Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,152 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? (17868 Views)

Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? / Why Do You Go To Church Every Sunday? / Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Offpoint1: 9:50am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
I've tried to but just so difficult to pick up. Yesterday I made up my mind to attend service today, got my clothes ready but here I am on my bed and not ready to go anywhere.
You are waking up from the mental enslavement, reality is beginning to dawn on you. The zeal to back to your mental chain will never there again.
Your mind has begin its freedom.

You'll totally be free in a year time and you won't look back... At that point you'll find true spirituality and not the indoctrination you're currently suffering from.

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 9:52am On Apr 07
Offpoint1:

You are waking up from the mental enslavement, reality is beginning to dawn on you. The zeal to back to your mental chain will never there again.
Your mind has begin its freedom.

You'll totally be free in a year time and you won't look back... At that point you'll find true spirituality and not the indoctrination you're currently suffering from.
True spirituality? Tell me about it
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Blackdisciple(m): 9:56am On Apr 07
Emday:
My sister, the first thing we need to note is that we don't go to church because of people. We go to church because of God.
And that leads us to ask: Do you love God? If yes, then serving God is non-negotiable. Worst case, you can change your branch or change the church entirely.

But for your own growth sake, going to church is very vital if you want to become all that God has prepared for you. In addition, not going to church means you're not really being fed by the Word of God. That's a dangerous position to be; because the devil can really take advantage of you.

God bless you...
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Offpoint1: 9:59am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
Then why am I feeling this void inside me each time I miss church?
That's are not void, they're withdrawal symptoms.

See it this way: Someone enjoy alcohol consumption and has been consuming for donkeys years, alcohol is poisonous to the body but its victims (consumerd) don't see it that way, to them it's the best thing that has ever happened to them.

When they finally realized the damage and they start quiting, they'll always have withdrawal symptoms. The feel empty, void, the feel something is missing... Until they're finally alcoholic-free.

That's the same thing you're feeling

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by SaLongs1(m): 9:59am On Apr 07
I only go to Church or Mosque when someone I know has a function there and not for any spiritual bullcrap. You shouldn't even bother trying to regain being scammed by clever men and women who manipulate you out of your money whilst selling you lies .

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Blitzking: 10:01am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
I used to be a staunch church goer but gradually lost interest and always find one excuse or the other not to attend church service.

I actually lost interest when a certain young pastor was on my neck to date him, so it got to a point I had to stop attending service and ever since I've not been able to pick up.

How do I reawaken the zeal?
Am in your shoes..been like that's a year b4 covid till now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 10:01am On Apr 07
Offpoint1:

That's are not void, they're withdrawal symptoms.

See it this way: Someone enjoy alcohol consumption and has been consuming for donkeys years, alcohol is poisonous to the body but its victims (consumerd) don't see it that way, to them it's the best thing that has ever happened to them.

When they finally realized the damage and they start quiting, they'll always have withdrawal symptoms. The feel empty, void, the feel something is missing... Until they're finally alcoholic-free.

That's the same thing you're feeling
You have a point but I grew up going to church and doubt if I'll ever be totally comfortable to stop attending church service
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 10:03am On Apr 07
Blitzking:

Am in your shoes..been like that's a year b4 covid till now.
To pick up is so hard. Meaning the act of going to church has a spiritual attachment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Kukutenla: 10:03am On Apr 07
ahmedio2017:

Lolzzzzzzzz na there way o, you better run for your life ooooo

What are they even doing in the so called church self? Is that how Jesus Christ PBUH worshiped his God?

Dancing with another person's wife, toasting while dancing (worshiping), looking at another person's bumbum, steering at another person's wife boobs. Pasto.rs dating quiermaster e.t.c.....

I will advice you seek for true religion and stop wasting your time... God is all knowing....
So which is the true religion?

Is it the religion that will tell her she's unclean and below men or the one that will ask her to be stoned to death if she blaspheme?

Which true religion do you recommend?

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by jimmyvic(m): 10:03am On Apr 07
Communicate with God in your house....He is everywhere and not just in the Church premises...If you're finding it hard to do, download the "Believers" app, connect to your favourite preacher and listen to the message from the comfort of your home
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by SoaringLife01: 10:03am On Apr 07
Where is the place of the Holy Spirit in your walk with God?
A pastor asked you out and you declined, so because of that you stopped going to church.
For you to be concerned and post this on NL is a pointer that God is speaking to you to return back home.
In this present age of increasing rate of materialism and ungodliness, you should hold on to your faith in Christ.
Why do go to church? We go to church for FELLOWSHIP. Fellowship is more than going to church to show off our new clothes and style. Fellowship is meant to build up our faith in Jesus Christ.
If you are not getting that sense of fellowship in your present church , you are free to look for another church where you can feel that sense of fellowship.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by brightleave(m): 10:04am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
I used to be a staunch church goer but gradually lost interest and always find one excuse or the other not to attend church service.

I actually lost interest when a certain young pastor was on my neck to date him, so it got to a point I had to stop attending service and ever since I've not been able to pick up.

You are lucky. It is now that you are saved from being scammed. Just 4get it completely. I am happy 4u grin grin grin
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Offpoint1: 10:05am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
True spirituality? Tell me about it
Are you willing to learn? Might not be suitable for you at this stage until you're truly free yourself... But if you're willing, I'll guide you.

God has no association with religion, but with humanity. Religion is a dangerous tool developed by human for separation, control, taming and finance.

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Kukutenla: 10:05am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

How will you have zeal to go to church when you spend Saturday night clubbing, drinking heavily and having illicit sex?
Why won't you be to weak to go to church on Sunday?
Check yourself and make your way right with God and every other thing will fall in place
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 10:07am On Apr 07
Kukutenla:

How will you have zeal to go to church when you spend Saturday night clubbing, drinking heavily and having illicit sex?
Why won't you be to weak to go to church on Sunday?
Check yourself and make your way right with God and every other thing will fall in place
Never been to your kind of night club before, don't do others as well.

So you get it wrong

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by SoaringLife01: 10:07am On Apr 07
beyondPen:
You are not alone, the zeal in many of us is no longer there giving we were even born in church. Many nowadays go to church for something. It could be they want miracle (job, money, health) or for show.

Now you simply realize church cant give you what you really want in life as we were told but the actions we take in life.

Although we dont have anything against the church but the truth is we are in the post-religious era

It is not church that gives , it is God that gives us our heart requests.
Church is for fellowship.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 10:08am On Apr 07
Offpoint1:

Are you willing to learn? Might not be suitable for you at this stage until you're truly free yourself... But if you're willing, I'll guide you.

God has no association with religion, but with humanity. Religion is a dangerous tool developed by human for separation, control, taming and finance.
Are you a believer or an atheist?
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by musicwriter(m): 10:09am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

You're not losing interest per se, rather you are becoming logical. Christianity doesn't support a logical mind, science, questioning. Once you begin to become logical, Roman Jesus would become uneasy and start running away.

What's going on is that your subconscious has spotted many inconsistencies between what you believe versus reality, so you're actually becoming more enlightened now. The more logical you become, the more you'll realize that you're participating in an illusion and you'll quit eventually.

I was that way for several years. Though I stopped going to church for many years but I still considered myself a Christian until I eventually freed myself from Jesus.

Roman Jesus is actually the prison you need to be free from.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by ahmedio2017(m): 10:10am On Apr 07
Kukutenla:

So which is the true religion?

Is it the religion that will tell her she's unclean and below men or the one that will ask her to be stoned to death if she blaspheme?

Which true religion do you recommend?

Why must you blasphem in the first instance, you must learn to respect other people's beliefs and culture must you blasphem

Islam is the most perfect religion on earth....

CHRISTI.ANITY lacks respect and manners let me give you some instances

1) God makes mistakes, does that sound respectful to you?

2) God RESTED when God is not a machine grin grin grin grin grin does that sound respectful to you?

3) God regretted grin grin grin grin grin grin does that sound respectful to you?

4) one of your fraudster past.ors said was drinking tea with God grin grin grin grin grin does that sound respectful to you?
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Offpoint1: 10:10am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
You have a point but I grew up going to church and doubt if I'll ever be totally comfortable to stop attending church service
I don't think you've been dedicated to church than I was... Free birth I've been dedicated to all weekly activities, services internal and external for 28 years. If I missed a service I used to have that feeling of emptiness... Today I'm free and realized I was suffering from indoctrination and mental caging.

Today I've seen who God is truly his.

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by femi4: 10:11am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

Silly excuse. Your soul isn't tied to that church, change Church.

Furthermore, church going shouldn't be only Sundays activity, try attend other weekly activities if you can

2. While Church going doesn't validate you as a Christian, being in the assembly of the saints once in a while is necessary for your growth and development
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 10:12am On Apr 07
musicwriter:

You're not losing interest per se, rather you are becoming logical. Christianity doesn't support a logical mind, science, questioning. Once you begin to become logical, Roman Jesus would become uneasy and start running away.

What's going on is that your subconscious has spotted many inconsistencies between what you believe versus reality, so you're actually becoming more enlightened now. The more logical you become, the more you'll realize that you're participating in an illusion and you'll quit eventually.

I was that way for several years. Though I stopped going to church for many years but I still considered myself a Christian until I eventually freed myself from Jesus.

Roman Jesus is actually the prison you need to be free from.
You are obviously an atheist
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Offpoint1: 10:14am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
Are you a believer or an atheist?
Atheism has to do with not believing in a existence of a deity.

I'm not an atheist or a believer, I'm a realist. I believe there's a creator. (The creator I'm talking about isn't the Abrahamic religion creator) but the true creator of the universe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by nattyspice: 10:15am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
LoL you need deliverance
Only odumeje can deliver this one
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 10:15am On Apr 07
Offpoint1:

Atheism has to do with not believing in a existence of a deity.

I'm not an atheist or a believer, I'm a realist. I believe there's a creator. (The creator I'm talking about isn't the Abrahamic religion creator) but the true creator of the universe.
Has your own type of belief benefit you spiritually? Has it ever worked for you?

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 10:16am On Apr 07
nattyspice:

Only odumeje can deliver this one
Odumeje is not a pastor, I wonder what you people call pastor these days
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Sirmwill: 10:17am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

Hehehehe
Roz

Does your mum know about the Pastor?
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Offpoint1: 10:20am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
Has your own type of belief benefit you spiritually? Has it ever worked for you?
Define your "Worked for you"... I have my reasons. Because the so called religion folks are there for one personal or the other. I need that clarity.

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by yemmywesey(m): 10:20am On Apr 07
You are on a right path

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by nnadychuks(m): 10:22am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
Then why am I feeling this void inside me each time I miss church?
You feel the void because you still have a sound spirit. Your conscience is greater than the world’s belief. (Greater is he that is in you(conscience), than he that is in the world (belief) )
There was a time where I’m usually bothered about missing church service, now, I don’t even feel church services anymore, even if I attend.
Nothing about the present day church is right.
How will someone carry 10% of his income and give to a pastor, when Jehovah has asked us to eat our tithe in His presence?
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Suteco: 10:24am On Apr 07
I need to hear from Righteousness
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 10:25am On Apr 07
nnadychuks:

You feel the void because you still have a sound spirit. Your conscience is greater than the world’s belief. (Greater is he that is in you(conscience), than he that is in the world (belief) )
There was a time where I’m usually bothered about missing church service, now, I don’t even feel church services anymore, even if I attend.
Nothing about the present day church is right.
How will someone carry 10% of his income and give to a pastor, when Jehovah has asked us to eat our tithe in His presence?
You are right, modern pastors are even discouraging people from serving God, they are just after money and this weakens the spirit of a deep spirited person

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Bishop Daniel Yisa: "The Change Buhari Brought Is Changing Criminals To Saints" / Gay Church Opens In Igboland / Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.