Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre (38431 Views)

Shock Awaits Those Challenging Obi’s Popularity In The North – Diran Onifade / Atiku's Victory On Saturday Will Come As A Rude Shock To Many!!! / Economic Prosperity Awaits Nigerians In Buhari’s Second Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:14am On Apr 07
bigsmoke2:
Government needs to widen the taxs net to capture those not contributing any taxes and stop making life difficult for the poor masses with anti people policies. Our tax to GDP ratio tells you there are too many evaders and stealers of tax along the chain of collection. You can't jack up power rate suddenly by over 400% in a country where the middle class has disappeared due to hardship. Most people live from hand to mouth such sudden change means financial crisis for many.
ppl living hand to mouth don't use get electricity in the first place

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:14am On Apr 07
Zxcvbnmghtr:
Poverty is truely a disease.
na
Is a symptom of laziness
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Stanley08(m): 4:45am On Apr 07
Inverter ACs work well if the installation is done well, service regularly and use the original gas. It's so cold in my room right now, I had to even increase the temperature to 22 degrees.

That's my current usage 506W and it includes
- 1.5HP LG inverter AC (L1 Power mode @ 22C)
- 565L Hisense fridge (double door)
- 90L Hisense fridge (small room fridge)
- Starlink (Dish + Router)
- 3 Deco X55 mesh routers
- 4 Security cameras & DVR

My brother, inverter ACs work well, just need to get the right technician to install and service it. I gave out my 1HP & 1.5HP inverter ACs a few years ago because "they weren't working well", till today the people I gave them to are enjoying it lol. The technician I had then wanted to kee me. I later had to spend money to buy the same ACs i gave out again. LMAO!

I will continue to advocate for inverter ACs infact LG inverter ACs to be specific because me I don't want to have an AC i won't want to turn on because I'm worried about my light bill. That and, I run this particular AC in my room 24/7 on my solar panels / batteries. Ire oh!

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Bluntemperor: 4:54am On Apr 07
The Troubles With Our Power/ Light Sector :
•In America and Europe,there is nothing like different Bands- lights na lights because there is nothing like 8- hours,12 Hours 20- Hours or 24- hours!
•What the DISCOS, GENCO and Electricity Regulatory System are doing is - a big time Fraud and Corruption!
•Can the Power Minister tell Nigerians his Short term, Medium and Long term Plans? No wander they skewed Professionals like the General Electric away - during GEJ - Era,now we are far away backwards because of Corruption!
-Why is it that - it is the Masses the Govt( States and Federal ) first stripped - Naked,by Removal of the so called ---Subsidies( Oil and now Electricity),yet that of the Executive, the Legislatures,the Ministers,the MDAs are not touched but Una eyes na just to pauperize the Public?
This is Wickedness!
Since the Minister was sold this nonsense - ideas, by the Workers in the Power industry,he said it and the numbers of hours in light generation on Daily basis has reduced,to unimaginable level! That means they don't know what to do!
-The Truth is that Corruption has finished all the Electricity organisations above,e g.let them show you the modes of Operations --low much do they generate - per Monthly, quarterly, and yearly- No Accounts but dubious entities are created?
•What is their Costs Elements? When last do they Purchased a Transformer? NIL.
How Much do they Collect the Prepaid Meters? How Much Many have been Sold to Each-Regions- and how much have been Paid into the DISCOS Account?
-How Many Accounts are existing in Each DISCOS and GENCO!
- What Money have been made or collected by Rural Electrification Agency and how much have been utilised or retained each Year!
-Is the Minister Aware of the evidence being planted in EKOD- that Ghost Workers are planted,by the Management ( as revealed by the reports in all the dailies,last Week)-just to Steal and blame Non- existence body( the Ghost Workers)?
•This is how Most Ministries Operate and they don't make the organisation to exist,just kill the Organisation! Very Bad!
•These are the Leakages the Minister should first tackle but rather blaming those who left A/ C on,for if
If ALL Nigerians are having Prepaid Meters ( something we don't Manufacture here but do Assemble) - by now,is it too much?
Would any Govt Agency( like the Army or Police or NNPC ,the National Assembly Complex,etc- have their Own Pre- Paid Meters, should they failed to pay ,they will know how to manage their Lights - usages!
and how is it that many Workers of these DISCOS ( Formerly PHCN) are still using their bosses - houses, properties to host themselves - when those who were there were thieves!
Why can't the DISCOS, GENCO have their independent Houses by Now but under Lease or Rental-Arrangements.
These are problems the Minister ought to have settled and get right from onset but was only talking of increased Darkness not Increasing Lights!
How can Darkness move Nigeria Forward in 21st Century - when some Countries like USA, Europe,China ,etc,are having 365 - Days Constant Lights.
•How Can Nigeria go to the Moon,get Steel and Iron Industry right? Is it by Generator Lights? NO!
Our Leaders have killed Nigerians- reduces Life Span buy not giving Lights but not providing lights but have been Stealing the Youths Future, through Non- existence Budgets!
-Thunder of God will fire all those who have been making Nigeria ,the Youths and the whole System to be Miserable - when we have enough Resources in Nigeria to be great - for this People are not Poor but Greedy!, Wicked, and Very Unpatriotic!
The same will happen for those benefitting in Insecurity , Kidnappers, Terrorists and Cross-Borders Crimes in Nigeria! They don't wish Nigeria Well!
Very Disgusting and Shameful!
We are Not Serious at all in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by BeeNG3: 5:01am On Apr 07
😀😀isiro l'oko dido
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by TemmyT002(m): 5:18am On Apr 07
Is this madness?
What is the usefulness of AC?
So because something is expensive, people shouldn't pay for it??
Has this person been to saber countries?
That's like saying because rice is expensive, you should buy garri.
Eh! Ńawa o
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Iamzik: 5:37am On Apr 07
seunayantokun:
Though we don't like this development, but can we begin to rethink our town planning, homes building, environnement sustainability, infrastructural provisioning, alternative/clean/green energy sources etc? For instance, heat can be reduced if we stop deforestation and afforestate and reafforestate in all urban and rural parts of this country. We destroy nature too much around us instead of conserving it.

Even the west world have not achieved green housing let's not deceive ourselves.

This government is out to wipe out the middle class and make everyone poor. I said it from when subsidy was removed on petrol but Nigerians are too blind they are defending nonsense.

I actually like what is happening. Tinubu should remove every subsidy imaginable then he should introduce new tax including solar and borehole tax. We go get sense by force
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by ademasta(m): 6:22am On Apr 07
AC, the Room Energy Glutton
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Teymanhenry(f): 6:36am On Apr 07
I almost slapped one idiot who was trying to deceive people that Tinubu's police were right.
How can you increase the tarrif this much all in the name of generating huge revenue?
He is just suffocating Nigerians. Now tel me, what happens if the Electricity companies fail to give up to 20hrs electric in a day? Would they be sued or what?

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Slickest(m): 6:38am On Apr 07
AK481:
See This nonsense some paid Nigeria does ... they divert people from the main topic of protest to how to manage a bad situation .

How come only me see these things ?
Its not just you brother. Its an exasperating stereotyped routine when a stupidd policy is made
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Scandium: 6:40am On Apr 07
The Only problem is that this government has increased everything, from Fuel to electricity, import duty and every other thing. School fees is also affected. But we are not seeing any impact or benefits of all these increment, yet they are still increasing them daily. Even prices of food has blown out of proportion.

These guys are just dealing with Nigerians mercilessly. No benefits, no impact.
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by seunayantokun(m): 7:27am On Apr 07
Iamzik:

Even the west world have not achieved green housing let's not deceive ourselves.

This government is out to wipe out the middle class and make everyone poor. I said it from when subsidy was removed on petrol but Nigerians are too blind they are defending nonsense.

I actually like what is happening. Tinubu should remove every subsidy imaginable then he should introduce new tax including solar and borehole tax. We go get sense by force
Well my concern is we have destroyed our environment a lot and so exposed ourselves to disasters of all forms. Our case is an example of how not to build life.

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by omoharry(f): 7:28am On Apr 07
AK481:
See This nonsense some paid Nigeria does ... they divert people from the main topic of protest to how to manage a bad situation .

How come only me see these things ?
My brother, me too surprise the way Nigerians just accepted this hike in electricity suddenly. There was no backlash from the citizens towards the government for this wicked decision.
I wonder why we Nigerians are always use to scraping through the walls when ever we are push towards it. We dont seem to ever bounce back ,instead, we grudgilnly create a hole through that hellish wall and continue with life just like that .
I wonder why we are so docile and powerless to fight our oppressors but only find out strength and voice during elections, fighting and insulting one another for these evil oppressors.
I think Nigerians deserved their leaders.
Apologies to those tiny voices in the wilderness that are still opposing this wicked policy but considered as irrelevant because they are insignificant.
Shame on us all

2 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by swagifted(m): 7:33am On Apr 07
Stanley08:
Inverter ACs work well if the installation is done well, service regularly and use the original gas. It's so cold in my room right now, I had to even increase the temperature to 22 degrees.

That's my current usage 506W and it includes
- 1.5HP LG inverter AC (L1 Power mode @ 22C)
- 565L Hisense fridge (double door)
- 90L Hisense fridge (small room fridge)
- Starlink (Dish + Router)
- 3 Deco X55 mesh routers
- 4 Security cameras & DVR

My brother, inverter ACs work well, just need to get the right technician to install and service it. I gave out my 1HP & 1.5HP inverter ACs a few years ago because "they weren't working well", till today the people I gave them to are enjoying it lol. The technician I had then wanted to kee me. I later had to spend money to buy the same ACs i gave out again. LMAO!

I will continue to advocate for inverter ACs infact LG inverter ACs to be specific because me I don't want to have an AC i won't want to turn on because I'm worried about my light bill. That and, I run this particular AC in my room 24/7 on my solar panels / batteries. Ire oh!
which inverter and battery you de use boss
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by swagifted(m): 7:37am On Apr 07
Iamzik:

but also in the west, the wide adoption of solar systems is because of expensive electricity rates and because they want to pay little bills, not because electricity supply is poor. The only way to reduce electricity bill in Nigeria is to adopt solar, like the west did... Some people, if they sell one of the wristwatches they own they can afford to have enough solar system to take them off grid for up to 36 hours minimum. Priorities.

2 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by amstamon: 7:55am On Apr 07
Ugodrey on smooth fm?
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:18am On Apr 07
Powering your gen with CNG is currently cheaper than PHCN.

Switch to CNG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDABVXLZEHg?si=deRmJR9qiCF4S2yl

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by nick50(m): 8:27am On Apr 07
If u no get money to pay for ac then buy fan or better still buy hand fan keep 4 ur house..i think say na only igbo people go suffer this tinubu government
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Elxandre(m): 8:35am On Apr 07
swagifted:
but also in the west, the wide adoption of solar systems is because of expensive electricity rates and because they want to pay little bills, not because electricity supply is poor. The only way to reduce electricity bill in Nigeria is to adopt solar, like the west did... Some people, if they sell one of the wristwatches they own they can afford to have enough solar system to take them off grid for up to 36 hours minimum. Priorities.
And those people wearing expensive watches are complaining where exactly?
Most of the already live in 24/7 serviced estates.

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by GloriousGbola: 8:40am On Apr 07
GAZZUZZ:
Powering your gen with CNG is currently cheaper than PHCN.

Switch to CNG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDABVXLZEHg?si=deRmJR9qiCF4S2yl

Does cng work with the carburator you sold?
Where can one buy cng?
Where can one buy the cylinder/tube?
How does one fill the cylinder/tubes?
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by lildush(m): 9:07am On Apr 07
Can someone help me strangle dat idiot out of that seat? It seams he doesn't know what his doing.
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by swagifted(m): 9:36am On Apr 07
Elxandre:

And those people wearing expensive watches are complaining where exactly?
Most of the already live in 24/7 serviced estates.
na lie o, most of them no get light for house o. That watch na for fake life.... Person no buy phone 1. 5million naira but e no get money for data
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by jessylaurel(f): 9:44am On Apr 07
nlfpmod:

Ugodre

Where did you get these facts from ?
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by NevetsIbot(m): 9:56am On Apr 07
It was definitely a great choice switching to Solar energy this year for me! Totally worth it. Aside from pumping water.. I definitely do not need their power supply. I get fuel… and I pump. Finish

I hope to buy more panels and two to three more batteries to add before it gets more expensive.

They can shove their new tariff up their renal tubes
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Heffalump(m): 10:17am On Apr 07
ivolt:

You must have invested huge sums to get such system.

Very correct.

Don't depend on any system in Nigeria. Help yourself if you can!
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by didymario7(m): 10:23am On Apr 07
SirLakes:
Everybody go dey on band A by force grin

Band B wey I dey use be like band F grin

I de tell u. We now pay Uk level electricity bill without getting UK quality of service.
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by ihustlehard: 11:29am On Apr 07
Innomach:
If they succeed with the plans, I can bet you, there would be improvement simply because most Nigerians surely would abandon electricity same wey dumped our generators due to high cost of fuel. Right now, I am contemplating uninstalling my AC
uninstalling your ac in a hot country like Nigeria is suicidal bro
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by SaLongs1(m): 11:34am On Apr 07
DIVINEEVIDENCE:
We should just boycott the national grid and switch to solar power supply.

After generating, let them chop the megawatts.

We have abundant natural gas supplies and oil rigs are still flaring methane as we speak

We have abundant crude oil supplies with millions of barrels being lifted per day.

We have water bodies for HEP generation yet Bulaba wants us to smell pepper before we can have power.

Azi gbakwa!
Nigerians are so wicked that even if you switch to solar energy they will artificially jerk up the price of it's components just like the price of cooking gas has gone up since they noticed that people were switching to it.

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Stanley08(m): 11:39am On Apr 07
swagifted:
which inverter and battery you de use boss

- 5kVA SRNE inverter
- 8x Matrix Wet Cell Batteries
- 16x 300W Bestcom Solar Panels

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by drlateef: 11:49am On Apr 07
nlfpmod:

Ugodre

Buy humidifiers that use very small energy. They work well.

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by drlateef: 11:51am On Apr 07
didymario7:

I de tell u. We now pay Uk level electricity bill without getting UK quality of service.

If you have your metre, you only pay for what you use. If they don’t bring light, it’s their loss, not yours.

2 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by TalkingBird: 12:11pm On Apr 07
Prigidypogodo:
cheesy

lol una go adjust tire

Very soon dem go tell una say na energy bulb dey cause am.

The thing is that before government implement any harsh policy they usually employ 2 sets of people.
1st people are those that will water the ground for the policy.
if you can recall before this increment, you've seeing questions on social media like " can you pay 50k or 100k or 200k for 24hrs power supply" ?
people will be thinking it's just a normal random question but it was from those sent to water the ground to see how people will react.
Now they came up with these band of a thing because making it general will backfire since most people on band A are rich Nigerians.
Mark my words it'll gradually spread to other bands slowly and Nigerians will still adjust.
Afterall we now normally buy fuel 700 naira today.

Now they've unleashed the second sets of people to convince you that you don't need power or need little power.
lol Nigerians cannot even read situations.
these guys are paid to say these things, to make it look like you where the cause of your own problem.
Same style was use when fuel was hiked if you can remember.

Fact is that Nigeria will continue to adjust.
will they reach breaking point ?
I don't think so afterall someone boldly said that if Obi should be the one that will make Nigeria look like heaven, he'll rather prefer hell.

Very correct.

In 2014/!2015 a colleague told me how he was asked to be writing articles against the government in power then. He declined.

A person I worked with many years ago called me then to encourage me to write against the government in power then also - 2014.

Today I wonder how he is fairing.

I know that human rulership world over is doomed. Despite man's sincerity he will keep failing.

Worse of is when people are hypnotized to stupor.

Help will come soon for global redemption of man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Southern Ijaw Election Rerun....#bayelsaDecides Updates. / Nkoli Mmegbuanaeze Contesting For Dead Husband's Legislative Seat In Anambra / Clerics In Battle For Aso Rock (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.