hold you guys to poverty
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by tiswell(m): 9:22pm On Apr 06
Conner44:
Explanations & Statistics, na now Nigerians (along with apc people) go CHOP AM

I paid yesterday and it was N34 per unit on my meter.

Let time reach for me to top up again and see what they would have increased it to
you live in band V environment, hustle and upgrade to band A.

There is no dignity in what you just posted up there
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Kobicove(m): 9:22pm On Apr 06
enemyofprogress:
I beg to disagree. TV consumes more power than anything in the house. That's why I only on my TV once a day to watch NTA news at 9

This can only be true if you do not have freezers and ACs!

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Ykc2(m): 9:24pm On Apr 06
All of sudden they started explaining to us how things in nigeria is cheaper then every where in the world, the same groups of people that used to buy rice 8k during Jonathan's government are telling us how nigeria is better than america
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by ud4u: 9:24pm On Apr 06
LagosFirstSon:
Dumb people in government and supporters

Bunch of idiots

Exactly
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Blitzerz: 9:26pm On Apr 06
Nothing wey we no go see under APC

Shebi we dont know what AC is again,

Nonsense
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Incredible128: 9:27pm On Apr 06
You guys would not call out the government over their failing policies, it's how to advice Nigerians on how to squeeze themselves to fit the policies that u'll go about preaching, a time may come that u'll not be able to squeeze further. That's how you guys came with the CNG preaching but when it was Goodluck's administration, everybody took to the streets
nlfpmod:

Ugodre
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Topsin4great(m): 9:29pm On Apr 06
🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪 Dangote is laughing in the other room, come and buy fuel ⛽ diesel and power your house 🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by jmoore(m): 9:30pm On Apr 06
How many homes are using AC?

This just another oversabi post.

Fans are alternative to AC, and they consume less energy.

Refridgerator has no alternative.
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by GodHimself: 9:35pm On Apr 06
Nigeria as you've known it for ever, is no more.

The environment is different, and the cheese has been moved.
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by 89green: 9:35pm On Apr 06
Conner44:
Explanations & Statistics, na now Nigerians (along with apc people) go CHOP AM

I paid yesterday and it was N34 per unit on my meter.

Let time reach for me to top up again and see what they would have increased it to

grin
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by rapheal5(m): 9:39pm On Apr 06
tuzle:
We band my own side go be. We haven't seen light for the past 3days now.
B
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Neddyogu(m): 9:40pm On Apr 06
Unityp:
Use 'divine connection' if you know,you know

If dem catch u ehhh.....
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by naijaking1: 9:41pm On Apr 06
This is a reverse argument on the government inability to generate enough electricity for Nigeria. Instead of focusing on ways to generate, maintain, and distribute enough electricity; the minister of power blamed consumers for "leaving their lights and AC on all the time"
This thread is another attempt to divert the blame on our poor power generation as a country. Who cares whether my AC is on or off as long as I can pay my bills?
Next, they will blame refrigerators, hair dryers, and even breast pump for lack of electricity. Shameless people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Absent At The FEC Meeting Again As Osinbajo Presides In His Absence.PICS / Photo Of Buhari, Dangote And Danbilki In Kano. See Caption / 2019: Atiku Is Coming; Rivers Is Getting Ready - Wike Shares Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.