Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre (38629 Views)

Shock Awaits Those Challenging Obi’s Popularity In The North – Diran Onifade / Atiku's Victory On Saturday Will Come As A Rude Shock To Many!!! / Economic Prosperity Awaits Nigerians In Buhari’s Second Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by imagrg(m): 9:43pm On Apr 06
I shall suspend the use of AC in my house till further notice.
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by surgical: 9:51pm On Apr 06
aieromon:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/01/15/how-we-achieved-24-7-power-in-my-estate-in-lekki/?amp=1

grin grin grin

They nearly crucified me on the other threads.

ode kuku tell people that life is expensive that they should go and die like oshiomole
As if there are no countries were the people are the priority of their leaders, anytime their idiotic leader commit his usual blunder,they will invade everywhere to deodorise the pollution with absurd and senseless justification, evil people

2 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Scamburster(m): 9:52pm On Apr 06
AK481:
See This nonsense some paid Nigeria does ... they divert people from the main topic of protest to how to manage a bad situation .

How come only me see these things ?
Man, you are not alone, we're just observing the situation.
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Tetraozonaitera: 9:52pm On Apr 06
The most painful thing is the politicians are not affected.
Government Power
Water
Food,
Cloth
Furniture
Health
Housing. Etc

grin
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by surgical: 9:53pm On Apr 06
imagrg:
I shall suspend the use of AC in my house till further notice.
so if its in freezing countries, that's how bulaba would have exposed his citizens to harm
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Scamburster(m): 9:54pm On Apr 06
Honestfrend:
Tinubu the monster they made.... We are all facing the music...

Next time even the blind will have a rethink after collecting 5k and 1/3 bag of rice..
Oga, nobody voted for that wintch. Buhari did with the power of incubency coupled with corruption in this Babylon system of government.
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by DaddyGngeess(m): 9:56pm On Apr 06
What is this one saying? Inverter AC dosen't consume electricity again we can go for window unit AC also it consumes nothing self
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Scamburster(m): 9:57pm On Apr 06
Prigidypogodo:
cheesy

lol una go adjust tire

Very soon dem go tell una say na energy bulb dey cause am.

The thing is that before government implement any harsh policy they usually employ 2 sets of people.
1st people are those that will water the ground for the policy.
if you can recall before this increment, you've seeing questions on social media like " can you pay 50k or 100k or 200k for 24hrs power supply" ?
people will be thinking it's just a normal random question but it was from those sent to water the ground to see how people will react.
Now they came up with these band of a thing because making it general will backfire since most people on band A are rich Nigerians.
Mark my words it'll gradually spread to other bands slowly and Nigerians will still adjust.
Afterall we now normally buy fuel 700 naira today.

Now they've unleashed the second sets of people to convince you that you don't need power or need little power.
lol Nigerians cannot even read situations.
these guys are paid to say these things, to make it look like you where the cause of your own problem.
Same style was use when fuel was hiked if you can remember.

Fact is that Nigeria will continue to adjust.
will they reach breaking point ?
I don't think so afterall someone boldly said that if Obi should be the one that will make Nigeria look like heaven, he'll rather prefer hell.
Man, I doubt if you're a female, you reason like a genius. Philosopher.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Cj4charles(m): 9:58pm On Apr 06
Chai how did we get here, APC and Tinubu have made us to start calculating our lives..... such a pity
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by yongg: 10:00pm On Apr 06
DIVINEEVIDENCE:
We should just boycott the national grid and switch to solar power supply.

After generating, let them chop the megawatts.

We have abundant natural gas supplies and oil rigs are still flaring methane as we speak

We have abundant crude oil supplies with millions of barrels being lifted per day.

We have water bodies for HEP generation yet Bulaba wants us to smell pepper before we can have power.

Azi gbakwa!

In addition to that, we have resources to produce the more superior battery technology, Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries, yet I won't be surprised if we would be getting it at premium compared to countries that don't have the resource...

What perplexes me with all these lies is that, our export is enough to meet substantial demand worldwide but you'll hear barefaced lies like we have too much demand that exceeds supply...

Some places need consistent thunder ⚡⚡⚡.

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Bimpe29: 10:08pm On Apr 06
No matter how expensive means of good livelihood may be, I pray Allah will make it affordable and enjoyable for me Aameen.

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by yongg: 10:09pm On Apr 06
BondRiv:
The miserable life the IMF, WEF and others want.

Worse than that...

They want to lock everyone under loans... So that it becomes inevitable to live without loans...

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by bentenny(m): 10:13pm On Apr 06
Once an average Nigerian has had enough of the endless adjustment,they won't need organized labour to help them protest the premium hardship that they are currently facing!
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by jeff1607(m): 10:59pm On Apr 06
Those with PlayStation especially the PS4 pro, agama eyes on you
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Looter1000: 11:09pm On Apr 06
AK481:
See This nonsense some paid Nigeria does ... they divert people from the main topic of protest to how to manage a bad situation .

How come only me see these things ?
na because say you get sense my bro

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by DaniellaDokubo(f): 11:11pm On Apr 06
When you have a graduate of accountancy in charge of Ministry of Power in the most populous black nation on earth. This is the sort of output you get...
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Konquest: 11:44pm On Apr 06
nlfpmod:

Let me welcome all Band A customers to the “exciting world” of expensive power.

We have been doing it for years as I explained in this post below.

Trust me, forget all your energy savings plans, the real elephant in the room is your AC. And I’ll explain why..

The last time I paid N270/Kwh plus for power was last December. Since then it’s been over N400/Kwh.

And if you are like me, with a household of 5 or more then be rest assured you will spend between 800KWh to 1000KWh for power if you get at least 18 hours of power on the average.

The elephant in the room is your AC.

I’ve seen post here suggesting turning off deep freezers, switching to energy savings bulbs etc helps conserve power. While it’s true, it is nothing close to your AC.

You can turn on your entire fridge, freezer, fans, bulbs for the whole day and you won’t rack up more than 10kwh per day which is equivalent of N2,750 per day.

But turn on a 1hp AC from 7pm to 7am and you incur 8.94KWh or N2,458 for just 12 hours. This is just 1hp.

Here is how you calculate it

Most ACs come in hose powers. So to convert it to KV you multiple by 0.745 and then by the number of hours the power is used to get the KWh.

So for example, if you use three 1hp AC, and 1 2hp AC like I do most nights it gives you 5hp.

Multiply that by 0.745 you get 44.7KWh

Multiply that by 275 you get N12,292 per day or N368.7k per month.

Some engineers will opine the consumption can vary depending on how you manage your AC.

The cooler your AC the more power it consumers. Inverter ACs consume less per hp but those things don’t work very well with our weather. Especially if you live in a big house.

This is going to be the reality of a lot of people who have large households. Especially, if there is power and they want to enjoy from when they come back from work until in the morning.

The average power bill of a 3 bedroom flat with 3 ACs and 20 hours of power should be within the range of N220k monthly.

Juxtapose it to their salaries and you understand what lies ahead for Nigeria’s lower and upper middle class.

Increasing electricity tariff will upend lifestyles more than anything else I’ve witnessed in Nigeria.

For example, real estate, birth control, WFH, long stay guests/relatives, solar power usage etc. a lot of things will change.

Inflation could also rise further.

Like my neighbours, I have solar powered inverters installed which carries everything 24/7 except ACs, water heaters, pumping machine and iron.

Yet, I average 40KWh a day as we turn on the ACs from 7pm to 7am.

Typically, mwith the rains consumptions drop because the ACs work less.

But trust me, this stuff will humble you. Power is not cheap and a rude shock awaits a lot of Nigerians.

Ugodre
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by frog12: 12:03am On Apr 07
selfish people. pay for it. e no fit even write horse power well grin grin grin
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by ivandragon: 12:18am On Apr 07
Lol.

Give it to apc and propaganda.

What they totally condemned and criticised a few years ago has now become excusable and the fault of the common man.
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by seunayantokun(m): 12:38am On Apr 07
Though we don't like this development, but can we begin to rethink our town planning, homes building, environnement sustainability, infrastructural provisioning, alternative/clean/green energy sources etc? For instance, heat can be reduced if we stop deforestation and afforestate and reafforestate in all urban and rural parts of this country. We destroy nature too much around us instead of conserving it.

2 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by DatNiggaDaz: 12:50am On Apr 07
Starboytwo:
Make them first bring light first.

Abi I go pay for food wey I no dey chop?
grin cheesy
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Innomach(m): 12:51am On Apr 07
If they succeed with the plans, I can bet you, there would be improvement simply because most Nigerians surely would abandon electricity same wey dumped our generators due to high cost of fuel. Right now, I am contemplating uninstalling my AC
ihustlehard:
grin
increasing it does not make nepa to give us 24 hours light

sufferness dey this nation

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Ilekokonit: 1:05am On Apr 07
But trust me, this stuff will humble you. Power is not cheap and a rude shock awaits a lot of Nigerians.

Gas and Electricity bills don already humble us wey dey UK. The UK cost of living crisis no be here o especially if you are a salaried employee.

My gas and electricity bill 13 months ago was £430 for just 1 month and this is on top of the £66 a month for 6 months that the UK Govt gave to every household as part of the Energy Bills Support Scheme. So, without this scheme, my bill would have been £496 for just 1 month use of Gas and Electricity for just a 1 bedroom flat.

Accepted, I work from home but when your monthly Energy bill is fast approaching the value of your monthly rent and you still have many other bills to pay, you start wondering when these fat cat energy company bosses and their complicit politician enablers will let the common man breathe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by ivolt: 1:28am On Apr 07
Heffalump:
Funny enough, with my Inverter system, I don't need any DISCO. I can even donate power to the grid network. undecided
You must have invested huge sums to get such system.

2 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Talismann: 1:46am On Apr 07
wetin concern me. My gigantic 10kW hybrid transformer inverter system powers everything even my water pump effortlessly. Cost me an arm and leg setting up but now I'm balling.
I'm literally a grid now 😁

Them suppose increase am to 4000 per kwh sef.

Y'all gonna learn

2 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by SolarEngr(m): 2:15am On Apr 07
This is a well written analysis.

Meanwhile, I am Solar Engr at one of the most reputable Solar Company; The Trills Consulting.
Check my thread on Solar and Inverter to know more.
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by pingpong1: 2:24am On Apr 07
If we are in saner climes, the price of AC would dropped DRASTICALLY but not Nigeria
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by IbeOkehie: 2:36am On Apr 07
Government needs to widen the taxs net to capture those not contributing any taxes and stop making life difficult for the poor masses with anti people policies. Our tax to GDP ratio tells you there are too many evaders and stealers of tax along the chain of collection.

Actually the tax burden is too high in Nigeria. Current taxes should be drastically reduced, in fact income and property taxes should be abolished completely. Implement a small VAT of 9% or less and make it the SOLE source of ALL government revenue, codified in the Constitution of the Federal Republic.

That is how to grow an economy, so people get richer and consume more and thus create jobs.

We should just boycott the national grid and switch to solar power supply.

After generating, let them chop the megawatts.

We have abundant natural gas supplies and oil rigs are still flaring methane as we speak

We have abundant crude oil supplies with millions of barrels being lifted per day.

We have water bodies for HEP generation yet Bulaba wants us to smell pepper before we can have power.

Azi gbakwa!

Seriously. How can Nigerians be this ignorant?

That's right about the solar alternative and the right of Nigerians to boycott the national grid.

First, Nigerians have already boycotted the grid. The evidence is the millions and millions of generators in use all over the country.

Now to the wrong part. I will only deal with the natural gas and methane flares.

When natural gas is produced, it must be carried to the point of consumption. That is, it must be transported from the point of its production to the factories, power plants and homes where it is used.

Building that transportation infrastructure costs MONEY, lots and lots of money. Natural Gas is a.....gas...and it's costly to move it in a defined direction. It requires pipes, in some cases liquefaction plants, it needs risk mitigation measures to prevent explosions.

So how does the gas owner or producer get the money? By selling gas. That's exactly the problem. How is selling gas a problem?

The price of natural gas sold in Nigeria is REGULATED and completely dictated by government. I remember when Barth Nnaji was Power Minister. It was all in the news. He secured approval that increased the domestic price of Natural Gas by 1000% if I remember correctly. Whatever the percentage it was a huge increase. And after that increase Nigeria still had the cheapest natural gas prices in the world. Flaring was reduced for a time. Google will help you remember.

The point is this - it's CHEAPER for the producers to BURN the gas than sell it at the REGULATED prices dictated by government.

If government DEREGULATES natural gas prices, the producing companies will INVEST MONEY required to stop flaring and transform and transport the gas to willing buyers. The natural gas producers will then be able to charge a price that enables them to make a PROFIT.

It's that simple. When you FORCE producers to sell their product at an unprofitable price, they will eventually STOP PRODUCING or even BURN the product.

Nigerians please learn about your country o!

Good Luck to Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by IAmHim1: 3:30am On Apr 07
why dont you buy more now if you can. Even borrow from close people if you have to. Good investment unno
Conner44:
Explanations & Statistics, na now Nigerians (along with apc people) go CHOP AM

I paid yesterday and it was N34 per unit on my meter.

Let time reach for me to top up again and see what they would have increased it to
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by kole22k(m): 4:08am On Apr 07
Conner44:
Explanations & Statistics, na now Nigerians (along with apc people) go CHOP AM

I paid yesterday and it was N34 per unit on my meter.

Let time reach for me to top up again and see what they would have increased it to
Oga where do you this ..my end is M48.53 per unit, where do you get N34 per unit?
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:13am On Apr 07
LagosFirstSon:
Dumb people in government and supporters

Bunch of idiots
which are you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Absent At The FEC Meeting Again As Osinbajo Presides In His Absence.PICS / Photo Of Buhari, Dangote And Danbilki In Kano. See Caption / 2019: Atiku Is Coming; Rivers Is Getting Ready - Wike Shares Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.